Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you date someone who had paranormal expiriences?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rec_diver
Msg: 151
Would you date someone who had paranormal expiriences?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

ilovefriedeggs :I grew up in old victorian type homes, many strange occurrences.
Even if in the mind, and perhaps the mind can be all things.

a peculiar dichotomy, when only specific places manifest such activity particularly with some history attached - if not fervent hallucinations sprung from ghostie tales of old houses, what's to contain it's transfer to elsewhere.
a distinctness from the mind?

Nothing, but stop trying to make so much sense. Those who believe in this claptrap are never going to understand common sense, reason, and scientific theory.

If there were less people like you and me, and more of the type that think every bump in the night is an undead soul, we'd still be living out of caves and be worshiping the stars as if they were some sort of supernatural power.

To stay on topic.. I have dated women who believe in this crap but I sort of pretend to ignore it because usually the sex makes it worth it.
 mary_jane1963
Msg: 152
Would you date someone who had paranormal expiriences?
Posted: 12/8/2011 2:07:49 AM

To stay on topic.. I have dated women who believe in this crap but I sort of pretend to ignore it because usually the sex makes it worth it.

I like the cut of your jib. :-)
 bottleguy
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/8/2011 7:48:12 AM
I believe in some paranormal things. Fortune tellers and witches, eh, no. Wouldn't date those. I have lived in two haunted houses though. So I know there are ghosts, no doubt about it.
 matchlight
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2011 7:58:37 AM
I'm not sure it would always break the deal--depends on how much of it she believed in. But it would weigh on the negative side of the scale.
 Nice7Girl1977
Msg: 155
Posted: 12/8/2011 8:08:04 AM
I went on a date with a guy who claimed to be a physic. I asked him to tell me what I was thinking and he couldn't even guess on his fifth try. Lets just say that tehre wasn't a second date. lol
 hansyhans
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/8/2011 10:24:55 AM
I cracked up when I saw the title of this thread.

I've had paranormal experiences before, so yeah, I guess I would.

However, anything beyond that like chupacabras, the Holocaust was fabricated by the Jews, and the Cloverfield monster, etc., if a potential date believed in any that nonsense, yeah that's big red flag material.
 Coma White
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/8/2011 11:23:28 AM
There are a lot of variables when a person claims to be "psychic". I doubt most people could guess what you're thinking. Plus, you could just lie about what you were thinking evne if they got it right. Some people might have dreams that tell them their package is going to arrive in the mail the next day or things like that. Stuff like that happens to me, but I don't claim I can read the minds of others. If I was able to do that, I probably wouldn't telll anyone. I wouldn't mind dating someone that has had "paranormal experiences" such as lucid dreams, visions, etc, but I would probably think that someone is crazy if they told me they were abducted by aliens and tested but there are no scars.
 soulsmilin
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2011 12:02:59 PM
Went into my loft when first moved in the house as poked my head in, saw what looked like a real boy but wearing shorts and short sleaved shirt, was winter at the time, and no other way in, honest was crapping myself that much almost fell of the ladder, haha,

Never seen any thing, but after pets or children have been here, sometimes the doors open and close or sometimes cold spots, just say out loud, they have gone home, and seems to stop, but nothing else, doesn't bother me, and don't usually think about it, just like part of the house really.
 NuttyGooner82
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/8/2011 2:48:34 PM
Well, I go ghosthunting every other month, I go along as my 2 friends are really into it, so I come along to be the sane voice of reason (and I am the only with a decent Thermos and a night-sighted camcorder) and look to be convinced.

It would be great of there was such a thing as ghosts, however, going by recent hunts where windows were left open, and basic checks were not carried out, I think it's become more of a beano with electro static readers and digital thermometers.

Still, it gets me out of the house and we go to the pub afterwards regardless of the outcome

I would go out with someone who is interested in the paranormal, or who have had an experience, but if it consumes every minuatae of their daily life I think they need a psychoanalyst or a paranormal investigator more than a girlfriend...
 amethystdancer14
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/8/2011 3:36:09 PM
It depends on your personal beliefs, like religion, politics, etc. If its something that you feel you will have a major problem with, don't proceed. As other people have said, it also depends on the other person's level of experience - I mean we all have a ghost story to tell or something creepy that's happened to us. But if its something that consumes their lives, then if this is not your belief system I would say move on.
 BrockLee74
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/8/2011 4:15:23 PM
I have had some odd experiences that I cannot easily explain, but I really do believe there is a good scientific explanation for it. In some instances it is just likely our current scientific understanding has yet to figure it out. Just because current science hasn't figured it out doesn't make it "paranormal", "alien", or "mystical".
 rec_diver
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/9/2011 9:05:11 AM

NuttyGooner: Well, I go ghosthunting every other month, I go along as my 2 friends are really into it, so I come along to be the sane voice of reason (and I am the only with a decent Thermos and a night-sighted camcorder) and look to be convinced.
Still, it gets me out of the house and we go to the pub afterwards regardless of the outcome

Next time go to the pub FIRST. It will make things much more interesting.
 Luvincuddles
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/9/2011 9:10:07 AM
I would because I have had them too. Is someone here insinuating that this makes a person a freak or something? Experiences in life are personal and not all of us has the same one. Wow!
 Luvincuddles
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/9/2011 9:14:52 AM
NuttyGooner82 - obsession of any type is not a good thing
 soicat
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/9/2011 10:29:34 AM
I love the skeptics here. Their hubris is almost childlike. Alas, they're in for such a surprise.
 That_girl*
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/9/2011 12:55:05 PM
absolutly i would be more intrested in dating them if they did belive in the paranormal.
 rec_diver
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/9/2011 1:08:09 PM

soicat : I love the skeptics here. Their hubris is almost childlike. Alas, they're in for such a surprise.

Who told you that?
 Forumite
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/9/2011 5:41:18 PM
cell phone cams,,nanny cams....cameras so small you can wear them as earrings,,,,,

and yet,,,,still not one verified picture of a "ghost" or any other supernatural event...ever
in the history of the world,,not one completely verified,,on the evening news,,,not your favorite ghosty website,,,,not one news story with one picture confirming the existence of ONE paranormal event ...ever

people have endless videos of every single stupid thing that ever happens in their lives,,and yet,,,,,the camera just never seems to capture one of these "supernatural" events...

why is that,,,,,well...logic dictates,,,,that if there is no substantiated evidence that something exists,,,,then,,,it is because it does not....

now,,,the human brain,,that is another story.....it has been confirmed and thoroughly proven that the mind can and will make you see ,,smell,taste,,and hear things that are not actually there......it is called delusion ,,well

it is when you start believing those things are in the real world and not just in your own brain,,

there is not one confirmed instance of a supernatural event in the history of mankind that has been documented and proven beyond all REASONABLE" DOUBT,,ever...period
 TuffGuy666
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/9/2011 5:44:38 PM
Please make the voices in my head stop
 Luvincuddles
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/9/2011 6:35:01 PM
Forumite - who are you or anyone else to say that what I saw or anyone else saw wasn't real just because there's no proof as you say in your existence and experience. It also works the other way around, in your life experience if you do not want to believe in anything then what you see, find and experience will NOT appear, doesn't mean its non existent.

Ever hear about Law Of Attraction?

Forumite
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/9/2011 6:56:29 PM
"Forumite - who are you or anyone else to say that what I saw or anyone else saw wasn't real just because there's no proof as you say in your existence and experience. It also works the other way around, in your life experience if you do not want to believe in anything then what you see, find and experience will NOT appear, doesn't mean its non existent. "

i never said anything about what you saw or did not see,,,,,,i said ,,,very clearly by the way ,,

that there is not one shred of evidence that has been confirmed by a reputable source in the history of mankind of a supernatural event,,ever,, and with the plethora of recording devices we now have you would think it would just be a matter of time before a pic shows up.

oh whoops,,someone just took my pic and it is now on youtube! ok well anyways,,my point was,,and is,,,,,,,,where is the photographic evidence in a world full of cameras?
and does it make any logical sense that with all the video technology available to us that not one,,,not one,,confirmed photo has ever been verified..ever period
i'll answer that for you,,,,no there is not,,but IS there evidence that has been confirmed that the brain has the ability to make people see,hear taste things that do not exist and is this documented...the answer is yes

you do the math
 rec_diver
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/9/2011 7:38:48 PM
forumite please stop making so much sense, they're just going to get angry at you for challenging their unprovable silly beliefs.

Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny, ghosts, unicorns, bigfoot, God, Satan, life after death, psychics... not one shred of evidence for any of them, but people pick and choose because it's convenient and because they "want to".

It's human nature.. nothing more.. people believe in silly things, and it's never going to change even though there won't be proof of any of this in a trillion years..

But we're off topic here. Like I said, if everything else works, I'd compromise on that issue.. You see ghosts? Great! A bit more suction baby... this one's for the poltergeist!
 good_catch77
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/9/2011 7:58:04 PM

that there is not one shred of evidence that has been confirmed by a reputable source in the history of mankind of a supernatural event,,ever,, and with the plethora of recording devices we now have you would think it would just be a matter of time before a pic shows up.

You mean the same pics/videos that are some how "rigged"? I mean there are pics and videos out there but everyone of them have skeptics and people trying to prove stuff wrong. It's like a survey if it supports someone's theory its valid but if it's against the theory suddenly its got flaws.
 Forumite
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/9/2011 8:05:39 PM
"You mean the same pics/videos that are some how "rigged"? I mean there are pics and videos out there but everyone of them have skeptics and people trying to prove stuff wrong. It's like a survey if it supports someone's theory its valid but if it's against the theory suddenly its got flaws."

i can only assume,,the pics and videos you are referring to are much like the famous bigfoot one,,,they were turned in to be studied and found to be fake,,,,,,,,,,i suppose they still show up on websites and such and may still be talked about as if they are real ,,,,

but i am talking evening news here,,,world news,,,,,,a REAL ghost pic,,would be the headline in tomorrows news guaranteed...

and besides,,,,,,if you could photo a ghost,,then would it not make sense that the ghost will be back at the same place and available for more photo shoots? how can anything be "haunted"...doesn't that imply a presence that is there on a regular basis so wouldn't getting a picture be even more easily done?

seriously,,,think about it
 Luvincuddles
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/10/2011 5:38:29 PM
I would date someone who had a paranormal experience...thats my final answer
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you date someone who had paranormal expiriences?