Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > March Madness      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 newdejavu
Msg: 65
view profile
History
March MadnessPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think the Final will be anti-climactic. Duke is too deep and playing too well; with Butler's Howard either missing the game or being less than 100%; I don't see how they will keep up with Duke. Unless Duke has an off night, don't see how they lose this game.
 JFredMuggs
Msg: 66
March Madness
Posted: 4/5/2010 8:14:33 AM
If Scheyer, Singler, and Smith all play as well as they did versus WVU, then yes it's hard to envision Butler winning this. But it's been rare that all 3 play well at the same time. Duke lost to Wisconsin early in the year, so if Butler can dictate the tempo and 2 of the big 3 are having an off night, then they have a chance. It's pretty slim though, Duke does seem to have the versatility to play it any way you want. Blowout or a grind, either way it seems to have the makings of a boring game.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 67
view profile
History
March Madness
Posted: 4/5/2010 1:48:57 PM
I don't really know Duke at all other than the WVU game, but would note that WVU went from playing one of their best games against KY to one of their worst against Duke, who by all accounts put together one of their best games against WVU.

So.....while in theory Duke ought handle Butler like they handled WVU, it's quite possible on one day's prep coming off the emotional high of Saturday that they may come out flat tonight.

Or not. That's why they play the games.....

Dave
 cinsav
Msg: 68
March Madness
Posted: 4/5/2010 8:44:47 PM
I hate Duke, with a passion. Just another mega-million dollar school that think it actually accomplishes something when it beats a much smaller million dollar school like Butler.

I think college sports in general need have more divisions. There's no point in having a "Butler" in the ranks with the bigger schools that can afford the best of the best coaches and equipment - and paying off players behind closed doors.

Just look at Ohio State... their football program spends 80% of their season beating up on schools three times as small - then of course they go into a bowl game and get crushed. But, still....
 broncsbuff
Msg: 69
March Madness
Posted: 4/5/2010 8:51:37 PM

I hate Duke, with a passion. Just another mega-million dollar school that think it actually accomplishes something when it beats a much smaller million dollar school like Butler

You can hate duke...that is all you. But you cant blame Duke for playing Butler and beating them. Its not there fault that the Cuse, Kentucky, and Kansas all got beat. I agree Butler is probably not the powerhouse Duke is, but make no mistake that Butler team is very good.
 JFredMuggs
Msg: 70
March Madness
Posted: 4/6/2010 6:01:19 AM
Actually turned out to be a great game after all, fitting for a great tournament. It sounds like the NCAA is now going to screw it all up by expanding to 96 teams. Probably a bad move.
 RcknWhtKnght
Msg: 71
view profile
History
March Madness
Posted: 4/6/2010 7:31:34 AM
Could have gone either way with all the lead changes. That last shot just missed barely.

96 teams just means the NIT field would get in as well. Does that mean the death of the NIT?

The play in game should be the last teams on the bubble.
 MrLove45
Msg: 72
view profile
History
March Madness
Posted: 4/24/2010 9:56:16 AM
and with Singler and Smith returning for their senior season as well as a good recruiting class you gotta love Duke's chances of defending its title
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > March Madness