Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it true that a man's interest can be rekindled after it has been l      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Is it true that a man's interest can be rekindled after it has been lost?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
No it's over. Men usually move on to the next one fast. They don't
stick around moping for months over a particular women in general.
If he had the "deer in the headlights" look I would say you probably
scared him away for good.

I've had guys I loved as much as anyone could love anyone, and when
I saw them a couple years after the breakup it was gone. No feelings
at all for them.

Only if the guy had unusually strong feelings of love for you will he
come back. You had to be like his ultimate dream girl for that to happen
though.
 Something Rare
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Is it true that a man's interest can be rekindled after it has been lost?
Posted: 3/20/2010 5:44:52 PM
I had an ex that used to pull one of those, "I am leaving" you scenes. I'd run on hands and knees crying for her to stay.

I can't say I've had tons of relationships before or since that woman. But now days when a woman says, "Its not working out." I walk away and never look back.

This does not mean I will not be their friend and I have become friends with 3 out of 4 women that I dated and met from dating sites since 2005.

It does mean that it would take a lot for them to convience me that we had or have a chance in future years to come. I recall something I told my newest Ex's Ex husband. He said I could have her back and I laughed with the reply, "They don't call them "Ex" for no reason." When someone becomes an Ex I figure that is was meant to stay that way. Won't ever catch me begging another woman to remain mine ever again. Not even if I am madly in love with her. After all it is said if you Love something you should be willing to let it go. The ultimate sign of love is letting go. So be careful of what you do, it could be you'll chase the love of your life away with those small words of, "I don't want a relationship with you any more."

Could she win me back? Nothing is impossible, but it may take a lot of positive effort.
 cutei345
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 6:11:58 PM
Wow thanks so much for the comments! I really appreciate it.

I guess what I realized is that ill never have an answer, as there are so many outlooks/opinions regarding this question.

But I think I have made a decision as to what I want to do with this whole situation. (i.e. move on and perhaps be friends sometime in the future)

Thanks again guys!!
 OakTheDestroyer004
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 9:08:06 PM
LOL OMG!!!!!!!!! i went thru the same exact thing your talking about. my ex girlfriend was really clingy and insecure. we ended up dating for about 2 years because i found a way to stop her from doing that...........................ARGUE!!!!! i hate arguing ..i mean i really hate it. but she just wouldn't listen. we had to argue to the point where every single insecurtiy she had was addressed.

but the flame can be rekindled .

sidenote.: we broke up because i can calm her down after an argument , but she got bent out of shape over every little thing.. i was starting to get a headache. i felt like a referee consistently running in the ring saying " break it up , break it up" . it was her fighting the air basically.
 ambiancy
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 9:46:19 PM
Yes, the romance can be rekindled. In my experience it can be even better the second time. I once broke up with a boyfriend who was in love with me at the time. I broke up with him over a petty argument that seemed important to me at the time. I dated a couple of men after the breakup. The men I dated were good looking and nice, but I didn't feel any real connection to them. I started to miss my ex and appreciate how much he really meant to me and how much I loved him. It took the time apart for me to fully appreciate him and what we had. I took him for granted before that. We got back together for about five years.

A little off the subject, but everybody keeps saying men hate clingy women. Not true. Four of my girlfriends are the clingiest most insecure women on the earth and they're all married to extremely successful men. Plus, two of the guys are really good looking on top of it. The husbands seem to like the attention, and give it back.
 Luke Lee
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:24:36 PM
If the reason he left you has been settled, back to him is not a problem any more. In theory a man can be rekindled. But you have to start from this situation: your guy might not like you with your truly happy and you can not get the insurance that he can still love you as before. It is totally new for you and that guy, not a rekindling. Getting back these good times could be very hard and finally you might get some different from what you want. Something can be made, but not all.
 Maesbaby763
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/21/2010 5:01:31 AM
Love this saying:

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
 **~renegadeoutlaw~**
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/21/2010 6:51:26 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow. I have never heard of that one, Yankee but that was really good!

Thanks for that! - You really helped me put things in perspective!
 Maesbaby763
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/21/2010 11:35:34 AM
RENEGADE: You are welcome. Put a lot in perspective for me also.

Very deep and profound I think. If more people felt that way and actually put it to use we'd be a much happier lot no?
 RustyStrummer
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/21/2010 12:32:01 PM
No. In short time he'll meet somebody without those problems. Thing for you to do is turn it around for the next person.
Keep in mind if it took you 5 years to become depressed and clingy it could take the same amount of time for you to completely change the way you think/react. Sure we make a concious effort to react properly, but it's the autonomous reactions im talking about.
 Madison900
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/22/2010 4:44:43 PM
Yes it can..if you write to him from the heart and let him know exactly how you feel.
He also has to choice to accept it or move on.
l did that too last year...but realise in this case it was because he was emotionally unavailible in the first place!...thats why l became out of my eliment and felt insecure,went a bit over the top to a degree and sounded needy.
So it took me a year to get that sorted in my heart....weve spoken twice since then by email.
But its over...and now lve met a man who l have lots more in common with..talk together very well...and its looking very positive! AND his heart is in the right place at the right time for us to make it work.
He's better than the "ex" man that it didnt work out with...so lm feeling that we react to things that drag out insecurities if the feelings arent balanced between both parties.

Just move on...if he doesnt accept your heart felt email to him.lf he is feeling the lose in his life with you gone,he will write back and openly tell you too.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it true that a man's interest can be rekindled after it has been lost?