Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunshine4040
Msg: 76
A Few Extra PoundsPage 4 of 82    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I feel that it is a matter of preference. He may not like overweight people as potential partners, but have them as friends. Everyone has their own set of criteria for the people they want to date, and they may not vary from that type of person. I think the whole problem that he has was the fact that someone lied about their weight. Well, if you are comfortable with your weight, why lie about it? Why not tell the guy, hey, I am such and such height, and weigh this. Then send an up to date pic, or get on web cam and let him make up his own mind. When you hide what you weigh, it is considered a lie of ommission. A lot of people feel that if you are going to lie about one thing, what else would you lie about? I don't see anything wrong with him posting what his requirements are for the partner he is searching for. It is no worse than seeking people between the ages of this and this only on your messaging restrictions. Everybody has somebody out there for them. And everybody is beautiful in some way. I, myself, am 5"5 and weigh about 150-155 lbs. For my height, I should be 140-145. Oh darn...I look smaller, and I have as my mother calls it the hourglass figure...so I am satisfied with what the Lord gave me. I am not, and never will be a skinny stick of a woman. Thank God...lol
 mysticalman4u
Msg: 77
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 10:34:35 AM
Hotsteamywoman,
I may be alone, but I'm not deperate and therefore I can wait until my mrs right comes along. It's not that I am so special, I have my wants and I'm not going to bend for anyone including and especially you. As far as my being an ass, well I never answered anyone in bad taste with negative remarks. We are who we are, and if you can't see that then I feel sorry for you. Who the heck do you think you are telling me the type of woman I should spend my life with, my mother? At least I'm man enough to spell it out in my profile which I happen to notice not many people do and if you are overweight and can diet, what's keeping you from getting it done?

You seem like the kind of person who likes to judge so judge away but when it comes to calling someone an ***hole without really knowing the person, I strongly suggest you look in the mirror, perhaps an ***hole will be looking you in the face.
 dae
Msg: 78
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 12:54:49 PM
I have met a man in the recent past who had talked and chatted with a woman, they got along fine, he told her of his wants and desires, she said that she liked those things as well, she had told him that she was a few extra pounds, when they met, she was a lot heavier than what she said about herself in her profile, he liked her as a person, he wasn't looking for a perfect body, but just knew that he wouldn't be happy with someone who was heavy. Telling the truth, and posting a few pics, are worth it, cause no one likes to be hurt.
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 79
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 1:29:00 PM
marcval56, Hi Bro ! Wanna join a virtual Cavalry Troop ?
 lilypadxp
Msg: 80
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 1:49:52 PM
Mystical,

Perhaps you should put in your own profile that you dont want to be with someone over 99 pounds. It would seem that would be about proportianal for you.

Actually there are alot of sizes

mini
extrasmall
small
average
slightly over average
large
extra large
very big

Do you say in your profile that you are small and want someone small? If you do not then you should not expect others to be so specific. What is slightly overweight to me may be obese to you, since by your pic, you look small. We talked about this at work actually and everyone has a different idea of what is big and small based on their own size. To some people 180 pounds is average. For others it is obese. For some 350 is obese while 180 is slightly overwieght. Its a very subjective measurement.

For a man, 120 pounds in my books is extrasmall, but should I offend others and tell them they're actually mini and liars?

How a person dresses matters to me, but it may not for you. Only so much information can go into a profile and as many people are saying, there are alot of important things to looking for someone than just wieght. If it matters so much, be specific in your profile and then no one over 120 will bother you.
 newmexicoman
Msg: 81
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 2:16:10 PM
i have been with girls of all kinds of weight and i think that overweight girls have alot of confidence and are usually have it all together ,and i think they are just as sexy as anyone
 whosyourbadkitty
Msg: 82
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 2:52:06 PM
not that it always helps to see a picture ahead of time but you shouldn't have gone to meet her if you have hang ups about a person's physical appearance... you did that to yourself man.

and the "average" size of women these days is like a size 16 which equates to a very voluptuous woman. so if you're looking for a thin woman, stay away from women that describe themselves as average or a few extra pounds. again... you did it to yourself if you were disappointed in what you got when you met this chick.

men pull the same crap with women and their weight... do know how many men use pictures from high school or of someone else even & their this is "if you can just get past my looks & get to know me." ya, for the liar that they are? you just have to be careful with the whole internet thing if you're gonna do it and if you meet someone you don't dig, move on...

so the answer to your question... it's all relative... a woman may be 10 - 50 lbs. overweight but she may be very self confident and not feel as heavy as she might be. i had always been a size 2 soaking wet after a good meal and now that i have meat on my bones, i don't feel as overweight as i probably am now @ a whopping 170 lbs as opposed to the 116 lbs i was when you could see every fricken bone in my body. i'll just be stickin' with the natural "D" cup i've got now and any man that doesn't like it can kick rocks! ;)
 design.nerd
Msg: 83
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 3:03:32 PM
I'm not saying BLAME IT ON THE MEDIA for being fat...
I'm just saying that in todays world alot of things revolve around the entertainment industry and what we read or see in the news and we may think we're being original and independant and thinking for ourselves...but quite honestly how do you know you're REALLY doing all that?
I mean the only people that are really living a media/entertainment free life are the ones that live in the bushes and deep in the woods.

In the end, my personal view on it is you dont have to be a size 2 to be beautiful. Its all about feeling beautiful, if you can't feel it, then no one else will either.

As for me, i've always been a larger girl, its taken a while for me to be ok with it and i still have my moments, but in the end i've found that guys like the hugs and cuddles and that soft place to rest their head while watching a movie.

in other news,
Happy Halloween
 mysticalman4u
Msg: 84
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 5:07:04 PM
Aliona
You seem to be a bright girl so I won't bother trying to insult you, but sh*t woman get some glasses. This thread isn't about overweight women, its about women who say they have a few extra pounds in their profiles, only to find out that either they can't count, or they are liars because a few extra pounds could be 5 to 20 extra pounds, not 50 as is the case when women say they have a few extra pounds.
 mysticalman4u
Msg: 85
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 5:12:02 PM
Na it's not even worth writing you back, if you read my profile it says I am in the 150 cagatory, not 99 pounds and it also says in this thread that I don't wish to meet women that small but since you haven't the time to read the entire thread, why bother answering someone such as yourself.
 Maidendg
Msg: 86
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 6:28:50 PM
I would think the 5-20 pounds would be average and 50 a few extra pounds, they sure aint bbw at 50 lbs
 femmeinin
Msg: 87
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 10/31/2004 7:13:15 PM
I can't stand really skinny guys. personally i like my men about 160 ;)
 Watchman
Msg: 88
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/1/2004 5:35:31 AM

I would think the 5-20 pounds would be average and 50 a few extra pounds, they sure aint bbw at 50 lbs
What if they are only 4'11" ?
 Fifi47
Msg: 89
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/1/2004 2:28:06 PM
well, I am 5 feet tall and I am a size 16 or 18....men who like bbw tell me that I am too small for them, and most men who like average sized women (a size 12-14) tell me that I am not really that large....it is all in the perspective..if a man is used to a size 4 then he should go for that only, if he is not accepting of anything else. The problem is manners, I tell men how much i weigh and what size that I am, send a pic, and they act like I am going to be something else when I appear...hey, I am into reality, sorry they waste my time looking for some fantasy shapeless woman.
 mysticalman4u
Msg: 90
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/1/2004 8:28:24 PM
fifi47
At least you are honest about your weight and that's what this thread is all about, being honest. As I said at the start of this thread too many women say a few extra pounds, when in fact if they are 5ft 0inches, 150 pounds isn't a few extra pounds, it's a lot of extra pounds for their height, so why not be honest and say so at the start, in one's profile. In my personal opinion a few extra pounds could be between 5 and 20 pounds even for a woman of five feet that's not the end of the world, but fifty pounds would be in excess as far as I am concerned. In this thread which must have hit a few women below their belt lines, I've been insulted but that's ok, they got to vent their frustrations and that's what message boards are all about, making a point, and getting it across to the people who will read it. We all want our special person to enter our lives and if we all had the same tastes in people Plentyoffish wouldn't exist along with a host of other sites such as this one. Loosing weight is no easy feat, but for the most part, it can be done. I know I had to loose 25 pounds one time for a back problem. I cut out sugar and fatty foods and in no time the 25 pounds were gone and have never come back so for those who are weak and say it can't be done, I say Phooy, it can be done if you want it to happen.
 Ruby_
Msg: 91
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/2/2004 4:27:42 AM
mysticalman4u ....Why do you keep digging yourself into a deeper hole?
Now you say over weight people are weak. This is not the truth for the majority of people. There are many and some very personal reasons why people are over weight.
It could be just a matter of getting older and our genes, like me ";)

Also I read in another post where you won't consider a woman if she lives outside a 25 mile radius of your home. You really don't want to meet anyone, do you?
If you think about it, how many woman in your age group are single, weight proportionate, and you will have chemistry with do you think there will be for you to choose from?

You do have the right to be with the woman you desire but I think there are too many Spring Roosters in the coop for you to be so picky.
 Watchman
Msg: 92
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/2/2004 6:07:41 AM
Speaking strictly from a health conscious perspective here is what the experts suggest.

For a 30 year old woman with a height of 5' 0" their body weight should range from 97-128 pounds with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 19-25. The Metropolitan Life Insurance company has established a weight range of 116-129 to qualify as the lowest health risk for their insurance.

Now it's my opinion that if you took a woman of 5'0" and weighs 129 pounds and you add 50 additional pounds to her she will be at an unhealthy weight level and is running some serious risks of problems such as heart and blood pressure problems as well as many other potentially serious side effects of carrying that much additional weight.

As I said initially, I think that weight should be based on more of a health conscious perspective as opposed to an aesthetic one. Please note that my opinion is not intended to somehow belittle anyone that may be challenged with a weight issue. It is simply to say that people need to do their best so that they can remain healthy both physically and in their relationship...
 Watchman
Msg: 93
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/2/2004 6:09:36 AM
I wanted to add this site address if anyone wants to see how they do:

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
 AllThatRed
Msg: 94
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/2/2004 7:32:18 AM
Thanx Watchman. The defender of physical fitness. Now add a cape to your picture and you're all set.

I agree with you about the health perspective. Remember the the thread is about honesty in weight declarartion. But you bring up a good point regarding health and size. These standards aren't chosen on an asthetic basis. They are designed around determinations of risk relative to long term wellness.
If you're a bean pole-eat better and excersize. If you're BBanything, get yer head outa the Hagen Daas eat then veggies. Life is too short people.
 mysticalman4u
Msg: 95
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/2/2004 8:04:36 PM
Ruby,
You take anyone you want, let them get some form of cancer and see how fast they loose weight. A lot of people say oh I can't seem to loose a pound, then you see them at Tim Hortons chugging down the newest donuts that have just been baked. Not all overweight people have problems as you suggest and anyway that's not what this thread is about, it's about women and or men who don't admit up front to their actual size be it 120 pounds or 150 pounds. The women say a "few extra pounds" and as is quoted here many times over, that depends on what a few extra pounds are, 5 perhaps, ten maybe, 20 that's ok as long as the person started his or her weight at 110 pounds, but when a woman and or a man is 5 ft 1inch and weight 150 pounds that's not a few extra pounds, that's a lot of extra pounds. I'll take a 150 pound woman any day as long as she is about 5 ft 7 inches tall, then her weight is and will be purportunate to her height, give or take a few pounds either way. Some people take offense and they shouldn't as this thread wasn't started to offend anyone. It was started to make a bad problem right and hopefully to let people see that honesty is indeed the best way to start a new relationship by being honest and not laying crap on someone with this business of a few extra pounds. Put it in your profile that you are a certain weight and let the man decide on whether he wants to contact you or not. We aren't kids here, hopefully we are adults, and therefore responsible enough to be honest in what we write.
 Ruby_
Msg: 96
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/3/2004 1:59:39 AM
mysticalman4u...Yes, you are right about being honest about what you weigh. Not everyone who is over weight has issues. It may be as simple as not knowing good eating habits. It was just too generalized to say all over weight people are "weak" willed. I know that weight can be a turn off, as well as turn on. It is all about personal preference.
 design.nerd
Msg: 97
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 10:23:10 AM
If people want to lie, let them lie, atleast they're being who they are. And if you don't like them for that, then so what? Get over it and find someone else to bug.

Sure lying isnt cool, but a lot of people do it, its a character trait for some...so leave it be.

90lbs....300lbs, whatever...If they're not telling you the truth does it really matter?
Maybe they're just not comfortable with sharing that sort of information, and doesnt want some old guy pestering her for specific poundage numbers. So if you're talking to a girl and she wont give you a straight answer....its not that she's a liar...theres definately a reason for it...so i say move on and stop wasting your time because she doesnt feel comfortable around you.

oh and mysticalman4u...I think you just dont want a larger girl because you're insecure and you're afraid she'll crush you like a bug...meanwhile she's probably the most wonderful lady on the planet and youre totally missing out by prejuding every larger lady and making certain generalized statements.

but hey, dont listen to me, i've had about 3 hours of sleep from working all night long on projects.

design.nerd
Msg: 98
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 10:25:29 AM
and ya a while back someone posted for all the ladies..and i agree.

that if a guy is going to judge you on your weight you may as well just get it out of the way and send him a photo and tell him how much you weigh or in person if he asks just tell him...so then you can see his reaction...deal with it and if he's an a** about it..move on..he's most likely not worth your time.
 PakanaHerruus
Msg: 99
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 10:30:45 AM

I can't stand really skinny guys. personally i like my men about 160 ;)

that is a really skinny guy.. my gut is the only fat i have.. but im tall (6'4").. and i weigh about 305 pounds..
 giggleparts
Msg: 100
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 11/4/2004 10:35:04 AM
It's funny I was thinking the same thing what normal sized guy weighs 160? Maybe if he is shorter and slight of frame....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)