Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 molly__blooming
Msg: 1901
view profile
History
A Few Extra PoundsPage 77 of 82    (42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82)
^^^^ yes yes yes we ARE supposed to be happy with who we date from the neck up -- yes!!!! we are we are!!!! :-)

oh gosh, that wore me out.

ps: promisez, i was just trying to send you a note saying "too bad you're in south carolina!!" :-) but it won't go thru because i'm too young for ya. hmmm... oh well :-) ;-) anyhow, i liked your profile!

and yes 452, it's just got to be about something beyond photographs, else we are all doomed, entirely doomed! :-)

and to those complaining about all of diehrd's "prefer not to say"s, i agree, i can't stand that -- who do these men who "prefer not to say" anything think they are? do they think we're gonna go for them when they have told us precisely nothing about who they are? sheesh! recently a guy from this site wrote to me and immediately asked for my number -- now here was a guy with very little info in the profile, NO photograph, a guy with whom i had not had a single conversation (on IM, e-mail or phone) and who, on the other hand, had lots of info about me (from my profile), several photographs and would then have not only my e-mail but also my phone -- so, i wrote back saying this (in summary) and telling him he's welcome to e-mail and that when i'm ready to give him my phone # i will. that message was read and deleted in about 30 seconds flat... well, so much for him!!!! :-)
 fun man looking
Msg: 1902
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:14:20 PM
I wouldnt reply to a woman who didnt hav thin/athletic as her body type. I might respond to average on the condition she had a full body shot
 merr7242
Msg: 1903
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:36:23 PM
Hi, I am late in getting involved in this topic. I just want to add some interesting facts to posit over: Now, if men have a problem with women understating their size then how about the guys who say they are 5'9" and when you meet them you tower over them and you are 5'4"? How about the ones who say they have salt and pepper hair or show a much younger picture in their profile and when you meet them you can't recognize them because they look nothing like their photo? Well, this has happened to me many times. Honesty is important because if you lie about things that are so easy to spot in a face-to-face, what else are you lying about?

Thought I would throw that in for discussion.

I agree though. I am 30 lbs overweight but I am very proportionate. I am 64 and men even older than me want a woman who is slim and athletic. Guess they just want a lot younger women. Well, I would prefer younger men too - but I am sensible about the fact that I wouldn't have that much in common with someone too much younger.

merr7242
Msg: 1904
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:40:08 PM
Hey "fun man looking" - I just looked at your profile and that couldn't possibly be your photo. It looks like someone much older than 25 - which are you lying about?
 fun man looking
Msg: 1905
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:44:40 PM
sorry, im not lying, i just look mature for my age and know how to dress. news flash lady just because i dont go around wearing baseball caps baggy jeans and all the rest of it doesnt mean im in my 50s or whatever u like to think
 maryrachelle
Msg: 1906
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:44:52 PM
mer7242 that is definitely not him . its a picture of a well known actor . so much for him wanting to find an honest woman . if you are going to put up a picture at least put up one of yourself. what a joke. like nobody was going to notice . you shouldnt be allowed to post pictures of anyone but yourself . and he is all concerned about getting a skinny woman . heck even skinny women dont want liars .omg so funny . hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahha
 molly__blooming
Msg: 1907
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:45:29 PM
yep, in fact merr, i do believe that is a picture of the actor Clive Owen, who is supremely hot and well over 25. i do not believe that picture is legit. he was in the movie derailed with jennifer aniston, he was in a movie that took place in africa with angelina jolie, he was in the movie gosford park, and many others.

my dearest fun man looking, unless you ARE Clive Owen, you are full of sh*t.

...although, doesn't it seem like some kind of delicious poetic justice for a man to post and say what this guy said and who just happens to have completely faked his entire identity??!! ha!!!! i love that, actually. :-)

edit to add:

ha, 452!!!! we were thinking the same thing at the same time!

yes, it's a picture of Clive Owen. i bet if we googled it it would come up...

in fact i think i will change my photos and instead find pictures of helena bonham carter, or angelina jolie, or somebody like that -- imagine all the attention i'd get if i put photos of a movie actress in my profile???? bah!!!! i cannot BELIEVE this!!!!
 merr7242
Msg: 1908
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:51:37 PM
Thank you 452 and Merf for your hilarious responses. I needed a good laugh. I was on another forum recently about honesty and guess what I was thinking too was men don't know what honesty means. Good example
 mikerock
Msg: 1909
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:57:27 PM
There is also another phenomenon I have run into. The lady states that she has the aforementioned few extra pounds. She means that she has a few more than when the photo was taken. This is a common grammatical error I find with women in this part of the country for whom English is not the first language.
 maryrachelle
Msg: 1910
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:58:29 PM
omg i went on yahoo and did i search and i found that picture . oh sure mr clive owen is a member of plenty of fish . oh that is a good one. can i have your autograph mr owen.
 *cee~cee*
Msg: 1911
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 7:51:08 PM

She means that she has a few more than when the photo was taken.

Not true Mike. I just took full body pics about 20 mins ago and posted them on my profile. I'm sorry you've found this to be the case sometimes, but not all of us are out to deceive.
 howie46
Msg: 1912
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 8:08:26 PM
How many women have listed themselves as average and were 30-50 pounds heavier than average. Why can't these women be honest? It's the same as lying about age or whether you smoke or drink or anything else. Why lie? It just will bite them in the bum in the end, won't it? Hee hee, bite them in the bum in the end......I just made myself laugh.
 biketrvlr
Msg: 1913
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 8:58:58 PM
having come across this thread late, i can't say i've read all 77(and counting) pages, what i have seen from both women and men is a tell the truth about yourself attitude.

if you're looking for someone to do triathlons with or go on 30 km hikes, yes fitness is important, but BMIs are no indication of fitness. many pro athletes with body fat content % in the single digits are considered to be obese, for the simple reason that they weigh a lot for their height. it may all be muscle mass, but they're technically obese.

beauty comes from the inside... athletic, fit, a few extra pounds or bbw/m, it all comes down to whether or not you're comfortable with yourself and who you're comfortable with.

on a related note... is there a difference between saying no someone out of hand for having a few extra pounds and saying no to them for having a few extra years?
 talista
Msg: 1914
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 9:19:55 PM
I think there is this negative connotation that goes with "a few extra lbs" obviously stated in this thread. So now everyone who falls into that category is starting to put "average"...so now a lot of people are looking at "average" people as fat.

In fact I have met people who probably should be average, but claim to be athletic just to avoid being lumped into the whole obese "average" category.

It's all one big grey area
 Realitys~A~Dream
Msg: 1915
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 9:52:38 PM
I have to agree, it is wrong to lie about your body type/weight...
My best friend always told me ( still does) that people are happier when they are fit ( or when they are NOT over weight)... When I was 243 lbs, I always thought he was wrong, because I "WAS" happy with myself.... But now, that I am no longer over weight ( I lost 78 lbs ), I realize that he was/is right... I am MUCH happier with myself, when my weight is under control...

There isn't anything wrong with being over weight, I was for several years and I have many many friends who are ( and they are BEAUTIFUL), but if you are over weight, I think that it is something that you should be honest about.
 maryrachelle
Msg: 1916
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 10:11:32 PM
oh yeah howie46 woman are evil dishonest creatures . as opposed to men who never lie . i agree why lie? but i hate it when people who talk about dishonesty like it is every single person they have ever run into on plenty of fish . when you think of all the women you have met was it everyone or just the one or two . you cant really blame the actions of a few on all women . oh yes we woman are evil ,sulfurous creatures. as for feeling better when you are more fit of course that is the case . it takes time to lose weight though and it doesnt healthfully happen in a couple months when you have quite a bit to lose . who on here is saying its alright to lie ? no one whose post i have read . except for that one weird little guy whose post were all strangely deleted . i thought you couldnt delete something once you had post it but whatever.
 dew-sweet-dew
Msg: 1917
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/16/2007 11:52:16 PM
I am 5'6" and weigh 150 lbs. -------I put average in my profile---was I wrong in doing so? How does one know what is average to others?
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 1918
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 12:05:50 AM
Dew, judging by your pics you are average, from what I can tell (though I'm certainly no authority).

Guess what??? Clive Owen viewed me!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
 promisez
Msg: 1919
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 6:04:24 AM
OK, good morning all. So far I've viewed Merf, merr, 452, and depechegurl plus a few more. So wheres that few extra pounds at? Even if I'm shallow enough to consider a "figure" as a quality of a woman, I would be honored and blessed to have any one of you walking arm in arm to dinner. Heck, you could add a few pounds and I would still be blessed as far as I'm concerned. I would hate to lose that one most perfect woman that could make me the happiest man in the world if my searches were for up to 150 pounds and she weighed 155. I'll just accept you ladies as you are and let the other guys suffer their loss.
 promisez
Msg: 1920
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 6:07:01 AM

in fact i think i will change my photos and instead find pictures of helena bonham carter, or angelina jolie, or somebody like that -- imagine all the attention i'd get if i put photos of a movie actress in my profile.

You're just fine the way you are young lady
 bbw_subby
Msg: 1921
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 6:51:59 AM
hey all... well i have read this threw a few times and i must say bottom line honesty is the best policy!... i am a bbw all the way i have a great attitude and love fun im not looking for a socially defined relationship on here but i am looking for somthing great and the way i see it is i dont have time to waste so y would i want to start with deception a misconstrewed notions. bottom line is everyone has personal tastes and if you dont fall into somones taste list then move on to the next fishy dont take it as a personl fail i mean some like blondes some like brunnetts some like fat some like thin hell some like old and young .... would you feel as bed if someone said to you im sorry your to young or to old ... i dont think we sould be hard on a guy who prefers thin over big... its a personal choice id rather be with a guy who likes big girls and adores me than convince a barbie hunter he should give me a try!
take care all and be happy with the immage in mirror ( no matter how big the mirror has to be)
 kimingrmi
Msg: 1922
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 7:06:20 AM
Maybe if you weren't so shallow. you wouldn't be trying to find your life's soul mate on a site like this.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 1923
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:05:01 AM
^^^^ aren't most people trying to make just that kind of a connection here on POF? sheesh, i am confused...

and promisez, thank you so much! you are quite the gentleman! :-) ;-)

and breathless, he viewed me too!!!! :-P i can't believe that profile is still standing, unbelievable!!!!
 Likkur
Msg: 1924
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:29:18 AM
Haven't you learned that a few extra pounds, in reality means; OBESE
 redkat930
Msg: 1925
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:39:50 AM
i was temperarily involved with a man who told me he loved me and that he wanted a future together.......when i was a size 10. he is gone.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)