Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dawn1114
Msg: 1951
view profile
History
A Few Extra PoundsPage 79 of 82    (42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82)

Personally i think our clive owen impersonator is a 450 man living in his mothers basement who decided he wanted to be a different kind of person on line.

At the risk of being spanked for "chatting," what's a "450 man"? I understand a 4:20 man, believe me! I'm old - ha!
 *cee~cee*
Msg: 1952
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:11:07 PM
of this 90% im sure is included a large number of women who eat too much

Says a guy that puts up a picture of an actor on his profile...

For someone so deceitful you sure have some strong comments to make. Makes me wonder what you're hiding if all you can do is insult people to feel better about yourself. I'm betting a whole lot. Even your nic is deceitful. In none of your posts have I ever seen anything that portrays this 'fun' in the man looking part. But you know something? Your posts actually do nothing more than make me feel sorry for you. I don't get angry, or want to lash out at you, I just feel truly sad for you.

In a feeble attempt at possibly educating you somewhat... overweight doesn't necessarily mean someone eats too much. In fact? Studies have shown that a lot of overweight PEOPLE eat less than the average person on the whole. Many factors play a role ... chemical / hormonal imbalances being near the top. So sure, while overeating may play a part in some, please educate yourself a bit before you spout off with generalizations and things you 'think' you know. I'm not sure you realize how ignorant you come off ... or maybe you do... which is your point of posting in the first place ... which would take me back at my original question about what you're hiding behind that nic and sexy pic of Clive.... but it's your problem not mine... and it's sad.
 maryrachelle
Msg: 1953
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:22:45 PM
450 ? you didnt get that 450 pounds is the only thing that could possibly mean . excuse my typo little miss perfect . some of us have had a bad day today so typos happen . jeeze .
 dawn1114
Msg: 1954
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 10:18:18 PM

]450 ? you didnt get that 450 pounds is the only thing that could possibly mean . excuse my typo little miss perfect . some of us have had a bad day today so typos happen . jeeze .

I honestly have no idea what this means. Little miss perfect? Me? Crazy old cat lady, maybe. Really, I never know about some of these Internet expressions. I just assumed I was ignorant. I've always admired your posts, 452.
 maryrachelle
Msg: 1955
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 10:56:21 PM
after being at the hospital for hours my brain is a little fuzzy . it seemed to be when i was reading that it was a bit of a jab at me for making a mistake in a typo . i forgot to put 450 pound man living in his parents basement.
 merr7242
Msg: 1956
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 11:00:59 PM
Hey ya'll, Clive viewed me too and also wrote me some messages. And, he doesn't get it.
 dawn1114
Msg: 1957
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/17/2007 11:17:04 PM

It seemed to be when i was reading that it was a bit of a jab at me for making a mistake in a typo . i forgot to put 450 pound man living in his parents basement.

Gosh, not at all. I understand the 4:20 thing (hey - I'm an old hippie!), but thought I was missing a new Internet idiom. Peace.
 *snoogins*
Msg: 1958
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 1:43:20 AM
Dawn,and 452,don't make me separate you two! I can be hard to read people's meaning when they are typing,452,you made an understandable mistake,an easy thing to do when you are tired.And Dawn,an old hippie eh?Do you still dip into that sweet sweet cheba? And what is with Clive?I can't figure out what his deal is...you know I just looked at the beginning date of this thread,because I couldn't believe it had been going for so long!Incredible!It goes to show tho,the whole wieght issue is one that will be turned over and over for millenia to come.The only thing I can't understand,is the anger that was brought in,it was a little confusing,I'm not allowed to get mad at being called fatty,but various men can howl in furious outrage because some girl misrepresented herself by a few,or a lot of pounds.It's like a double standard between thin and thick,with both battling for the top spot.Are any of us better?Is Jane better than me cuz she is thinner than me?How do I base my self-worth?That's a question that I think has been touched upon....I mean,we've been over the honesty thing,but what about what the honesty is hiding--those hidden/lied about pounds?What is too much,what is acceptable?Can personality/mental chemistry overrule the physical?I mean,there are different levels of heaviness,we all know that 300,400,500 pounds is way over the line,healthwise and otherwise..but what about low end heaviness?I mean,does the 40 extra pounds I carry make me a bad person?Like the whole idea that anyone who lists 'a few extra pounds' is automatically seen as obese,but the term 'obese' is thrown around so much it tends to lose meaning.Out of all the women posting in here,I haven't seen one who is morbidly obese;I see a lot of bigger women,who,in my opinion,are still rockin' it hardcore!Then you have guys on one side who want 120 pounds,and the guys on the other side who say bigger is better...what is the diff between these people?I want a million dollars so I can research this whole enigma...when is fat too fat?When is skinny too skinny?Is it the individual person,or all people who factor in here?Are you looking for what you want,or what you think you are expected to want?Sorry for the rant,I have been thinking on this far too much about this topic lately,and I gotta stop smoking fatties before I hit the forums,I think... perhaps we should delve deeper into why we want what we want....I'm not saying change it,we all have our preferences,and that's awesome!I just think if we examine what makes us choose,we might understand our choices more.
 maryrachelle
Msg: 1959
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 2:26:08 AM
yes snoogins you are right it is only a misunderstanding brought on by miscommunication and my fuzzy brain . i still dont know what a 4:20 (i think i said that right) is .why cant we love ourselves as we are . to often no matter how skinny or fat we are always made to feel like we are never good enough . men cant understand this because they dont see underweight extremely skinny men on every billboard ,magazine, television show etc... they are not told on a constant basis that this is how they should look if they want to look"normal" . and just because a woman has curves does not make her obese. obese is an extreme .i think that too fat is when you cant climb stairs or walk for a few minutes without getting out of breath and like you heart is going to pound out of your chest . stange thing is i have more endurance then most of the skinny people i know . after being on the treadmill 5 minutes they are huffing and puffing and have to stop . i can easily go on the tread mill 20 minutes at high speed .just because someone has a little extra fat on them doesnt necessarily mean they are unhealthy .
 promisez
Msg: 1960
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 5:02:41 AM
promisez: ok, i've decided: i am dumping clive owen. will you marry me? i think you are the man of my dreams. you are, at least, and by far, the coolest guy i have come across on this site in many moons.

Might want to think twice lady merf, I might be easy but I'm not cheap, I drink a lot of coffee! Of course, you do realize I have a rain check if ever in your neck of the woods for dinner wherever you chose. And yes I do open doors :)

I hope clive isnt heartbroken, his loss is my gain
Yes 452, you DO look normal to me as is and if you decide to change in any direction, you will still look just fine. Your soul will always be right where it should be if I'm making any sense and thats the part that should count the most in a partner or spouse.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 1961
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 6:56:28 AM
promisez, you drink a lot of coffee! uh oh, now my love bubbles have just doubled!!!! yes i am aware of the terms of the contract: dinner, that would be marvelous!

snoogins, that was such a great posting, i think your longest yet! and yes, i agree with you, it is important to delve deeply and to think deeply about our true motivations. as for me, i have been thinking of late that i really would like to get down to my ideal size, a 10 or 12. i am not too hung up on how much i or anyone weighs, but i AM concerned about health. in fact, you have inspired me to get serious about working out on a regular basis and in a disciplined way -- i have been too lacadaisical (sp?) about it up til now... have a great day, snoogs!
 dawn1114
Msg: 1962
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 7:18:43 AM

it seemed to be when i was reading that it was a bit of a jab at me for making a mistake in a typo . i forgot to put 450 pound man living in his parents basement.

Sorry about that. It really wasn't. Like I said, some Internet jargon still confuses me (I remember about a year ago I actually had to ask someone what lol meant - ha!). I figured a "450" was something new. A "420" is slang for smoking a joint (I believe it comes from the hour high school let out when all the stoners rushed to the parking lot to partake). No, I don't use it anymore. I gave it up years and years ago when it started getting too strong for me.
 Spiker.
Msg: 1963
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 7:58:11 AM
Hi dawn1114,
I was also encapsulating the rest of where we veered off of the original subject. It's difficult to write anything on these forums without coming across as harsh.
I know that the subject descriptions are limited. But would you rather leave out certain points about yourself, only to to have that first meeting be a disaster? If I had one leg or one arm, I'm pretty sure I would include that in my profile. If I were an octopus. Would I be looking for a one legged partner to enter an ass kicking contest?
I don't mind a few extra pounds at all. Unless you are a tri-athlete, we will always carry a few extra pounds. Twenty and thirty pounds over still looks good to me. Some people hide it better than others.
If you are a hundred pounds overweight, please just say so. That's all I'm trying to say. You will attract those people who like your body type. If you are that much overweight, man or woman, you owe it to yourself and the people you are trying to attract, the courtesy of putting it in your profile. I like the expression, lead by example. I used to be forty pounds overweight. I didn't like it, so I did something about it. Besides our hereditary genes, obesity hugely affects how long we will live. Thank you for the criticism on my forum.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 1964
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 8:04:05 AM
If I had one leg or one arm, I'm pretty sure I would include that in my profile.

wow, i think you're making a really big assumption here without actually knowing what it would be like to not have all of your limbs, to be living in a body like that.

are you kidding me? if a person has only one arm or one leg, you think they'd include that in their profile? my gosh, i think that not only would they not include that, but that it would take them a long time to even be able to admit this to someone they are getting to know.

WHO is going to respond to a person, in THIS context, that is missing a body part?

my god, look at the shallowness of people, even about something as small as 20 extra pounds! people, in online personals, treat other people in online personals as 'products', they are 'shopping' for the perfect playmate -- and you think somebody missing a finger or a hand or a leg or an arm is going to put that in their PROFILE?

WOW, that is a really huge expectation and i think betrays the typical kind of insensitivity and crassness we so often see from people in online personals...

it's like "oh you're imperfect in some way -- well you better bear it all or else, we're going to accuse you of dishonesty and wave you off!"

how positively grotesque.

until you are missing a body part yourself? don't decide what people who actually live that way and actually lived through the trauma that disfigured them ought to say in their bloody godforsaken wildly unimportant POF profiles. thank you very much!

get some perspective for heavens sake!
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 1965
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 8:15:59 AM
Is it about time to put down the rifle and let this go? The same people continue to defende the entire fat population.

I am fatter than any of you and this doesn't bother me AT ALL.

I am short. I am white. I am old. I am ugly. I have brown hair. I have brown eyes. I am fat.

It is just one more thing that describes me, like short and old. Why do people get militant when people call them fat WHEN IT IS TRUE?????

The world needs to get off the politically correct horse and get on with their collective lives.

Why isn't skinny considered a negative term?
 Fifi47
Msg: 1966
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 10:12:28 AM
because society thinks that skinny is acceptable/beautiful and shows a sense of control and perfection I suppose.
 jessmae
Msg: 1967
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 10:55:18 AM
420 is slang for pot because there are 420 different chemicals in it.
 Spiritualist
Msg: 1968
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 10:57:50 AM
I have had this happen to me a bunch of times when meeting people in person, they say they are average and you show up and they are 400 pounds, now I have nothing against over weight people but liars, I lothe, I can't figure out if these people are just not honest with themselves or if they think that the entire country is 250 pounds overwieght and they are average or they figure that I'll get to like them through talking online and on the phone and I won't mind that they have a 15 year old picture up on their site and they neglected to tell me thats not what they look like now, to me it is plain ole lying to me.
If you are comfortable with who you are then show it to the world don't play games with people on these sites and then pretend it's their fault if they can't accept you, I can get passed just about anything but lying.
 drg1301
Msg: 1969
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:01:04 AM

have had this happen to me a bunch of times when meeting people in person, they say they are average and you show up and they are 400 pounds, now I have nothing against over weight people but liars, I lothe, I can't figure out if these people are just not honest with themselves or if they think that the entire country is 250 pounds overwieght and they are average or they figure that I'll get to like them through talking online and on the phone and I won't mind that they have a 15 year old picture up on their site and they neglected to tell me thats not what they look like now, to me it is plain ole lying to me.
If you are comfortable with who you are then show it to the world don't play games with people on these sites and then pretend it's their fault if they can't accept you, I can get passed just about anything but lying.

What more needs said.
BTW spirtiualist it sounds like we might have met the same person. LOL
 Spiritualist
Msg: 1970
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:01:43 AM
420 is slang for pot because the universal time for pot smokers to show solidarity and light up everyday is 4:20pm, pot is a natural plant and only THC gets you high not 420 chemicals, by the way I quit smoking the stuff 20 years ago but the 4:20 thing has been round at least that long
 *snoogins*
Msg: 1971
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:02:43 AM
EastSideEddie,I will continue to stand up for the rights of overwieght people for as long as I live,whether I am myself fat or skinny.And Fifi is right,the word 'skinny' is not seen as a negative term,because being thin is what we are supposed to want.Now,for myself,I am in the process of losing weight(19 pounds gone so far!)but I don;t intend to become bone-thin. I plan to lose about 30 more pounds,get myself down to 150,which,at my height,and bone structure,is quite healthy.I will always be a little chubby,that's the way it has always been,which is fine with me.
I know it seems infathomable,but skinny is not always the plateau all of us seek.
As for what 'society' thinks,who really gives a fart in a high wind?It takes many kinds to keep this world of ours spinning.
452, the term '420' is a pothead thing,it's the time of day you should be sparking up a doobie!( I prefer to spark 'em up allllllll day long lol)Then on April 20th(4/20) there is usually a rally at the Legislature where all of the pro-marijuana people sit on the grounds and get high!(I am so trying to get the time of work so I can go this year!)See,you can come to POF for date,or a little knowledge lol.
One last thing,EastSideEddie,no need to be so negative about your appearance!You are not ugly,it takes all kinds,as I said,to keep this ball of mud turning.Hell,my mug ain't much to look at,and since I updated my full length shot,I am actually getting a lot of messages!The moral of the story?Keep on pluggin...... Shout out to mah girl Merf,*hugs* to you baby!
 molly__blooming
Msg: 1972
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:13:04 AM
that's right, fifi.

and snoogs, i think your new pic is great, lookin good, sis... and thanks for the shout out -- i am just so darn tired of crass, insensitive, shallow people, really and truly... blah.

anyway be well!!!!
 dpd22
Msg: 1973
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:16:31 AM
Why do some people get offended when a man states he isn't attracted to obese women? Everyone has their own tastes. Some people are attracted to thin women, average women, women with big breasts, women that are slighty overweight etc. Personally I could be attracted to a tall slender brunette, or a short blonde with large breasts. Some obese people might be very nice people. I would hang out with them as friends, but not date them.
 Woodstar
Msg: 1974
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:24:16 AM
Hey!
Somebody hurt Clive's feelings I LOVED looking at Clive.

Oh well.

At the risk of offending anyone or starting another attack by silly men and their counterparts, I do know this.

Any disorder that affects our weight is not a pleasant experience. I know men and women who are desparately underweight and ill because of it.

I know of one particular woman who works in the heart of the "big town all us hillbilly's go to fer reel shoppin".
She has a lovely face and is very young. ..however, she looks like she may weigh 90 lbs. and is around 5'6". She does not look happy when she goes out to smoke a cig and has guys cat calling and rubber necking and, well...it just gets worse.

I don't care what end of the "spectrum" we may be on. Rude behavior by testestrone poisioned males of any age is not appreciated.

And just incase that may be considered off topic....genetics, early conditioning by parents, the job you are doing, the relationship you are in (or left), misinformation given by well meaning friends and doctors, medications, debilitating diseases, all affect some peoples weight in a plus or minus way. Anyone who says its just the way a person eats and/or exercises has not been there. Anyone who attacks someone for their weight, be they "skinny" or "a fatty" has issues of their own. Anyone who hides behind a computer screen and pretends to be something they are not...needs counseling and/or a life.

srg

PS....could Our Beloved Big Fishy consider making another choice on the body type description. I have suggested "srg" for women like me. What about "swb" for skinny white boys? my bad.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 1975
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/18/2007 11:27:22 AM
dangerous, who on this thread has said they were offended that a guy isn't into heavy women? NO ONE but no one has said that... not that i recall. where do you guys get this stuff from? i surely do not know...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)