Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VoluptuousinRI
Msg: 2026
A Few Extra PoundsPage 82 of 82    (42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82)
Calanne7878-I wasn't referring to you or your profile-
You made the comment about a size 18 women not having the face of a size 10 and while most times that is true-not always. I simply was commenting about MY face and MY profile disclosures
 *snoogins*
Msg: 2027
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 8:34:43 AM
The men that can't look past the picture,it's best they move on; it'd be a disaster waiting to happen anyway.What terrieivon said about the guys that get offended by heavy women,though,that really caught my eye,because I have seen friends get emails that are just a stream of insults about thier wieght,topping it off by saying why are they even bothering being on this site ,no one will want them etc.How bloody rude is THAT?Like heavy/unattractive people have no right to try to date?That kinda crawls up my a$$,to say the least.Has anyone else here ever been victim to that kind of email?I was blown away when I read the one my friend got...
 dawn1114
Msg: 2028
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 8:52:04 AM

Like heavy/unattractive people have no right to try to date?That kinda crawls up my a$$,to say the least.Has anyone else here ever been victim to that kind of email?I was blown away when I read the one my friend got...

Not exactly like that, but I did get one once from a young woman who told me my photos were pathetic for someone my age. She also said she was disgusted that "old" people are on a dating site along with younger ones (we should get our own, apparently) and how horrible old men keep writing her. I wrote back and told her about the email-filter function.

That was a bit weird.
 *snoogins*
Msg: 2029
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 8:57:28 AM
Your kidding,Dawn!Ugh,rude rude rude....I have seen your pics and think they are great,not inappropriate in the least!I wish more people would practice tolerance,or at the very least just mind thier own business.
 Just Carol
Msg: 2030
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 9:16:39 AM
In response to dj0660....we can just agree to disagree about the thread to this post. Please don't take this as a personal attack. But I will go further to say that unfortunately there are many, many women and even some guys who do not have a solid self esteem foundation about their bodies and their looks. Those of you who are so phobic about a person's weight can do long term damage to people and you have absolutely no right to do so. No one died and put you at the head of the food chain (pun intended), nor did they make you the hallway monitors for body types. From looking at your profiles of those of you who are the most adamant....have to clue you in...you're not in the "adodnis" group yourselves. I would be willing to bet my last $10,ooo that the ones of you ****ing on this thread about women's weight are average/thin simply as a result of genetics. You did absolutely nothing to obtain the body that you so preen about! Why not become the next era of nazis...this time annihilate anyone who is larger than a size 10.....grow up, get a life, have a little substance. If nothing else...GET OVER IT....if you actually find yourself in a situation with a woman who does not look as you thought she would from her photo, or her idea of body type is not yours....either enjoy that person's company for the evening or excuse yourself indicating that you are a fat phobic....that it has nothing to do with her, but is your issue. As far as your "group" is concerned....PLEASE BY-PASS MY PROFILE...I have absolutely no interest in getting to know any of you on any level. Last but not least is the "karma" issue....hope you believe in it...if you don't you should. The layman's version of these rules kinda goes like this....when you set out to intentionally hurt someone that has done nothing to you....you cannot run fast enough or far enough for those little karma bugs to jump all over you...last count you got paid back 10 times more than the damage that you created.
 promisez
Msg: 2031
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 11:00:16 AM
I think that it is time for me to retire myself from this thread

I'd would like to see you stick around young lady, I enjoy reading you.
And yes, Karma will occur, no doubt about it.
 promisez
Msg: 2032
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 11:07:54 AM
snoogins...YES. Life on lifes terms practicing those long lost arts of patience, tolerance and acceptance of others on a daily basis. Thats my attempt daily to attain a serenity level as high as possible. It also allows me to realize that yes, some people are just totally misinformed about certain subjects and lack any ability to accept any other realities except their own. I can either just accept them as they are or learn what I don't want to be like. Either way I get something from them and never a resentment, they've helped me to grow without realizing it. Well, there is always room for growth too :)
Thank you so much for your posts young lady.
 diehrd9
Msg: 2033
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 12:51:36 PM
GET OVER IT....if you actually find yourself in a situation with a woman who does not look as you thought she would from her photo, or her idea of body type is not yours....either enjoy that person's company for the evening or excuse yourself indicating that you are a fat phobic.

I think from reading a lot of replies that this statement is funny. The whole post is funny because at the end you talk of Karma while bashing slender people and blaming over weight on genetics LOL..And calling people Phobics ! !

It is simple , average is not pant size , average build , a few extra pounds and BBW are all terms with specific guide lines required to determine which statement applies, and apparently from my limited experience the most misused term is "Average build"

So far every one who says average is in fact heavy set , BUT so far every one who said slender was slender ! So the issue is not the perception of my or other's preference to slender it is the women who have really mis-used that term .

It is tragic almost , because it shows a lack of self esteem or a fear that others will pass you buy if you say heavyset, And although this may be true it is no more true then someone passing a profile by for it's age , location , race , or other equally generic reasons. And to suggest someone is shallow for not having a preference to 50+ extra pounds is the same as saying I am shallow for not looking at women 50+ years old .

I don't hate any one , but I do very much dislike being mislead , and from most of the posts that appear angry I can clearly see there not upset you are heavyset , they are really mad they have been deceived because it was never plainly stated that you where heavy set. Totally understandable reaction to deception ! ! ! !
 darlyngirl
Msg: 2034
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 1:12:28 PM
"So far every one who says average is in fact heavy set , BUT so far every one who said slender was slender !"

Umm actually I believe it was you I asked earlier to tell me if I was correctly using the term for myself and you told me I was- so not everyone who says 'average' is in fact heavy set. I would never call myself 'slender' - that would be a lie- but I feel there are many people who are truly 'average' and use this term appropriately...

I am angry with alot of this thread and I am no longer obese- I used to be so maybe that wrecks my perception. Put a picture recent and full-length and let each person make their own decision. Some men may think I have an okay body- others may think I fit better in the 'few extra lb' category- but if I put myself there I would lose out on the men who exclude these women from their searches- which may not be that bad- but I am also looking for a man who eats healthy and exercises regularly, and some of those men may (erroneously IMHO) believe that by eliminating the 'afew extra lb' category they are getting someone who leads a healthy lifestyle similar to their's.

Just my two cents again- and diehrd9- you seem a little angry about people getting angry...
 kanona29
Msg: 2035
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 2:42:15 PM

Not exactly like that, but I did get one once from a young woman who told me my photos were pathetic for someone my age. She also said she was disgusted that "old" people are on a dating site along with younger ones (we should get our own, apparently) and how horrible old men keep writing her. I wrote back and told her about the email-filter function.

That was a bit weird.

VERY weird. Whether she liked your pics or not, why in the world did she feel the need to send you a random message about it? I've seen several other members complain about this happening to them, as well.

People really do have alot of audacity when they get behind a computer screen.

Back to the topic at hand...

If we asked everyone here to describe what their perception of what it means to be "average", "few extra pounds", and "bbw"....we would probably get alot of different descriptions....so this could pose a part of the problem as well.

I've seen people post body shots and describe themselves as "Average", and to ME they clearly were not...which is why I rely both on facial and body shots to determine if a person is a body type I prefer.

Also, I just wanted to say that the females that have been posting on this thread lately have been VERY open and honest about their body size...which leads me to point out that people who are deceitful about their body type will continue to be deceitful no matter what we say here.

There is nothing we can do about those who are dishonest about themselves in a profile....Unfortunately, this is the chance you take when conversing with those on the internet. So, I say either take it or leave it.
 dpd22
Msg: 2036
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:03:10 PM
are average/thin simply as a result of genetics. You did absolutely nothing to obtain the body that you so preen about! Why not become the next era of nazis...this time annihilate anyone who is larger than a size 10.....grow up, get a life, have a little substance. If nothing else...GET OVER IT....

This isn't always true. There are plenty of average/thin people that exercise and eat properly. I know a woman that was a size 14-16 that is now a size 8-10 because she worked VERY HARD to lose weight, not because of "genetics" magically caused her to lose weight.

if you actually find yourself in a situation with a woman who does not look as you thought she would from her photo, or her idea of body type is not yours....either enjoy that person's company for the evening or excuse yourself indicating that you are a fat phobic

If someone isn't attracted to fat people, that doesn't necessary mean (s)he hates fat people. Some people ( not all ) here mistakenly think that. That person could have fat friends. There are people who are attracted to a certain body type, hairstyle, age group, height, race etc. If a someone is usually attracted to people with blonde hair, it doesn't mean that he or she hates people with black hair.
 Ozie
Msg: 2037
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:08:50 PM
I have had the pleasure of dating ladies with a "a few extra pounds". Wonderful ladies.
I have that on my profile too, (a few extra pounds"). In my case, a few extra pounds = 50 lbs. as refered to a height of 5"5". In my view I am really over weight, tho healthy at present. I prefer to loose that fifty lbs. and get to a healthy 150 which I have not seen in years. Most gain was because of in ability to exercise due to broken bones over the last few years. Tis my fat and I was in denial that weight is a few. Hey sort of like a false beliefe systym , as... I only had a couple of beer, of the old days. 12 bottles = a few.
Old miss used out dated soft self denial of the problem or reality.
So what is the answer? Perhaps reference scale. As 3lb. = a few and a few = 3 to 50 lbs. he he Sort of the lady that said she cycyled. Tires were never used. I felt lied to as I have mine on the road.
I want to loose more weight, because I want to love and respect my self more. Just as I no longer wish to date a lady that a few beer = a two-four. Honest with others if you are going to meet. Hey I act young tho I am 68. Do I get a lot of e/m responces to my profile. No I do not! Would I get more if I placed my age at 58? Sure I will. Honest is in the first meeting. If you wish to lie just write, don't date me. I will see the truth eventually. I wish you this. To Thy Own Self Be True. :) I now ask and clearfy with contacts. Also ask what do you meen by that! If I do not understand what you are trying to communicate. We all have a right to look after our selves and to change our minds. I we don't do that for our selves, who will???
 rygarthehun
Msg: 2038
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:23:06 PM
When you get to my age a few extra pounds is just that.
A few extra pounds.
So what.
 Just Carol
Msg: 2039
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:34:57 PM
In response to diehrd9...I actually took the time to read your profile....should have known from the fact that you have no manners that you weren't southern. You indicate that you don't even get a 'hello'....with that personality, I'm surprised that someone hasn't put you to sleep! Did notice a few things about your profile tho....as amazing as it may sound... you don't have a full body photo there...go figure. I also noticed that you are short....bet you're not even as tall as you say.....you have absolutely no personality, intelligence, or sense of humor if your profile is any indication of who you are. Every post on your profile refers to 'fat people'....but of course you are not 'fat phobic'. As far as bashing slender women...where did you come up with that one? This has nothing to do with women or men with other body types....this is totally about idiots like you who really hurt people who don't deserve it. It's a shame that they don't realize that you are just a short bully. I would bet you that a fat woman would be just about as attracted to you as you are to her! As far as I'm concerned....what your opinion of me is doesn't even make the meter move....just tired of insensitive oafs like yourself having the nerve to be indignant about anyone's body size. Look at the photos and if there is any doubt....do them a favor....pass them by!!!
 maryrachelle
Msg: 2040
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:53:33 PM
calanne diehard doesnt even deserve a response . for someone who b!tches about honesty so much havent you notices all the prefer not to say . anyway i have not been bothered by anything diehard has had to say since reading his profile and seeing how dishonest he is . really dont even bother to respond to him if he comes back with his usuall " i am laughing at you because you are fat " trust me i have been here along time .ignore him he is sooooooooooooooooooo not worth it.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 2041
view profile
History
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:56:29 PM
rygarthehun, i loved your post! and i feel exactly the same regarding the guys i meet. who cares, it's a few extra (or even a buncha extra) pounds, who cares. what i wanna know is, who is this person? and do i like him? and do i jive with him?

and dawn, oh my this is so shocking and mean and nasty:

i cannot believe that happened to you! horrible! and you know what, i think this person has severe issues and/or, she was just jealous of you. i think you are very attractive, and i think she may have just been jealous. what a horrible girl! what's wrong with people that they'd spend their time writing e-mails like that... ugh!!!!
 drg1301
Msg: 2042
A Few Extra Pounds
Posted: 3/19/2007 3:59:46 PM

who cares, it's a few extra (or even a buncha extra) pounds, who cares.

Merf I know you are being honest so please disregard.

If that few pounds is a lot more then a person has said then I care. Dishonesty is a dealbreaker.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A Few Extra Pounds (Under - Review)