Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a Truck Driver      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 25
Dating a Truck DriverPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
foot note to soft heart- pof won't let me change or update my profile and besides long term doesn't have to mean 24/7...
 daynadaze
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 3/25/2010 3:30:48 PM
Why wouldn't you have a chance at a good relationship?
 softy63
Msg: 27
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 3/25/2010 4:35:27 PM
I apologise damsbusted, you're quite right. I didn't mean to insult you.

I changed my ststus on this from Long term to not single/not looking ages ago. Are you sure you can't change it? Simply go to your profile and click Edit. I hope this helps. xxx
 navywoman
Msg: 28
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:02:20 PM
Dated truck drivers before and never worked out as they didn't stay faithful or they just decided not to be in a relationship anymore. So, I certainly wouldn't ever date another truck driver but to each his/her own. As everyone has stated that both have to be committed and handle the separation or it won't work. Good luck Op.
 Mannnishboy
Msg: 29
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 3/28/2010 4:12:25 AM
Navy woman Wrote ;

Dated truck drivers before and never worked out as they didn't stay faithful or they just decided not to be in a relationship anymore. So, I certainly wouldn't ever date another truck driver but to each his/her own. As everyone has stated that both have to be committed and handle the separation or it won't work. Good luck Op.

Darlin.. damn they are cute shorts. And you worry about truckies... tsk tsk

why don't you give me a yell on my fish profile I'd love to talk to you.
 call832
Msg: 30
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/25/2010 5:36:10 PM
I hear ya on the whole deal with being out there on the road.....but man I'm never in the same place so a lady in every town....ummmm doen't work for me. \So doobs
wait it out for that strong women that can handle what we do and the time apart.
atleast that what I'm doing
and Buddy keep er rubber side down com'on
 06mc69
Msg: 31
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/25/2010 5:50:36 PM
I was married to a truck driver for 12 years.. I enjoyed the time apart, and enjoyed the time when he was home, until the marriage fell apart naturally, but it was not due to the fact he was a truck driver. Sure, I had some insecurites, with the not knowing, but, if you love that person, you have to have fatih and trust or there is nothing.. Being a truck driver is a career choice, it does not make the man.. There are good men and dirty old men in every profession, the way I see it... So look beyond the career choice, look at the man as a whole.. If you dont think you could handle OTR driving, try and get a local job, or try to be home more often... good luck to you!
 eastwood969
Msg: 32
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/25/2010 6:43:08 PM
It really is a hard life being an over the road truck driver, but I have seen some that take their woman and their dog with them everywhere they go. It would be easier for you to get a local trucking job around the city, any city. Don't get caught up in that smoky and the bandit moonshine running though cause that just gets all the truck drivers riled up and forces the taxpayers to pay for broken toll road signs.
 06mc69
Msg: 33
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/25/2010 6:46:42 PM
I was a stay at home mom, and it would have been difficult to travel with.. But, even if I had no kids, I could not live a life on the road, not even for a few weeks. I have traveled with him before having kids with him, and I did not like what truckers have to go thru to get a shower, finding a place to potty, eat, etc... Not my cup of tea.. Boredom would have killed me too. lol
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/26/2010 1:57:03 AM
I have never dated a truck driver, but I see nothing wrong with that. At least he has a good paying job. I am currently attracted to a truck driver from POF, but I have not met him yet to know if he is attracted to me.
 brightestblue
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/26/2010 5:48:59 AM
Of course you can find love!

My fiance is a truck driver, and I was fortunate enough to be in a flexible position when we met, so I could drop everything and get in the truck with him. I love being with him all the time and seeing the country.

Look for someone with a sense of adventure who loves to travel, and isn't too high-maintenance. The shower/bathroom situation can be challenging, especially for girls! No kids is probably a given, although I've met a few ladies who drove with baby in the back.

It's probably also the surest test of compatibility. If you can enjoy each other in that small space 24/7, you can handle anything!

I see quite a few guys out here with their wives/girlfriends. Some drive team- great way to make money, but on the downside, you don't get to see each other much. I've figured out a way to make money freelancing, since I have a laptop. Helps keep me from getting bored, too.

I really enjoy the life, and the chance it gives me to bond with my man. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Good luck!
 DocElffington
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/28/2010 11:07:42 PM
If a loser like me can do it???

A young buck like yourself should have no problem.

You REALLY need to decide for yourself if you want to settle down with one woman.

Or if you're just looking for someone to fill the loneliness void.

BTW ladies.....damn good men that drive truck and the ones giving us a bad rap both co-exist out on the road. They always have and they always will.

I agree that cellphone and internet should make it easier these days, not to mention video conferencing capabilities.

the better you are at communicating with women, the easier your task will be. But it will still take time. So be patient.
 officegal_1
Msg: 37
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 7/31/2010 1:27:09 PM
Being a truck driver itself is not a dealbreaker. But if I was rarely able to see a man due to his job, then I wouldn't date him. Whether he was a truck driver or a doctor.
 cowtrucker
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 8/1/2010 12:16:17 PM
Although this question has been asked and answered many times on here, what's another go-round...?

Being a truck driver isn't one of those icky gross careers, it's a little more challenging than some, but yet rewarding than others.

Each type of driving job is different. There's the OTR guys that stay out months at a time, theres regional guys who are home every couple weeks, and then there are the local guys who are home just about every night.

Some people can change within the industry to find something that best suits themselves and their partner, while others might just as soon change partners, to find something that suits their career.

The only things I've found that are required when dating a driver, are Trust, Understanding, and patience. Communication should also be added to the list.

The trucking industry, as well as the dating game are both way different than they used to be. Best suggestion is to be up front with your schedule, and your plans, and then search from there.

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 daffie
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 8/2/2010 4:40:44 AM
hand up here...
i've dated a couple of "truckies"...
i used to love going on a long haul trip every now and again...
it was a real "eye opener" to what these remarkable people have to put up with in their daily worklife...
it was always lots of fun and a big adventure to me, seeing the countryside from "way up there"...
and yes,
the changes in communication would benefit any relationship now.

both if the men i dated were hard working, fun loving gentlemen....
who also knew how to treat a lady to a good time...

many happy memories!...
 starlalove
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Dating a Truck Driver
Posted: 9/28/2012 10:19:53 PM
yess yu do hi im starla
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Dating a Truck Driver