Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Apparently Im too hairy!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RushLuv
Msg: 176
Apparently Im too hairy!Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

i believe MOST black women do NOT shave their legs. evidently it doesn't bother the men because they do have boyfriends and husbands.

Monique (the comedian) doesn't shave her legs, and the reason why is because her husband is attracted to hairy legs on women. If some women, of all nationalities, aren't hairy to the point where the hair is immensely visible then shaving isn't necessary, unless their s/o has an appreciation for hairless legs.

Just as many of the men pointed out in this thread, how they don't like hair, or certain hair on women, I don't like certain hair on men.

For example, I'm not keen on chest and back hair. I would actually prefer men to be practically hairless, except for their private areas and I don't mind a clean shave with a nice trim.
 Buscadoro
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/1/2010 8:00:48 PM
Humm, I have never met a black women who didn't shave her legs...I also know that facial hair was a big deal with black woman, at least the one's I dated. I remember one of my gf's getting the fine hair on her upper lip threaded. She also shaved all over..I also shave my chest, pits and other areas.
 Amillio-Bello
Msg: 178
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/1/2010 8:38:26 PM
Just as many of the men pointed out in this thread, how they don't like hair, or certain hair on women

Lets be clear, I LOVE hair, absolutely love hair on a woman. But it needs to be ON THE HEAD. Now I understand women as they get older due to hormones or whatever excuse they have out there, some grow hair on their face. But it takes nothing to get rid of that hair.

I mean if a woman has as much facial hair as I do, lol that is just WRONG. As good as I look and sexy and all.... lol it just don't suit a woman to have facial hair.

umm...yes and that is why they are still single and probably always will be because they have ridiculously high standards

cough...who ever said I am single?? lol
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/1/2010 9:40:33 PM

MUCH worse than a few hairs that men (or women) miss when preening is when people (specifically men from my vantage point) lie on their profiles about their age (or anything else), brag about themselves and generally put the emphasis on very SUPERFICIAL things...

dawn1114
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/1/2010 11:24:51 PM
You know, I have absolutely no doubt that if this had been a thread started by a man rejected by a woman (after he insisted on knowing the reason) because she couldn't get over his tentacles of nose-hair, it would have been post after post of "ewww" and "trim it!" and "man up" and not a single version of "she's a jerk."

But why? Nose hair is natural, after all. We all have it. I guess everyone who called the guy in the OP's story a creep would be pleased as punch to get up close and personal with a nostril forest, eh. Yeah. Thought so.
 Amillio-Bello
Msg: 181
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/1/2010 11:35:24 PM

You know, I have absolutely no doubt that if this had been a thread started by a man rejected by a woman (after he insisted on knowing the reason) because she couldn't get over his tentacles of nose-hair, it would have been post after post of "ewww" and "trim it!" and "man up" and not a single version of "she's a jerk."

But why? Nose hair is natural, after all. We all have it. I guess everyone who called the guy in the OP's story a creep would be pleased as punch to get up close and personal with a nostril forest, eh. Yeah. Thought so.

You said it how it is yet again. You are one of the only posters I find on here who's posts I constantly seem to like and enjoy reading because there is common sense and reason to alot of them which I like.

There unquestionably is a double standard going on. I just don't get it. I mean this is totally understandable for that gentleman to have made a comment about the matter.

Thank you again Dawn for a good unbiased rational post. I wish the post above yours could have been as well articulated as yours, but hey you can't win them all.

sabre17
Msg: 182
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/1/2010 11:49:02 PM
Facial hair on a woman is bad, that shit needs to be waxed off. Same with chest or belly hair. Pubic hair actually looks good on women as long as it is well groomed and not a jungle. Arm hair is fine too. Legs should be shaved.

Also, thin transparent hairs that are all over a womans body dont look bad. Some women are super hairy in this regard and it looks fine. It is the thick dark hairs that look bad on stomach, chest, and face. Those need to be removed.
 RushLuv
Msg: 183
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/2/2010 1:07:21 AM
Lets be clear, I LOVE hair, absolutely love hair on a woman. But it needs to be ON THE HEAD.

Uhm...when I stated that some men don't like certain hair on women, I was obviously referring to hair on certain body parts and of course facial hair, at least if it's visible.

As good as I look and sexy and all.... lol it just don't suit a woman to have facial hair.

I think you and a woman with facial hair would make a GREAT pair.

Visible nose hair, especially when growing out of the nostrils, is gross. Frankly, if this thread was started by a man complaining about being rejected by a woman because she couldn't stomach his apparent visible nose hair, I wouldn't attack the woman for being turned off.
 dave878
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/2/2010 1:34:31 AM

I'm thinking of growing mine into a kind of "now you see it, now you don't" moustache that can be raised or lowered depending on the occasion. I figure it'd be rather stylish: does anyone have experience of such an accessory?
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 185
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/2/2010 4:08:38 AM

I think Marilyn Monroe had a lot of peach fuzz as do a lot of blonds and some red heads.
It gave her a glow in some pictures of her face, like an "aura".

Errrr Sorry PP but Marilyn Monroe was a BLEACH blonde---any "aura" she had was simply a "soft focus" of the camera not some otherworldly thing at all!
 Amillio-Bello
Msg: 186
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/2/2010 7:08:10 AM

Visible nose hair, especially when growing out of the nostrils, is gross. Frankly, if this thread was started by a man complaining about being rejected by a woman because she couldn't stomach his apparent visible nose hair, I wouldn't attack the woman for being turned off.

Well if thats how you feel thats understandable. But as long as you can see why it is understandable for a guy to be turned off by facial hair on a woman. I wouldn't attack the women either for being turned off, just like I am not attacking this guy for being turned off by something even WORSE....that being a woman with facial hair.

Ok anyways, lets all try to leave this thread at that. I think we all used up enough space talking about a relatively silly thing like this. The OP let's remember does sound like a nice lady afterall, so let's take that into consideration, and let this thread be. I mean we are not against the OP here, just facial hair on women in general, thats it, thats all!!

Helen0426
Msg: 187
Apparently I'm too hairy!
Posted: 4/2/2010 7:30:55 AM

And how different do you think it'd be if she'd complained that he rejected her because of tentacles of nose hair?

Visible nose hair is revolting no matter whose it is. It wasn't the subject.

I did say that I couldn't imagine going on a date without first ensuring that nothing of the sort was on my face, but also thought the guy was very weird in asking about her armpits and remarking on her eyebrows (which in my opinion are over-groomed, if anything). I'm also very surprised at the number of responses indicating that visible chin hair on a woman is no big deal - it is. Never mind a date, I won't even go to the grocery store without making sure I don't have one. But that doesn't mean the guy wasn't a clod as well. One does not negate the other.
 edencapwell
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 7:40:33 AM
actually i've seen quite a few black women who don't shave their legs either at work or in public. i guess it depends on the individual and her preference.
 clambroth
Msg: 189
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/2/2010 2:59:08 PM
Women always consider it unromantic when the guy kisses her with his eyes open. I suppose to be graphic about it kissing with ones eyes open allows one to see all sorts of microscopic details about the face, nose and ears. Kind of makes a person reticent about cuddling with the lights on doesn't it?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 190
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/3/2010 7:50:27 AM

(clambroth) Women always consider it unromantic when the guy kisses her with his eyes open.

Well, how would SHE know he has his eyes open, unless SHE has her eyes open?

Sheesh...

Jack
 cdnfinanceman
Msg: 191
Posted: 4/3/2010 7:55:47 AM

actually i've seen quite a few black women who don't shave their legs either at work or in public. i guess it depends on the individual and her preference msg 227.
and there are lot of hillbilly women that dont shave their legs either, whats your point? unless its a New Jersey thing, every black woman I know shaves their legs.
 Naganadoy
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/3/2010 8:02:11 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhh COME ON people!!!!!!

most of the threads I read are people whining that guys jsut "disappear" after a date. no reason, no explanation, just gone.

so this guy actually gives the reason why and now he gets criticized for it.

good grief.
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/3/2010 7:49:44 PM

He's obviously OCD about it. Good riddance !!

pirateheaven
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Apparenty I'm too hairy
Posted: 4/3/2010 11:03:44 PM
I think it is part of our primordial instincts that noticeable facial hair on a woman may evoke a negative response. It is a weird experience to say the least. It's almost like discovering she is part male, which is a turnoff. I never heard a man say "her chin hairs are real sexy"
 Amillio-Bello
Msg: 195
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/3/2010 11:37:02 PM
He's obviously OCD about it. Good riddance

Yeah MANIC, HE is the one with OCD. lol

Again, as I said, if this gentleman is someone who has OCD, then that means anyone who is picky or would like an attractive person to date, has OCD too. Thats what I am getting out of your comment, assuming you're reffering to same guy that has been talked about throughout this thread.
 dance1079
Msg: 196
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/4/2010 2:42:37 PM
Yes he could have been more tactful. But most people probably have some physical requirements / dealbreakers. One of his dealbreakers was facial hair.
 *Imperfection*
Msg: 197
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/4/2010 5:37:43 PM
Id be sure to set up another date. Then show up with a can of shaving cream and a razor...

Tell him he's first.

Im sure he'll be much nicer to the next girl with (what he considers) flaws.
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/7/2010 9:09:25 AM

He told me he did not like anyone touching his hair and he grew it long on top to cover losing some hair.

You should have told him that at least your hair still grows and it's just a simple matter of plucking, etc. His (male pattern) baldness will just get worse and worse. . .

Rochellye1227
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/7/2010 5:25:46 PM
Totally agree with dreamerzzz.

OP asked, guy answered honestly, and now he is a freak?
He has his preferences, we have ours. Just my 2 cents :-)
 cw35
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 4/7/2010 5:44:47 PM
I think everyone has those dumb little things that turn them off but in all fairness, if a woman has a LOT of facial hair, I can see a guy being turned off. It would be like a guy showing up with lipstick and high heels on. The thing about hair is that it can be removed or grown back if desired so I don't know if it would be some crazy deal breaker in the long run. I'm assuming the guy might have been thinking that if a woman doesn't bother to groom properly when meeting a potential partner then they probably never do. Personally, I'm weird about feet. I don't actually have a fetish or anything but ugly feet completely ruin everything for me for some reason. I'll overlook weight, height or unattractive looks but ugly feet are a deal breaker for me. A woman could be the very definition of complete beauty but if her feet were ugly I could NEVER stay attracted to her. I almost get physically ill if I see them on anybody. Unfortunately this isn't something you usually find out about right away. I rarely see and have never dated someone with ugly feet though, so it's never really presented a problem.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Apparently Im too hairy!