Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > HOW TO MEND A BROKEN HEART.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Profile-Writer
Msg: 24
HOW TO MEND A BROKEN HEART.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
My EX (of 24years) recently left me. What you and some of the others wrote here was very, very helpful to me.!. !. !

I printed it to read off line. I recomended it to my POF friends and they thanked me.

Sooo, beautiful young lady - - - thank you, for your helpful advice.

JeffreyRamone
Msg: 25
HOW TO MEND A BROKEN HEART.
Posted: 4/15/2010 10:32:33 PM
Fear not Lil Meggie, some of us were able to grasp the concept of your post and though it to be well informed and as stated previously, with good intentions.

What I don't understand is how someone can make a blanket statement about how you musn't know anything about having a broken heart because you're twenty-fricken'-four. I love how someone who has never met you, never walked a mile in your shoes, seen things through your eyes, and make such a statement.

Gee, well, if that's the case, I have good news for you. You've never had a broken heart! Congrats! That pain you might have been feeling, well, turns out it wasn't anything, it was just in your head. Imaginary. Because nobody under 30 is apparently able to have their heart broken.... in fact, I don't even think you're allowed to have a heart until you're AARP eligible.

Jeeze, just take the post as-is.

Being in a small town wouldn't make it impossible to get over a mental barrier, but I can see how it might make it more difficult. I don't live in a small town, and when I was going through some tough times, a doctor I was seeing actually suggested to me I move to a po dunk town in the mid west where nobody knows who I am, and set up shop where all the boys were the same. Like I'd have some sort of novelty appeal because I was foreign to the area.

No way did I take that advice! -Jeffrey
 lldivall
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 5:11:41 PM
Message 14..I think thats an excellent idea there are plenty of support groups for various things,but I have never heard of a support group for how to mend a broken heart...brilliant idea..I would definitly join. .
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:08:06 PM
That's right OP remind us to make our experiences BETTER not BITTER
 dysfunction_junction
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/19/2010 4:58:57 AM
lil meggie, kudos to you for finding your own way through the dark. you have experienced the inevitable benefits of some genuinely honest self-analysis, which at some point leads to being able to separate yourself from your own emotional landscape, which leaves you free to have that "a ha" moment.

if more folks took it upon themselves to do what you just did, there would be a whole lot less confused people out there.
:THUMBS UP:

vvv strip away all the language about feelings in her OP and just read it for process. she explains it clearly.
 notricksters
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/20/2010 4:16:53 PM
All of you are so young! You have to get over it and move on. My age? 64 yrs. young. Met a great man on this site, messaged back & forth for a month sometimes 2-3-x a day, then we met. He was everything a woman would want, his personality, wit, humor, likes and dislikes all were similar - even how we grew up......however he were on opposite ends of the status ladder - but we still hit it off. But I had a "gut" feeling he was lying about being divorced, and would never divulge his address...warning signs girls. I took it upon myself to do some research, and yes found out he was still married and living under the same roof with her. Sure it broke my heart - but I will not be someones mistress, nor would I ever get in the middle of a marriage.

Those two people need counseling and try to put their marriage back together. Jeez we're not 29 yr. old!!! I'll never forget him, he showed me life was worth living again and I will find love again.

Okay guys - don not laugh at this old bird! I could outwork you any day! But gals be careful, do your homework . Same goes for you guys!
 LACali
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/21/2010 7:20:34 AM
You're right OP, that and a lot of vodka...
 LostChord
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2010 1:39:46 PM
Well, I'll admit that I still hurt from every woman who broke my heart. And there have been a few. I've learned from each experience. My current approach is to be grateful for the opportunity to have had the wonderful experiences and bonds that I have had. To forgive both them and myself for the insensitive or cruel things that happened. And to open my heart to the opportunity that I might have a true and real relationship. I've gone through long periods of feeling hurt, resentful, and angry. There have been times when I've told myself and others that "all women are...". This approach has not helped, but, rather, it made me inaccessible and bitter.

I've been blessed with meeting some kind and caring people in my lifetime. I don't think you ever get over the loss of a true bond. But the hurt does fade with time.
 WigglingFish
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/23/2010 2:12:17 AM
Great posts OP! We are worth it :) ,

You just have to live each day as it comes, smile at little things in life and try to think that the hurt will pass and you will be happy again. No one promised us that life and love was going to be easy, I guess if it was we wouldn't know the value of it once we get love. Its hard but giving up shouldn't be an option, the sun rises and night comes and we got to try to live our lives to be best of our ability because its not for ever and life is short enough as it is. Just remember that for the love you have lost you have still love in your life, be it from your parents, children and friends. If you think you don't have anyone to love or they love you then do a voluntary work, help someone in need, help an elderly crossing the road I promise you will feel better doing this and you realize you still worth it and there is hope for all of us.
 Strong Women Of God
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/23/2010 12:10:43 PM
Great post op.I am going through that now.
 Naganadoy
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2010 9:43:27 AM
OP:

You got it sistah!!!

ever heard anyone say "stop wallowing around in your misery"? well.....

ya just gotta STOP wallowing around in it!!!

acknowledge it--analyze it once---be OBJECTIVE about it---DO NOT idealize it or become a martyr---simply acknowledge it.

whoopdie doo.
its part of life!!! its happened billions of times on t his planet and it will happen billions more times.... now it is jsut a page of your life. .... turn the page and ...

move on.
 Nice and Edgy
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/25/2010 4:05:35 PM
Had my heart broken recently and despite the awful pain, I learned some valuable lessons from it. Dating and finding a suitable mate has a huge learning curve... it does for me anyway. So in a way I am glad I have experienced heartbreak as I has tough me a valuable lesson and made be a better man.
 DelrayDesign
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/28/2010 4:45:17 PM
What a beautiful way of sharing!!!

You have placed yourself in a great position to Move On and Move Up and always remember YOU deserve the best!

I wish you the BEST!!!
 LiL Meggie
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/29/2010 8:00:51 AM
I think its great how so many people are getting something out of this.

Just remember a positive attitude and smiling always make a difference. Dont let a broken heart take away your positive attitude, continue being positive and it will make a difference, believe me i have learned this.

Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes when we fall down and get hurt, its for a reason, its to teach us something, and all you gotta do is get back up, and keep going, and remain positive.
 Badgurlstussy
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2011 2:51:31 AM
Hey i read ya post i relate alot to wat your saying i think your right im suffering alot of depression through unworthy relationships nd i have 2 kids that through all this are now getting taken from me from child saftey nd this in turn has made my depression worse my 2yr old boi iz in foster care now nd they wana take my 8 yr old girl aswell so if u have any advice on this could u swing me some im currently seeking leagal aid but i dont kno wat my chancez are i dont kno how it all got to this point and i got no idea how to get out of it if u can help me wit some advice it would be good therez nothing better then talkin 2 someone else that 2 has had a broken heart nd sufferz depression thanku...xx
 Island home
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2011 9:22:20 AM
i dont kno how it all got to this point and i got no idea how to get out of it if u can help me wit some advice it would be good therez nothing better then talkin 2 someone else that 2 has had a broken heart nd sufferz depression thanku...xx

You got to where you are by the cards you were dealt and the choices you made.
Examine your past to see how your choices have served you, and use that info to help form your future choices to help you achieve a life that is fulfilling for yourself and those around you. Especially your children.

What is better than talking to people that are in your same position is talking to people who have gotten out of similar positions as well as talking to those that have avoided getting into the same position.

i have 2 kids that through all this are now getting taken from me from child saftey nd this in turn has made my depression worse my 2yr old boi iz in foster care now nd they wana take my 8 yr old girl aswell so if u have any advice on this could u swing me some im currently seeking leagal aid but i dont kno wat my chancez are

To increase your chances of a good outcome you will have to realise that the reason the kids are being considered to be taken from you is that you haven't been acting in their best interest. Love is never enough on its own, it has to be directed effectively.
I would advise you to listen carefully to what legal aid has to say and for you to ask what courses are available to you to improve your parenting skills. Those same skills will help you parent yourself out of this mess.
Or
Put another way start kissing your own arz and stop them bad boys kicking it.
I'm sure your kids would appreciate that as well as yourself

Your profile seems to me to embrace the idea of getting wasted, I'd suggest thinking on what getting wasted means. Its one thing to waste ourselves another to waste an innocent child's potential.

Kids are not your crutch you are theirs, make yourself worthy of that role and get them walking on their own.

Good luck you can do it if you set your mind to it, work with the authorities to gain those skills and continue your own growth.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > HOW TO MEND A BROKEN HEART.