Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She's a gold-digger...would you tell him?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 123
She's a gold-digger...would you tell him?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Connecting with someone who, without means, you couldn't, is called a relationship. You could say it is love, but sometimes not. It's still an opportunity in either direction. A gold-digger/gigolo has only one incentive. It is to benefit them, even at your expense, in the shortest period of time. This woman could be looking for a better life. If she can find it, and you will provide it, and you're both happy, then there is no problem. She's not yet a gold-digger. A gold-digger/gigolo looks out only for themselves, and are willing to take everything you have, and then some. You should have a back-up plan if you should ever meet someone like this.
 Blk_Archangel7
Msg: 124
She's a gold-digger...would you tell him?
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:43:06 PM
Let him figure it out for himself. I rather him find out for himself rather than stick my nose in other people's business where it doesn't belong and start shit, that same shit will come returning flying back in your face.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/3/2010 6:56:05 PM
that same shit will come returning flying back in your face.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then let it fly. I will let you see things you have never seen before.
 Blk_Archangel7
Msg: 126
Posted: 5/3/2010 8:37:20 PM
thanks 4 the offer but I'd rather pass on this one.
 Lukeios
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2010 9:39:17 PM
Tell him, because guys can be straight with each other... and the alternative is he goes directly to doom like you said, and looks to you for help when it's practically too late.

That said, have you ever met a guy who talked another guy out of a happy relationship? Even if said happiness has the resilience of a soap bubble's surface tension, you will be met with either denial, aggression or 'reasoning' behavior. Just a friendly warning...
 longhairbadass
Msg: 128
Posted: 5/4/2010 4:29:34 PM
I'd stay out of it. Personal business.
 MiamiDreams
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/21/2010 7:43:40 AM
I want to know how this sordid tale turned out!
 KissMyKarma
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/21/2010 8:19:45 AM
The rumors you're hearing are other people's OPINION.

I understand you have a concern. That's nice. It is. I like it when people are concerned for me too.
But you have to let people make their own decisions.
How do you know, for sure, that what you've heard is really her? Maybe it's other peoples projections.
Maybe the comment about "hitting the jack pot" was in reference to she found a handsome man, with a viable income, whom she loves. All three? Hmm. Not so bad if you ask me.
And I just have to ask - if he was butt ugly and had a viable income and she loved him - I'd bet you all would still say she's a gold digger.
But if he was handsome as all get out and didn't have a viable income and she loved him - then what? Somehow thats the only acceptable "true love"?

Why is HIS money and what HE does with it any of your concern?
Warn him? No.
All you may do is plant some seed that may or may not have a reason to grow.
And you may perpetuate something in him that doubts whether anyone can love him for him! STFO - IMHO
If this is really the case, where someone's going to use him for his money -he'll figure it out all on his own.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/21/2010 5:29:43 PM
So .... The Godfather is loaded with bucks, eh...???

I wouldn't worry.
- He's got financial advisors who will protect his assets.
- Also, she must be a FAILURE as a golddigger if she has so much debt.
- Also if the story about the abortion is true, you shouldn't worry about her trying to hook him with a pregnancy, since she won't go through with it.
- Also it seems he went to this party to find a young chick with child-bearing potential, which means he WANTS the kid to inherit his estate. That's not problem.

IF this golddigger lands this guy as a husband, won't everyone be happy? I mean, she gets what she wants, he gets what he wants, and you still don't have to be involved....

....or will you throw a tantrum when you're invited over for tea and she uses the fine china and sterling silver set?
 forums1
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2010 7:05:03 PM
yeah, I made the *BIG FSCKING MISTAKE* of mentioning to a GF that one of my ex's (who I'm still casually friends with, we *maybe* wish each other happy b'day & merry xmas and 'catch up', that's about it unless someone dies, in which case I'd talk to *anyone* who "just needed someone to talk to"...) cautioned me to "be careful she's not a gold digger". I thought it was kinda cute, the ex warning me(who's more of a friggen gold digger than that GF *ever* would have been) , which I basically told her it was *NOT* a problem I'd even consider with this woman. Sadly, I was *HONEST* about it, and told the GF, the "GF" immediately took it as an insult, despises my ex, and has *NEVER* forgotten or let go of that comment (despite the fact that in my mind, it was just the ex being concerned for me, not "trashing her" as she's taken it). Or, well, now ex-GF I guess. And here I was trying to be honest and not hide anything...

... and women wonder why men aren't always honest.... Anything said honestly that might possibly be taken the wrong way, *IS*, and is twisted totally out of proportion to what was really meant by whoever said it.
Msg: 133
Posted: 11/21/2010 7:11:29 PM
You think your friend is an idiot dont you? Wow what a friend you are.

I have a higher opinion of your friend then you do so I think that if this woman is really a gold digger then he is gonna figure it out or he will be perfectly fine with her being a gold digger so long as she is hot.
 junkyard dawg
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2010 12:53:00 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html
check this out, lol
 CynthiaSMW
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/22/2010 5:45:01 PM

I think what we are getting at is the mother is saying that her daughter basically hit the jackpot.
It doesn't mean the daughter is a gold digger just that her mother thinks her daughter should be.

The mother doesn't "think" her daughter hit the jackpot, the daughter actually did. That's a fact.
What is speculation is whether this fact came about because the daughter is just USING the man for his money, or whether she cares for him AND he's rich.
MOTIVE is the thing that distinguishes a "gold digger" from someone who got really lucky and has a companionable relationship with a rich person.

Fact: I dated a billionnaire. Hypothetical: If we'd married it would have been a fact that I hit the jackpot. That says nothing about my motive for dating him (fact: he happens to be very good looking, smart, tall, and personable?). It doesn't mean I was a gold digger. It could mean I fell in love with a man who happens to be very rich (fact: I didn't fall in love with him, nor him in love with me).
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/23/2010 1:24:17 PM

You don't know anything..
No.

Maybe he likes to do the "diaper thing"..and she puts up with it.
Should she tell?
No

Who cares? None Ya...........

The more he's got - the more they like it! This is how women with no careers get what they want in life. These are just the facts of life. Your friends story isn't ground breaking news.

If that's all you run into sorry for ya..
New pic /name/profile ........Same old crap out of your mouth..

Someone get the axle grease.Pulease.
 blake30615
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/23/2010 1:43:28 PM
F*** that tell him. If he was a regular middle class guy she would not be with him. What does that say for her. I bring nothing to the table but my looks. Few years down the line he will get divorced and she will try to rape him. I got more respect for a person who robs a bank not a snake in the grass like these type of woman.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/23/2010 2:57:06 PM

If he was a regular middle class guy she would not be with him.

Did you read the original post?

It's all rumor.

Most women just want a great guy..I pity you guys that think that way..but
its really funny IMO that guys with financial struggles scream the loudest about gold- diggers.

Men with MONEY don't.
Men with money didn't get money by being STEW PIT.
They also so know a bargain when they see one and about contracts

sweetness-one
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2010 3:02:59 PM
Hmm...welp, in the past, I've had my brother ask me a few times about women he was thinking of dating, if he knew that I knew them or of them. Twice I recall saying "She's very nice but you probably couldn't afford her" or some such. The hint was taken by him.

So, hell yeah, I'd say something too, OP, if it was a good friend of mine as in your case.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/23/2010 3:28:18 PM
OP, I know you posted that it wasn't you that actually told your friend about this girl.
But you still did after he came back to you to tell you what his other friends had told him and that's when he dumped the girl.

Just because you personally heard this girl's mother say "our money problems are over" doees't mean the mother was referring to your friend.

I stick by my earlier posts. You OP and your friends friends should have kept your traps shut because you didn't have all the facts and it wasn't your business to begin with. All you had was idle gossip and rumors. You are right about one thing though, your "story" is why it sucks to be in a small town.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2010 3:40:44 PM

All you had was idle gossip and rumors. You are right about one thing though, your "story" is why it sucks to be in a small town.

And yet, often..."a rumour's not a rumour that doesn't die".

I'm just saying.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2010 4:59:40 PM
Let me get this straight, you state, "My friend is single, early thirties, quite rich, very handsome. And, all these facts are well known to the families in that party", correct? So, a good looking, financially secure guy has no idea about women and is, "easy prey"? This doesn't exactly add up, I mean if the guy is handsome and wealthy, unless he has been living in a closet, I'm sure he knows about women. I'm not buying it..,.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She's a gold-digger...would you tell him?