Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arwen52
Msg: 26
view profile
History
If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I qualify for Italian citizenship and would like to apply for it. I have family and friends there and sometimes think of living there.
 Not The Cable Guy
Msg: 27
view profile
History
If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?
Posted: 5/8/2010 2:22:45 AM
I fail to understand why we succumb to restrictions imposed upon us by antiquated borders and laws... And flags...

Political boundaries aside, (arbitrary lines drawn on maps), you are all citizens of the planet, and should be entitled to free-range without interference...

Technically and legally, I'm both Brazilian and American...

The passport I display is based solely upon the nature and intent of the inquirer...

Who gives a shit?... Tomorrow I might go insane, and decide to become French...
 rustytraveler
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2010 3:22:57 AM
Arwin
I qualify for Italian citizenship and would like to apply for it. I have family and friends there and sometimes think of living there.

It's a long process, start now! It took me 2 intense years.

Go to your nearest Italian Embassy and they'll have a packet, another good source online with lots of bureaucratic and practical information is: expatsinitaly.com
 kissmyfax
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/10/2010 2:02:21 PM
well i would pick either Canadian and American

or (just to be weird)

Australian and Dutch (The Netherlands)

Realistically option #1 would make more sense. I mean the currency is pretty much the same, you can drive to the other country as much as you want, no need to learn a new language.

on the other hand Australia just seems like a cool place to live, nice weather, tons of beaches, i could live in the middle of nowhere if i wanted and the real estate and job market looks pretty stable.

I have always wanted to move to the Netherlands they have so much to offer, you can hop on a train and travel through Europe quite easily, low per capita crime rates, good healthcare and friendly people. Besides, I come from a long line of Dutchies and I know it would make my grandparents proud if I moved back to the homeland and put all those years of Dutch language lessons to use
 susan_cd
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/11/2010 10:26:21 AM

Tomorrow I might go insane, and decide to become French...

No one DECIDES to become French, it's a genetic disorder.

( btw I'm part French )
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/20/2011 8:00:06 AM
Tomorrow I might go insane, and decide to become French...

No one DECIDES to become French, it's a genetic disorder.

( btw I'm part French
Ha, ha....France would be my first choice for a second citizenship. Guess I am already insane...and, being part French, it must be genetic too.... I always feel very comfortable in France, especially in the South and would love to live there forever!!
 dbok635
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:43:57 PM
I was born in Hawaii so I guess that qualifies me for US and Kenyan citizenship..Right?
 trinity818
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:48:46 PM
Thats actually a great question. I believe I would pick the US (because I am, and in spite of everything...I'm still a patriot), and probably Australia (because I may want to be... based on what I know).
 platofish
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 6:05:18 PM
Since I'm already Canadian, and have EU citizenship by birth, I would pick US citizenship, because it is close to where I am living now, and an awesome country.

I'd be glad to trade my Dutch citizenship for a Green Card. Holland is far too crowded. People are crammed together shoulder-to-shoulder, complaining constantly about the noise and lack of living space.

Drug addicts and perverts are "tolerated", but for everything else you must have the government's permission. Or a total stranger will criticize you for your "anti-social" behaviour. No thanks!

North Americans don't know how good we have it :)
 Akizzej
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:42:46 PM
Okay, for me being first born Aussie in my 'English' family I'd go for duality on English/Aussie. {Heck, we're loved over there in Pommy land }

Then:
My son is an unrecognised dual citizen of USA and Australia... Just trying to get that legally organised for better opportunities for him in his future. But then if I got my English, and he had his USA, and we're both Aussie... he could have triple citizenship {if he pulled the English side from me}... does that even occur????

FWIW, I'd also toy with dual Aussie/Canadian blend because Canada is very similar to where I live now,{from what I hear} 'cool' most of the time.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > If you could get duel citizenship...where and why?