Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Gender Wars - who is the more analytical, Men or Women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 x_file
Msg: 26
Gender Wars - who is the more analytical, Men or Women? Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Birth is the First Logic.

You just embarrassed your gender even further.

In between men shine in logic and fail in understanding and right action.

Men shine in logic, but fail in understanding? Don't you need understading to "shine in logic"?

And "right action"? LOL! My guess is that you were high (meds or drugs) when you wrote your post.... so much for "right action".
 Praetorian55
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Gender Wars - who is the more analytical, Men or Women?
Posted: 6/4/2010 5:15:00 PM
Had an interesting conversation with a gentleman that worked at a car dealer about a book he's writing about relationships and loosely around Christianity.

Some of the themes of the book will center around how both genders perceive "love" and react to their environment. He had a lot of good things to say. While I think men or more methodical in their thinking and likely employ linear thinking in as logical manner as they can muster I don't think this automatically makes women illogical. Men me
ay be at their most illogical when interacting with women which would thus alter his perception in the eyes of the woman he interacts with.
 60to70
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/6/2010 7:59:15 PM
Men can analyze for sure. No problem there.
Women in general have no patience for determined logic.
Men created determined logic...women are required to do...
more than think. Men are always catching up to women...
despite all the logic, science and whatever they choose
to put up as the defense for their lack of patience. Men such as
physicists have placed a time on the age of the Universe and a percentage
of the matter therein. But! That wasn't enough. Now they are
going to explain why all of this happened. Ha. Ha. Such hubris.
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/7/2010 12:51:01 AM
The reason why I put this in the science section is not because I wish to start a Gender Battle

Yet your thread has in it's title "Gender Wars..."
Sit on that and analyse it lol.
 FavouriteDreamsOfYou
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2010 7:25:46 PM
^^ Yes that title and declaration were the first things I analysed lol.

I'm a woman but not overly-emotional and neither are my female friends. I leave emotion out of a decision, unless of course the decision calls for it.

I see men as *generally* more able to concentrate on small details and women more able to see the larger picture.

Men are generally able to concentrate on one small detail at a time, and close the outside world off - which women need to learn to do.

Women are generally able to see the bigger picture, from different points of view, which men need to learn to do.

The above points are sweeping generalisations.

Both men and women are good at analysing. They're just often analysing different things, in different ways.
 x_file
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/7/2010 9:45:08 PM

Women in general have no patience for determined logic.

Can you give an example of determined logic?

I assuming you are contrasting determined logic with "undetermined logic" in which case I wonder what is "undetermined logic"?

I've studied logic and I don't recall reading about "determined logic". There is deductive logic, inductive logic (induction), fuzzy logic, and syllogism, but I haven't heard of "determined logic" or "undetermined logic".

Men created determined logic...women are required to do... more than think.

You have to tell me what drugs/meds you are taking! Your stuff must be real good.

Men are always catching up to women... despite all the logic, science and whatever they choose to put up as the defense for their lack of patience.

Seriously, what are you on?

Enormous among of patience is required to learn logic, or physics, mathematics, chemistry, engineering, history and more so philosophy, medicine, and politics.

Men such as physicists have placed a time on the age of the Universe and a percentage of the matter therein. But! That wasn't enough. Now they are going to explain why all of this happened. Ha. Ha. Such hubris.

Oh, those hubris men! Those arrogant lowlifes! Those 170+ IQ dumb-asses. Those damn ***holes who refuse to dwell in ignorance. Shame on them for being curious and wanting to know.
 .dej
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2010 10:22:46 PM
I'm not sure what determined logic is, but men didn't create it. Men may in a lot of cases be better at objectively thinking logically, but they certainly did not create it any more than they created math. No, math was not created, it has merely been expressed. Men just think differently than women do. Women have some remarkable advantages over men that never cease to amaze me, and vice versa. Logical reasoning comes a little more naturally to men for whatever reason.

60to70 is clearly perpetually drunk on the internet, and I'm not sure what to make of it.
 RATHLINLIGHTHOUSE
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 1:46:47 PM
Some women are intelligent some are not

I know of a real case where a man was found guilty of a single event of sexually harassing a woman who by her own admission was 500m away in a wood according to her statements. However the guy concerned says she was over 14km away at the time.

This is absolutely true.

She also accused him of lending him a jumper which was trained to play with whoever was wearing it disproved.

She also accused him of a long conversation involving her hair, nuns and prudery.
He could prove he was in Cauterets France alt 2000m while she admitted to being on a jet between Bilbao to Heathrow at alt 7000m and over 1000 km away. Disproved.
 Random Entry
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2010 1:31:15 AM
I think this is way too individual of an issue to generalize into these terms.

But if you're trying to answer some deep seated curiousity about this issue, OP, why not see what you can google up in relation to the Myers-Briggs Tests that label people as such. I'd be surprised if they didn't keep track of gender as well. Probably even variances for different IQ ranges, different parts of the world....etc...etc...
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Gender Wars - who is the more analytical, Men or Women?