Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men,Tools and thier obsessions. How much is too much?!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Smarts and Heart
Msg: 96
Men,Tools and thier obsessions. How much is too much?!Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Just an update, since this thread has been resurrected Lol!....I dated the gentleman for about 2 months and had to decide that although he was and is a good person, he was best as a friend. I couldn't live like he does and I'm not into trying to change anyone. That's what dating is all about, meeting and getting to know people to determine possible compatibility.

I met someone last November, from here, who's life-style is scarily compatible to my own! Lol! Our values, ideals about family, friends and work are similar, and we've been happily dating since. There's someone for everyone out there, and it's just a matter of knowing what you can live with and what you can't. Compromise shouldn't turn you or the other person inside out. :)

deere rancher
Msg: 97
Men,Tools and thier obsessions. How much is too much?!
Posted: 7/19/2011 3:41:56 PM
OP wrote..... to say his home is missing a woman's touch is a gross understatement!
this offends me ! and you KNOW why !
 cashleys
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/19/2011 9:11:50 PM
You answered your own question! obsessive, impulsive possible hoarder. Do not think you can change this.
 cashleys
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/19/2011 9:13:03 PM
Because deere rancher, you can take perfectly good care of your things without a woman. BRAVO!
 deere rancher
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/20/2011 3:29:10 AM
Cashley
as you stated I am fully capable of taking care of myself ...........
But ,the reason it offends me is ..its sexist ! ..and suggests that a women's touch is superior to that of a man
OP should have simply stated thant she felt is home was in need of a deep cleaning or something to that affect
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 101
Posted: 7/20/2011 3:41:34 AM

I recently met a man whose house is overflowing with tools! There are tool boxes in the living room, dining room, family room, kitchen, and garage! He's a great guy and capable of doing almost anything, but his home paralyzes me! It's a virtual work shop/warehouse of tools!

Sorry OP, sounds like this guy is a slob to me. Has nothing to do with a "womans touch" etc.

A kitchen is for food and cooking; a living room is for watching tv and relaxing; and a garage is for working on cars and keeping your tools there. The guy can't be that dense not to know that?

I am also a clean freak, and I would not date a guy who doesn't have the mental capacity to keep some type of organization in his home and life. I have no intention of doing it for him. Just my $0.02.
 BigGeorge29
Msg: 102
Posted: 9/4/2011 12:56:36 PM
Besides, tools can be complicated. As a weekend gear head, I can relate. There's nothing more frustrating than doing a job and not having the proper tool on hand. Do you realize how many different types of bolts and fastners there are? It's mind boggling. To toss a tool because you haven't used it later is usually a bad idea. I've done it. As soon as you get rid of the tool, that tool is the one you need. Just a man's point of view...Take it for what you will.
 Melannie1
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/12/2011 4:35:59 AM
Hi smarts and heart! It would be interesting to find out when he began collecting his tools and his collecting behaviour moved to the idea of hoarding. For example, I wonder if his collection escalated around the time when he divorced his wife 15 years ago or was it at another time when he possibly experienced some form of trauma? Melannie1..........
 Wrenchturner
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/12/2011 4:57:13 AM
Not having seen his house I cannot say how extensive the problem is but, I would agree with carolann, he sounds like a hoarder and that is a psychological disorder that usually requires an intervention of some kind to manage. All I can tell you is that if you like things one way and he is obsessed with having them another, you are going to run into conflict if you decide to co-habitat so you should probably address this problem sooner rather than later.
 lonleycdn
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:11:10 PM
Tools, tools, tools, and more tools. You can NEVER have to many tools. Thats just my opinion though. lol
P.S. Just make sure he doesnt bring his projects into the house. I did that once, it wasnt pretty. Bet you didnt know a dish washer works great to clean carb parts. Like I said, it wasnt pretty. I never did it again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men,Tools and thier obsessions. How much is too much?!