Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cutting Calories      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BBER30
Msg: 51
Cutting CaloriesPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Bunch of idiotic advice here. I use to 24% bodyfat, look at my profile, I keep at 8-10% year round!!!

1. If you are not in a calorie deficit you will not lose fat, you can either do that with diet or excercise!

2. If you diet correctly and cycle your macro nutrients such as carbohydrates your thyroid will now slow down, therefore you will not slow your metabolism down.

3. In order to maintain your leaness, you have to make small adjustments and making eating and excercising a habit.

4. If you eat clean, chances are you will eat less, and when you eat less you tend to eat less calories. You can eat clean and get fat if you consume too many calories.

5. A calorie is not just a calorie, if you are FAT you will be more carbohydrate sensitive, therefore carbs must be adjusted as insulin spikes will revert the Free Fatty Acids your body is burning back into Adipose tissue!

6. I get people lean all the time, people pay me to write them diets, do not listen to these guys playing internet heros on the computer and giving you "hear say" advice.

7. Please don't private message me asking for advice, I have given tons of free advice for people here too just be to lazy, and undisciplined to do it. Though I did have a girl here lose 45lbs in 8 weeks and to this day she is a very lean girl. I went by the screen name Scott3895 then. Search my name, my advice is gold.

8. Yes i sound****, but it's because I know what works. :)
 Ideoform
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Cutting Calories
Posted: 9/23/2010 3:20:34 PM

"I suggest you go entirely on raw food diet."

Raw food diets are great for cleansing and if you are sick with cancer or treating some lifestyle-related diseases, but I don't recommend staying on them long-term unless you really know what you are doing so you can get enough protein. Some people are fine with it, but some body types don't do well on a total raw diet for more than a few months.

Some vegetables are goiterogenic.
Eating raw cruciferous vegetables suppresses your thyroid’s hormone production, creating fatigue, coldness in your body and a slowing of your metabolism. Cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, mustard greens, radishes, rutabagas and turnips. Others are soybean-related foods, peaches, strawberries and millet.

Cabbage and its cousins in the cruciferous vegetable family are nutrient-rich, but unless you cook or ferment them, they could slow down your metabolism because the thyroid is a gland that regulates your metabolism.

The goiterogenic substances, isoflavones (found in soy foods) and isothiocyanates (found in cruciferous vegetables) appear to be heat-sensitive, and cooking appears to lower the availability of these substances. In the case of isothiocyanates in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, as much as one third of this goitrogenic substance may be deactivated when broccoli is boiled in water.

Eating moderate amounts of these foods raw is OK if your thyroid is healthy. And if you have low thyroid (have this checked if you are overweight and feeling sluggish and cold a lot of the time) try to mainly eat these foods cooked.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Cutting Calories
Posted: 9/24/2010 9:53:27 AM
I think that exercise is more important than dieting. The problem with dieting is that it does not create muscle and muscular people burn more calories than flabby ones. So off diet, gain weight. Plus body adjusts to less calories. Hence live on far too few cals, not healthy. I could not eat more than 1200 cals when youngerWas put on diet when I was 11 Lost weight, but couldn't eat normally. Then got sporty, and bigger and even years later could eat normally.
The dieting industry has alot to answer for. Dieting , unless massively over eating does not work. Exercise does. It changes ratio of muscle to body mass.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 54
Cutting Calories
Posted: 9/24/2010 10:55:59 AM
I think that exercise is more important than dieting...

If you are talking about someones weight you would be 100% incorrect.

The problem with dieting is that it does not create muscle and muscular people burn more calories than flabby ones...

Yes that is true, it makes little to no difference at the end of the day.

1lb of muscle burns ~6cals per day.
1lb of fat burns ~2cals per day

So lets say you added 5lbs of muscle and eliminated 20lbs of fat your body would burn an additional 10 calories per day.

The delta between the two is too small to make any significant difference in your bodies ability to burn extra calories.

Muscular people are that way because they have the right DNA, they eat the right foods at the right time combined with a proper diet and gym routine.

The dieting industry has alot to answer for. Dieting , unless massively over eating does not work. Exercise does. It changes ratio of muscle to body mass.

If that was true body builders would not have to worry about what they ate as all that muscle would just burn up the calories.

Who ever planted the idea in your head that anything other than...

Eat health to maintain a healthy weight.
&
Exercise to maintain a healthy body.

...has allot to answer for.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Cutting Calories
Posted: 9/25/2010 5:36:40 AM
Was wondering if you worked for Weight Watchers Frank. One of the most bizarre profiles I've ever read. I'm no diet expert.Dieting in my teens caused weight loss (size 16 to 10 too thin. Mostly a 12 normal) but I was stuck at not being able to eat over about 1200 Kcal without gaining it. My thyroid has been borderline underactive and I have borderline diabetes. I don't know if my teen dieting is responsible.But strongly suspect it.
There can be only 2 reasons why I could eat normally from about 23 onwards. A virus,was v ill,or lots of exercise,before I was ill. I'd allowed my weight to creep back up but was very into Dance.
Although I wasn't anorexic I wasv body conscious, the Dance, and feel that I f***** my body up.
Want I want to avoid now is getting into the v low Kcal trap. I'm aiming for a 14 dress size.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cutting Calories