Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > 2010/11 NFL Weekly Predictions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MGMLION
Msg: 446
2010/11 NFL Weekly PredictionsPage 19 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
The AFC is getting weaker when the NFC wins the Pro Bowl and the 6th seeded NFC Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl!!!
 colt8301
Msg: 447
2010/11 NFL Weekly Predictions
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:29:47 AM

I got Steelers by 7. The pressure will get to Rodgers mentally and physically , Big Ben and Crew has been there done that, it should be a good game.

Lol, off, 21 points off turnovers will kill you every time. They gave away 21 points, still a decent game though.
 newdejavu
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:48:36 AM
^^^always tough to get predictions right! This is one prediction I hope I'm right about: There will be football in 2011/2012.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 449
Posted: 2/7/2011 7:05:17 AM
Jerry Jones should be ashamed of himself. He tried to stuff as many people as he could into that big ego of a stadium of his and FAILED. Over 900 people were left out because of stadium issues.

The cold weather, and the city not prepared with hotel rooms and other accomadations the cowboys FAILED at a superbowl.

Instead of worrying about how much money he was gonna make, maybe Jerry should have thought about pleasing all the fans that came to his stadium to watch the game.

I guess money cant buy quality?

Another reason to hate the cowboys, not that you need one, but just adds fuel to the fire...

FAIL....
 MGMLION
Msg: 450
Posted: 2/7/2011 9:24:26 AM
Over 900 people were left out because of stadium issues.

Was just a little over 400 people. The issues were orders from the Fire Marshall.

Instead of worrying about how much money he was gonna make, maybe Jerry should have thought about pleasing all the fans that came to his stadium to watch the game.

Jerry did please them fans they all spent 900 Hundred Dollars a piece to sit way up High in the end zone. Jerry Jones refunded each one 2,700 Dollars each and let them watch the game in one of his Luxury Suites. They all made a 1,800 Dollar profit. I'm sure they were very happy with that. I would have been.
 MGMLION
Msg: 451
Posted: 2/7/2011 9:58:26 AM
^^^The 400 displaced fans with out seats also got to go out on the field after the game for the post game to get free autographs, received free merchandise, food and beverage Tripled their money on their tickets PLUS get FREE Super Bowl 46 Tickets for next year in Indianapolis.
 mrcs84
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 12:08:56 PM
Nothing like running the Option to get the extra 2 points. Go go college football.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 453
Posted: 2/7/2011 12:52:09 PM
Glad to see many here totally enjoyed the 'fixed' SB last night.

'Fix' is always subtle, otherwise, we would see many NFL hot shots in the slammers.

Fix always takes place early in the game when no one suspects.
It happened in the first quarter, Steelers momentums were cut short with apparently not-so-significant penalties, as a result Ben became desperate and threw interceptions.

This plan works like a charm.

The reason is NFL wanted to see GB winner for media.
 justnancy
Msg: 454
Posted: 2/7/2011 2:01:46 PM
I thought it was a decent game, at least it wasn't a blow out so I had to stay up until the end.

Agreed MGM NFC did it AGAIN!!!! I was glad to see Greenbay win.

I would agree the halftime show wasn't that great and not only did Christine mess up the words (WTF?) to the national anthem but she sounded more like she was screaming rather than singing. LOL, I usually get teary eyed at events when they do the Pledge or national anthem, instead Christine had me going ...HUH? SAD!!!!

So far my favorite national anthem is still by Whitney Houston at Superbowl 25 and as luck would have it the Giants won the Super bowl that year, I still get tears when I listen to her version.
 MGMLION
Msg: 455
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:27:52 PM

'Fix' is always subtle, otherwise, we would see many NFL hot shots in the slammers.

Hard to fix a game now when there are challenges. Very few of the non meaning games may be fixed by the point spread only and when the New England *CHEATROITS* are playing*. If they were going to fix the games then there would only be one coach on each sideline only. Now both teams have a kicking coach, secondary coach, special teams coach, Passing game WR / Tight end coach, running backs coach, Offense and Defense line coach, linebacker coach, Quarterbacks coach, Offense and Defense cordinator etc. I could go on and on.
 colt8301
Msg: 456
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:32:21 PM

Fix always takes place early in the game when no one suspects.
It happened in the first quarter, Steelers momentums were cut short with apparently not-so-significant penalties, as a result Ben became desperate and threw interceptions.

This plan works like a charm.

The reason is NFL wanted to see GB winner for media.

LOllll!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^
I love the "conspiracy" theories.
 MGMLION
Msg: 457
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:51:04 PM
Titans will name Mike Munchak as their new head coach today.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:55:17 PM

Mike Munchak

Who?!?!

Now that all the Head Coaching jobs are filled I guess Gruden & Cowher will sit out another year. I would have thought one of these guys would be coaching next season...Oh well!
 MGMLION
Msg: 459
Posted: 2/7/2011 8:03:19 PM
^^^Thought you may have heard of him. Drafted by the Oilers in 1982 as a Offensive linemen retired in 93 was all pro many years and made the decade team of the 1980's. Stayed on as O' line coach util getting head coach position today. He will be a Bill Cowher type coach with a Jimmy Johnson mentality. Good luck coaching the titans the whole franchise is now in a mess.
 sum1reel
Msg: 460
Posted: 2/7/2011 9:13:42 PM
Talk about fixes...i was sad to hear that Tom (the lady)brady was named the league MVP.........a fuggin ornament of a QB, studded by dazzling stats but can't win when it counts the most!....yet he was "most valuable", over somebody like Aaron Rogers, who is not only a more accurate passer, but a clutch performer......without Rodgers, i don't see GB even making the playoffs...much less winning the SB!.

Yet the NFl still wants TB as their Golden boy....i guess when they realized they coudn't get much media mileage outta Drew brees last year....they went back to ole reliable!
 broncsbuff
Msg: 461
Posted: 2/8/2011 4:09:08 AM

Jerry Jones refunded each one 2,700 Dollars each and let them watch the game in one of his Luxury Suites. They all made a 1,800 Dollar profit. I'm sure they were very happy with that. I would have been.

I know they got there money back. They didnt all go up in the luxury suites like you said. They were all left outside to watch the game in the parking lot. I know if the broncos were in the superbowl and I got tickets to the game, giving me 2700 dollars back would have kept me content, but I would rather have watched the game. Not to mention the travel, hotels, rental cars, all the trouble going down there to watch the game.

Mgm, your not gonna sit here and tell me that if the boys were in the superbowl and you had tickets and couldnt get in you would be "happy" with 3 times the ticket back. I know your a big sports fan like me, you would have RATHER been in the game.

Getting tickets to next years superbowl is nice, BUT again, being a packer or a steeler fan its not gonna make too much of a difference unless its there team in it again.
 petebelongs
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 10:48:01 AM
I thought it was an exciting game with the Pack jumping out to a big lead and the Steelers clawing their way back in to the game and making it look like they would "steel" another title away, like they did against the Cards. But with the game on the line, why Roethlisburger wasn't looking for future hall of famer Hines Ward, is beyond me. Ward is the money receiver on that team.

I thought the halftime show was excellent, but then again I'm biased since I fall deeply in lust with Fergie every time I see her, even though I'm not really knowledgable about and not really into the Black Peas music.
 justnancy
Msg: 463
Posted: 2/8/2011 2:44:02 PM
I agree Broncs I would have preferred to have seen my team in the Super Bowl, what a disappointment for the fans.

I agree Pete it was a good game!
However I would have to disagree about Hines Ward. He USED to be Bens go to receiver,
however this year Ben favored Mike Wallace over Ward, lol I only knew that because I picked Ward to be one of my WR's in fantasy football. I was excited to have him thinking he would rack up some points for me.... but NO.....At first when he wasn't getting any passes I thought "oh that's because Bens out, when he gets back things will improve".... wrong AGAIN. .....UGH!!!!!!!!.....Who Knew┬┐.......Anyway I was curious so I had to look up the Stats for the 2010 season.

Mike Wallace had 60 catches for 1,257 total passing yards and 10 TD's
Hines Ward had 59 catches for 755 total passing yards and 5 TD's

.... any given Sunday...........
 Baldy8
Msg: 464
Posted: 2/8/2011 4:47:43 PM

Ben favored Mike Wallace over Ward, lol I only knew that because I picked Ward to be one of my WR's in fantasy football.

Yea Ben definately looks Wallaces way quite a bit now. He was mostly a deep threat last year but is becoming an all around receiver now. Dont feel so bad about Ward Nancy. I drafted Randy Moss and what a major bust he was lol. I did steal Hakeem Nicks late in my draft though. He was great most of the year except when he got hurt and was out a few weeks.
 mrnova66
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 5:22:39 PM
This game was average at best..I have been watching Super bowls since Super Bowl X..This game would not be in the top 10 Superbowls..Not even close...The National Anthem was a disgrace..Maybe they can get Lee Greenwood next year..He could sing the walls down...Halftime show..Where they get this group from???MARS!!!!!Very disgusting..PEE WEE HERMAN could have done better..But i must hand it to them.Got The BOOM!!!!BOOM!!!!BAM!!!BAM!!!Down pat..PITIFUL!!!It will go down as the worse Half time show ever...
 Jake52177
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 7:33:21 PM
If the Jets were playing we could be talking about rex right now. I didnt watch the game because I knew Brett would win it for the packers. I turned as soon as the national anthem got shot up. I would sue the NFL what happened to those fans was greed gone wild. They tried to sneek one pass the fire marshalls.
 MGMLION
Msg: 467
Posted: 2/9/2011 1:03:02 AM

Getting tickets to next years superbowl is nice, BUT again, being a packer or a steeler fan its not gonna make too much of a difference unless its there team in it again.

Fans will still get to pick the Super Bowl game they want to see...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e393df/article/league-offers-ousted-xlv-fans-tickets-to-any-super-bowl
 newdejavu
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2011 1:50:51 AM

Good luck coaching the titans the whole franchise is now in a mess.

I got a feeling Titans fans are in for some growing pains with the new coach. I feel bad that he fired OC Mike Heimerdinger; poor guy had cancer during the year, Titans had injury issues, and he gets canned. I hope he lands another OC job somewhere, he's a class act.
 justnancy
Msg: 469
Posted: 2/9/2011 5:24:39 PM
Jake actually they just had on the news this evening that some fans do plan to try and sue.

They also said on the news that it is the NFL not Jerry Jones that is offering and paying for one future free Super bowl ticket, airfare and hotel accommodations to each person that did not get to see the game, or they can take the cash instead.

Wow I didn't know much about the Titans coach, that is sad. Poor guy!

LOL, Baldy I would agree Randy Moss was a let down. Lucky you had Nicks, he did well. Lol I was in a league with a lot of family members so any good Giants players were taken fast in round 1.
I'm not a NE fan but I had Tom Brady as my QB, he was one of my best point makers.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 470
Posted: 2/9/2011 6:05:58 PM

Talk about fixes...i was sad to hear that Tom (the lady)brady was named the league MVP.........a fuggin ornament of a QB, studded by dazzling stats but can't win when it counts the most!....yet he was "most valuable", over somebody like Aaron Rogers, who is not only a more accurate passer, but a clutch performer......without Rodgers, i don't see GB even making the playoffs...much less winning the SB!.

I don't care Brady gets MVP trophy or not, but I think Brady should dump Gisele. He's having Romo effect. He had not win a single playoff game since he married Gisele.

Aaron is a good QB but he is no where near Brady or big bro Manning (yuk). All (IIRC) Rodger's touchdowns in the SB came after turnovers. That means less yardage to cover. In their best years KC's Green and Seattle's Hasselbek (TY, nancy) were as accurate passers as Aaron guy.

Halftime show..Where they get this group from???MARS!!!!!Very disgusting..PEE WEE HERMAN could have done better..But i must hand it to them.Got The BOOM!!!!BOOM!!!!BAM!!!BAM!!!Down pat..PITIFUL!!!It will go down as the worse Half time show ever...

NFL , appearing on national TV, should apologize to the nation for SB's half time show.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > 2010/11 NFL Weekly Predictions