Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Evow      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lighttou
Msg: 26
view profile
History
EvowPage 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
It's homophobic!!!! - Thought I'd do a search of males to see where in the listings my profile featured, and it wouldn't let me - make of that what you will..........

mollydaydream
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 11:14:07 AM

20 does it really make a difference to your life?
are you thinking of dating him in canada?

In fact it does matter to me, so I'll thank you not to be so patronising.

I have come across men who don't seem to think that it is an issue whether they already have a girlfriend. They see it as having some 'fun' and if it's 'fun' for them, you should be having 'fun' also and be grateful for it. I have issues with people who think of that way of life, as the norm.

If the Admin is also living his life in that way, it lessens his integrity in my eyes. I'm hoping that he has just not used his profile and has forgotten to update it, in which case his integrity wouldn't be compromised, in my view.

So, yes, I would like to know, one way or the other.
 Shortstuff1968
Msg: 28
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 11:22:59 AM
Msg 29. Have you figured out how to delete account yet? I looked it up and its said the following under the help section:
How do I delete my account?
On the top right-hand side of the page, click on My Account.
Scroll down to Delete Account, and follow the instructions listed there.
Note: Deleting your account is permanent and cannot be undone

But you cant as you said. You can only hide profile. I now feel slightly miffed and do not want to stay on that site to be messaged by more grossly overweight, old coach drivers.
Could the founders address this post with their comments please? I seriously think there is an infringement of my privacy rights.
I'd address the site but I'd like my fellow forumites to hear your imput
 ~Unique~54
Msg: 29
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 11:32:02 AM
No SS, I'm afraid I haven't managed to delete my account, despite applying the procedure you describe, as instructed by the site.

My profile can only be hidden, not deleted. My only option now is to delete every bit of information from the 'My Profile' section, delete my photos, and then hide the account...totally unacceptable.

EDIT :

I have tried to delete all the info on ''about me'...it wont save the new settings, I tried to change the wording to 'I'm trying to delete this account but it wont let me' X 20...it wont allow me to, I have managed to delete my photos though, it wont allow me to delete my post code either...hmmmm...not impressed.

I have hidden the account, looks as if that is the only option.
 Sorted_In_Suffolk
Msg: 30
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 3:51:20 PM

I now feel slightly miffed and do not want to stay on that site to be messaged by more grossly overweight, old coach drivers.

Well, at least they've got transport.

More messages from tattooed-walrus looking types...shudder.

Did they put "I'm not looking for anything serious right now" as their relationship preference?

Shortstuff1968
Msg: 31
Evow
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:04:42 PM
Msg 35. Tena Lady moment ha ha - I bloody roared up at that
 Sorted_In_Suffolk
Msg: 32
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 5:34:59 AM

Msg 35. Tena Lady moment ha ha - I bloody roared up at that

Eventually, shortstuff, POF will wear you down to the point where your resolve weakens and you'll find yourself seated opposite a nervous Geoff Capes lookalike in a uniform at a Little Chef somewhere on the outskirts of Birmingham with a National Express coach parked outside.

Sorry, I'm in a funny mood. I was up till 3 am last night having my first POF convo.
Today, I feel less like a Kamikazee pilot and more like a Spitfire ace.
 hunnibelle
Msg: 33
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 5:39:41 AM
^^^^^I hope a date was struck after 3 hrs?

I am still waiting to find any suitable contact on Evow or indeed to receive ANY message
 Sorted_In_Suffolk
Msg: 34
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 9:53:17 AM
^^^^^I hope a date was struck after 3 hrs?

I am still waiting to find any suitable contact on Evow or indeed to receive ANY message

Just to clarify, this contact was on POF. I'm not on Evow yet.

No, I asked her out about half way through the convo but she said she wanted to chat some more first.

So the hours went by, I asked if was keeping her up, but apparently not. As 3 am came and went I started asking about the first date in purely hypothetical terms.

Then I apologised for being cheeky and told her that I had better get to bed before I asked her out properly.

She volunteered her phone number and I promised to text her after a good kip.

So far so good.
 mollydaydream
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 2:08:37 PM
Apart from the fact that my matches all live anywhere from Edinburgh to Southampton (I'm in Leeds), they mostly smoke (a big no thanks).

Essentially, my criteria are being ignored.
 Korotky
Msg: 36
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 3:01:28 PM
I've just seen a tropical frog in Plymouth with a photograph in their profile to prove it, strewth... I can't hone searches, I can't even choose ethnicity... anything inside 300 miles with a pulse, and the correct set of genitalia, fills my match columns... someone's having a laff...
 Sorted_In_Suffolk
Msg: 37
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 3:20:46 PM

I've just seen a tropical frog in Plymouth with a photograph in their profile to prove it, strewth... I can't hone searches, I can't even choose ethnicity... anything inside 300 miles with a pulse, and the correct set of genitalia, fills my match columns... someone's having a laff...

Same problem with lots of dating sites.

Either there are not enough members or the user base comes from a different site. Sounds like the few folks on Evow are already on POF.
 hunnibelle
Msg: 38
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 3:33:22 PM
Sounds like the few folks on Evow are already on POF.

Initially maybe but as the site grows surely more people who may have been wary of
POF notoriety may join Evow and give us fresh blood (there wasn't a vampire icon).
Sadly I agree the matching seems pretty useless I received my first email today from.......
Glasgow, only 4 HUNDRED and 20 odd miles from me

What I mean is Evow might seem more credible for some than POF
 Sorted_In_Suffolk
Msg: 39
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 6:00:08 PM
Initially maybe but as the site grows surely more people who may have been wary of
POF notoriety may join Evow and give us fresh blood (there wasn't a vampire icon).
Sadly I agree the matching seems pretty useless I received my first email today from.......
Glasgow, only 4 HUNDRED and 20 odd miles from me

Basic concept is good. Execution of it seems very poor. Getting the sign-ups is the hardest thing for any dating site. That's why so many of them make you sign up before you can even do a search.

Then once you have joined, the split between paid members who can message people and unpaid members who can't is a real problem.

I recently cancelled my Zoosk subscription after reading the zillionth profile that said something along the lines of "if you want to get in touch with me my name is Joanna Blogs. Look me up on f***book."

Anyhow, the lady I mentioned earlier in this thread didn't want to pursue things, but I'm still chuffed that I was finally able to strike up a conversation on this site.
 markus
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/11/2010 11:32:24 PM
Site is barely 6 days old, and already over 100,000 people have signed up. Of course the matching etc won't be near what POF has, simplely because if i turned all that on right now the search results would be fairly empty. I have turned on the smoking filter in the matches though.

Right now only 6% of signups to Evow are not looking for a relationship. 55% of the database is female. Its probably going to stabilize at 60% female, but that isn't any real suprise.
 Shortstuff1968
Msg: 41
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 1:33:05 AM
Msg 45 - I see you now have a 'delete account' function. I followed the procedure yesterday but I can still log on and see email??

Although this site is not for me, good luck with it
 That Handy Man
Msg: 42
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 7:46:50 AM
Couldn't I (PLEASE) sign up for free?

If I get a long term relationship out of it, (No nagging, messy divorces, ect) I PROMISE, I will pay you in twenty years (or so).
 Sorted_In_Suffolk
Msg: 43
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:24:33 AM
Admin said:

<div class="quote">Right now only 6% of signups to Evow are not looking for a relationship. 55% of the database is female. Its probably going to stabilize at 60% female, but that isn't any real suprise.

60% projected female sounds great to me (a bloke), but that 6% "nothing serious" figure will rise exponentially if guys find out about this loophole!

I just don't the concept of "nothing serious" on a "serious relationships" site.

Reminds me of the situation in many gay nightclubs that attract a straight female following who want to avoid predatory straight males.

Once the straight nightclub empties of women a little light-bulb goes off above the straight man's head and he decides to go somewhere a bit camp for the evening.
 ~Unique~54
Msg: 44
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:27:12 AM
{I just don't (get?) the concept of "nothing serious" on a "serious relationships" site.}

My exact point. that's why I left again sharpish. Well, tried to leave.
 markus
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 11:05:53 AM
Its a way for us to detect who is just there looking around. We will probably start booting all those accounts off.
 Korotky
Msg: 46
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 11:57:38 AM
Well, I'll leave a profile there in the hopes eventually it might attract different clientele to POF, and the site will get a few more detailed functions - what harm can it possibly do?

I'd like to be able to find a way to get my matches down to below 300 miles though...
 Shortstuff1968
Msg: 47
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 1:06:40 PM
Msg 50 - Thanks for the personal message you sent but as I stated earlier, my fellow forumites also have an interest in this subject so I will reply here.
Your message read:
What kind of login problems are you having on evow and what message can you not see?

Well I can see all 4 messages I received. I decided Evow wasn't for me because, well basically, POF has much more for me personally.
The problem I had, and I'll repeat; I deleted my account so that I may leave the site but yet I can still log in. Simple as that really.
Thanks
 blues_magoos
Msg: 48
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 1:41:52 PM
I got the invitation too....thanks, but the URL is broken. Humm.....didn't you guys pay your ISP lately?
 markus
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 9:12:41 PM
Still showing the account as not deleted...
 Pud78
Msg: 50
Evow
Posted: 9/12/2010 11:36:08 PM
Is evow just advertised via here? Because if it is then surely your on a site with the same people but a smaller community. The site will remain free until it is actually worth joining so personally feel that is a waste of time.
I will remain here whilst its free and I can find who is serious or not by their profiles and how they interact.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Evow