Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Evow      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 usemydongle
Msg: 51
EvowPage 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
If you clicked on it you only got yourself to blame, its almost become fashionable for some people to join every single dating site there is.
Addicted to the lonely hearts scene or what ?

~Unique~54
Msg: 52
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 6:14:38 AM
I don't see a problem with joining another site to look for the calibre of person you seek if you can't find that on the existing site...but if it doesn't...I don't blame people for trying yet others.

Personal choice...I guess some with closed minds wouldn't get a response no matter which site they chose
 maruli
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 8:23:11 AM

I got the invitation too....thanks, but the URL is broken.

I have the same problem. I was invited to join evow by email. When I go to www.evow.com, I get an empty blue page, with sorry in the title.

After googling, I found several aspx pages, like acount.aspx, search.aspx. But none to join. Can anybody give me the exact link including the correct .aspx for joining?

Does evow exclude people from countries by the IP? Is Germany not allowed in?
 Pud78
Msg: 54
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:43:46 AM

I don't see a problem with joining another site to look for the calibre of person you seek if you can't find that on the existing site...but if it doesn't...I don't blame people for trying yet others.

People are encouraged to try as many different avenues as possible and the internet dating site is supposed to be an extension to real life interactions and to try another site is a good idea. The benefit of a smaller site is that it is smaller and with less choice it takes away the sweetie effect, makes you focus more on the profile than the picture.
The site though if advertised just through here would have people who have experienced this site. The site could easily have merits in the future and even now it may let two profiles see each other that would of been almost impossible with a site this large.
 Adam-30
Msg: 55
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:51:43 AM
Joined out of curiosity and seeing how some people have set "my background" and "my ideal partner" in such ridiculous ways is hilarious.

Non smokers want smokers then smokers want non smokers, single mothers want men with no children, women without children want men with children. Crazy stuff but sure is
 Shortstuff1968
Msg: 56
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 10:16:41 AM
Msg 54! I've gone throught the 'delete account' procedure yet again but I can still log back into my account. I deleted my account this morning then tried to log in to check it has gone just now (just in case it took some hours) but no; still there. Please advise
 hunnibelle
Msg: 57
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 12:25:46 PM
Well I actually found a match that attracted me yesturday on evow! Sent a short witty message and eagerly awaited the reply from this lovley man looking for a serious relationship...yep UNREAD DELETED !! bah humbug grrrrr
 Sorted_In_Suffolk
Msg: 58
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 12:50:30 PM

Well I actually found a match that attracted me yesturday on evow! Sent a short witty message and eagerly awaited the reply from this lovley man looking for a serious relationship...yep UNREAD DELETED !! bah humbug grrrrr

Now multiply that experience by 100 and you'll know how the blokes on POF feel.
 hunnibelle
Msg: 59
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:14:20 PM

Now multiply that experience by 100 and you'll know how the blokes on POF feel.

I am afraid that was my point. Unread/deleted is not gender specific both men AND women experience it dear sir!
 minika
Msg: 60
Evow
Posted: 9/13/2010 2:03:19 PM

Personal choice for the easily decieved (gullible)....all you become is one of those fishes that use their mouths to vacuum the walls of the aquarium....
*has a think*......oh

Admin, what's the point of this new site Evow?
 maruli
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Evow is limited to a few countries
Posted: 9/15/2010 7:27:39 AM
I happened to find the page to join EVOW in the cache of google. It only allows a few English-speaking countries in.

Germans are not welcome. Even by entering UK and a London zip code, I was sent back to the empty blue page.

Obviously, they discriminate people by their IP. But it would have been fair to announce this on the POF site. I got an email sent by Markus inviting serious members of POF to EVOW.
Why on earth did he include me in his list, if I am not wanted?

It is like being invited and when arriving getting the door slammed into my face........

If they do not want me in evow, ok, but I wasted my time looking for a technical glitch on my computer, when I got that blank evow page.
 Falchion
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/15/2010 9:06:11 AM
Admin, what's the point of this new site Evow?

Methinks perhaps just another site to attract advertising revenue. Or am I being a tad cynical again
 aries074
Msg: 63
Evow
Posted: 9/15/2010 10:00:21 AM
^^^^^^
A tad realistic I'd say.
I think one has to bear in mind that the new site is at an early stage of its development, so I suppose the sort of initial problems outlined above are inevitable.
However, I see no reason to change my view that these dating sites are generally as good (or bad) as each other.
Obviously, the more sites one is affiliated to, the greater your chances of success. The same applies to the number of times you are going to feel disappointed, frustrated, resentful etc etc. !
 Vteachr2
Msg: 64
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 3:27:52 AM
I actually signed and got mail from people near me,but can't get on my account today at all. so what happened?
 lighttou
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 4:16:01 AM
I've just tried to log in - think site is down (getting a server overload page - unlikely!).
 Carm0n
Msg: 66
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 5:42:21 AM
Falchion,
Methinks perhaps just another site to attract advertising revenue. Or am I being a tad cynical again

its not cynical its true, alot of these sites I think are just owned by the same people and its all about the adds
 schnookies
Msg: 67
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 6:00:27 AM
Hi,
It is a new site not many people on the site, i joined a month a go no bites thou, having trouble loggin in today.

Schnookies
 AnnGypsyAngel
Msg: 68
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 6:04:33 AM
It is for people looking for a long term relationship or marriage and it is free for the first "certain" number of people who sign up.....
 justme6136
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 6:29:36 AM
Yea i joined seems to be ok. Was getting into a conversation with girl now its gone tits up and i cant get on
 Falchion
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 6:49:21 AM
Thanks Isolde, you have confirmed my worst suspicions. Had a desperate forlorn hope that Evow might be my last chance to find my true and everlasting long term lover and friend, now dashed

Have just tried to log on and found, as others, site is down. Oh well, perhaps it's my overflowing message inbox that has caused the problem

Was getting into a conversation with girl now its gone tits up and i cant get on
my condolences and sympathy, you do have a problem. Do you need a leg up, or perhaps a ladder.
Keep smiling, everyone
 patches4
Msg: 71
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 10:18:22 AM
Hello; I am very new on this site and hope you will receive the message and hope to receive message back. I still work 40 hr a wk and take care of my home and have friends and family going and doing things together. I am a widow of 11yrs now. I dont have my pic online yet. I am 5'5'' tall,150lbs, dark hair, dark eyes, built nicely and keep myself up nicely. I am 64 yr old and still work and have good job working for the State. Have a great day and God Bless
Patches4
 Carm0n
Msg: 72
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 1:29:21 PM
patches, I think you got totally lost there
 ~Unique~54
Msg: 73
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 2:26:54 PM
Patches...this isn't Evow site...this is a forum thread ABOUT the Evow site...

ooo-er, good luck, hope you find what you seek
 jamisond
Msg: 74
Evow
Posted: 9/16/2010 5:19:41 PM
I joined this site and have received a few messages. Your right its all just POF members right now. It seems that there are a lot more women than men in my age group on evow which is good if your a guy because on most dating sites men outnumber women giving women the advantage. I received an email saying it would be free for me. I assume thats because I joined early but I am skeptical. I'm not convinced yet that they are not all of a sudden going to say "your free membership is up. Time to pay"
 angelofthenorthuk220
Msg: 75
Evow
Posted: 9/17/2010 3:06:47 PM
I joined Evow this week but am not impressed. There doesn't seem to be many members, the search is poor, there is no way of knowing if people are online or when they have been active recently, I think some profiles are years old but theres no way to tell.

Sarah xx
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Evow