Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is online dating a waste of time for men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 275
Is online dating a waste of time for men?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Um, 17 years online.

Back in those pre-historic ages of paying per minute for internet connection. Ah, the good old days.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 276
Is online dating a waste of time for men?
Posted: 11/9/2010 12:24:57 AM

sorry but I find this is total BS.

who do you think you are to just do an unread/delete to all these people?

she is someone who exudes confidence....

lol
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 277
Posted: 11/10/2010 12:22:16 AM
This site would only be a waste of time, if this is your primary source for trying to get dates. Im talking if you ONLY sat on here and tried to email woman after woman, after woman, and this is all you had, then yeah....You'd be wasting major time.

Put it to you fellas like this....Most women on here, have PAGES of emails in their inbox for the most part....so...out of those pages, they are going to only choose the top percentage of good looking men to respond to. Its THAT simple. They have alot of options like that.

I dont buy the nonsense that men feed themselves here that if you write some shakespearian sonnet, that she'll respond. Thats just bullsh*t in itself completely. If you arent attractive to the woman, then she isnt responding. Chances are, she wont even read the email.

Lets keep it real, it is what it is.

With that being said, this should be treated as just another way to get a date, on TOP of you having an active social life, with hobbies, and interests outside of the internet.
 umbrellaman21
Msg: 278
Posted: 11/10/2010 4:26:51 AM

Chances are, she wont even read the email.

That is probable, but chances are they do read over the actual profile. I hear women actually do at least that to see if the man has anything interesting to say in it or read something in it that would make them compatible with the man.
 mateo45
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2010 7:38:12 PM

With that being said, this should be treated as just another way to get a date, on TOP of you having an active social life, with hobbies, and interests outside of the internet.

I agree, it's just one way, and shouldn't be the only way. Although that's tempting because it's obviously so "easy". But nuthin's ever "free" and my own experience has been that the "quality" seems to improve more with folks I've met IRL (in real life), than online. Dunno, maybe it's the anonymous quality of internet dating and the lack of accountability that attracts a certain "type", but too many of the gals I've come across online just seem kinda skittish and flakey, sending all kinds of conflicting signals, like they're not even sure WHAT they really want, let alone WHO!

But just personally, would recommend donating some time in local volunteer groups. You'll be doing some good work, and the quality of folks there is usually kinda nice too!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is online dating a waste of time for men?