Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Couples 45+      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThatGuy1082
Msg: 76
Couples 45+Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have to say I disagree. Maybe it is demographics, culture and geographical location.
Nonetheless, attending a farmer’s market to speculate, or to judge people by scale of numerical beauty, is an observation by opinion only.

The differences I see do differ by time spent in a relationship. Granted we are all human and with age comes the reality of what gravity, wear from being athletic, and settling into a lifestyle. The causal effects of many things can play into weight gain.

I have lived on the east coast, the Midwest and the west coast. Demographically the southern east coast harbors larger people, as well does the Pacific northwest. Obesity due to our change in culture and we humans being more sedentary, has taken affect. Studies show that the increase of adult onset type 2 diabetes is epidemic among many over the age of 45.

The relevance of larger or fashionably plump woman in long-term relationships is something I notice too. The, “why bother” attitude seems stronger than adopting healthy eating and exercise habits. Menopause does play into this also. Frequently I hear the married women I work with say that having children wrecked their bodies. That may be true in some cases, but if the couples are happy together, comfortable and satisfied, that is their prerogative.

Maybe men parading about in expensive shirts is better to look at I suppose than men of that age wearing lesser attire, especially if they are single and looking. I cannot figure out the fairer sex and I am over the age of 45. All I can say is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 TryAgan
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Couples 45+
Posted: 12/23/2010 3:13:12 PM
In my recent observation on Miami Beach, an overweight solo man in a red speedo generated more interest than an overweight solo woman in yellow bikini.

The trim couples and overweight couples didn't pay too much attention to the solo goers. They were swimming and playing in the waves.
 FeatherHues
Msg: 78
Couples 45+
Posted: 1/10/2011 11:01:04 PM
My My....I think I'll sit here and eat popcorn and read.......
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Couples 45+
Posted: 1/11/2011 10:35:10 AM
~OT~ My BF and I went out New Year's Eve. Ended up going dancing and at some point I actually found myself saying, "I'll bet people here think we're either on a first date or having an affair." How sad it was once I realized what I'd said. I wonder when those of us 45+ forgot what it feels like to be so happy with someone it's normal to look like we're in our 20's again. He laughed, simply cause it was out of character for me to say something such as that. But in looking around? I noticed that even the younger couples weren't enjoying one another. What a sad testament to being a couple. Some days I just feel lucky that we aren't that way. And I find the premise of the OPs post, bunk...pure bunk! But that's just how I view it.
 soicat
Msg: 80
Couples 45+
Posted: 2/3/2011 7:19:52 PM
Verygreeneyez, why do you think the OP's premise is flawed?
 GingersnapWA2
Msg: 81
Couples 45+
Posted: 3/5/2011 3:48:04 PM
OP, your comments are pure specuation. Perhaps you could actually interview the couples next time, and bring back some REAL data? The results could be quite surprising...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Couples 45+