Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4ms4me
Msg: 751
view profile
History
increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their moneyPage 31 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

so please, the next time I decide to say something that bothers you, I suggest you do the same, and "repeat this soothing mantra"

Now, now, lets not get too restrained, else there'd be no use popping popcorn for the forums entertainment.
 lucky2beme
Msg: 752
increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money
Posted: 1/2/2012 5:37:30 PM
I have no money so i guess i am doomed to bachelorhood for life
 ruspukin
Msg: 753
Posted: 1/2/2012 7:07:21 PM
maybe its because men don't have anything else to offer
 usernonymous
Msg: 754
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2012 10:21:30 PM
I think with the recession, there is also a role reversal.

I think that women are leaving their men because they are often left as the breadwinners. The economy has left alot of men fiscally emasculated and I think that alot of women feel that their mate is no longer a man because they cannot support the family. This leads to more breakups due to men's insecurity and a woman's independance to not need a man to bring home the bread.

http://society.ezinemark.com/women-breadwinners-more-likely-to-divorce-study-31887247381.html
 CptJohnSheridan
Msg: 755
Posted: 1/3/2012 9:35:18 AM
Just as an observation I will say that many of the professionals with whom I work complain that the women they date seem to want them for their money. When I ask why they like the ladies, the reply is usually some variation upon, "She is very physically attractive." To me this seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
 letzgo4it
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 4:25:45 PM
True, so true!! And coming from a male who can tell it like it is. Thanks for the post and validation of my thoughts.
 mrcs84
Msg: 757
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:04:29 PM

Just as an observation I will say that many of the professionals with whom I work complain that the women they date seem to want them for their money. When I ask why they like the ladies, the reply is usually some variation upon, "She is very physically attractive." To me this seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Men looking for the hottest woman they can afford. Women looking for the richest man they can attract. Nothing new here.
 kevination
Msg: 758
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:25:27 PM
ron simmons reads this set of posts and says..........
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 759
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:49:01 PM
increasing numbers of men are marrying women for their looks/money

none of it is new, not really
 sensualseekerns
Msg: 760
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:29:15 PM

I think that women are leaving their men because they are often left as the breadwinners. The economy has left alot of men fiscally emasculated and I think that alot of women feel that their mate is no longer a man because they cannot support the family. This leads to more breakups due to men's insecurity and a woman's independance to not need a man to bring home the bread.

The reverse side of this and the above posts is that it seems okay to a large chunk of women that dumping a man for having lost his income is a valid excuse, but a man who dumps a woman because she is no longer good looking or no longer interested in intimacy is a major crime. This is not acceptable logic. It is thin primal reasoning masquerading as the elitist BS that it really is coming from the female camp.

They hypocrisy in this case is in what is not said, not in what is. That is not lost on men who witness it for what it really is. It is also a big reason why those of us with a brain avoid women who subscribe to that kind of social thinking.

ladyc4
Msg: 761
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:11:30 PM
The only reason that people who are married or in a committed relationship should be leaving one another is if one of the partners has become violent,abusive or is putting the partner and/or the kids in danger.

Leaving over loss of income(unless it is due to genuine irresponsibility or bad behavior) loss of looks, reduced interest in intimacy or illness is wrong, IMO. Yes, people will do it-because they're human-they aren't perfect.

I won't disagree that there is a tendency of cultural conditioning, to place value on men for their provider skills and on women for their looks.
As far as intimacy, that should be a part of marriage, not a bargaining chip, control mechanism or weapon, but again there is a cultural tendency to condition women to use intimacy as a mechanisim of control, and to condition men to have LESS respect and a lower opinion of women who do NOT use intimacy as a bargaining chip.
Perhaps we need to let people start designing their own marriage contracts so that they can spell out in black and white, what things will be grounds for ending the marriage-and yes, it will be permissible to tie the continuation of the marriage to such things as income, health, appearance, and even stipulate the frequency and quality of sexual intimacy...I bet there would be a helluva lot of divorces prevented because the marriages would never take place!
Cindy O
 sassykamper
Msg: 762
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:30:30 PM
right on army mom, that is the sickest thing i can think of to date. nasty!
 sweetchic
Msg: 763
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:41:14 PM
And from what I've heard and increasing amount of men are marrying women for their money too, after all as the saying goes, ''a woman can fake an orgasm but a man can fake the whole relationship'' these things happen, what are you going to do.

There is a quote in which I believe
""The most unhappiest woman is a woman who marries for money""

Maybe if he had one foot in the grave, or travelled most of time, but even then ..it's really not me.

Imagine having to wake up next to a very rich man every morning who you can't stand
I know I couldn't do it, I'd have to be drunk everyday to even kiss him, Yukkk. and believe me I know cuz I tried it, I had met a rich well to do man who wanted me badly, a nice guy too, however just to kiss him turned me off ..so I could not even imagine it, but hey that's me.
I HAVE to have some chemistry or else I am out, and running...:

At this point of my life sometimes I wish I could,
I could then finally relax, and not have to worry about $$$$$ anymore, but you know what there's nothing more beautiful than waking up to someone who you really love
 Allan Anger
Msg: 764
Posted: 1/4/2012 9:12:18 PM
I will marry for cash,,,hmm,,,,
And boiled beets
and fried cabbage
 Incognito555
Msg: 765
Posted: 1/6/2012 11:30:10 PM
All I can say, is after reading my profile, I don't think I will be hearing from any gold diggers:)
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 766
Posted: 2/12/2012 10:11:31 AM
increasing?? When did every stop? You think old bent back men who are 30 years older than their wives top choice because he is great in bed????
 trinity818
Msg: 767
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 1:28:15 PM
http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-heart-beat-blog-post?post=21395b4a-aa75-46a8-8a49-df6105b380cc

Fewer Women Marrying for Money

A new study shows that more women are 'marrying down.'

As much as I'd like to believe that marrying for money is an antiquated notion, there's still evidence that proves otherwise.

But more women are marrying for love rather than money, according to a study done by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR).

Okay, so we don't know if it's love. But it's something other than money.

The study says that 28 percent of women between 1976 and 1981 decided to marry men who were less wealthy than them and had less education. In 1958, the number was 23 percent.

Only 16 percent of the women born between 1976 and 1981 married a man who was wealthier than them. In 1958, 39 percent of women married 'up.'

Richard Darlington of the IPPR said:

"In the 60s, women working in highly segregated offices in junior clerical roles fell in love with men in senior positions and 'married the boss.‘ By the 70s and 80s, women had moved into more senior positions themselves and were marrying men in similar professional categories. By the 90s, the toy boy phenomenon was at its height and by the noughties age was no longer a social taboo."

It's not news that women have come a long way since 1958, but it's interesting to see the numbers that prove it.

However, while more women are marrying within their "same social class," they're still marrying older men. One in five women marry a man who is seven years or more older than them.
 Tristle
Msg: 768
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:44:01 PM
another indicator of the tough economic times
 DomG79
Msg: 769
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 8:45:16 PM
I've always said I'd more than likely become a millionaire before I ever found true love. I'm far from a millionaire, but I am doing okay. POF hasn't worked for me, maybe one day I will make enough money to buy love.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 770
Posted: 4/14/2012 8:50:00 PM
These surveys are not worth the paper they are written on mainly.

I would say that in the 40's very few men had a lot of wealth perhaps compared to today. In those days often married women lost their jobs once they were no longer single and unless they had inherited property or money then they had to rely on the husband's income unless they had a joint business.

Who would admit to marrying just for money anyway?? Who is being asked these questions??? Anna Nicole Smith clones???
 Lionesse19
Msg: 771
Posted: 4/14/2012 8:53:43 PM
Yes men have always been willing to buy beauty and put such a premium price on it so naturally beautiful women who are so desired by all, will choose the guy who is successful and wealthy. After all it just as easy to fall in love with a guy who has a lot of offer, and being poor is no virtue.
 341islife
Msg: 772
Posted: 4/15/2012 1:10:24 AM
there are greedy people everywhere. you can't take it when you die.tit doesn't make you who you are. i have news for men. women like 7' or bigger thick diks and young men with hott bods.

i am not the norm.
not looking for money. body.
i am outside of the box
i actually want a special man.
"but"~~ i am not the average bear
i am brutal when it comes to my honesty
love me or hate me

i know people
hear people
see people
and it is NOT pretty
neither men nor women

oh, well!
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 773
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 5:12:56 AM
Women do want financial security---this is true. However, I want to be in love and attracted to someone first. If it gets close to marriage, I want to marry someone who has enough money to provide my basic needs of life and then maybe save up for a vacation or two. I do not want to struggle through life and fight over money and paying the bills. Marriage has enough challenges. I WOULD NOT marry for money.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 774
Posted: 4/15/2012 5:50:43 AM
I see proof of it all the time on this site... Lots of girls demanding that the guy has a good job, or that he can afford to take her out all the time...I actually blame these sites for it. The way dating sites work, give these girls a lot too much room to be unrealistically picky
 Faust_7
Msg: 775
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:38:04 PM
Man gets the woman he can afford. A woman is only interested in a man's money, power or fame. She couldn't care less if he's a good man.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > increasing numbers of women are marrying men for their money