Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A man must love the woman more than the woman loves the man      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 76
view profile
History
A man must love the woman more than the woman loves the manPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

A man must love the woman more than the woman loves the man

"He who loves the most, has the most to lose." (Don't remember where I heard/read that, but I'm a firm believer.) JMO
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/29/2011 3:07:43 PM
To RubyWaxx, he likes to attack people on these forums. In this thread he just attacked kailania for no reason. He also attacked you & before he attacked me on another thread.

RubyWaxx

"No need to get personal.... I never directed anything at YOU!

...and I'll come back and comment as I see fit!"
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/29/2011 5:22:30 PM
Jco and you are quoting the wrong person. I didn't say this.
 viper1j
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/29/2011 5:49:08 PM

Do you think that there is some validity to what my mother told me?

It's what family/divorce law is based on.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/29/2011 7:37:31 PM
First, I never directed the ,knowing why youre all single, at anyone in particular...it was at the general belief that there's some magic pill or solution.

Ruby.... my quote wasn't directed at you.....when capturing text on my phone I caught your name from someones post directing something at you and I didn't catch it. When I quote someone directly I put their name before the quote.

So for everyone but picking everything..... read post: #53.

The whole notion of any one person needing to love their partner less in order to be in control is one of the most childish and destructive attitudes I've heard here. Anyone this manipulative and insecure is a control freak and shouldn't BE in a relationship!
 Impune
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2011 10:10:54 AM
Love is the most misused word in the world! A man must Love a woman more than a woman loves a man, what Utter nonsense. Love should be mutually divided, or why should a man love a woman more then he is loved in return?

I this case I would rather give my uncondetional love to my dog, more than any woman since it would probably last much longer then any relationship. The Majority of POF women that I read on profiles not more than 6-8 years, many 3-4 years.

Why does POF spell the Word "fustrated", It's "Frustrated"? Or is this the way the Gringos spell it, what to lazy to add the R?
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/30/2011 11:12:11 AM
"A man must love the woman more than the woman loves the man"

This should be in the humor section, instead of the relationship section. This as bad as saying in order for a man to love a woman, she must cook for him, clean the house and iron his underwear for him. What a bunch of childish nonsense. This is also the Same as looking for prince charming, sorry but I place my bet on the dragon slaying prince charming. I mean I am sure he is a nice guy and all, but we know how that works out in the real world. What makes this so comical for me is that that the word "Must" is being used here. Some one requiring more than what they plan to offer you is not worth the time or the love(if there is such of a thing)
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2011 12:03:00 PM
speaking for the guy team.....
we prefer it the other way around.
:-P
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2011 12:51:44 PM
The Majority of POF women that I read on profiles not more than 6-8 years, many 3-4 years.

Your longest is over 7 years, as is mine. I would say 8 but... not over 8.

Does that mean women should expect an expiry date with you, too, based on this information? Doesn't matter, does it, it's all online weirdos here, right. Shit, you're scrapin' at the bottom of the barrel here if you're actually expecting to find love on PoF! LULZ.

Btw my pet chinchilla has my absolute unconditional love, and he's been with me for almost 12 years.

Now that's TIME WELL SPENT

Secondhand Lion
Anyway, at 62 I would look a little foolish arguing with a single girl half my age..... carry on and make it up as you go.

Ray of Moonlight
Uh huh and a divorced man who failed at marriage is the real expert in love lmfao!! Anyway carry on and make it up as you go.

I like how he shut his yap after that. <3
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/30/2011 2:23:29 PM
^^I think that was a really mean comment to Secondhand Lion. Hope your ass didn't really fall off while you were laughing so hard.
PS Your chinchilla looks like he wants to murder you.
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2011 2:33:21 PM
Actually I wasn't really laughing. :(
As for my chinchilla, he's a total mama's boy. <3

Thanks for playing?
 happybunny8
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/30/2011 3:19:22 PM
When's the last time you've heard of a woman sending flowers or a stuffed animal to a guy at work?

I did. For my fiancee. I sent him a plant with a strange name that he then used as a term of endearment. lol.

I also bought him all sorts of weird fun things at the dollar store. More recently, a man I dated and I had a joke about a piece of clothing the first night we met. A couple of weeks later, I saw that piece of clothing and bought him one. It's been my experience that women complain more about men not being romantic and only interested in the sexual side of things. My how things have changed LOL.

What I think happens is what we call "life". People get caught up, have kids and are overstressed. This is why both parties in a relationship must put in an effort. This is also why I like the idea of planned "dates" for long term couples. Sometimes in this busy world, we forget these things.

I think people are also under this notion that a relationship is "easy" and I'm not saying it shouldn't be. But in order to make it easy, an effort to remember to be caring to your partner is what one needs to do. This can be as easy as an extra long hug, but seriously I've seen LTR where this was missing.

I have no clue who made the rule about bringing flowers to women. Heck, I got a turtle for valentines day once and loved it more than flowers.

And I'd settle for a woman who likes me more than her dog or the latest sale at the Mall

You want to compete with shoes? Oh boy. LOL.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/30/2011 3:43:08 PM
^^^^ I had one girl do this stuff for me in the past.....now my current GF does too....I must be picking better!

She (my Gf) leaves notes around for me to find....I regularly bring home flowers or buy her son a small toy. She shows up at my work with an energy drink....

I'm proud of her for being active in the courtship/relationship spice.

IHappybunny:
I give you kudos for doing similar....now if everyone would be active perhaps our relationships WOULD maintain that spark.
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/31/2011 5:15:00 AM
Chinchilla? what is that, like a cross between a gerbil and a guinea pig? I am not to sure what that has to do with a man loving a woman more than she loves him, but I have heard some strange urban legends of how some folks "love" there pet gerbils and such. Yikes! Of course I am teasing, looks like a good step up pet to have, you know, move from a gold fish to a chinchilla, to a pet cat, then to a dog, and then to a pet zombie.
Did you know that Chinchillas have a several defensive tactics including spraying urine and releasing fur if bitten? One of these days I am going to stop drinking but right now I may be to slow to do so, but a least I am not fast. ;) People in relationships should love one another 100 percent, not one partner providing 110 percent while the other on providing 40 percent. Cheers!
 loverofwine1
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/31/2011 9:43:43 AM
My mom told me the same thing and i thought it was ridiculous..
however after a couple of unsuccessful relationships she might be onto something..
I have not yet found anyone but i am searching, perhaps if he is into me a little more then i am into him, then i might give this theory a try....
 Kelpk
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2011 7:22:52 PM
Yeah good advice because he might be more nicer to you ...it beats the couldnt give a toss got load of women/options amount of men I see all over the show.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2011 7:28:12 PM

Chinchilla? what is that, like a cross between a gerbil and a guinea pig?

My thought exactly. I would have posted this but I didn't wish to look up the correct spelling of "guinea" pig.

~OT~ Chivalry is a double sided coin. I don't expect anything I don't practice. It's the little things that I find most endearing, so I often times prompt/promote those types of niceties. I'd not do well with someone that wasn't hard-wired for the kindnesses that I seem to hard-wired to extend. JMO
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2011 2:42:01 AM
Whatisnewwithyou, yes, I knew that about them. :P It would be pretty lackadaisical for me to not learn about as much as I could about an animal (especially of the exotic variety) if I am keeping it as a pet.

Although the females are the ones who do the urine spraying, so I haven't encountered that problem. I actually have described them as a mix between a squirrel and a small rabbit.
They also live up to 20 years, are very intelligent and empathetic. They put gerbils and guinea pigs to shame. No comparison.

I'd go so far as to say they're right up there with the pet zombies.
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/1/2011 6:18:06 AM
"Although the females are the ones who do the urine spraying, so I haven't encountered that problem. I actually have described them as a mix between a squirrel and a small rabbit.
They also live up to 20 years, are very intelligent and empathetic. They put gerbils and guinea pigs to shame. No comparison."
"I'd go so far as to say they're right up there with the pet zombies."

^^^I have seen one(Chinchilla) before, they are very interesting and fun little creatures, and yes they are very intelligent. As far as a man loving a woman more than the woman loving him, to me that sounds like a recipe for a relationship not lasting very long. It would not feel very good to find out that ones S O does not love him as much as he loves her or for her to find out that she loves him more than he loves her. I don't think a relationship like that would last for to long.
 GreySpot
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2011 10:34:27 AM
"A man must love the woman more than the woman loves the man"

Never heard that before, but it sounds pretty silly to me and actually damaging to a relationship. If you think you have to “keep score”, then your relationship is in trouble.

The chinchilla is adorable and I had no idea they lived so long.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/1/2011 11:43:14 AM

You want to compete with shoes? Oh boy. LOL.

Deal breaker eh? ;) Ok then I'll just fight for a space on her bed with her 2 dogs & 2 cats :p

Msg: 97
Posted: 4/1/2011 11:51:53 AM
Ok. I'm sold.

On the Chincilla. When my last piggy goes to the great hereafter, I'm going chinch shopping. But maybe a kinkaju.

I get where OP's ma comes from, I think this may still be a valid concern for women I know who live in Mexico, certainly true for any woman who is a resident here by way of an American husband.

Love is measurable by the values of the perceiver. Just as Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's healthy for love to change wax and wane for both partners, it will likely be unequal at any given moment, but in a solidly committed relationship, the overall time period should show a balance.

I advise my daughters to want what they need, rather than need what they want.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/1/2011 11:56:33 AM

Btw my pet chinchilla has my absolute unconditional love, and he's been with me for almost 12 years.

Because....he's not evolved enough like a human, to run away on his own.

Just sayin'
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2011 12:56:31 PM
Whatisnewwithyou

As far as a man loving a woman more than the woman loving him, to me that sounds like a recipe for a relationship not lasting very long.

Indeed. :( While there is no gauge to measure one's love, for it to be brought up in the first place means trouble... there's obviously some issues there of trust and without trust there is no relationship.

It's been brought up that people have different ways of showing their love... some are very physically affectionate while others (men like one of my exes for an example) are more likely do be provider types, especially the ones who make a lot of money... I have had this conversation with many a woman, from coworkers to friends and random interesting women I meet and sit at the bar with and it seems to be a resounding agreement that men with money are not very physically affectionate because they just feel they can throw money at you and be satisfied. I suppose it depends on whether or not you value the lifestyle enough to put up with it.

On the flip side, it's been said by same women that the best lovers are lazy and poor. LOL. Oh crap... can we have a healthy medium here please?

I know, I sound like I am generalizing but... I am just quoting others and speaking from the experience I have had. I don't intend to insult anybody and apologize if I have.

JRodriguez81

Because....he's not evolved enough like a human, to run away on his own.

Just sayin'

It wasn't about him not leaving me during those 12 years as much as how long I have had him around for his lifespan. I am sure if he wasn't a caged animal (who gets ample human and play time outside of it) due to his being a rodent (in latin means "to chew" hence the incisors and need to chew to keep their teeth trim) he quite possibly would've scurried out somewhere and have ended up as some predators dinner. But that's not the case and OH MY GOD THANKS FOR MAKING ME GO THERE YA BIG MEANIE. :p
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/2/2011 4:03:36 AM
I disagree that a man must love the woman more. However, I don't think it is ever mutually equal, all the time, nor should it be. Loving more fluctuates between the two depending on where they are at that particular phase of their relationship. To me, that adds the spice and the challenge when two truly love each other.

Another point of view is from a short-story by Somerset Maugham when he wrote "... one loves and the other tolerates that love".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A man must love the woman more than the woman loves the man