Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > im sick of being blocked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 privat33r
Msg: 26
view profile
History
im sick of being blockedPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm not sure I want to get myself blocked a bunch just to research this phenomena. Well - yeah - I do, but hey, maybe not the best use of time.

There's not much doubt that the polite "No" doesn't work well in POF. Responding keeps the "online green dot" alive longer. After a while women want to keep things simpler. Who am I talking to? Why? Or so I imagine.

To avoid being blocked treat it like any conversation. Look for appropriate times to respond. Don't harass. Find the flow. And hell--- lots are truly getting 100+ notes a day. Babe down the street has her inbox fill in less than 4 days. It is 40 pages of ten notes. This city is chocoblock full of single women with very few eligible guys (fed gov).. places that actually have a high eligible lass to guy ratio are much more troubling.

POF isn't much constructed for easy letdowns- the women would like to be polite about it, but that encourages a lot of ongoing and often abusive notes.

Overall, separate from pof, it is maybe worthwhile looking at how demographics work in this. In places where there are more women than men there will be quite a lot more single women than men. If there are 73 women and 93 guys lets say 65 of the girls will be involved. That leaves 8 women single and 28 single guys, if the camp is spectacularly square. Even with some interpretative dance situations there's still a lot of guys looking. It can be the reverse in gov towns.

People block because they're only looking at the people at the top of the ladder. I'm sure POF will eventually get changed to allow women to communicate with guys that aren't on their short list - but right now that doesn't work well.
 thecuteitalian
Msg: 27
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 9/16/2012 8:45:35 AM
I agree most of the women here are bad I can get one girl to message back after 50 outgoing but then the convo dies in 3 replies.....

This seems to be the worst site OKC and other are much better for responses.

As far as being blocked I know what you mean. I message gurls too to later relize im blocked and I am being nice as possible.

All the girls on POF want a mute Brad pitt witha trust fund. and a porsche for them to drive and a 18 inch****a doodle do.

the women here need to wake up. I consider myself average or a bit better. And I am shunned like a loser.

5 11" 180 pounds I drive a BMW and a denali and have my own house make a great salary but No girls will talk to me either.

I thought I was the guy every girl types about in there profile.

guess not.

My advice POF girls are stuck up!

There are plenty of forums on the women on POF Google POF women stuck up youde be surprised.
 0ut-doors-guy
Msg: 28
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 9/16/2012 1:27:39 PM

Posted By: thecuteitalian on 9/16/2012 435 PM
Subject: im sick of being blocked
Message: I agree most of the women here are bad I can get one girl to message back after 50 outgoing but then the convo dies in 3 replies.....

This seems to be the worst site OKC and other are much better for responses.

As far as being blocked I know what you mean. I message gurls too to later relize im blocked and I am being nice as possible.

All the girls on POF want a mute Brad pitt witha trust fund. and a porsche for them to drive and a 18 inch****a doodle do.

the women here need to wake up. I consider myself average or a bit better. And I am shunned like a loser.

5 11" 180 pounds I drive a BMW and a denali and have my own house make a great salary but No girls will talk to me either.

I thought I was the guy every girl types about in there profile.

guess not.

My advice POF girls are stuck up!

There are plenty of forums on the women on POF Google POF women stuck up youde be surprised.

haha similar story here, just let them find and meet****heads that will mess them about and take the piss, us good genuine guys will always have the last laf my friend!
 firefly416
Msg: 29
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 9/16/2012 4:23:57 PM
I've never blocked anyone. Someone would have to say something really annoying or not go away after I said "no thanks" to make me even think of blocking them.

Firefly
 Davnoctu
Msg: 30
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 8/16/2013 1:15:32 PM
Hi there, everyone,

I wanted to address the issue / idea that some had about "eDating is akin to a job interview" and telling the dude that he needs to "improve" his profile:

Well, surprise surprise, I have to disagree!

Each one of us is looking for a particular aspect of another person. And each one of us, ideally, should be able to find someone who Accepts Us For Who We Are. Why should this gentleman have to change who he is or how he speaks publicly in order to find someone. He wouldn't find someone who likes him for Who He Is. I think it's far more important to represent yourself well, not try to represent something you believe may "work better" at "finding someone". And also to represent what you are looking for. I mean that's for a more serious relationship though. Not just finding a chick to have some fun with for a date.

Hopefully you can understand what I mean. I may not have been clear enough or put the idea down properly.

Regarding Blocking:

I noticed one individual to have blocked me. I had sent a short icebreaking message. The next day I noticed that the person was online or had viewed my profile. So I went over to my mail, to confirm if I had sent them a mail. I didn't see one, so I thought I was mistaken. So I sent a new short introductory message and system notified me I was blocked. They obviously didn't like me for whatever reason, or else another unrelated thing. Not my concern! And though I feel it may be a bit rude, (to block people who haven't acted negatively to you) it is also, in a sense, good, because if I message them again, I will completely understand they arent interested.It's not subtle! So I then know to waste no more of -my- time, or consideration of them. Blessings in disguise! In that respect, I wish that a block prevents even viewing a profile or seeing them appear in lists. Because, harassment etc aside, it's clearing the undesired, and that just brings you closer to potential matches!

For the record, the main reason I posted this, is simply to increase exposure of my profile lol. Going on the record about this matter was secondary.

To anyone who read all (or even part) of my post, thanks a lot! I hope that my theory/opinion was intriguing to you. Sorry for being long-winded it is one of my faults ;p And please forgive my lack of strict gramatical control. I only care about getting my message across in informal writing, not conforming to the myriad of oftentimes obscure, language structure rules.

-Ken
 Johng9322
Msg: 31
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 1/11/2014 7:28:13 PM
i never block women i simply politely tell them im not interested , some people beed to get off their high horse, no wonder theyre single.
 Johng9322
Msg: 32
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 1/11/2014 7:32:25 PM
youre right, i don't get why women want d heads, if youre nice you' re shunned dont they wanted to be treated like ladies any more? what the hell is going on?
 danifromOZ
Msg: 33
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 1/12/2014 6:59:20 AM
Just FYI

Online dating takes time! I'm here to go on dates and really hope to meet someone.

To save everybody's time I block guys that message me when they don't say any thing about my profile...I just think hey did they even read it?

Or when I have politely say thanks for the email but I don't think we have enough in common and they keep replying.

Also I guy that said he would call and organise a date with me for this weekend and then three days later hadn't called.

Don't think this makes me a bad person or princess.

On the spelling I would I'm dyslexic so I take the time to carefully review my profile and email!

Dani
 SBF76
Msg: 34
view profile
History
im sick of being blocked
Posted: 3/21/2014 8:47:59 AM

still im blocked and cant be unblocked i wish pof didnt have the blocked user thing cause i honestly thing some of the females on here like to use it overly

Come on mate! A girl I met up with had two or three true horror stories to tell - I would've blocked them myself at the speed of light! A block function is essential if someone is getting unpleasant messages, or simply don't want to hear from any particular person again.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > im sick of being blocked