Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Do you have a Car question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do you have a Car questionPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Darn....my car is making this funny sound and well... I thought this was a Mister Fixit type thread....grrrr.

had to check what I put on my profile and for some odd reason...N/A seemed to be a funny enough response...lol

anyhow... I have owned a very nice car...now I own a moldy oldy mommyvan....not the most sexy mode of transport and it's got a dent on the door...not my doing btw...someone else was driving it when that happened..grrrrrr.

maybe the reason for the question is to see how mobile you are, I mean.... let's say some foxy man in ...let me think....throw this out there...sexy man in Spuzzum sees me...and thinks..damn...the woman does not have a car!!! how will we be able to go back and forth and meet? Greyhound?...hitchhiking?.... I mean...from a logistical point of view I guess it matters right?

so...yes...to any sexy, foxy, handsome single men out in Spuzzum... I am mobile.....and have gas in the mommyvan...so call me!
 UdontalwaysGet
Msg: 27
Do you have a Car question
Posted: 7/12/2011 6:32:54 PM
and the confusion was where? to the initial poster
 canadarocks
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/20/2011 1:27:44 AM
I am a bit offended by this comment, just because a person does not have a car/suv/truck/motorcycle ect... or a license, does not me that he is dependent on others. There are many other means of transportation that take a little effort to aquire and hey maybe even some physical labour but do not expell all the toxins and noise into the atmosphere that any of the above mentioned do. And if that does not bother you then there is always the transit system LOL. The point is that I think alot of people miss out on oppritunities to meet amazing people do to simple minded judgements as this one by Schplifford POSTED ON 4/9/2011 7:15pm. Hey by the way not all homeless are drug addicts and derlick, there are many great minds there that have simple given up on society and humanity alike and usually for good reason. You see most wouldn't know cause you have to get past their rough exterior first. I always go back to what I consider the golden rule and if everyone followed it there'd be no need for laws and that is simply "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Done Unto You", need I say more?????
 LucyOnBlack
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:08:41 PM
I personally would not consider a person without a vehicle, merely because I have worked all my life and need transport for work, sooooo, I've always had a vehicle. This is of course my opinion. Shallow maybe.... but true. I do not want to be a taxi service.
The question in my case is just as necessary as in my profile expectations of a man. ....short shaven, financially stable, yadda yadda
 bajanite
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/26/2011 5:35:43 PM
Thank you IslandRaven finally someone who understood the damn question.It's quite simple and a simple 3 yr could figure it out. If you're dating does one person have to do all the driving. If you can't figure that out because you drive a truck or SUV, they have prescribe medication for that.
 Wings_of_a_raven
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/28/2011 9:34:31 AM
The car question is not nearly as confusing as the " do you smoke?" wtf is occasionally? When you drink you smoke? To me that means you smoke. should be a yes or no, that includes weed, chew, cigarettes, cigars and pipe. JMO.
 highgrade_1
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/4/2011 4:05:27 PM
Questions like "Do you have a car?" are typically included in surveys and questionnaires as a means of determining socioeconomic status without offending the participant. I am quite certain that is the true intent of this question. Whether it is judgmental or not, if someone posts that they do 'not' have a car in their profile I am likely to assume they are of a lower SES - unless they live in a large city with ample transit.
 Allanoyed
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/4/2011 4:55:03 PM
to say no because you drive a truck or suv shows a definite lack of intelligence lol. i dont drive but own 2 trucks and an suv, what is my answer? there is all kinds of conclusions a person can make about someone who doesnt drive but you wont really know why til you ask. i saw something about it makes a non-driver dependant on others, thats not always the case. keep an open mind and ask before you assume, not just on this topic
 Allanoyed
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/4/2011 5:21:22 PM
well i wasnt going to get into this but i read too much lol. paddy o lantern hit it right on. what we drive is associated with status, wealth, even sexuality. why? im not going to explain it. we do live in a vast relatively remote land, compared to others, and a vehicle is a neccesity sometimes. do we all need to drive one? have you sat in rush hour traffic in the big cities? what are you going to do when it costs more to drive to work than you can afford? the "i dont drive" comment in my profile weeds out the superficial, brainwashed women i dont want to meet. i take no offence, it saved me some time best spent doing other things
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 7:27:25 PM
Well in that case...... .... I drive an Aston Martin......this week
 Wilf Huckitt
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:08:28 AM
hahahahahaha Sure enough! I have two, but neither of them run!
 stu_underwood
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/5/2011 12:59:43 PM
You had me at Aston..........
 Gitter63
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/6/2011 10:05:42 AM
Living in the boonies like I do (Cranbrook) "Do you have a car?" means that if the guy in Kimberley, Creston or Fernie has a car, I might consider meeting him for coffee.

Thats how I interpret that question.
 oceanloving guy
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/6/2011 2:49:12 PM
And i live within 45 min. of downtown van.yet have no roads to drive on.hence- no car and multiple boats.but it doesn't
ask that and any one who visits never wants to leave
So close but yet so far-then again my crime rate is non-existent
I will just keep phishing cuz somebody has to clue in.
 IslandRaven
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/24/2011 1:48:56 AM
ISLAND RAVEN wrote....
I was surprised to see this question by the OP about a question .....
There is no way someone - a grown adult of average intelligence - could not understand that question and answer no because they had an SUV or a truck ....If I "run" into someone that has I will " run " the other way fast

tdh49 decided to quote and comment ---

If such a simple and obvious question confuses you, then maybe you should not be dating. Maybe you should also make sure you are wearing a helmet when leaving your house and have boy scouts helping you to cross the street.

I mean honesty, can the intent of this question be anymore obvious?.

I just came across this all this time later ,read your respnse to my post in this thread and actually laughed out loud ( you took the trouble to quote me ). Based on the intelligence of your profile I'm somewhat surprised that you would bother with such an idiotic response. Maybe you were confused with the "have a car question" as the OP seemed to be LOL ....either way , it would make you appear much less of an attention seeker if you focused your repiles on the actual thread at hand.
IslandRaven
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:06:22 AM
I have a single-seat human-electric hybrid vehicle and a single-seat electric vehicle. Don't think I could get away with calling either one a car though (one's a recumbent trike with assistive motor, the other is a mobility scooter).

I don't have a driver's license due to a medical condition, but many people seem to think that a driver's license = maturity.

I guess I don't really want to date someone who would feel that way anyway--they're not really worth my time. But it still bothers me.
 IslandRaven
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/27/2011 1:04:38 AM
I don't think driving or having a vehicle is a huge issue on way or the other. The cities we live in are quite well equipped now with trails and transit. Owning a vehicle or driving is ones personal choice and I don't see how it affects if someone will be compatible in terms of dating or the like.

The OP began with confusion over what the question meant , but it seemed some took exception to being judged by having a vehicle or driving. I imagine with good reason as many seem to be judgmental about insignificant things like that. I think it;s a dumb question to have on a profile and frankly I seldom notice .....

I think its a bit of Dr Seuss is in order - Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter
 Mac Write
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2011 2:44:09 AM
I have a permanent ban on driving. But this is due to no fault of my own. So am I a bad person? What do you think of me now, knowing I have a lifetime driving ban, but it wasn't my fault I have the lifetime ban.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 6:42:59 AM
So not sure what to say exactly as I have an SUV but I am in Florida and thinking of moving to Surrey for work and brother lives there. Did a check and driving distance is over 2 days. Brother said he had an extra vehicle I can use so better to just leave mine here. Problem is, the extra vehicle he has is a mini van. Not sure what women would think if I showed up on a date with that lol...
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 7:49:12 AM
The Driving distance from BC to Florida?

I'd be really surprised if anybody could make that trip in two days, unless you don't plan to sleep for those two days.

I moved from Ontario to BC and if I were to drive back, I'd expect to take a week at least, and it's not even as long a distance as Florida ---> BC.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 11:00:40 AM
Well 2 days of actual driving. About 3100 miles... So I'm pretty sure I'm going to just fly although I will miss my suv.
 WideAwake2012
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2011 10:01:40 PM
Driving from BC to Fl that's harsh, that gotta take a few days at least. My Ex lived in OH and driving to FL took 16 hours i think.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2011 5:43:10 AM

I moved from Ontario to BC and if I were to drive back, I'd expect to take a week at least, and it's not even as long a distance as Florida ---> BC.

True, but you do save a lot of time going through the US, not having to go around the Great Lakes.

I think it was about 5 days when we moved back out here in '98 from Toronto. But more like 7 days when we moved from BC to Ottawa in '83.
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2011 10:29:48 AM
I drive a really sporty Acura car. Love it. Don't really have any car questions. I'm pretty good with cars as is. I do most the simple things like, oil changes, tune ups, and detailing. Can do a few other things. It just easier taking it to my mechanic than spending hours on end at it myself.

Yes, it takes 7 days to drive from Vancouver, British Columbia to Miami, Florida. It a long drive.
 Runs With Wolves
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/13/2011 2:09:56 PM
I have a friend who was offered a sale of a 1991 Toyota Corolla, 35,000 kilometres. The owner does not know what the price ‘should’ be. We have looked on line but puzzled because of the low ‘mileage’. What should she offer?
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Do you have a Car question