Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > One minute he likes me the next.......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Helen0426
Msg: 26
One minute he likes me the next.......Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

I'm quite introverted in that I really don't like to be around people much...

That's misanthropy, abelian, not introversion. They're very different.
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 27
One minute he likes me the next.......
Posted: 4/19/2011 9:43:29 AM
Maybe you 'require' more attention than he wants to give?
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2011 10:01:44 AM
LOL..the guy's 36 and she's 22. A world apart. Most 22 year old girls give me a massive headache after about 15 minutes - perhaps he's experiencing the same thing?
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/19/2011 10:46:11 AM
If he's only 'nice' to you when it means he's gonna 'get' something in return ("hot and heavy"?) Then it would appear that he's just after a physical thing with you... someone who really cares for another treats them with respect and kindness, imo .
Agree. You shouldn't let him treat you like this. His attention to you should be consistent, not on and off. You are worthy of more respect.

Botton line... If someone isn't treating you the way you want to be treated just move on and find someone who does
Absolutely!!
 ladyc4
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2011 10:52:49 AM
OP, if you don't like the way he's behaving, or it confuses/upsets you, then stop seeing him. Leave it up to him to contact you-there are a lot of people who don't like texting/webcam /skype/endless emails/IMs/phone calls.
But I agree with others who suspect he's being manipulative, playing "come here, no, go away" to get into your pants.
Cindy O
 ComplekCity
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/19/2011 11:04:26 AM

one minute he seems totally interested the next he is pulling away and acting like a real jerk.

Sounds like he read one of those " How to keep her wanting more " books and is following it step by step.
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/19/2011 11:17:16 AM
Why are you Skyping? Does he live far away? Is this a long distance relationship? And when you say he seems annoyed with you - how many times a day are you reaching out to him?
 beachdancer
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/20/2011 10:00:06 PM
my experience: if a guy is ambiguous, move on. It is just a matter of time before he does.
 Anyoneuwantmetobe
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/21/2011 1:11:31 AM
Hi Lindsay,

Well my opinion is that you should ban his messages. If he is playing mind games with you so soon, he is not worth letting him in emotionally. My experiences on here have been very varied and why is it us women think its something we have done. Most probably he has issues - that he is generating on to you. Its a bit wide world out there, don't waste your time any longer - make new friends - if he wants he can chase you. Always remember that when I was younger, I used to treat them mean and they were alway chasing. Now I'm older, I've just become too understanding. Lynette x
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/21/2011 2:21:57 AM
Dont waste time trying to figure him out.
You do not like the way you are being treated, it does not make you feel good.
Sooooooo........move on.

I would guess one of 3 things:

He isnt 100% interested.........move on

He has a mood disorder or thrives on playing games/creating drama.....dont just move on but RUN like hell.

Or, thats just the way he is, and he simply isnt living up to your expectations/standards.....move on.

People are strange, just like Jim Morrison said.

At your age honey, you have the world by the balls, no need to stress over one guy, there are many many more out there to date and get to know, ancd you will find the one that is a good fit for you when the time is meant for it to happen.
 abelian
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/21/2011 5:58:35 AM

That's misanthropy, abelian, not introversion.

It's not misanthropy. I don't dislike people. I just don't want people I don't know to bother me unless they have something to say that I would find really interesting, which is generally not the case.
 carolann0308
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2011 7:30:06 AM
He's very interested in fooling around with you, that covers at most 15 minutes a day. It's the other 23 hours and 45 minutes a day he has little interest in pursuing with you.
Hot and heavy usually burns out very quickly.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/21/2011 7:43:20 AM
Some of us guys don't like the phone or texting!
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/22/2011 12:55:43 AM

he said we are dating but he clearly doesn't want to be in a relationship and I understand that it has only been 3 weeks but I confused on why he keeps playing this stupid mind games with me.
(my bolding)

Lindsay - this sums up what I said in your other threat about this guy. He's told you flat out that he doesn't want a relationship. That's it. Over. Done. He is not playing mind games. He ignores you because he doesn't want to hang out with you much. He just wants some sex every once in a while, and the rest of the time he wants you to STFU.

To him you're just a dumb kid who can't take a hint. Why are you kidding yourself by thinking he's gonna be all lovey-dovey? He's not. He said he doesn't want to be. End of discussion. He will always shut you down, because he doesn't want you to be his girlfriends, he only wants a FB.

Really - why are you asking US when he already told you what he wants?
 Walts
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2011 4:46:26 AM

Really - why are you asking US when he already told you what he wants?

Because it's much easier to label someone instead of actually listening to what someone is saying. Another thing the majority seem to enjoy doing.
 Helen0426
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/30/2011 1:01:23 AM

I just don't want people I don't know to bother me unless they have something to say that I would find really interesting, which is generally not the case.

You're right, that isn't misanthropy, it's... well, sadly realistic.

But what you originally described, "I'm quite introverted in that I really don't like to be around people much...," as I said, that's misanthropy, not introversion. You're doing well in life generally, so obviously it isn't crippling you any, but it's true nonetheless.

Introversion is self-examination. Not liking to be around people is misanthropy.

Editing to add, to the original topic by LindsayPierce: Please read post #19. I re-read it and I don't have anything to add. I'm sorry it looks so bad, but it really does.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/30/2011 6:27:21 PM
Are you blowing up his phone? Why not just sit back and wait on him to come around. You may realize that you are the only one maintaining the relationship. If your constantly seeking him out, he never has to find you. Chill, just relax, let him do some of the work. If he doesn't.... there is your answer.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > One minute he likes me the next.......