Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in your 70s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TryAgan
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70iesPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^

Without trying to be funny, I enjoy sex. What's the best and quickest way to find an age-appropriate club or senior's group?

You could announce right here on Ontario forum a trip on Polar Bear Express for a group of like-minded people.
They can hook up extra cars as needed.
 Manysmiles22
Msg: 52
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 11/27/2011 9:39:02 PM
I'm on here because women over 60 definitely outnumber men! Period! It isn't that I can't attract them. I can't find them. I am 66. Some of the men I have met in their early 70's can give much younger men a run for their money. The one I would have married was diagnosed with cancer almost as soon as we met & has since died.

I've found in the few total months I've actually been online & dating, that my best bet is guys about 3 to 5 years younger than I am. Like many other "older women", I have had guys in their mid-30's beg for sex. I've also been by-passed by guys my age who want younger women. The youngest guy I have been willing to date was 15 years younger. We have become friends.

While many men in their 60's & 70's think that having a younger woman will help them regain their lost youth, there are some great guys who like mature women for who they are & realize that age is only a number. The problem is that there aren't very many of them & the good ones get snatched up quickly--or they don't live near those of us who would appreciate them!!
 ohenryx
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 11/28/2011 7:23:30 AM

Manysmiles22:

I'm on here because women over 60 definitely outnumber men! Period! It isn't that I can't attract them. I can't find them.

I have not seen any solid evidence of that, but my own experiences seem to bear it out. I am not and have never been handsome, or “hot”. Women have never thrown themselves at me. But here I am, at the age of 60, and I find it easier to get a date than ever before in my life.

But at the same time, harder to make a connection with anyone. I have gone on a great many initial meetings, the great majority of which do not lead to a second date. I just try to enjoy the initial meetings, and hope for the best.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 54
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 7:30:19 AM
There must be lots of woman her age around that can keep her company.
OMG how much fun is that, spending all your time hanging out with a bunch of old women? Something to look forward to. Not. She should just date younger men.

have gone on a great many initial meetings, the great majority of which do not lead to a second date. I just try to enjoy the initial meetings, and hope for the best.
Just out of curiousity, why do you think all this dating is not resulting in a 'connection'?
 Moonchild51
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 7:38:16 AM
Just out of curiousity, why do you think all this dating is not resulting in a 'connection'?

^^Could be any number of reasons "why" they didn't result in a connection. I have been on a few myself, most with ending with a hug and thanks for meeting up. Your post infers something is wrong with someone if they have a fair number of meets without results. Based on your statement, I must be one f-d up mess!

OT: Dating into your 70's? Heck, why not if you are able! Just like anything else, we may be older but as long as we have the ability, go for it!
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 56
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 7:48:13 AM
Your post infers something is wrong with someone if they have a fair number of meets without results.
No, my statement did not imply there was anything wrong with the person to whom it was addressed. You are reading that into it. I am truly curious why he is getting a lot of first meets but no second date. Was not implying anything about him but about the situation as it is being talked about here, that men his age are so much in demand, yet the meets are not turning into further dating. Maybe it's the women he is meeting. Maybe they are undesirable, or maybe they are too picky. Who knows? That's why I was asking.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 7:52:42 AM
Could be that when he explains his interest in finding a woman that is interested in making love 3 times a day that it scares them off. Happens to me all the time!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 7:53:13 AM
Winter, thanks for the clarification. Guess you could read your statement both ways, yours and mine. And you do have some good reasons for the no connection. All these things factor into a relationship, but they have to be for both sides, which overall, is what I think makes online dating difficult. Hard to get both parties to "fit" no matter what the age...least that is how I see it.
 liketo
Msg: 59
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 4:27:10 PM
Molly, sometimes it is the "genes" also. Some families are ridden with cancer. I live in Canada, and a Doctor told me the average man only makes it to 65 years. Hence, all the widows in their 60's.

I have a long living family, Dad's sister 102 years. Mom, 98 years. No cancer.

I think we should be able to post our health score, and then my old 71 years could look appealing. I enjoy water skiing, slalom or double, can walk up and down big hills, and i build and maintain web sites for younger people .

I see the same ladies on the meet me page , and many should be matched up. Are they too particular , too afraid to meet, looking for the allusive but best male? Is there any solution, any way we can have a nuance of our minds?
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 60
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 6:21:42 PM

I live in Canada, and a Doctor told me the average man only makes it to 65 years.
Your doctor is wrong. The life expectancy for men is more like 75 and getting older. In fact, the life expectancy stats for men and women are becoming much closer, now only about 5 years difference. Each year, stats show men are now living nearly as long as women. It is actually a myth that there are so few men in the age range of 60-70. In nursing homes, most people nowadays are well over those ages, which may be why there are a lot more women. The people in nursing homes are from earlier generations. It really isn't an issue of there not being men in this age range: I see them all the time and they are very noticable because I notice them looking at me, checking me out. The main problem is that they are often physically undesirable or, when you get to know them, they think like 'old men,' imo. Which has been described by the OP and other women posters who do not want to hang out all day and night in the Lazy Boys watching the Price is Right.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 61
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 8:17:39 PM
I live in Canada, and a Doctor told me the average man only makes it to 65 years. Hence, all the widows in their 60's.
liketo, message 59:

In Canada the male life expectancyis 78.3. Maybe it's your doctor's patients that only make it to 65. If I were you, I'd get another doctor.
 ohenryx
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 8:46:34 PM

WinterWithFLowers said:

MoonChild51:
Your post infers something is wrong with someone if they have a fair number of meets without results.

WinterWithFlowers:
I am truly curious why he is getting a lot of first meets but no second date. Was not implying anything about him but about the situation as it is being talked about here, that men his age are so much in demand, yet the meets are not turning into further dating. Maybe it's the women he is meeting. Maybe they are undesirable, or maybe they are too picky. Who knows? That's why I was asking.

Fifty initial meetings with fifty different women, fifty different reasons why it didn’t go further.

Sometimes there is just no magic at all, for either party. Sometimes I want to go further, but when I try, she really doesn’t want the same. Sometimes I feel the lady would be interested, but something happens that drives me away. I met one woman who was an auditor. At the end of the initial meeting, I felt like I had been audited. (smile)

I met one woman who is in a position of authority over many people. She bossed me around, or tried to, on the initial meeting. “That’s enough talk about cars.” No polite change of subjects, just a flat statement.

I have met women who were at least 10 to 15 years older than their profile and pictures indicated. While I am fairly open about such things, and date as many women who are older than me as those who are younger, 75 is a l-i-t-t-l-e too far.

I just posted two nights ago about feeling a bit melancholy. I had just gotten home from a second date with a woman for whom I felt some excitement, and she indicated no third date was going to happen. Made me a little sad, but I’m back on here, swinging at the ball again. It is hard to find that excitement, and when you do, you need a lot of luck for the other party to feel the same excitement.
 TryAgan
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/28/2011 9:22:31 PM

In Canada the male life expectancyis 78.3. Maybe it's your doctor's patients that only make it to 65. If I were you, I'd get another doctor.

In that area, it could be prolongued exposure to the Chinook winds. Or too many Tim Horton donoughts.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70ies
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:44:24 PM
at my last EKG stress test w/sonogram of my heart ... my cardiologist said I was in the high 90th percentile of health for those of my age and said he wouldn't be surprised if I made it to my 120th birthday ... I said I expected HIM to be there, taking care of me ... and he agreed he would be ... (the man's 2 years older than I am!)

genes certainly ... life style, too ... luck ... choices ... attitudes ... everything factors into it ...

now that I've learned I'm going to probably live so long ... I'm gonna have to find more interesting things to do!
 TuffGuy666
Msg: 65
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:46:14 PM
What? No nice elderly gentleman at the bingo parlor?
 liketo
Msg: 66
Dating in your 70s
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:55:56 AM

In that area, it could be prolongued exposure to the Chinook winds. Or too many Tim Horton donoughts.

That is just too funny! Batten down the hatches, and hold on to our sanity,and good fish'in.
 nativerock
Msg: 67
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 11:30:03 AM

According to what most men have told me that I meet from here at dances they say most women do not bother to respond.. So I am not sure how much dating is really going on.. I think in reality most just take a look at his picture and profile and delete their emails..

Others might meet and find an ex still in the picture, or a gent close to living on a park bench if one of their children had not taken them in..

Rags for clothes and dirty fingernails will not get takers..
 rearguard*2
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 12:45:19 PM
^^^^^^Champagne tastes........
 ohenryx
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:33:10 PM

nativerock said:

I think in reality most just take a look at his picture and profile and delete their emails..

The majority of my initial messages never receive a response, this is true. But that is just a numbers game. If you are in a large metropolitan area, just send out more initial messages.

Others might meet and find an ex still in the picture, or a gent close to living on a park bench if one of their children had not taken them in..

Rags for clothes and dirty fingernails will not get takers..

There is no ex in the picture, I own my own home (paid for, no mortgage), and my fingernails are clean. Granted, I do not spend a lot of money on clothes, nowhere near what most women spend, but I dress neatly, in clean clothes. Perhaps that is why I can find many opportunities for initial meetings?

But the question here is, “Why do all of these initial meetings result in so few ‘connections’?”

Sometime I reject the woman, sometimes she rejects me. Sometimes we just bore each other. We are all getting harder to please, more set in our ways, as we get older.

And perhaps it has just a little to do with what rearguard has mentioned. I do bring up the subject of sex. Politely, with decent manners. I don't expect sex on the first meeting, or on the first date, or by any time table. But I do expect to enjoy a healthy sex life with any woman whom I was to date. I'm sure this has run off a few potential connections.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:37:54 PM
...Oh please, please. I'm desperately hoping that I'm still not on a dating site in my 70's. Or worse yet, (I've just had a visual)...me in some damn nursing home chasing after the males in my walker.

...mae
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 71
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:52:28 PM
I do bring up the subject of sex. Politely, with decent manners....But I do expect to enjoy a healthy sex life with any woman whom I was to date. I'm sure this has run off a few potential connections
I don't know in what way or under what circumstances you "bring up the subject of sex." I have never had a man do that--ask me in the initial getting to know you phase if I was a woman who was 'still' interested in sex. First off, this question is insulting. It strongly implies you believe the myth that most or many women past menopause no longer have any interest in sex. Simply isn't so and I would be insulted by the stereotype. Also, it is just crass to make asking if you are looking for a relationship with sex as part of the 'interview process' some people do on the first or second meeting. As you get to know someone, I think it is very clear very early on if they find you attractive and they are a sexual person. You don't need to make it an issue, no more than we made it an issue before menopause or when we were much younger. And the way you bring it up "I do expect." It's like a demand. It sounds really awful, no matter how "politely" you think you are doing it. Therefore, it is my assessment that you may be turning a lot of women off, not because they are not interested in sex and you are but because your behavior is rude and insulting and pretty crass, as they would see it. Again, I have never had a man ask me implicitly or explicitly if I were still interested in sex. He could tell whether or not I was attracted to him by how I responded to him, his presence, not necessarily any physical contact, and he never seemed to assumed I was a woman no longer interested in sex, though I do not do sex chat or sex talk or naughty flirtation or anything like that.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:10:28 PM
ohenryx ...

no matter HOW politely or with decent manners you "bring up the subject of sex" ... that's the kiss of death to any potential relationship for me ... and I'm REALLY interested in that topic ... but ... to politely with good manners bring it up ... noooo ... not happening ...

like Winter said ... you use your powers of observation, look at the body language ... you should be able to TELL whether the woman is intrested ...

a man I was meeting for the 1st time showed up about 10 minutes late ... no biggie ... he was relatively surley ... ehhh ... I can maybe live with that ...

he was somewhat rude to the waiter ... now, THAT'S a red flag ... but ... ya know ... give him a chance, maybe he's nervous ...

THEN he INFORMED me that I had a free pass for tonight but he would EXPECT sex on any and all subsequent dates ... he EVEN had the good manners to tell me how pretty I was ... but ... nooooo ... it doesn't work that way ...

I'd prefer to know more about a man that the little he submitted before I'd put myself in a position of being expected to "put out" on the 2nd date ...

pathetic ... the guys in high school had more idea of how to act on a 1st date ...
 ohenryx
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 8:56:30 PM
I'm sure that some women are going to have negative reactions. And that's okay, really. If you can't discuss sex like a rational adult, then we are not a match. Just that simple. Many women can, many women can't or won't. I'm only interested in the women who can.
 TryAgan
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:17:28 PM

If you can't discuss sex like a rational adult, then we are not a match. Just that simple.

All I can say, it's much more fun doing it than discussing it.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 75
Dateing in your 70iest
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:17:32 PM
If you can't discuss sex like a rational adult....
I discuss sex. Have never had any problems discussing sex. I said I don't do sex chat or flirting for titillation. And I don't discuss it with a man I've just met on a first or second date, especially not as part of 'the interview' for him to find out if I'm one of 'those post menopausal women who no longer like sex.' You apparently want to ignore the real point of what I was saying. I gave you good advice. But please, feel free to ignore it and continue to go on countless meets that go nowhere. In all honesty, imo, a 60+ year old man who cannot figure out if a woman is a sexual being after spending some time with her has major issues. I can see that a teenage boy might need to have it spelled out for him, but a mature, experienced man shouldn't need that. And I imagine it is offensive to sit down with someone on a meet and be told you need to verify now if you are a sexual being because I don't want to waste any of my precious time with you if you are not. Crude and offensive. A mature, experienced man should not need to do that. As well, the woman at that point may not even know if she is interested in you or attacted to you. She may be very seriously wanting a man with whom to have a sexual relationship but not sure at all you would be that man. Subtlty and class go a long, long way.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in your 70s