Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do all single moms have problems with dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Do all single moms have problems with dating?Page 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
^^My aunt lives in Diamond Bar. That is only about 15 min. from me, Im in Yorba Linda. We had the freeway complex fires here in Nov 2008. Real bad. Destroyed tons of homes and in all surrounding areas...Corona, Diamond Bar, Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, Brea. My daughters friends lost their homes. We were on volunteer evac, but luckily were ok. School was cancelled. Sheriff's Dept had blocked off our street. It was crazy.
I mainly grew up in LA County, but have lived here for almost 4 years. When I get my annual Dland passes back, we will be going tons. My dream vacation would be a Disney cruise. I know my daughter would love it. We both would love a Florida vacation. DWorld is our first stop!
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 227
Do all single moms have problems with dating?
Posted: 11/9/2011 10:54:48 AM
OK, guys, we have a bunch of American babes wanting to move up here to Canada. The thing to do, is to encourage 'em...

Arlo...

(Canada is a resource-rich land, but for some reason we never have enough pretty girls...)
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 11:03:55 AM
But you have that show, Rookie Blue. Loove it...it needs to hurry up and start a new season. I just dont get why they wear their bullet proof vests OVER their uniforms. I was told it was a Canadian thing, eh? lol
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 229
Posted: 11/9/2011 11:32:39 AM
Well they started the second season and its been renewed for a third, who knew a Canadian show would be hit with the Americans? wow

Time for a peameal bacon and egg sandwich on Canadian rye bread, and a Maple Cinnamon bagel at Timmies yummmmm

Hey its better than KFC yes?
 Te_Mangoroa
Msg: 230
Posted: 11/9/2011 11:38:57 AM
Hey Arlo,

There are still a few of us decent looking Canadian girls around ;)
 hammertownguy62
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 12:27:09 PM

Hey Arlo,

There are still a few of us decent looking Canadian girls around ;)

Not enough in Ontario ...

Perfer .... Cafeword .... and Army

Farmville ... hmmmmm
 ontario_woman
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 12:55:56 PM
Hey! I'm in Ontario and I haven't broken any mirrors...recently! LOL
 ForumFlashLight
Msg: 233
Posted: 11/9/2011 4:58:00 PM
OK...I HAVE to ask...

WHAT is peameal bacon?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 234
Posted: 11/9/2011 5:13:17 PM
(Te Mangoroa) There are still a few of us decent looking Canadian girls around ;)

Yes, indeedy, there sure are! I was just sharing one of the principles of Arlo-nomics, which states that babes are like money: you can never have enough...

(ontario_woman) Hey! I'm in Ontario and I haven't broken any mirrors...recently! LOL

And... and you have long hair, in braids. That's one of the things that can bring me to my knees... [ /swoon ]

Arlo...
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 235
Posted: 11/9/2011 6:52:17 PM
I forgot you're in the US Starledbylight, its a type of bacon that is juicier, tastier than regular bacon and not as fattening as regular bacon.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2011 12:49:59 PM

who knew a Canadian show would be hit with the Americans?

LOL...I still think Southland is better. More realistic
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 237
Posted: 11/10/2011 3:39:19 PM
I just dont get why they wear their bullet proof vests OVER their uniforms. I was told it was a Canadian thing, eh? lol

Ah, it's just that our cops are buff enough that they don't have to fake it by wearing their vests under their shirts.....

If you don't like cold, come to the west coast. Shit, we usually have flowers coming up by the end of January on Vancouver Island. The rest of Canada is covered in snow from September till the end of July, typically, but not here in Paradise.....

And... if you want some REALLY good Canadain shows, check out "22 Minutes", "Corner Gas" and "Rick Mercer Report". A great Canadian private eye show is "The Republic of Doyle".....

ForumFlashLight
Msg: 238
Posted: 11/10/2011 10:49:41 PM
Thanks Ice. I still want to know why it's called Peameal bacon. What does that mean?

So, Capitano, you're saying Vancouver is where it's at.

Ok. I am all for it. Let's escape the drought of the entire southern US and go to Vancouver.

Single moms, let's all meet in one spot, this way we can establish an American colony and get the place figured out.

After that, we will branch out and hunt down our Canadians.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:47:07 AM
its the fatback...alot leaner.
I think its called that, because around the edges, it is covered with a cornmeal of sort.
Im still trying to find out how I can get it to California
 TheLexxii
Msg: 240
Posted: 11/11/2011 8:40:35 AM
My only challenge is time and since it is so limited, I'm very decided and specific about what I want and selective about who I date. When we decide what we want and stay committed to our goal, we can accomplish great things.

All the best to all of you on your journey...

~T
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 241
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:00:50 AM
Rivergirl, i think Diamond Bar is a really lovely area.

I also love the hustle & bustle of Los Angeles, the culture, the vibe, the atmosphere, but hated the feeling of having to lock & deadbolt all my doors & not walk alone when enaring dark. (When i moved to Key West, FL.........i fell in love with how everyone left their doors open all day & night, & everypne in town was like one big family.

San Diego was lovely, if i ever went back to CA i would live there again.
 OMGyaa
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:26:47 AM
If you don't like cold, come to the west coast. Shit, we usually have flowers coming up by the end of January on Vancouver Island. The rest of Canada is covered in snow from September till the end of July

Wow , I hope you were kidding because if you weren't you really need to get off the island and check out more of our great country . Most of Canada does not have that long of a snow season ( mid Dec to mid March is typical for most people in Canada) . If you check a map you will notice that southern Ontario is south of a few of the northern US states and for those living around lake Ontario the weather is a bit milder and gets less annual snowfall then a lot of the northern US.

Although , Victoria and Vancouver are beautiful I could not live there myself due to lack of sunshine ( at least in the Vancouver area) . To me southern Ontario is much nicer , warmer weather, lots of interesting places to go and natural diversity . Niagara falls and the wineries are great for example.

Grrrrr now I have to go buy some peameal bacon today... thanks Ice
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 2:27:01 PM
I found a website that you can buy Peameal bacon online from, directly from Canada

So far, the cheapest Ive found is a 2.5 lb. chub for about $43
 OMGyaa
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 2:43:52 PM
You can always try and ask a local butcher to make it or possibly try and make it yourself ( there are recipies online) . It wont be the same but is suppose to be similar .

I just bought some peameal bacon myself and plan on having some for breakfast on the weekend.

Iceman should be excited they just found some old colonel Sander's recipies and will release them online . Guess you will be able to make your own KFC in the comforts of your own home.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 245
Posted: 11/11/2011 5:38:08 PM

Wow , I hope you were kidding because if you weren't you really need to get off the island and check out more of our great country . Most of Canada does not have that long of a snow season ( mid Dec to mid March is typical for most people in Canada) .

Dude, I've spent winters in Montreal, Churchill, Winnipeg, Alberta and I grew up in Northern BC. I've been more than a few places and know all about seasons in various places.

Maybe you should check out a west coast winter. Believe it or not, it doesn't rain every day, and when it does, you don't have to shovel it.

And, yeah, flowers do start sprouting in January.

So, Capitano, you're saying Vancouver is where it's at.

Well, Vancouver's great, but I live on the east coast of Vancouver Island. I can look out any clear day and see Vancouver across the Strait. I look over there and I'm happy I don't live there any more. The Island is much nicer than the Lower Mainland weather-wise.

Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 246
Posted: 11/11/2011 7:00:06 PM

Iceman should be excited they just found some old colonel Sander's recipies and will release them online . Guess you will be able to make your own KFC in the comforts of your own home.
yeah I will doing that as Im watching the Maple Leafs play and make the play offs and win the stanley cup, yeah I will wear my winter coat as hell just froze over
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 247
Posted: 11/11/2011 7:47:29 PM

"22 Minutes", "Corner Gas" and "Rick Mercer Report".

Amazing shows!

You forgot the Red Green Show.

Along with that we ship over some fantastic comedians to the States.

I met Rick Mercer a couple years back.
He came out to tape my buddies side car racing.
Nice guy ... little short tho.

Every time I go through Midway Airport in Chicago
I have to laugh at the statues of the Blues Brothers.
Do the Americans not realize that Dan Akrod and John Belushie are Canadians?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 248
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:23:01 AM

(cdn_iceman) I forgot you're in the US Starledbylight, its a type of bacon that is juicier, tastier than regular bacon and not as fattening as regular bacon.

*sigh* The PROPER response would have been, "Peameal bacon is served by Canadian men to lovely American women who are guests in our beautiful country."

Sheesh...

Arlo...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 249
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:25:56 AM

(5150Rivergirl) I found a website that you can buy Peameal bacon online from, directly from Canada

So far, the cheapest Ive found is a 2.5 lb. chub for about $43

Yeah, but you need a Canadian to cook it...

Arlo...
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 250
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:31:44 AM

Do the Americans not realize that Dan Akrod and John Belushie are Canadians?

.... Belushi wasn't Canadian.

Jim Carrey is as are/were: Tommy Chong, Mike Myers, John Candy, Eugene Levy, Leslie Neilsen, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short.....

Comedy is one of our greastest exports...

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do all single moms have problems with dating?