Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > London is Burning [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shiningblackstar
Msg: 326
view profile
History
London is BurningPage 14 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
excellent posts okay234. origanally i was disagreeing with you when you said 99.9999999 of whites are racist. but when you get majority of whites on here jumping down your throat asking you to defend evrything a blackman has ever done wrong in the world and the same whites openely championing EDL,BNP both led by convicted criminals and the amount of times enoch powel has been mentioned.
have you noticed no white person says anything about the racicst crap posted by whites on here i wonder why?
wheres the thread about the white christian EDL loving terrorist from norway?
 garyzac
Msg: 327
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:48:46 AM

Of course, it could be 'skewed' by the fact that you're about 7 x as likely to be stopped if you're diagnosed as belonging to a "particular ethnic group".

Only by someone who doesn't understand that someone who is in prison has already been convicted of a crime.

Did you bother to read the statement you quoted? It clearly refers to convictions resulting in a custodial sentence, not suspicions aroused by someone's ethnicity.

Not from where I'm standing.

If any of my posts are factually incorrect, feel free to correct then rather than making childish comments, although I notice you always appear to have difficulty correcting me.

The figures I provided came from the Ministry of Justice, so 'Good Luck' with that!

I can't think of a single friend who looks remotely like me....

Should they be grateful?

You appear to have forgotten (once again) what you wrote earlier:

I'm afraid I can't see what a person's genetically inherited appearance has to do with this.

It was a reference to a person's ethnicity, given that it is genetically inherited, despite the best efforts of certain racists to distance themselves from their own ethnicity.

Have you any evidence, in the form of peer-reviewed studies, which support this assertion..?

The assertion being that those of a similar generitcally-inherited appearance tend to associate with each other.

Certainly!

Here's what wiki says about England's Turks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_the_United_Kingdom#Turkish_Cypriot_population

and its Bangladeshis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladeshis_in_the_UK

Note the sections with regard to demographics and culture.

>have you noticed no white person says anything about the racicst crap posted by whites on here i wonder why?

There hasn't been a single racist comment made by anyone other than by the poster you praised.

EDIT VVVVVVVVVVVVV

I think poster you will find a number of WHITE skinned posters on this site who abhor racism, bigotry and xenophibia. Please do not tar everyone with the same brush. The people who regularly post lightly cloaked racial hatred on this thread and others are no better than the thugs and oiks destroying our city centres. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Well said!

Ignorance should be corrected at every opportunity.
 Emma_Dilemma65
Msg: 328
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:51:56 AM
I think poster you will find a number of WHITE skinned posters on this site who abhor racism, bigotry and xenophibia. Please do not tar everyone with the same brush. The people who regularly post lightly cloaked racial hatred on this thread and others are no better than the thugs and oiks destroying our city centres. Ignorance breeds ignorance.
 mercury_man
Msg: 329
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:55:09 AM
Well I think its lovely that at last black and white scum have got something in common they can do together. namely kicking in shop windows. This is what Paul macca and Stevie could only dream about. Join in everybody....Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony, side by side on my piano keyboard................
 cc7up
Msg: 330
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:55:54 AM
msg 334.

How dare we, The Majority, take exception to the Minority, Who support the erosion of the Customs,Culture and way of life that we ,The Majority,Live by in this country?

You're Damn Right okay234 is getting it in the neck for his views .
 Becks42
Msg: 331
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:56:24 AM
Yes it has been mentioned by me ethnic minorities but okay is pent up and a racist. Ethnic to some people just means black and white. It does not at all....ethnicity is the colour of our skin, where we were born.
 LukeT77
Msg: 332
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:04:57 PM
I really don't want to use up excessive space on this thread so I'm just going to post these links that I find very interesting, insightful and relevant to the recent riots:

This article is aimed at drawing people's attention to the underlying situation in this country of which the riots are most likelt only a relatively-minor early symptom:

http://networkedblogs.com/lsImH

Here is the BBC news reporting a slightly controversial and underreported perspective on the riots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o
 Lusipher
Msg: 333
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:05:18 PM
Let s not get sucked into the racial thing here, or confusing what has happened in the last few days.

Wise words!

Unfortunately, I've got a feeling that the people who should be listening to that, will choose to ignore it. Seeing as they want to just talk about their issues with other races, rather than the rampaging that's going on.

Totenham - was in response to Mark Duggan, and the poor police handling of the whole situation

Tottenham, was just waiting to happen ... and something like the rumours of an unlawful shooting, would be just the kind of thing to fire it off.

It doesn't excuse or justify the events in Tottenham - nothing does - but at least there, it could be (kind of) seen why people were riled up.

People of the community had been trying to let the authorities know just how tense a situation it was in there, but it looks like they weren't taken seriously enough until it was too late. Then again, maybe there was little or nothing that the authorities in question could have done to calms things down, seeing as it's been a tinderbox just waiting to be lit, for bloody ages.

Everywhere else has just been opportunists, taking advantage of a situation. They've seen other people kicking off and getting loads of free stuff, and the useless little cvntpricks have jumped on that bandwagon, as they don't want to "miss out"

The sentences handed out so far, have seemed pretty light. However, do you reckon that the courts had their hands tied, with the duration of sentences they could give out?

Longer sentences for five or 6 people kicking off, is one thing ... but how do you apply those sentences of that length to hundreds, thousands of people. Especially when it seems that we don't really have the prison space for it?

I heard that some London Boroughs were mulling over the idea of, evicting any convicted rioters (if they'd been rioting in their local community) and there's also talk of removing the benefits of rioters too.

Both are strong/firm punishments, but couldn't both of them just encourage affected people, to turn further to a life of crime and harden their stance against the authorities?

VVVVV

why not mete out sentences of being made to clear up the devastation they have caused themselves, or be made to apologise face to face to victims

I believe, the first bit of what you said has been suggested and yes ... they should be made to help clear up the mess that they've made. How would it be enforced though?

As for the latter part, I dunno about other folks, but I find forced apologies insulting. If someone wants to apologise then that's great, but if they've been made to do so .... I'd rather that they'd have just not bothered.
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 334
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:08:58 PM
I've had a brainwave, ding! why not mete out sentences of being made to clear up the devastation they have caused themselves, or be made to apologise face to face to victims,
 oggers
Msg: 335
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:15:35 PM
Lusipher, as I understand it , it depends who is handing out the sentances - magistrates can only hand out short sentences for "burglary" (or something like that). Here in Manc, the magistrates have been handing the case to crown court on charges of 'riot' which can carry up to 20 years ......

Yes, I heard about the potential evictions on the radio today - a few other boroughs up and down the country will consider this as well , apparentley

but as the kid on Sky said last night - what are they gonna do to us? no room in the prisons, and I can live with an asbo .... they have no fear of the consequenses.. so yes, it may well do cause deeper rifts with the authorities
 badge73
Msg: 336
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:16:07 PM

Longer sentences for five or 6 people kicking off, is one thing ... but how do you apply those sentences of that length to hundreds, thousands of people. Especially when it seems that we don't really have the prison space for it?

just a shame we could not export prisoners, sure somewhere nice and comfortable like arabia, china or even do a deal with libya when the rebels take over.

sure ive stated before on either here or another forum, that i would love to see the return of the stocks, or even getting them tattooed with thief across the forehead ..... though in the mean time, liaison with the dwp, immigration and security services.
 Okay234
Msg: 337
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:22:03 PM

Originally Posted By Cinderfreakinella

I am not racist. I have black granchildren, I date black and white men, the love of my life I once I lived with was a black guy.

Everyone has been conditioned to be racist. Black or brown relationships have little effect on white racism. If anything the “I have black grandchildren” or “I have dated black men” argument shows that you do not know much about racism and are blind to it.

People who have REALLY thought about racism, don’t speak like that.

Even whites who marry black or live in black neighbourhoods are racist too. While they tend to have less stereotyped views of blacks, they still hold onto their sense of whiteness and the racist views used to defend it. They still see things from a self-serving white point of view.

Do NOT assume I am racist because I am white. that is your attitude projected onto me.

I don’t think white people wake up and think “You know what I’m gonna do today ? I’m gionna screw black people”

That’s the WHOLE point of racism.

You don’t have to do anything.

The system is already in place.

All you need to do is hold the gates against those who would try to dislodge it, and let them wear themselves out and plus you have help, even when you aren't working hard in your defense of racism. During those lapses, you don't have to work too hard, because your social, political, economic and religious institutions are all constructed to let racism continue to flourish with only minimumattention from you as an individual

And your downfall. You will not change attitudes because of your own attitude. My own family suffer racism, and so have I. It's people like you that perpetuate racism.

You haven’t suffered any racism in your entire life. You are white. White people don’t suffer racism.

Reasonable rational intelligent debate welcomed, but not blatant irrational unfounded racial accusations.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if a database of ready-to-use-canned-arguments-to-pull –when-discussing-race-with-black-people exists somewhere for white people.
Like most white arguments, the spotlight is taken away from the initial problem (Racism) and instead focuses on the alleged hypocrisy of the critic.

So white people NEVER have to ask themselves the hard questions about their own racism. They never have to bother with being introspective about their prejudices. And thus racism continues and thrives, because no one addresses it. This tactic may even increase the level of racism; it effectively labels me as a troublemaker, and fuels the racism even further.

Pretty cool trick ...eh ?

If I point out how off-base whites are, you just think of a thousand and one reasons why this is wrong. Anything but taking a cold, hard, honest look at yourself. You would rather be morally and intellectually dishonest. Deep down whites are FULLY AWARE of racism, Oh sure, you will deny it, but deep down they know full well what is going on and what their part in it is.

Thus the guilt and shame, the quick defensiveness, the blame-shifting. “You are racist” “You have a chip on your shoulder” It is why whites do not like to talk about race (Seriously) Why they do not like to think of themselves as white. "I'm not white I'm Irish / Welsh/ Scottish" Why they are afraid to squarely face up to their own racism. And why they fear black men: no matter how many black men whites lock up you still do not feel safe.

Unearned privilege will always leave a person feeling guilty and not wanting to lose that privilege and the knowledge that actively or passively keeping that privilege is selfish, leads to more guilt. Of course, as long as nobody brings it up, you don’t have to feel guilty, feel the need to defend, deflect, or dismiss. then the anger at having to confront the guilt which leads to attacks and accusations. and then they go back to pretending.

Besides evil is usually considered cooler than racist. I am pretty sure Satanists get laid more often than evangelicals.
 Lusipher
Msg: 338
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:24:56 PM
Oggers, thanks for that ... I wasn't aware of that. That would then explain why some of the protagonists are being sent to different courts, for their sentencing.

Nice one.

Yeah, I heard that audio clip too - as well as a few others of a similar nature - and the little gob$hite might have a point.

Whilst I know my old dear would've dished out a sound thrashing for me doing something like that - she'd do the same thing now, if I had been one of those pricks - and then marched me straight over to the police ... a lot of the parents now, won't be prepared to do such things

They might tell them off and cut off their pocket money or whatever, but when kids don't have a healthy fear of authority ... what effect will punishments like that have?

As a few clips pointed out, some of the people out there are enjoying the fact the police are almost impotent in this situation and are carrying on with this, as they think they can't be touched.

just a shame we could not export prisoners, sure somewhere nice and comfortable like arabia, china or even do a deal with libya when the rebels take over.

sure ive stated before on either here or another forum, that i would love to see the return of the stocks, or even getting them tattooed with thief across the forehead ..... though in the mean time, liaison with the dwp, immigration and security services

Why should other nations have to deal with a problem, of our own making? Why would they even want to, considering how much some people think we interfere with other countries?

I don't think I'll ever agree with the idea of humiliating people as a form of punishment, although I concede that in times such as this, it might be something that could be considered seeing as a lot of the rioters care more about image, than they do about upholding the law.

The latter part of what you said does make sense though ... it would just be a matter of effectively implementing such an idea.

VVVVVVV

<div class='quote'>... they do if they go to Kinstown, Jamaica !!!

It's going to fall on deaf ears, mate.

Like a few people who post on here from time to time, when it comes to matters of race .... nothing you say will ever convince them, of how ignorant and prejudiced they are.

They will use/say whatever is necessary, rape google for whatever facts will backup their stance, ignore opinions that show up the poison in their words.

It's just a bit annoying, that another "darkie" is giving the resident, paler-faced racists, loads of ammunition - even if it is still all pretty fvcking pathetic.

oggers
Msg: 339
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:31:07 PM

White people don’t suffer racism.

... they do if they go to Kinstown, Jamaica !!!
 oggers
Msg: 340
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:33:52 PM

Whilst I know my old dear would've dished out a sound thrashing for me doing something like that - she'd do the same thing now, if I had been one of those pricks - and then marched me straight over to the police ... a lot of the parents now, won't be prepared to do such things

Your mum and mine, Lusipher... but think the "Shameless" type estates ... the parents probably sent the kids out with a shopping list !!
 xxJayceexx
Msg: 341
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:37:07 PM
Okay234
You have a big problem dude , You are the only person who has a problem with being YOU .You are the only one trying to make this thread into something it is NOT , You are the only one accusing people of being racist , when really YOU are being racist towards yourself .Is it not time you stopped the bull about blacks are treated unfairly compared to whites . YOU are the problem ,Not your colour ,and the reason you are the problem is because this debate was about the riots but all you have gone on about is the way the blacks are treated compared to the whites , you even went on about adoption which is totally irrelevant to the riots .Do us all a favour and stop playing on colour .
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 342
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:37:11 PM
You haven’t suffered any racism in your entire life. You are white. White people don’t suffer racism

unbelieveable. Are you white? how would you know?

So racism is only against blacks is it? I've told you way too many personal things already to make my point, I could say more, I could tell how my black 'mother in law' abused me constantly because I was white, I could tell you how I 've been verbally abused by black girls in the ladies toilets because I 'take their men' apparently, I could tell you how my daughters in-laws accused their son of diluting their blood with white blood, I could tell how my beautiful grandchildren were called monkeys, had NF painted on their front door, how all their toys were smashed to pieces when their garden fence got smashed down, but I wont even try to explain, because your mind is closed and you twist what is said to satisfy your hatred.

Keep on topic.
 Lusipher
Msg: 343
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:48:27 PM

Your mum and mine, Lusipher... but think the "Shameless" type estates ... the parents probably sent the kids out with a shopping list !!

Isn't that part of the problem, sometimes?

Some of these people are looked upon as bottom-of-the-barrel scum. They know how they're seen by many people (often without good cause or reason ... just because of how they dress, where they live, etc)

So they just stop giving a fvck about how the rest of society sees them and when something like this happens, whilst many of them will feel anger and shame at what members of their family have done ... it still wouldn't be enough to hand them in. Something that might get them a bit of respect in the eyes of the community, but which (more than likely) will just be seen as justification of the opinion, that these people are scum?
 badge73
Msg: 344
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:50:35 PM

Why should other nations have to deal with a problem, of our own making? Why would they even want to, considering how much some people think we interfere with other countries?

im sure a fair few countries would consider it a decent business arrangement, considering it suits both sides ..... i mean to lock them up costs over 25k a year, so offer a country 15k per prisoner per year, pref somewhere where human rights is not recognized. i dare say after a couple of years crime would come down.

after all i wonder how the little darlings would think about looting if they knew they would get 3 - 5 years in a turkish or thai prison?
 Okay234
Msg: 345
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:02:56 PM

Originally Posted By xxjayceexx

You have a big problem dude , You are the only person who has a problem with being YOU .You are the only one trying to make this thread into something it is NOT , You are the only one accusing people of being racist , when really YOU are being racist towards yourself .Is it not time you stopped the bull about blacks are treated unfairly compared to whites . YOU are the problem ,Not your colour ,and the reason you are the problem is because this debate was about the riots but all you have gone on about is the way the blacks are treated compared to the whites , you even went on about adoption which is totally irrelevant to the riots .Do us all a favour and stop playing on colour.

Debating with you, is gonna be like fighting Zombies, no matter how many times, I smack you down, your just gonna keep coming.

But here goes.....

LISTEN

What seems to bother you is that I don’t talk about black pathologies because they get more than enough attention elsewhere and because I know whites use them to get themselves off the hook : "See, blacks create their own mess – it has nothing to do with us !!"

You see if I was to come in here and I was to talk about come in here black crime stats, black imprisonment, fatherlessness, out-of-wedlock births, drug use and dropping out of high school then all of sudden I would suddenly start to make sense and that would RIGHT up your street and most of the people in pof .

How come I talk so little about black pathologies ? How come I talk about white people so much ?

In an abusive relationship where the husband beats the wife there is much talk about what is wrong with the woman, but almost no talk about what is wrong with the man. His violence is blamed on her : If dinner was on time, if the house was cleaner, etc, then he would not have to hit her.

Is the woman perfect ? No.
Does she have faults ? Maybe.
Should she do better ? Maybe.

But what she does is irrelevant because even if she was perfect. Her troubles would not go away because he would be unchanged. Any person who does you wrong will always says it’s your fault. A man will rape a woman and say he did it because she wore a short skirt.

Thus what black people do is NOT the heart of the matter and given how things are, it only feeds the racism. You see racism in nothing. Because you have narrowed the meaning of the word to just a kind of personal hatred. Because it does not affect you in a bad way. Because you do not want to face up to the racism your lives have been built on.

It seems that what persuades whites in here that they are right and I am wrong is that most people agree with them. But most people, in this case, are white people !!

Why would white people be a better judge of racism in society than black people ? It would be like asking monks about sex or the rich about poverty.

Does that mean that blacks are right about everything they say about racism ? Hardly. But it DOES mean we have a far better understanding of racism than whites do. We have to – we are affected by it more.

But if you do not believe me the worst thing you could do would be to turn to white people or television. What on earth do they they know ? But there are tons and tons of books and blogs written by living, breathing black people and other people of colour. Read those, the more the better, putting yourself into their shoes, and see for yourself how much of this stuff I am making up
 nicktomlinrhys
Msg: 346
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:15:16 PM

lol......................why to Arabia,China or Libya .................?
What have they done to have us interfering in their countries yet again ...?

Especially since the so called " ethnics " concerned have other places they could go such as Austraila or parts south...........................
 xxJayceexx
Msg: 347
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:16:58 PM
Debating with you, is gonna be like fighting Zombies, no matter how many times, I smack you down, your just gonna keep coming.

Problem being your not debating all your telling me is how you think blacks get treated unfairly compared to whites ,if i could see that , then yes i would agree with you , but i dont see that .And also how the blacks have a better understanding than whites on racism .

Why would white people be a better judge of racism in society than black people

And why would black people be a better judge of racism in society than white people?
And what happens if your neither black or white ? who would be the better judge of racism then ?

Does that mean that blacks are right about everything they say about racism ? Hardly. But it DOES mean we have a far better understanding of racism than whites do. We have to – we are affected by it more.

I dont believe blacks have a far better understanding of racism than whites , racism hits all colours not just the blacks .Now i am done answering you as it is irrelevant to the topic of riots .
 Becks42
Msg: 348
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:25:13 PM
Okay plain and simple man you have serious issues here of your own.
Are you white? You tread down us whites why? What is bothering you? We have not done nothing but you throw wild accusations at us and I just read your profile.

HEY POF forum readers read his profile and make of it what you will. Photo is fake says he is white with black hair, and the sex and the killing of his wife admin need to oust him out.
HE IS A FAKE
 xxJayceexx
Msg: 349
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:31:46 PM
HEY POF forum readers read his profile and make of it what you will. Photo is fake says he is white with black hair,

where does he say he is white with black hair ? i see it says caucasian with black hair , caucasian does not mean white .And i think the sex thing and killing of his wife is all in a joke , do you really think someone would come onto a dating site and admit killing someone ?lol
 ronnietat
Msg: 350
London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:32:58 PM
Why should he have to be white?????:................Also. why pull a persons prfile into things???.........................If you dont like his profile .Ignore it!!

Simple !!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > London is Burning [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]