Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > London is Burning [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 51
view profile
History
London is BurningPage 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Message 40 glad you find its funny my kids are terrified

so you would rather be on the internet then looking after them? .......
 deepsibydeexi
Msg: 52
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:02:26 PM
Crikey...I move down to london next week to start a new job :|
 ~Hams~
Msg: 53
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:02:52 PM
I was going to start a topic on this last Saturday
but I didn't as it wasn't anything to do with dating however
as this is now getting serious its time for us all to start condemning these criminals.

Thats what these disgraceful thugs are who are bringing chaos to the streets of London.

There are also young kids out there aged 7 and 8 throwing bricks at the police and looting.

Where are there parents? - I hope they are also sent to prison when the punishments are given out.

I can understand what happened in Tottenham but there is no excuse for whats going on now.

These scum bags out on the streets are just opportunistic criminals out for what they can rob.

I say its time for the army to be deployed on the streets of London with water cannons and rubber bullets.
 xxJayceexx
Msg: 54
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:03:53 PM
I would say expect more of these riots up and down the country , its now to be expected since most police forces have had cuts made, so the rioters can happily riot away and the lack of policing can not control them .
 Bubblegum_1
Msg: 55
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:05:26 PM
they are teenagers ok my youngest just got home before it kicked off for starters so she just missed it......................maybe I should have said we are all scared its too close now and I mean CLOSE!!!!!!!!!
 theangelworeredshoes
Msg: 56
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:13:48 PM
they are teenagers ok my youngest just got home before it kicked off for starters so she just missed it......................maybe I should have said we are all scared its too close now and I mean CLOSE!!!!!!!!!

i hope you all stay safe
 zendy
Msg: 57
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:15:50 PM
I dont live too far from where Duggan was killed and I've seen him in and around Tottenham and ferry Lane estate a few times although I didnt know his name at the time. I heard about the shooting on Friday morning while I was on my way to Northampton for my sisters wedding but I didnt think much of it as killings happen all the time in Tottenham. I was however shocked when I woke up on Sunday Morning to see the riots in the news. Places I know in Tottenham had been burnt.Allied carpets,Tottenham Post office and 2XL centre all up in flames. When I got back to London on sunday night,Tottenham high road was completely blocked off and there was thick smell of burnt wood in the air as well as 'hoodies' hanging about. The entire place was coverred in smashed glass. I have never seen anything like this in London.I was also told by my Taxi driver that another riot was kicking off in Enfield. Even as I type this,a vigil for Mr Duggan is holding not too far away and I can hear someone yelling f**k the Police! on a Bullhorn.Im sleeping with one eye open tonight,thats if I can sleep at all. On the news,the riot has spread to Deptford,Lewisham,Brixton and Peckham. Incredible!
 Bubblegum_1
Msg: 58
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:16:54 PM

i hope you all stay safe

Thank you sweetheart xx
My daughters friend has just text her she lives about a mile from here there are cars on fire in the road where she lives and the whole road is full of teenagers and police they have locked themselves in and are petrified :(
 Just_Tracy
Msg: 59
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:17:04 PM
It's not just Youths that are doing this !!! why do they always get the blame !!! In the pictures and videos i have seen alot of them have been ADULTS ..... Violence is disgusting but i can understand peoples frustrations we are living in a crap country right now, people are losing their homes their livelihoods, their dignity what have they got left ??? This is the sign of things to come.
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 60
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:17:12 PM
bubblegum, tried to message you privately but yoy are not accepting mail from old codgers like me apparently, i hope you are ok, ignore the people that are safe in their homes tonight, take care please
 john1964_0
Msg: 61
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:18:49 PM
FFS there have been threads on here pulling the police to bits for going too far now they aren't going far enough.......

this is organised!! so called local leaders (mostly ethnic) will screw this for as much publicity and government money as they can get!! it's all started by whispers and false rumours by these "leaders".

watch the cry for funding and help and the torrent of screams for more "ethnic" minorities to be heard...

I am not pro European in the slightest but this would have done and dusted in hours had this kicked of in France, Germany etc......the yanks would have shot the wasters!!
 shaneyp
Msg: 62
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:19:37 PM
Cameron is on his way back to the uk,to chair a meeting of COBRA,but i think he's 3 days too bleedin' late!!!!!
 upper_west_side
Msg: 63
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:24:11 PM
Anyone else single and wishing they had someone to cuddle on the couch while watching this unfold?? (hint hint)
 Lusipher
Msg: 64
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:24:38 PM
Just so I know what I'm going to be laughing at later ... is this going to become an anti-youth, anti-ethnic or anti-police thread?

Or a combination of all three?

@msg 63

Smoooooooth.

When life gives you lemons, try and get a shag!
 shaneyp
Msg: 65
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:28:32 PM
Probably all 3 lusipher,but surely you can understand that people are angry and scared in equal amounts?

The country is going down the khazi,and it seems like our police force is inept,or unable to cope with it..........
 Cinderfreakinella
Msg: 66
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:32:07 PM

Just so I know what I'm going to be laughing at later ... is this going to become an anti-youth, anti-ethnic or anti-police thread?

It wasn't meant to be any of those things, and I dont find it a laughing matter, I am half a mile now from rioting, they are coming closer...Londoners are scared in their own homes as we type, and yes I wish I had someone here for support too

gingergeek
Msg: 67
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:32:50 PM
i'm surprised theirs so many shocked people, nobody seen something like this happening eventually? it didn't matter what the subject was, race/religeon/jobs/care (or lack there of)

before people poke me in the eyeballs, i personally have alot of respect for police officers and i know their jobs are lined with red tape and beaurocracy but...

The Police, to be blunt, are a joke. They have massive powers where they possibly shouldn't and not enough power where they should really have it. Not a single motorist has any respect because motorists are hunted down ruthlessly, joe average with his hoodie on the street has no respect because he's targeted every day for wearing the wrong item of clothing and more often than anyone would like to admit it, there are people stopped because they are not white. it doesn't help officers either when the law they are trying to uphold is largely an ass when it gets pushed through to court. They have now been put into that position of damed if you do and damned if you dont.

Mob mentality, why are people rioting? simply because they can. as mentioned it doesn't matter what the subject was, but now it is rolling out of control. I would hazard a guess that alot of the youth (and its not just youth in there) are wanting a crack at the police, its anger vented over a long period of oppression. How often do you see a man (or young man) in a suit get stopped in the street? simple, it doesn't happen, and theirs very few people in suits in the middle of the scraps. if you happen to look like X, and have the behaviors of Y, you are instantly pidgeonholed.

i'm not shocked theirs riots, i don't support action like this. Mindless violence? perhaps. Is their a root cause? hell yes. Because theirs lots of people who have become jobless, homeless, and pushed to the bottom of society and really? when you have nothing, what do you have to loose? So where are their parents?? because parents are totally going to be able to stop what was a pebble rolling down a snowy hill.

In this day and age, everyone is accountable, everyone points the finger. its not me guv, i didn't do anything. we blame politicians, the police, parents. and its terribly convinient for us to do that. perhaps a little too easy to point fingers. It takes a society to raise a child.

So, without banding ideas about immigration, which has already happened, what about the idea of the police state? social control? and of course, freedom.

as i say, the rioting is horrific, but somewhere, their is another side to the story, because the mass media is all for truth and all that, and i believe everything the BBC has to say about it.

Lusipher, i hope id doesn't become an anti-anything, everyone is a kind of -ist at some point in life, wether they realise it or not

Cheers
 Bubblegum_1
Msg: 68
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:32:55 PM
Cinders Ive messaged ya babe xxxxxxx
 Becks42
Msg: 69
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:37:09 PM
Hope it was a good weekend for you with the wedding.
This was a long time planned by gangs in and around london.

My family live near Croydon another poor area of london and seen it go down hill with shootings and stabbings.

Have a hug
 Lusipher
Msg: 70
view profile
History
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:39:49 PM
I can understand being frustrated and angry at idiotic/useless elements, that are coming together to make this situation worse.

Although surely it should only be people living there, who actually have some real idea of what's going on/gone wrong, getting angry about all of this

But, it's ridiculous to start blaming all kids, all members of ethnic minorities, or all coppers ... it's just as retarded, as the people who cry "all men are ba$tards/all women are b1tches" just because thye've been screwed over a few times.

Obviously I'm aware that as far as some people are concerned, if all kids were kept indoors and treated like they were in victorian times; all ethnic types were sent back to their country of historic origin (I will never get tired of laughing at that); police left them alon - as they're perfectly law-abiding - and dealt with all other people (who they believe to be scum), then Britain will become great again and all the Nation's problems would be solved.

... and then they'd come back from Narnia,
 yorkslass
Msg: 71
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:40:37 PM
what are they doing it
 xxJayceexx
Msg: 72
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:41:00 PM
Maybe if the police had been prepared after the warnings they were given , they may have stood a better chance of keeping it under control but instead they ignored the warnings ,typical policing in our society today . like the news said ....
Police have become so sensitive to the issue of race that it is impairing their ability to do the job.
 zendy
Msg: 73
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:41:26 PM
Yeah It was a good weekend at the wedding.One of the greatest honours of my life was to give my sister away at her wedding last saturday. Coming back to North London to see the carnage in Tottenham put a bit of a dampner on things.The sound of Helicopters buzzing over head and the smell of burnt tires still wafting into my room isnt pleasant in the least.
 Becks42
Msg: 74
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:41:54 PM
Yes, feel the same no one to share me views with lol said a few choice words on me own lol
have a hug from me in ramsgate x
 homerlone
Msg: 75
London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 1:50:57 PM
Msg 15 - guess some simpleton had to sum it up that simply.
I think a lot of it is down to the benefit culture in this country - those on benefits reproducing faster than the rest of us - they have no values and little to lose.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > London is Burning [CLOSED FOR REVIEW]