Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you feel about interacial dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sandilynne
Msg: 301
How do you feel about interacial dating?Page 13 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Personally, I prefer to stick to dating those from the HUMAN race. But,...maybe there's something I don't know. Could I be limiting my options? This little guy is actually kind of cute!
 noprz
Msg: 302
How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 6/7/2006 9:28:47 AM
skin is skin if you limit your-self you may never find that someone who will be your everything
 djdodat
Msg: 303
Posted: 6/7/2006 10:39:11 AM
Pollyano,

You bring up a good question... "What are the black women saying?" So, "BLACK" women, where are you and what are you saying? IMHO... I do not think black women accept black men dating outside the race. I would not say black women have it it hardest in our society. Yes in some areas and less in others but that is for another forum. In any case IMHO, I would assume that for every 100 black women, 4 "may" say it is okay for a black man to date others. Go ahead sistahs! debate with me!

DoDat
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 304
Posted: 6/7/2006 10:49:40 AM
Well i think that interracial dating is acceptable to most. I have no problems with it.
Only thing is, you do not see alot of women of other cultures/races dating white men as you do white women dating men of other cultures/races.
My guess is that most women of other cultures date their own more due to religion.
I may be wrong but I do think men of other cultures date white women more than women of other cultures date white men.
Black men/white women is nothing nowadays. It does not even phase me as I have seen it since my days in high school.
I find spanish women attractive and very nice women, but most of them will date their own or black men. Indian women, Trinidadian women, Pakastani women I rarily see dating white men, mostly their own.
I know alot of Italians and Greeks do not date due to the difference in religion, one is catholic and the other orthodox.
I find women of other cultures very attractive but wish they would date us white guys.
Here in Toronto you see alot of Asian women dating white men and alot of white women dating Asian men now.
Like I said I have no problems with dating outside your culture/race as I judge the person on how they are as a person to me, not their culture/race or religion.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 305
Posted: 6/7/2006 11:35:02 AM
I believe that a lot of people have not dated outside their race because the opportunities have not been there. I don't do much AT ALL, and when I go out it's to see old music business friends play, and they typically play in clubs where the crowd is mostly white.

If I met a black woman, or hispanic, native, whatever ethnic flavor, if she was nice her skin color would become invisible.

There is one black woman in my area on this system that I would LOVE to date. We exchanged some emails, but there was no connection and it had nothing to do with ancestry.

I would like to know a woman who respects me, understands that we will not always agree and is okay with that, is intelligent and allows some space in the relationship. Note that none of those items included race. If she is all those things, she could be purple or green for all I care.

Now women who want to date ANY black man because of the stereotype about being better in the sack, that is as racist as anything. I won't do the research, but I have to believe black men get old, have blood pressure issues, prostate issues, diabetes, and as a result suffer from erectile dysfunction like anybody else.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 306
Posted: 6/7/2006 11:39:18 AM
I have no issue with that at all. I am totally open to any race. I can find something special in all races and there is nothing wrong with any race. If the person has a kind heart and is open hearted and non-judgemental and is a good person that is what matters.
 edmguy
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2006 7:57:47 PM
I'll sum it all up for those of us who have a brain.... dating within or outside of race shouldnt be an issue and never was for me... I'm white... my very first kiss was with an east Indian girl. I adored her (well... as much as one can at the age of 12). Since then Ive dated white... black.. asian... mixed race... but mostly white because those are the people I seem to meet in my social circles. I'm open to beautifull people of all races... those that arent are only hurting themselves. The only problems I've ever had dating a different race were religious issues... not so much hers or mine but parental ones. Things have changed a lot in my brief 35 years on the earth and will hopefully continue to improve...
 MetalQueen
Msg: 308
Posted: 7/20/2006 8:04:09 PM
i agree with the above poster. inter-racial dating shouldn't even be a term because to me its the same as a blonde dating a brunette.
 Queen of your Kingdom
Msg: 309
Posted: 7/20/2006 8:08:26 PM
Do you mean one is from the human race and the other is an alien from another planet? Or just different hair, skin and eye colours, maybe a funny accent like French people? I like variety, so all good looking men who are tall enough, intelligent enough, and evolved enough are fair game for me. White to black and everything brown and beige in between, it's all the human race. Inter-racial is a term I haven't heard used in polite company for DECADES? Where ya bin?
 pujakama
Msg: 310
Posted: 7/20/2006 8:28:45 PM
I keep saying this in all the interacial threads.. no reason to stop saying it now.

I love the exotic and diffrent. I grew up in backwater south carolina, very racist part of the world. As a small child i was drawn to redheads... the most exotic and diffrent thing id ever seen.

Even thou my family is mixed (slave owners from before the civil war, mixing with their slaves... some of my ancestors owned some of my other ancestors) They are still pretty pale, and the town considered us white. (hell, most of the local rednecks didnt know and sorta looked up to us as the desendants of plantation owners.) I took a beating for holding a black girls hand in public once. (im sure if they knew my ancestry id have gotten a lot more beatings) This only increased my curiosity, but there were few black girls willing to do anything with me as a pre-teen.

Then.. around my 14th birthday, we moved to florida and I saw a vietnamese girl for the first time. I was FASCINATED! No one had ever told me any of the crap that most people say are the reason white men like asians (submissive, polite, etc) hell, no one ever even explained to me that these people EXISTED! I made up my mind then and there that I was going to get closer to this beauty... and I did. Thus was born an obsession with the diffrent and exotic. Of corse, as i grew I dated girls of all colors.. but if Im in a room with 20 girls I dont know, the asians and Indians are going to the ones I try to flirt with first.

J
 blady
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2006 8:48:58 PM

You bring up a good question... "What are the black women saying?" So, "BLACK" women, where are you and what are you saying? IMHO... I do not think black women accept black men dating outside the race. I would not say black women have it it hardest in our society. Yes in some areas and less in others but that is for another forum. In any case IMHO, I would assume that for every 100 black women, 4 "may" say it is okay for a black man to date others. Go ahead sistahs! debate with me!

@djdodat..In my younger days I would get upset upon seeing a black male/white female couple. I do wonder why brothers are concerned when sisters date white men..if the gander (brother goose) crosses over to the other side of the street many times over..why can't the goose(sister goose) do the same?. Now at 58 I realize that I can't do anything about it..therefore I focus on other things ..I live my life by the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things, I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference!!!:
 ChiTownLeo
Msg: 312
Posted: 7/24/2006 7:47:25 PM
It's nice to say and hear politically correct things like, "skin color doesn't matter," "I don't see color," "love can prevail over race," etc., but the reality is difference in race, religion, ethnicities can cause a lot of problems. This doesn't mean that interracial dating is a bad idea or that it never works but it does mean that you're up for a battle if you're in one. I've dated ppl of all races and religions and found it easier, at the very least, to be with someone who shares my background (this isn't always the case ofcourse, there are other criterias too).

Contrary to what someone might assume, I come from a very liberal and loving family who is very accepting of all ppl, but I haven't found the same in return at times. In fact, while my parents were very accepting and open towards my non-Hindu/ non-Indian boyfriends or friends, some of their families weren't so accepting of my race and religion. I used to put up with it, forgiving and forgetting what their community or family would say but, after a while, I felt that my family and I were being cheated out of the respect we were giving. This always shocks ppl to hear because apparently there's a myth being circulated that Indian Hindus aren't accepting of their children dating outside the race/ religion, but I have experienced more of this closemindedness from black Americans and many Muslims. I've also noticed that, with the exception of a few pricks, my community is pretty open minded once they get used to the idea of someone from within the community dating/marrying an outsider. Ofcourse this doesn't apply to all Indians. I'm only speaking of the ppl I've come across in my direct community (which varies greatly from one Indian group to the next).

Everytime I come across racial/ religious hatered, I thank my lucky stars for having an awesome family who raised me to be respectful of others and be proud of what I am. I still give ppl of all races and religions a chance but now I'm less forgiving of any hatered that I might receive from anyone's family or community.
 femalegirlwoman
Msg: 313
Posted: 7/24/2006 10:15:01 PM
sorry to go off topic but, Becky B, you should get a friend to contact his dad and use a different name but your phone number and he'll probably call wondering who it is.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 314
Posted: 7/30/2006 2:08:40 AM
Very good post chitownleo. That's one reason why I've preferred to date within my race/ethnicity. You never know how the other people in their life and yours are going to handle it.

But then again, I'm in love with a girl from Central Asia. It's funny, because when I first saw her, I had no idea what nationality she was. First I thought she was Arabic, then Latina, then Italian. But I don't care. If anything it endears me to her even more. She's different. I've never met a girl like her before.

Eh, maybe it's not meant to be. I know she's a Muslim. Maybe her parents won't approve of me. Of course I did meet her mom once, and she was nice to me. But I don't know if she knew about what has gone on between us. I met her sister also.

Maybe that's why she got cold feet.

Hmmm. It's actually something I haven't wanted to think about.

But I would respect her background. It fascinates me in fact. I've read all about her country.

I want her. :(

TheSunshineGirl
Msg: 315
Posted: 7/30/2006 6:43:47 AM
It doesn't bother me, but I understand that two people from the same race and culture will probably have certain things that work out smoother than those that don't. If they both speak the same language, understand the same core values, etc, then that just puts them both at ease.

I can only speak from a caucasian woman's perspective and what I've seen happen to my friends and coworkers.

If a white woman dates an Asian guy, his family, if it's very traditional or just recently immigrated, thinks he's dumb. That she will divorce him and take half his stuff because most white people have no values. I have to agree with this, I find that Asians do have stronger marriage values than whites do.

If a white woman dates a Latino man, all the Latino women hate her. She's an outsider.

If a white woman dates an African American, then all the black women hate her and some white people will hate her as well. But that's not the big problem. The problem is African American men have this huge chip on their shoulder about every single thing. If they get cut off on the freeway, it's because they are black. If they get hit by a bolt of lightning, it's because they are black. It gets old to hear someone talk who can't actually take any responsibility ever for anything at all. Or just can't understand that bad days and bad things happen to everyone.
 Naddie
Msg: 316
Posted: 7/30/2006 8:56:51 AM
This article was apparently written to "Sister 2 Sister" magazine by a Caucasian woman who requested a response from black men. I'm glad she got what she wanted ( and then some)!!!! And sadly to say it's soo damn true! I have to say big ups to this black men that actually " TOLD IT LIKE IT IS" in a good 90% of the time as to why a black man would date a white woman.

Time and time again I've heard black men say that white women are just easier to control and they can get whatever they want out of them. I'm for interacial dating. Whenever I see an interacial I don't give them dirty looks or mutter obscenities under my breath like some poeple do. I know what that shit feels like. Especially having it come from friends and families. However, I do sometimes question "some" ( not all ) white woman' s motive of why she would date a black man. What I've seen for a while, was that it was a pretty damn big TREND and still is to this day, for some white woman to date a black man. Some of them think they look cool. "Like they just bought a new black hand bag that looks good on their arm". Don't get me wrong, white women, am happy to see you with them. Just make sure you're with them for the right reasons. Not because you think you'll look cool or you're trying to piss off your family, or you just want a mixed kid. That being said;

"I THNK SOME OF YOU BLACK MEN SHOULD STOP UNDERESTIMATING THESE WHITE WOMEN. NOT ALL OF THEM ARE AS DOCILE AND AS EASY AS YOU THINK, AND SOME OF YOU WHITE WOMEN NEED TO REALIZE WHEN A BROTHER IS RUNNING GAME AND STOP DATING THEM FOR ALL THE WRONG DAMN REASON. DATE THEM FOR THE PERSON YOU SEE IN THEM AND COME TO LOVE . NOT BECAUSE THEY MAKE A NICE ACCESSORIE, CAUSE IF YOU THINK THEY DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE WITH THEM THEN YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING."

AND PLEASE! WHITE WOMEN, STOP USING PHRASES LIKE ("YOUR MEN" ) THEY'RE NOT OUR MEN, WE DON'T OWN THEM, SOME OF THEM AREN'T EXACTLY A PRIZEs TO BE WON. AND VICE VERSA. BELIEVE ME. LOL Now please read and enjoy the following article. This is pretty deep.

EDUCATE YOURSELF FROM THIS BLACK MAN'S PERSPECTIVE.

WHITE WOMEN'S OPINION OF WHY BLACK MEN DATE WHITE WOMEN AND A BROTHER'S
RESPONSE.

Dear Jamie:

I'm sorry but I would like to challenge some of your Black male readers.
I am a White female who is engaged to a Black male-good-looking, educated and loving. I just don't understand a lot of Black female's attitudes about our relationship.

My man decided he wanted me because the pickings amongst Black women were slim to none. As he said they were either too fat, too loud, too mean, too argumentative, too needy, too materialistic or carrying too much excess baggage.

Before I became engaged, whenever I went out I was constantly approached by Black men, willing to wine and dine me and give me the world. If Black women are so up in arms about us being with their men, why don't they look at themselves and make some changes.

I am tired of the dirty looks I get and snide remarks when we're out in public. I would like to hear from some Black men about why we are so appealing and coveted by them.
Bryant Gumbel just left his wife of 26 years for one of us Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, the model Tyson Beckford, Montell Williams, Quincy Jones, James Earl Jones, Harry Belafonte,
Sydney Poitier, Kofi Anan, Cuba Gooding Jr., Don Cornelius, BerryGordy, Billy Blanks, Larry Fishburne, Wesley Snipes...

I could go on and on. But, right now, I'm a little angry and that is why I wrote this so hurriedly. Don't be mad with us White women
because so many of your men want us. Get your acts together and learn from us and we may lead you to treat your men better.

If I'm wrong, Black men, let me know.
Disgusted White Girl, Somewhere in VA

RESPONSE

Dear Jamie:
I would like to respond to the letter written by A Disgusted White Girl.

Let me start by saying that I am a 28-year old black man. I graduated from one of the most prestigious universities in Atlanta
Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Management. I have a good job at a major corporation and have recently purchased a house. So, I consider myself to be among the ranks of successful black men.

I will not use my precious time to slander white people.

I just want to set the record straight of why black men date white women.
Back in the day, one of the biggest reasons why black men dated white women was because they were considered easy.

The black girls in my neighborhood were raised in the church. They were very strict about when they lost their virginity and who they lost it to. Because of our impatience to wait, brothers would look for someone who would give it up easy without too much hassle.

So,they turned to the white girls.

Nowadays, in my opinion, a lot of brothers date white women because they are docile and easy to control. A lot of black men, because of insecurities, fears, and overall weaknesses, have become intimidated by the strength of our black women. We are afraid that our woman will be more successful than us, make more money than us, drive nicer cars and own bigger houses. Because of this fear, many black men look for a more docile woman. Someone we can control.

I have talked to numerous black men and they continuously comment on how easy it is to control and walk over their white women. I
just want to set the record straight. I want A Disgusted White Girl to know that not all successful black men date white women.

Brothers like Ahmad Rashad, Denzel Washington, Michael Jordan, Morris Chestnut, Will Smith, Blair Underwood, Kenneth "Babyface"
Edmonds, Samuel L. Jackson, and Chris Rock all married strong black women And, to flip the script, there are numerous white men, in and
out of the spot light, who openly or secretly desire black women over white women. Ted Danson, Robert DeNiro, and David Bowie to
name a few.

I just don't want a disgusted white girl to be misinformed Stop thinking that because you are white that you are some type of goddess. Remember, when black Egyptian Queens like Hatsepshut and Nitorcris were ruling Dynasties and armies of men in Egypt, you were over in the caves of Europe eating raw meat and beating each other over the head with clubs. Read your history!

It was the black woman that taught you how to cook and season your food. It was the black woman that taught you how to raise your children. It was black women who were breast feeding and raising your babies during slavery.

It is the black woman that had to endure watching their fathers,
husbands, and children beaten, killed, and thrown in jail. Black women were born with two strikes against them: being black and being a woman. And, through all this, Still They Rise!

It is because of the black women's strength, elegance, power, love and beauty that I could never date anyone except my black Queen. It is not just the outer beauty that captivates and draws me to them. It is not the fact that they come in all shapes, sizes,
colors and shades that I love them.

Their inner beauty is what I find most appealing about black women.

Their strong spirit, loving and nurturing souls, their integrity,their ability to overcome great obstacles, their willingness to stand for what they believe in, and their determination to succeed and reach their highest potential while enduring great pain and suffering is why I have fallen in love with black women.

I honestly believe that your anger is geared more toward jealousy and envy more so than snotty looks. If this were not so, then why do you continuously go to tanning salons to darken your skin? If you are so proud to be white, then why don't you just be happy with
your pale skin? Why do you continue to inject your lips, hips, and breasts with unnatural and dangerous substances so you can look fuller and more voluptuous?

I think that your anger is really a result of you wanting to have what the black woman has.

BOTTOM LINE: If I were looking for a docile woman I can walk over and control, I would give you a call. But, unfortunately, I am looking for a Virtuous Woman. Someone that can be a good wife and mother to my children.

Someone who can be my best friend and understands my struggles. I am looking for a soul mate. I am looking for a sister and; unfortunately, you do not and CANNOT fit the bill.

No offense taken, none given.

Signed, Black Royalty
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 317
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:41:35 AM
I just don't want a disgusted white girl to be misinformed Stop thinking that because you are white that you are some type of goddess. Remember, when black Egyptian Queens like Hatsepshut and Nitorcris were ruling Dynasties and armies of men in Egypt, you were over in the caves of Europe eating raw meat and beating each other over the head with clubs.

I thought you didn't want to slander white people.

Nowadays, in my opinion, a lot of brothers date white women because they are docile and easy to control.

Wow. Maybe the ones that chase after black men are like that.

I have talked to numerous black men and they continuously comment on how easy it is to control and walk over their white women.

Wow, again, you're only talking about the ones that chase after black men.

Brothers like Ahmad Rashad, Denzel Washington, Michael Jordan, Morris Chestnut, Will Smith, Blair Underwood, Kenneth "Babyface"
Edmonds, Samuel L. Jackson, and Chris Rock all married strong black women

Don't most black men in general marry black women?

And, to flip the script, there are numerous white men, in and
out of the spot light, who openly or secretly desire black women over white women. Ted Danson, Robert DeNiro, and David Bowie to
name a few.

Who else?

It was the black woman that taught you how to cook and season your food. It was the black woman that taught you how to raise your children. It was black women who were breast feeding and raising your babies during slavery.

Uh really? My ancestors were still in Europe during that time.

It is because of the black women's strength, elegance, power, love and beauty that I could never date anyone except my black Queen.

Man is this blaxploitation or what? I think this whole letter was forged. Yeah, you like black woman because they are the same race as you, for the same reason I prefer white women. I don't think white women are inherently better than other women.

It is not just the outer beauty that captivates and draws me to them. It is not the fact that they come in all shapes, sizes,
colors and shades that I love them.

Their inner beauty is what I find most appealing about black women.

Their strong spirit, loving and nurturing souls, their integrity,their ability to overcome great obstacles, their willingness to stand for what they believe in, and their determination to succeed and reach their highest potential while enduring great pain and suffering is why I have fallen in love with black women.

There are women like that in all ethnic groups.

I honestly believe that your anger is geared more toward jealousy and envy more so than snotty looks. If this were not so, then why do you continuously go to tanning salons to darken your skin? If you are so proud to be white, then why don't you just be happy with
your pale skin? Why do you continue to inject your lips, hips, and breasts with unnatural and dangerous substances so you can look fuller and more voluptuous?

I think that your anger is really a result of you wanting to have what the black woman has.

This letter is fake. I can't believe I am reading this.

BOTTOM LINE: If I were looking for a docile woman I can walk over and control, I would give you a call. But, unfortunately, I am looking for a Virtuous Woman. Someone that can be a good wife and mother to my children.

So white women are wicked, docile, and are bad moms and wives? You obviously don't watch the news. I suppose black women never cheat on their spouses, mistreat their kids, etc.

Someone who can be my best friend and understands my struggles.

So am I.

I am looking for a soul mate.

So am I.

I am looking for a sister

Hey, if you're into incest...

and; unfortunately, you do not and CANNOT fit the bill.

Ooooooohhhh...you really nailed that fictitious wicked white woman good.

No offense taken, none given.

Uh, yeah right.

Signed, Black Royalty

More like Black Panderer or Black Insecurity.

It's sad that such garbage is marketed to inner city black people.
 1abcde
Msg: 318
Posted: 8/4/2006 8:48:59 PM
Been on this site for some weeks now and it's mainly the Forum dept and some profiles that keep me on.
I find the open forum interesting and kudos to all of U with various progressive ideas.
Meanwhile, may I plead for some silence from the conscience pricked members who start their profiles by, .......... I have not been doing this ... and ....blah, blah, blah.
Yes, each one was once new to this site and this medium of contact is relatively new to society so pls, bless your stars that something like this is available and accessible to us.
Gone are the days when ignorance and other reasons made us think that, anything re relationship on the internet was promiscous.
Now to the topic on race.
I've perused and read most of the comments on this topic of, "does race matter?" and find them resourceful and interesting. And asked myself, "why sit aloof on the fence and just watch?" Hence this contribution at least, before I may depart this site. One thing I'd mention is that, I find the question too broad to tackle directly so I have chosen to specify it this way ......... i.e. DOES RACE DETERMINE A CHOICE? - OR - DO I TURN DOWN SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE OF HIS OR HER RACE?
As mentioned earlier, most of the comments on this topic are resourceful and enlightening and would like to complement and supplement with some more points.
In no way am I writing this as a counsellor employed by the site, but with some in depth research, knowledge and personal interest, I think I have some tid-bits to share.
So, do we mean race as a major or ultimate determinant to accept a candidate?
The vector of this race issue at least in modern history has generated from the negative, derogatory, no no tone. Prior to the current era of political correctness, a typical scenario would be: reading a profile and finding all areas of candidate meeting the readers choice/preference/requirements (and already read 75% of profile) and up to this 75% point, all seem good and prospective then next to read is the race; white/ yellow/ black etc and it's like, oh no, no way! Thats it! And then the candidate is dropped instantly.
For sure things are changing and that's a reality - what I'd describe as the metamorphosis of culture and living styles.
How many of us members five years ago, even two years ago or even six months ago thought that, we'd be fishing on this site and not in the Fraser River?
As rightly mentioned by some of you, race as a cultural factor is to be considered in a relationship; and may I add that, not as a determinant for choice but as part of the ministries involved in the relationship government. There are many factors or elements (whatever we may call them) involved in a relationship and I think race be inserted somewhere.
Don't we have to consider what skin cream, shampoo, cultural events, even food relative to the individuals in the family when budgeting, planning, ......? Until the blending is solidified that you both develop common interests an understanding there is no way of ignoring the different cultures within. Definitely, if both parties are positive first about the relationship and second about the different cultures, the discussion could be fun and even helpful in establishing real understanding, realization of the reality and serious bonding.
***The phrase, "if both parties are positive about" is key to this statement.
Let me stress that, we've passed the choosing/selection stage and now in the relationship developmental stages. To me, the establishment and success of the relationship is more important and tedious than the initial flashes of the "wow Brad Pitt feeling."

And, it's important to note that this race culture being discussed is after choosing and when together. The word "choosing" doesn't necessarily imply the choosing of a partner yet.
We must realize that, choice or choosing within this medium, (NET) implies the choosing of who we just want to start communicating with. Isn't that funny? Just think more about this point. At this point, the word hasn't got much depth. Just to communicate with?
The choice or choosing the soul mate or partner and committing is after going thru at least some developmental stages and knowing yourselves more for such a relationship.
Am I right on that?
All that happens is knowing the person in thought via internet and may be phone (correspondence). The construction of the foundation really begins when you meet and knowing one by deeds, as well. Considering the discussion so far, do we find colour or race, very important in the equation? From initial choice A to committment choice B!
Culture, yes! But then in culture, it can embody more than a race or less than a race.
Why? Because within one race, say white, there can be so many cultures within or embodied
and even at times may find some the cultures within the exampled white community extending into the yellow race. eg both drink tea. both worship.
We are in no way interested in who initiated or started what? the topic is if race be a determinant in who we choose to communicate with, date and partner.
Other contributors have equally made very good points yet stop short once they get to the initial flashing flattering stage - the first meeting. After that, then what?
Also to consider is the position the the prospective in-laws in discussing this topic on race. Then comes the aspect of individual indepence as many of us have in our profiles.
Are we that independent that, we can ignore the position of our respective parents and families? What a question? Yes, another tough one. I've brought this up because I realize many using independence as having a job, car and mortgage. Do you see I did not use house or home but mortgage? Simple answer. It becomes ones home, house, condo, property, when paid for. Of course, it's a wise investment and amongst the best. Just brought this up in reference to being independent.
Isn't it so beautiful to see a mixed couple with real harmony and true love?
After making the initial choice of who to meet and start building a rapport, there are yet many things; being events and or developments to consider along the road while approaching the destination.
Consider this illustration:
The initial choice stage being the gathering of ingredients for a particular menu.
The final choice or committment stage being the preparation of the menu where things can also go wrong and very hard to repair and even sometimes irreparable. What do you do with burnt rice or steak dipped in vinegar? Make choices now, guys and good luck!

May I present this self developed pie chart regarding the different areas towards a long term relationship and see where and how race may fit in.

PHYSIQUE - outlook, activities, interests, sensual. 20%
CHARACTER - emotions, people skills, personality. 20%
CAREER/FINANCE - education, work, income, finances. 20%
IDEOLOGY - concept of relationship, culture, politics, entertainment, leisure, family. 20%
EXTERNAL SUPPORT - family, friends, locals, community, affiliations, priviledges. 20%

I see the aspect of race/colour and culture under PHYSIQUE and IDEOLOGY. What is the respective weight of each in each area. And how does that weight affect that department.
Then whatever weight they have, does that affect that area? And if it does, by how much?
Whatever effect the weights have on PHYSIQUE AND IDEOLOGY, does that effect suffice to demolish all the five areas? Jeopardy yourselves now.
Notwithstanding the summation of the equation or any equation or theories, the bottom line is back to personal choices.

I almost left this notorious pont out. Whether the issue in a relationship be race or other, the most important factor I think should be well nourished is the aspect of one's mind set.
Is the mind set to go all out, steadfastness for sustainance of the relationship, or to take things for granted or to play games.
So guys - ladies and gentlemen, let's make very good choices, work hard on it and good luck to you all !!!
 GO USC
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 9:54:47 PM
I wish the media would lose that stupid portrayal. All the young kids are trying to act like badasses and it's degrading to themselves and their culture.

just walk down the street and see for yourself. no media coverage required. i think the parents need to start kicking some ass and if their child leaves the house with the gangsta look pull them back in the house and give them a pair of pants that fit their waste size..
 singlewtefemale
Msg: 320
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:08:20 PM
First of all I never reply to these forums , but this one I had too!!!
I agree with the interacial dating , I have just moved here to this province and I have been dating black men , from Nigeria , Ghana and Jamaica !
None of the Black men I have met or dated have ever cussed me , or disrespected me in anyway !! They have always treated me with RESPECT ( Have not gotten that from my EX whom was WHITE )

The most important part to a Relationship is not COLOR , COLOR is nothing and should not even be noticed !!!! and for those who LOOK @ ME & MY PARTNER whether he is black, white , yellow or green , Remember That when WE are together we are proud to be with each other and nobody will change that feeling of being wanted and someone holding your hand in public and him not caring if your white ,

As far as the BS of us white women being a black mans Trophy & Queen ? I would love to be loved enough by someone to be considered his Queen & Trophy !

We all Need Love and A Healthy Relationship ~ If that means me being with someone from a different Race, well I guess Iam going to have to learn how to make Rice and Peas and oh yeah Jerk Chicken !!!!

Possibly The Devil
Msg: 321
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:34:52 PM
My son is mixed race. I feel fine about it. I have dated people of every race and had no serious problems (so far).There are of course some issues that come with it - but you just have to be the bigger person and ignore ignorant people.

I like a guy with a bit of colour to his skin. Thats hot. But what is most important to me is how I feel when Im with him.
 SmoochFest
Msg: 322
Posted: 8/6/2006 9:31:04 PM
I think it's more important to date someone near your intellectual level. Great conversation and a basic understanding of one another is a must. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else by having this standard in my relationship repertoire. However, I could never see myself dating someone with the equivalent IQ of Pamela Anderson, Toby Keith or any other poster child of "celebrated ignorance" - "yee haw, meemaw, gimme a beer and git outta the way of the TV. Damn it, wrastlins on and that there Huck Hogan makes me laugh and the such".
 ItalianGodessMotherTakn
Msg: 323
Posted: 8/10/2006 7:20:14 AM
Ethnicity does not matter to me, we all have blue blood within yet bleed red correct, therefore we're all human and deserving of equal respect. One precaution I would take is the religion aspect ----- meaning if 1 person is Catholic and the other is Muslim how will they work out the differences.
As an Italian woman I have dated wo/men whom are Black, Caucasion, Asian and am presently dating a Native ---------- to be honest I haven't found any differences in them pertaining to that aspect just that some members of society are still closed minded. IE: When I dated my ex (back in '99), whom was Jamaican we were on the subway TTC and one lady stared at us, then as we got off at our stop she called me a " Lover" and that I wasnt good enough to be Caucasian for that fact ..... I just explained to her my viewpoint --- we're all the same and when she spoke back saying I'm brainwashed etc I slapped her.
 santos4
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 3:05:03 PM
You would have no probelm with my family and I am black. But I digress.
 santos4
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 3:07:21 PM
Huh that a broad generalization about black men you have there, I have no chip on my shoulder. Have you met every black man? No I didn't think so you can stop with the BS now.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you feel about interacial dating?