Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you feel about interacial dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnny prophet
Msg: 451
view profile
History
How do you feel about interacial dating?Page 19 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

But I do take pride in my heritage and feel an obligation to preserve it.

I don't understand this position at ALL. Your parents were whatever they were. They fell in love (or lust) and had sex. You were the product. What do you have to be proud about?

Whether Black, White, Green, Blue, or Plaid, you personally had nothing to do with your racial heritage, your country of origin, the color of your eyes and hair and skin... so why be proud of it? And why on earth would you "feel an obligation to preserve it"?
 december82
Msg: 452
How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 5/17/2007 7:50:58 AM
yes i dint get to chose what race i would be, but my parents did, and thier parents did and so on goes back for generations they chose to stay within their own heritage, and i will get to chose what race my children are. It would be a huge disappointment to myself and my family for me to alter a pure scottish bloodline, they are becoming all to rare (pure bloodlines that is) and i think that everyone should take pride in their roots/heritage, they/it have more of an effect on you as a person then u may believe!
 blady
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:58:36 AM
All humanity otherwise known as the "human race" had it's beginnings in Africa.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1058484.stm
http://www.ramsdale.org/dna3.htm
 heather2005
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:08:26 AM
I don't have a problem with it at all, I date someone based on attraction, compatibility, and other things. I couldn't care less what race they are if I like them

also i don't get the whole preserving race thing you can't help who you fall in love with and I would rather find love with someone of a different race than be with someone just to preserve my race
 april love
Msg: 455
Posted: 5/17/2007 2:40:06 PM
I'm open to dating any man who seems like a great guy regardless of race. I haven't had the opportunity, but I would consider it.
 plums4u
Msg: 456
Posted: 5/17/2007 8:38:54 PM
I always say never say never. But in my case i have never dated a white man and i don't think i ever will, because of the different backgrounds and family issues; at my age i don't have time in my life for more stress. I don't have any problem with my adult children dating outside of our race. I have a beautiful granddaughter by my son and his white wife. His wife is the perfect match for him.
 quadmom
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2007 3:49:42 PM
In my personal experience, and please...mark the fact that I am saying "personal", different race doesn't equate different backgrounds. I guess I understand if someone feels that way, but I could say the same for some of the black men I've dated.....we shared the same ethnic background, but not the same personal background.

My experiences haven't all stemmed from my race. In fact, I'd say that overall the majority of my experiences haven't had anything to do with it. I definitely believe that similar....I dunno...life shaping experiences is a good thing?? Not sure I'm saying it the way I mean it, but its just good to be with someone who knows where you're coming from. It helps, but its not always necessary.

As for anyone who doesn't agree with interracial dating, to each his/her own. BUT, please don't start in on the "we really aren't the same because....different diseases...different traits...." blah blah blah blah blah. It really is STILL one race....humans. And the "stick with your own" stuff???? C'mon. No one is suggesting that anyone date gorillas or chickens. In fact, I'm fairly certain that the same folks talking that mess would be VERY suprised at a few of the branches in their family trees. You never know.

There IS no "pure ANYthing bloodline",and if a family thinks theirs is, they are fooling themselves. You can't possibly know every infidelity, every pregnancy, every person that laid down and had sex with someone reaching all the way back to the beginning of your line. Its not possible. And no matter how you try to make it sound benevolant....."we just want to keep it pure" its a very thin mask for what it is. Prejudice. Its almost certain that ANY family who ever owned slaves had someone creeping to the cabins at night. And no, that isn't the only way it happened. There has been "race mixing" since the continents split. There are all kinds of blood mixed into those ever so pure white lines. Deny deny deny, but it won't change the truth. The sadness of it all is that there are folks who honestly believe that it makes them any less or its something to be ashamed of. Backward, sad and just plain dumb. Same for any of us black folk who talk the same crap....."we don't mix". You already ARE and you can deny it til the day you die but it won't change anything. Give me a break. How do you think we all came to be every shade of brown from honey to espresso??

And amen to Blady for stating FACT. Scientific, inarguable fact. We all came from the same place, and evolution for CLIMATE is the only thing that made us look any different. And yes, that explains the different susceptibilities to disease as well. Depending on where your ancestors branched off, they got lighter or darker. But we ALL started out looking the same way. People really need to get over this stupid crap.
 BeatlesFanYeah
Msg: 458
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:02:32 AM
I can't believe it's still taboo in the first place! With international travel being commonplace (which encourages homoganization); and network programming, cable, radio, movies, and the internet making us the most over-informed generation of all human history, exactly WHAT is supposed to be mysterious about interacial comingling at this point in history? Seriously.

First of all, it isn't skin color but CULTURE that determines the differences between people. For example, if a black person from California dated a black person from England or Jamiaca or Africa, he/she wouldn't stand any better chance of getting along with these other three people than if a white person dated them. In fact, if that black person dated a white person who grew up within 20 miles of him/her, he/she would stand a FAR better chance of being happy and surviving in marriage than with other black people from different countries.

I was raised Jewish, but I can tell you right now, that I might stand a chance of getting along with a Jewess from L.A. county, where I was raised, but I probably could not relate well to a New York Jew -- and definitely would have little in common with a Jewish girl from Israel.

When it comes to your identity, the "nature versus nurture" argument weighs heavily in favor of "nurture" with regard to racial issues.

It boils down to your personal needs. All races have their version of trailer park trash and sophisticated cosmopolitans. There are subtle differences and you have to be sensitive to what they are and how they differ from region to region. I would much more prefer a white girl from the Midwest to a white girl in Southern California. The attitudes are so much different. Midwestern women are far less materialistic, a lot more polite, and much more down to earth.

And though you can't paint with broad strokes and be accurate, the fact is that the statistical likelihood of this contrast on a large scale is reliable. There's nice people out here, but not like in the Midwest. There really is a difference.

But I don't have to go to the Midwest necessarily to find a more pure heart or more sincere woman. I've actually found this to be more accessible in the black women I've dated. Sure, I've met some incorrigable black women, but overall, I have found that it's much easier to find a bright, reasonable black woman who is not materialistic and will accept me for who I am first. How well I treat them is far more important to the black girls I've dated than my car, my finances or even how nice a place I take them for the date.

I would say that despite all the blatant racial tensions between blacks and whites in Southern California, I have more consistently dated black women whose values are more old fashioned when it comes to men. I've typically been treated well and been held in their esteem based on how I treat them as a person. I find this to be refreshingly more genuine and hence more attractive. I have also had the good fortune to meet black women who are more reasonable, practical, and sincere. I find their genuineness, frankness and honesty with me indispensible.

But in the end, you have to know yourself and what you need psychologically from someone else. Then you have to have a good nose for character and be able to discern the subtle differences that people of different cultures or nationalities possess, despite being raised close to each other. It's a glass slipper kind of fit, but the sharper you are at understanding people, the better your chances of choosing wisely in love.

But for now, I am much more attracted to black women. They tend to treat me better than my white counterparts and this increases how physically attractive they are to me as well. A positive exchange (reciprocation) creates a positive cycle. The math is easy. The skin color is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what body a spirit occupies. Two people will become to each other whatever it is they want most to be.
 quadmom
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 7:07:11 AM
Bully, I don't think anyone can complain about PREFERENCE....yours is yours. And no one can expect any of us to be attracted to someone that just doesn't do it for us physically. YOURS sounds like a normal, healthy position. You just like what you like physically.

Johnny P- You're right, ofcourse. All this racial "pride" when in reality NONE of us had a damn thing to do with what we were born as. Its insane and I wish people would realize how utterly ridiculous they sound when they start spouting off about it.
 BeatlesFanYeah
Msg: 460
Posted: 5/21/2007 12:15:20 AM
Um, QUADMOM, I hate to give you a hard time here and risk sounding like an ingrate after you complimented me, but I only mentioned (in Message 460) the physical aspect of being attracted to black women in one sentence, and it was made in reference to being a result of the psychological effects of having more in common with them as a person.

If I only liked black women because of being physically attracted to them, regardless of whether it's my right or not, it wouldn't really be all that healthy as you say, as this would preclude all other legitimate and necessary factors required for a relationship to flourish and grow -- and survive. Being initially attracted to someone accomplishes nothing if there is no additional substance to push mere infatuation to a higher level of involvement with another person.

There was a writer, whose name escapes me, who once said, "Love and nothing more soon becomes nothing more."

I normally don't care what someone says about me on these threads (after all, they're just for fun, really), but I went to such GREAT LENGTHS to undermine the nature of PREJUDICE (I spent the ENTIRE article doing so), which is, for those taking notes, a wrongful disapproval of someone based on negative ASSUMPTIONS or a warped impression generated by not bothering to actually KNOW what another human being is about (a far deeper, more thoughtful and intelligent perspective) -- and you completely made a MOCKERY of everything I just said by boiling it all down to me being attracted to black women on strictly SUPERFICIAL grounds: that they are PHYSICALLY attractive. (They are, but that wasn't my point at all.)

That's NOT what I said. I gave black women far higher praise than this: I said, in so many words, that my preference to black women is based on WHO they are, not what they LOOK like. I said that they essentially are more AUTHENTIC, HONEST, and LOYAL; and are MORE GENUINE for valuing a man based on WHO he is to them as a MAN, not as a STUD or a walking WALLET, as is so disgustingly epidemic in women from Southern California. (I've lived here for nearly 50 years, I would know.)

Did you even bother to READ what I wrote? Or did you just drop in for the last paragraph and misread that too? I know I sound like I'm over-reacting here, but if you made an important point and were this badly misunderstood I think it would frustrate the heck out of you, too. Especially if the interpretaton misrepresented you as being half as bright as you at least THINK you are.

Really, if you actually read what I wrote and summed it up by saying that "[I] like what [I] like physically" frivolously makes me out to be SHALLOW (even if it's my right to have such a particular pivot-point as my basis for my preference -- which it's not: I was saying that black women become more physically attractive to me because of what's in their HEARTS and MINDS, not what's beneath their underwear).

That's akin to watching a movie, seeing "The End" scrolled on the screen at it's conclusion, and then saying that what the movie was about is that it has to end at a certain point. Come frikkin' on.

I made a very mature, poignant and significant sociological observation and you completely trivialized (if not splattered) it with a summation that was shallow in its basis, making me to look shallow.

No, I'm not trying to be a white Martin Luther King here. And yes, I find black women to be beautiful. But I gave them serious credit for aspects about them that are a lot more important than LOOKS -- like greater MATURITY and SUPERIOR CHARACTER. Your summation deflates this compliment and the credit that many black women are LONG OVERDUE for being BETTER HUMAN BEINGS and over-simplifies them as being appealing to me because I OBJECTIFY them. And that places me in the position of INSULTING them rather than PRAISING them, of being the kind of man women typically HATE, for not appreciating what's BENEATH the skin.

Perhaps you're not aware of it, but I'm NOT that shallow. And my words should have defined this conclusively. (And they likely did -- but to everyone else accept to the person who actually took the time to respond to them.)

Sorry I came off this upset, but I pay too much respect to women to be made to look so much like the other knuckle-dragging troglodites girls are always complaining about.

All the same, thanks for playing: we have some lovely parting gifts for you in the lobby.
 plums4u
Msg: 461
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:55:30 AM
Beatles fan yeah I totally respect your response to quadmom. I like this part the best ___Especially if the interpretation misrepresented you as being half as bright as at least you think you are.
 quadmom
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 11:20:05 AM
Plums.....all over the board, I leave for what....3 months and you are STILL up my ass? Amazing. I'll give you some more material to "co-sign" on.

Beatles..I'm going to have to review the posts...I'm still not seeing where I point out anything you said, but then again, I've been spending a lot of time on one particular thread this last week or so. I'll have to get back to you.

At any rate, I'm not quite certain where you came up with me trying to imply or boldy ascertain that your umm..."physical attraction" to black women was the ONLY criteria you were basing your associations on.

I see where I said something to a poster by the name of "Bully".......but nothing more. But like I said, I'll scan and get back to you on that one.

Plums, this had zip to do with you....in fact, since he called ME by name, I'd have to say that you're once again holding some type of vigil over every post I make. Maybe you need some self reflection. I swear, you're like a bad penny. You turn up after every thing I say. I feel really special!
 quadmom
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 11:22:32 AM
Umm...BEATLES, upon further investigation, I'm still wondering what the devil you're referring to.

Please point out my reference to you....and I'll be happy to try to rephrase. Cuz right now, I don't see where I directed any comments to you or what you said.

My message #461 was directed towards BULLIElover62 and her post at the top of this page.

So you just went off on me....an entire dissection of me, my views and my post..for nothing.

Did you even bother to READ what I wrote? Or did you just drop in for the last paragraph and misread that too? I know I sound like I'm over-reacting here, but if you made an important point and were this badly misunderstood I think it would frustrate the heck out of you, too. Especially if the interpretaton misrepresented you as being half as bright as you at least THINK you

No, I didn't. Hence, I didn't say anything about it. As for however "bright" I may, or may not be...I think you going off on someone who didn't, as my mama would say, say a mumbling word to you....now THAT is a marker of brilliance.
 BENSONBOB
Msg: 464
Posted: 5/22/2007 11:37:41 AM
I think that is an excellent analogy of what it is like to date others of a different nationality/interracial. The color is not what makes the person. I myself love to date those whose skin is different than mine but only if they are good people. If they appreciate me and respect me. If they are happy being with me and want to be with me again. Then, I definitely want to date them again and will appreciate and respect them--no matter who or what color their skin.

Presently, I am dating a very attractive woman whose skin is black. And mine is white. But she is a sweetie and I really like spending time with her. ANd I will continue to spend time with her as long as she likes to have me date her.

And, if given the chance, I will kiss her (as I've already done a few times) and will be happy to engage in whatever intimate activities she desires.
 BeatlesFanYeah
Msg: 465
Posted: 5/22/2007 8:06:45 PM
Umm...BEATLES, upon further investigation, I'm still wondering what the devil you're referring to. Please point out my reference to you....and I'll be happy to try to rephrase. (Quadmom, Message #465)

QUADMOM: Because you communicated specifically in your message to me that you were referring to BULLIElover62 and not me, I only then recognized that there was a misunderstanding on my part. When you said Bully, I thought you were speaking to ME (using an expression that's been out of style since Teddy Roosevelt's time, "bully") in saying "Bully," as if you were saying "good show" or "good work."

That's because of the juxtaposition of your response. A person typically expects that unless someone is ID-ed (which you did in a casual way, but which I obviously didn't recognize as such because of the possible interchangeability of the term "bully").

I am not an ongoing resident of this thread, so I didn't recognize your short hand reference to BULLIElover62, so thanks for the clarification. But as bad a faux pas as I committed in attacking your message for being directed at me, even "PLUM" thought my position was legit, too. So I don't feel as bad for misidentifying your site member ID.

If you capitolized a handle's name (common practice on threads), it will be easier for a reader to recognize it as a name (especially since the actual name is spelled differently than "bully," that being "bullie"). This might hit you as a small or insignificant detail, but how one communicates influences the difference between the message sent (intended) and the message actually received. But it's worth considering.

We use other identifiers to indicate other things, e.g., putting a phrase or graph inside a box tells the reader that he/she is looking at a quotation. The reader then regards this as a reference point or a guiding theme of the article. Taking a little extra time might prevent another similar misidentification in the future (just a thought).

Typically, people respond to the very last message left on a thread, and so because it didn't seem to me like you were addressing someone else, ("Bully" naturally fitted at the beginning of the sentence) I just assumed your statement was directed at the last thing said, which was what I wrote.

It was a freak incident, I would say. What are the chances that a person's site handle could be mistaken for a salutory interjection? It is embarassing indeed, for you are right: I launched into a diatribe at you for nothing. So please accept my humble apology for my misguided response to this misunderstanding. And thanks for clearing this up for me.
 kesgurl
Msg: 466
Posted: 5/22/2007 8:21:20 PM
Race to me does not matter at all. I fell in love with and married a black man.
We have not been together for a few years now.

I am now dating a wonderful guy and he is Japenese!
 shypurplegurl
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 8:29:26 PM
OK WELL I FEEL LIKE IF YOU REALLY LOVE SOMEONE YOU DON'T SEE COLOR. I MYSELF DATE BLACK MEN AND HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS BY A BLACK MAN, AND YES I GET THE NASTY LOOKS BUT I REALLY DON'T CARE. I ALSO TEACH MY GIRLS TO LOVE EVERYONE AND NOT TO JUDGE A PERSON BY THERE LOOKS NO MATTER WHAT DIFFERENCES WE HAVE WE DO ALL HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON WE ARE ALL PEOPLE AND DESERVE TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT. SO I SAY DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY AND IF YOU HAVE TO QUESTION WHAT YOU ARE DOING THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT. YOU DON'T NEED EVERYONES APPROVAL FOR WHAT YOU DO JUST YOUR OWN. SO IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY DO IT. ALSO MY GIRLS ARE TAUGHT TO BE WITH WHOEVER THEY WANT AS LONG AS THEY ARE BEING TREATED LIKE THEY DESERVED TO BE WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT.
 BeatlesFanYeah
Msg: 468
Posted: 5/22/2007 8:32:31 PM
In high school I dated an Italian (Latina) girl who I adored. In college I dated a girl who was half Japanese, half Hungarian. She was a jewel. Later I dated Mexicans and other assorted Hispanics. Recently I've been dating black women. None of them were any better or any worse than any white girl I've ever dated.

Skin color isn't what differentiates people. It's culture, upbringing and local customs. It's where you grow up. It's more a regional thing than an anatomical thing. I've favored black women more recently because I've had better luck with them not being so materialistic and shallow, which is rampantly epidemic in Southern California.

If the book isn't worth reading, then there's no point in bothering with the cover.
 BeatlesFanYeah
Msg: 469
Posted: 5/22/2007 8:45:12 PM

Umm...BEATLES, upon further investigation, I'm still wondering what the devil you're referring to. Please point out my reference to you....and I'll be happy to try to rephrase. (Quadmom, Message 465)

QUADMOM: Because you communicated specifically in your message to me that you were referring to BULLIElover62 and not me, I only then recognized that there was a misunderstanding on my part. When you said "Bully," I thought you were speaking to ME (using an expression that's been out of style since Teddy Roosevelt's time, "bully") and thought you were using the term as if you were saying "good show" or "good work."

That's because of the juxtaposition of your response. A person typically expects that unless someone is ID-ed (which you did in a casual way, but which I obviously didn't recognize as such because of the possible interchangeability of the term "bully").

I am not an ongoing resident of this thread, so I didn't recognize your short hand reference to BULLIElover62, so thanks for the clarification. But as bad a faux pas as I committed in attacking your message for being directed at me, even "PLUM" thought my position was legit, too. So I don't feel as bad for misidentifying your site member ID.

If you capitolized a handle's name (common practice on threads), it will be easier for a reader to recognize it as a name (especially since the actual name is spelled differently than "bully," that being "bullie"). This might hit you as a small or insignificant detail, but how one communicates influences the difference between the message sent (intended) and the message actually received. But it's worth considering.

We use other identifiers to indicate other things, e.g., putting a phrase or graph inside a box tells the reader that he/she is looking at a quotation. The reader then regards this as a reference point or a guiding theme of the article. Taking a little extra time might prevent another similar misidentification in the future (just a thought).

Typically, people respond to the very last message left on a thread, and so because it didn't seem to me like you were addressing someone else, ("Bully" naturally fitted at the beginning of the sentence) I just assumed your statement was directed at the last thing said, which was what I wrote.

It was a freak incident, I would say. What are the chances that a person's site handle could be mistaken for a salutory interjection? It is embarassing indeed, for you are right: I launched into a diatribe at you for nothing. So please accept my humble apology for my misguided response to this misunderstanding. And thanks for clearing this up for me.
 quadmom
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2007 8:17:17 AM
So...you're now actually chastising me for my lack of proper forum etiquette?

I'm sorry. I had no idea there were rule regarding how to type someone's screen name here if you are directing a comment toward them. Silly, silly me.

But I'll take the apology since its a discussion board, and as such doesn't mitigate tearing people or their opinions to shreds. Thats just dumb. I'm assuming we all real lives here.

As to this:
even "PLUM" thought my position was legit, too.

Plums hates me and has since I posted my preference for caucasion men and gave an anecdote about my current relationship. Believe me, this is not paranoia on my part. She generally pops in anytime she see's my name on the boards with one of her oh so clever (my tongue is firmly in my cheek here) observations on either my character, physical form or whatever else she can think of to insult at the time. Its been noted by other users in the past...and I had thought perhaps her constant attempts to bait me were over once I left the boards for a few months. Evidently she was overcome with joy to see me back . One can only presume this is due to some personal void. Really, who knows? Not hugged enough as a child...hugged TOO much. Its really not for me to say. But she's up my butt firmly enough to alert me as to any irregularity I might experience, so I laugh it off most days. And this only because she doesn't provide me with sufficient challenge to bother with more direct attempts to "get back" at her. She co-signs...whenever someone else seems to disagree with me. I'm assuming that, too, is due to a lack of something or another.

But anyway, I'm sorry if my post was unclear and it came across in a manner which I did not intend. Thanks for the apology. We're very grown up, aren't we?

maryrachelle
Msg: 471
How do you feel about interracial dating?
Posted: 5/23/2007 9:41:20 AM
What do you all care what december82 believes. It is her life. She is not pushing her beliefs on any of you.Believe it or not everyone is entitled to their own beliefs even if what they believe is not politically correct.
 johnny prophet
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2007 11:51:04 AM

I just assumed your statement was directed at the last thing said, which was what I wrote.

That's why it's polite to quote the post we are replying to... and that helps to clear up the matter in a very direct way.
 Drlovegood
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2007 1:07:16 PM
I have in my lifetime so far dated ,

english ( white ) english ( dark tanned ) , american , spanish , chinese, indian , black , whiter people ( extra white ) german , russian , greek ,turkish ,polish , brazilian , french , mexican, italian ,malaysian , portugese , lithuanian , and tibetian. ( sorry the rest of you i did'nt mention i did'nt forget you .. you know who you are .. ). ( just did'nt want to brag ... p.s you were and still are in my mind and are truly wonderfull people .. i miss you and want to say thank you for being in/ part of my life . xxx )

of which were many different types of religion and cultures .

when you meet or get to know a person ...

1 . do what you both feel is right ..( forgettabout the rest of the world ..or what they might think or say ) ...if your happy / content ..you got more than most . If your happy .. even unsure of happiness ( cos people try to condem you ), yet feel some type of magic ...then live it ...and be proud ..cos you are experiencing somthing others would only dream of .

2 . having 2 people date outside their colour is colour ( cause you both see, possiably love & feel, and care in technicolour . Love and care has never been limited to one race creed , religion ..respect each others views ..never judge ..co's a) one day you might be judged and B ) you are not god.

if you got yellow hands a white face with black arms and body ..and you met someone and fell for a person with a black face , yellow arms , and a white body . what you gonna say ... ( geez i wonder how our kids turnout )... or cant date you co's of the colour of your hands ...or face ....or body ..... ( i wonder what white people would think if it was proved that jesus was black ..( still think they would foloow christianity like they do now )

anyone seen the movie ....Guess who's com'in to Dinner , ( if not watch it ..get a better perspective on life ...think openly ..co's if you don't ( its you that is missing out )

if nature intended for one colour then the whole planet , ( including species )would have been one colour .

3 . people can be crazy , intelligent , jealous , narrowminded , greedy , and stupid ... and the rest ...( but then again ca'nt we all ( after all we are learning everyday ).

goodness is hard to find , sometimes it's in someone and you need to nuture to bring it out ..sometimes you can be in a relationship with unwanted stress not from your loved one ..but from everyone else .....I say to hell with other peoples opinions ...if you are happy or think you wanna / or gonna be happy ...then just do it .

mankind is not that intelligent , less than 200 yrs ago ... man was burning women , or drowning them claiming they were witches ( not that long ) not a lot of people had seen a black man ... niether did a black man see a white man ...

we are our colour becuase of the planet ...the sun and the earth . our pigmentation has given us colour ...( but its our upbringing and social / religious circles that may have either given us more wisdom , or more than likely taken what little wisdom we were due away.

now lets go forward 2007 is now 2607 do you wanna know how many white people , black people are left .....there still there ( hopefully every creed ) and more ...many more different colours , cultures new and old .

aww co-mon mankind try'in to decide if interacial relationships are good ...( yet less than 50/60 years ago we were killing people co's they were white ..but jews.... ????

The truth ..the truth is you ..your happiness , with you and your partner ...be whatever colour race , religion they are ..if you can belive it to be,.. it is ...beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...but we can even care ., date someone who is the most ugly mf on the planet but if you feel special with them , or if you care , or if your just content ( in your zone ) then screw everyone opinion ..its you life its what you belive in and you carry on .
after all mankind is extreamly jealous and narrowminded . (

p.s even elfs know mankind is narrowminded ..thats why they stick to themselves you hardly ever hear of a elf that goes out dating with human people . ( i guess only when they are desperate or on a dare for santa )

remmenber mankind needs theres not enough or
 BeatlesFanYeah
Msg: 474
Posted: 5/23/2007 3:47:29 PM

That's why it's polite to quote the post we are replying to... and that helps to clear up the matter in a very direct way. (Johnny Prophet, Message #474)

JOHNNY PROPHET: Thanks for your advice on the matter. Because I am relatively new to blogging and am not aware of any universal protocol of thread conduct, anything I pick up here is all news to me.

Typically, in the past I've just observed how things best fit together pragmatically, from demonstration. And so, one pattern I've noticed is that people usually use quotation-boxes when they are responding OUT OF SEQUENCE, i.e., addressing an article OTHER than the one just preceding his/hers. (This utility is demonstrated below, where I address QUADMOM in this same article.)

I'm hesitant to do this for an article JUST BEFORE mine, because (and perhaps this is just me) it places too much focus on the quoted statement, as if my whole blog is going to be based on one particular comment, which most times is not the case. It also appears to place heavy emphasis on the quoted content, as if it were the most significant thing stated in the other person's blog. And I feel like I have to figure out a way to diffuse the awkwardness of over-emphasizing a piece of content that's not actually intended to be addressed specifically nor carries any more weight than any other aspect of the article being addressed.

And, to demonstrate politeness to all readers, I will specifically quote whose quotation it is by listing their NAME and MESSAGE NUMBER just after the quotation, in case someone is curious about the exchange and wants to read that other person's whole article to get perspective on the exchange taking place. This is polite to readers because it enables them to be INCLUSIVE, whereas by not helping them with sleuthing the source of an out-of-sequence response, they are EXCLUDED, which contradicts the purpose of a PUBLIC forum. It becomes no different than a private email, which demonstrates not taking other readers' curiosity into consideration. But when the content being referred to is just above the article referring to it, people don't need any help in figuring out what's being referred to or why.

Typically, I've noticed that when people reference other bloggers by putting their handle in upper case, it usually takes care of the identity issue instantly. I guarantee that by placing your handle in caps and separating it from this response with a colon, as I did above, it becomes clear as a bell to all that I'm addressing someone -- that being you.

When you look at a script for a play, teleplay or screenplay, the character's name is always displayed in upper-case letters and placed just before the dialogue. It is a visually succinct way of designating the character. There is never any question as to whose line is next.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but given that your article is just above mine, doesn't it look kind of like redundancy-overkill for me to requote you at the top of my article (unless I am EXTREMELY upset or supportive of its content and just want to emphasize this to you and other readers)? I have no desire to make a special point of what you said in that quotation I boxed above versus anything else you might have said in your blog to me. I simply want to respond to your article as a whole (it just so happens by coincedence that that one line pretty much WAS your whole article in this instance).

And the only reason I went to this length to clarify my resistance to your advice -- or more specifically, to clarify when I feel it's BEST to apply your advice is that I don't want you to feel that I completely ignored you or completely disagreed with you should I return to this thread and not apply what you said to me. But thanks, again, for your care and concern. I do appreciate your insight even though my response might appear defensive in certain ways.
 BeatlesFanYeah
Msg: 475
Posted: 5/23/2007 4:02:03 PM
QUADMOM:

It was a freak incident, I would say. What are the chances that a person's site handle could be mistaken for a salutory interjection? It is embarassing indeed, for you are right: I launched into a diatribe at you for nothing. So please accept my humble apology for my misguided response to this misunderstanding. And thanks for clearing this up for me. (BeatlesFanYeah, Message #471)

So...you're now actually chastising me for my lack of proper forum etiquette?

I'm sorry. I had no idea there were rule regarding how to type someone's screen name here if you are directing a comment toward them. Silly, silly me.

But I'll take the apology since its a discussion board, and as such doesn't mitigate tearing people or their opinions to shreds. Thats just dumb. I'm assuming we all real lives here.

But anyway, I'm sorry if my post was unclear and it came across in a manner which I did not intend. Thanks for the apology. We're very grown up, aren't we? (QuadMom, Message #472)

QUADMOM: I find it kind of funny (queer) that you take the time to give me kindly advice about what's going on around here, and yet, in the same breath, slap me with sarcasm, snottiness and condescencion. I guess a public apology isn't good enough for some people. It kind of reminds me of the Mark Twain quotation where he talks about how a woman will provoke a man into a hot retort and then condemn him for getting upset with her.

I went to painstaking lengths to explain where I drew my perspective from in my blog, so it wasn't as if I just blindly started throwing crockery at you from being disgruntled. Your complaint caused me to re-read your text and I recognized my error. But given what I believed was happening at the time, my disturbed response was lucid and logical.

1. As for me chastizing you for violating a perceived protocol on my part, this is not the case. I merely specified what it was about how you wrote your blog that caused me to misunderstand you. Do I not even have the right to explain myself? Hey, look, I was apologizing to you publically, so what more do you want?

As someone who has taught, I'm aware that "why?" is always more important than "how," but sometimes detailing the "how" can help explain the "why." I merely took the time to explain where I was coming from as a courtesy to you. I could have easily gotten upset without taking all the time required to be fair enough to support my position with an explanation of any sort. But even in anger, I still try to be fair.

2. You'll only accept my apology because it was issued on a "discussion board"? Please, don't do me any favors. I can care less whether you accept my apology or not. I reacted to what I felt was a misrepresentative summation of what I felt was an important point regarding black women. I recognized, after I was corrected on my misunderstanding of what I THOUGHT I was responding to, that I was in error and acknowledged my mistake with a disclaimer.

Because I was SO clear in my explanation as to how I reasoned my perspective on your response (and why I was unaware it was intended for someone else and not for me), it is easy to see WHY and HOW I was drawn to a misunderstanding. Lady, my initial response to you was an ACCIDENT and I fessed up to it. I could have easily just said "oops" and left it at that. I didn't have to go to the extreme lengths I went to allow you to understand what actually triggered my goof up. You obviously don't appreciate another's sincerity. Therefore it's wasted on you.

You may believe that nothing justifies taking someone to task for their opinions, but that's because you obviously believe you're above being held accountable for anything you say or do. Spare me the attitude, Mom. If what you say is connected to what I say in a way that I find inappropriate or offensive, I have every right to repsond as I see fit. No one has the right to play God with another. And by the way, YOU STILL MISS THE POINT!

My response wasn't to a difference of opinion, for crying out loud: I decried what I perceived was a gross misinterpretation of what I had said regarding black women that I believed made me look like a fool. In saying that my attraction to and preference for black women as female company was based on who they are as people on the INSIDE (a very significant, if not crucial, distinction) and to believe that something I spent over an hour composing was being summed up as the direct OPPOSITE of what I said (that being that my preference was based on their PHYSICAL qualities) would give ANYONE just cause to complain for being misunderstood and give them the right to re-explain their point to straighten this misunderstanding out.

I have a life, thanks, but I don't print blogs strictly for my health. You may believe that you have the prerrogative to say whatever you want uncontested, regardless of what you say, but this is irresponsible thinking. I know this is just a recreational site, but again, since I know you don't get it or don't want to: if someone believes oneself to be grossly misrepresented, and at the expense of their personal integrity, it would only be logical such a person would want to straighten such a misunderstanding out.

3. And then you accept my apology, but get snotty with me by saying "We're very grown up aren't we?" I hate to break it to you, but it's your condescending backhand that is what's CHILDISH here. I simply tried to clear the air about things, that's all. You don't have to be such a creep. It's not necessary. And it discourages me from feeling it's worth apologizing to you in the future if I should misunderstand you again.

I don't throw my pearls to swine. I only dispense my sincerity to adults who actually ACT like adults and who have the emotional capacity to appreciate a little class. I might have gotten mad at you without actual justification, but I at least owned up to my mistake, and immediately. So save me your juvenile sarcasm. Perhaps PLUMS has a reason to dislike you so much -- beyond your preferring white men for male company. So far, your bedside manner toward me has left much to be desired. I don't think I'm a much bigger fan of yours than PLUMS at this point.

I made a mistake and I was accountable for it. But you had to act like a spoiled school girl. It was totally unnecessary.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you feel about interacial dating?