Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Shirtless After 30      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kitten189
Msg: 26
Shirtless After 30Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Gawd,to the guy without a shirt on................please go and put one on IMMEDIATELY.
*shiver*

Im another who finds the shirtless men laughable coz i always think they must have nothing between their ears and that's the only way they have to try and 'promote' themselves.
 nhgirlinvegas
Msg: 27
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 8/30/2011 6:46:26 PM
they must have nothing between their ears and that's the only way they have to try and 'promote' themselves.
Nothing to promote either, for most of them.. I take one look and not another!!
 domo30
Msg: 28
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 8/30/2011 6:54:08 PM
only man who can get away with no shit is colin farell sorry guys I hate seeing fat dudes walk around with their shirts off at the beach uggh
 sweetfunfitgirl
Msg: 29
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 8/30/2011 6:58:25 PM
If you've got it, flaunt it!!!

(I like ripped abs and I don't mind the pics as long as they do not look girly and they are not taken by a cell phone in the bathroom mirror).
 m_church
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 8/31/2011 2:11:54 PM

If you've got it, flaunt it!!!

Exactly...
While I won't go out inappropriately dressed... There is afterall, a time and place for everything... I have no problem being seen without a shirt... At my age I'm probably in better than average shape and so forth...
But it's more about comfort than anything else for me...
At least I don't have a body that needs to be hidden to make it look better....
 NS_ARTEMIS
Msg: 31
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 8/31/2011 3:18:29 PM
The problem with that Possessions is that whom determines what looks good? Based on some of the things I have seen chicks leave the house in, they clearly are blind and friendless.

As for having boobies hanging out, most chicks have those padded up so high, they need to push them down to see. Maybe one day they will have man girdles too.
 missraven1
Msg: 32
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/1/2011 1:37:52 AM
It shouldn't be based on age but if it suits the individual. Sensibility of the viewer to a shirtless guy irrespective of his age is the relevant factor imo.
Many would stereotype the late romance novelist, Barbara Cartland, an elderly woman who wore quite heavy make-up as inappropriate because of her advanced age or consider her bright blue eyeshadow garish. I'm only aghast that she went out in public without being able to apply her lipstick properly.
I prefer subtlety not a try-hard or show-off. If the clothing accentuates as opposed to blatantly saying "look at my biceps", it's ok. Then again singlet tops may be a part of a guy's regular wardrobe. However it's easy to assume he wants to show off his bod.
 omr615
Msg: 33
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/1/2011 4:43:36 AM
OP,

Bro, if any female is going to be turned off by you wearing a tight shirt or a shirt unbuttoned halfway is most likely insecure with her own body and isn't the one for you. You go to the gym, you bust your butt, you eat right, I say go for it. You're going to get more positive attention than negative attention if you ask me. Especially once those drinks start flowing, they'll be unbuttoning the rest of your shirt!
 kinley68
Msg: 34
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/2/2011 3:37:33 PM
I agree with you NSH71. But SO MANY men on here do it - even men over 40. I know it doesn't mean you're a person of bad character, it's just TACKY. It's not appealing. It sends a mature woman the message that you are more concerned with looks than an adult man should be and that you might still be viewing women with the emotional maturity of a 19 year old boy. Just my opinion...
 kinley68
Msg: 35
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/2/2011 3:41:36 PM
...if you have a nice body you are proud of, that's great. The fact that I think it is tacky for a man of a certain age to post shirtless pics or pics with buttons undone does NOT mean I am insecure with my body - it just means I prefer a more mature man. I have little interest in what your chest looks like if you are unable to contribute to an intelligent conversation.
 Possessions
Msg: 36
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/2/2011 6:20:57 PM
You're basing your judgment of a man's maturity on whether or whether not he wears a shirt? Oh hell, girl... you have bigger problems.
 kinley68
Msg: 37
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/2/2011 8:51:23 PM
Well, yes. We are not talking about whether or not he wears a shirt. We're talking about decisions he makes regarding making first impressions. I did not suggest that these men are lacking in character or that they are not good people. They probably are nice guys, just not my type. With that said, you look like you are probably a bit younger than I am Possessions; so maybe it is a generational thing. Oh well - we'll agree to disagree and celebrate our differences Good luck!
 Johnjoejeff
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/3/2011 1:28:55 AM
I'll wear a tank top when its hot out. It isn't always about trying to show off what you work out for. Sometimes it is comfortable, or maybe you have some tattoos or something...it really doesn't bother me. I'll look at anyone's tattoos if they are hanging out. If a female does it I think its a plus. Show some cleavage. Show some thigh. This makes the world happier.
 Patrick45015
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/3/2011 8:55:36 PM
I don't go around shirtless since I have gained weight but when I did it wasn't to show off anything it was cause of the heat. Same with shorts, muscle shirts or sandals. I wear shorts when I am out on my property triming sticker bushes from my trails all by my self. My legs get scratched up but its just too hot for pants. Not everyone is out to make a fashion statement or show off. I actually dress according to the weather
 114M3
Msg: 40
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/3/2011 9:22:58 PM
Meh .. I don't really care ... I mean if I don't think they look all that I just won't look ...... .... and like some others pointed out, not every guy who goes shirtless/ wear muschle shirts is necessarily doing it for attention .... if its a scorching hot day they're at the beach, fixing the roof, doing yardwork or whatever else .... it may be for practical purposes.
 razsharper
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/4/2011 7:23:43 AM
I second that emotion. Lol
 Nick_Y
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:31:09 AM
This is strange. I've seen Seal and Brad Pitt photographed recently w/ unbuttoned top bottons and I think both are in their 40s (and doing something right apparently). I would think it's OK. When I was skinny I didn't have enough body so I never did anything like that. But since working out for years now; I'll wear a wife beater; especially on hot days. And even take my shirt off. Especially if it's really hot. Although I don't have it in my profile pic since i think it's cheese (am I wrong)?

Who knew there were all these uptight women. Also nothing ticks me off more than every nice night out ( I live downtown w/ trendy bars & restaurants) how every yuppy needs to put on their button up, all the way to the top with a t shirt under it; collared stuffy/ yuppy look. It's so cliche and lame. Also what does what I'm wearing have to do with anything? Funny the only attention I seem to get while shirtless is from homosexual men.
 Nick_Y
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/5/2011 8:26:10 AM
Ha. just posted some pics of myself shirtless on a beach on vaca. in my 30s and still a punk. lol.

***Tee***
Msg: 44
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/5/2011 9:07:34 AM
Hey..I can't deny I like looking at some good eye candy...Unfortunately, the majority of shirtless men I see on here, really SHOULDN'T be taking their shirts off.

That being said..even if you do look good without a shirt on, unless its a tasteful pic, I'd have a hard time taking you seriously. I can't really explain why I feel that way, but it just doesn't do it for me. I suppose its the same reason I don't post pics of myself with major cleavage or in a bikini
 grantfl80
Msg: 45
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/5/2011 10:06:48 AM
If I had an awesome knife scar or some sort of a stitched up bullet wound I'd be more inclined to post photos of myself without a shirt.

G
 SunDevil_in_SC
Msg: 46
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/5/2011 10:17:50 AM
I used the following to answer a question on profile review, but I think that it still is valid for guys in their 30's.

OP, really it has to do with context. To me, it is like when I see a woman's bikini photo on a dating website ... what I normally think is that it depends on the location where it was taken. For example, if the location is:

1) On a boat or at the beach -> I think, "Wow! She looks hot and seems to be having fun."
2) In front of a mirror in a bathroom -> I think, "Wow, she must be desperate."

Now, is she really desperate? I don't really know. However, that is my initial perception.

However, it depends on interests as well. For example, if you are a model, is there any possibility that you can have a photographer friend take some pictures of a unbuttoned shirt photo while you were posing? What I'm trying to convey is that if it looks/is done classy, it probably will be taken by women as classy. If it look/is done cheaply, it probably will be taken as such.

However, I'm not a woman, so I'll default to their feedback if they disagree. I think the key for the banning of shirtless photos on the boards here is that for it to be done in a classy fashion, you have to have a rules list that looks like the rules list to use to toilet on the space shuttle. Thus, in the long run, people would just bypass the rules, and the result is not good. So they just ban the photo altogether. Besides, as a rule of thumb, it is probably better for guys to bypass the whole shirtless photo angle altogether.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 47
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/5/2011 2:21:23 PM
Time and a place. Obviously, some people pump a little iron. I am one of them. I wear clothes that are right for where I am going. And like one other poster said, if some people have a lot of muscle, no matter what we wear, you can see it !! I have a difficult time finding a lot of girly clothes being built this way that totally cover me up. However I still buy nice things and wear what I want.

People can look good in a suit or a bikini. Again, it matters where we are. Men with nice bodies can be shirtless in the right place. Even here I do not mind if it is recent and they look good. A lot of confusion on here about Athletic & Average....

It is not always about * hey look at me *. I do find people who are NOT in shape tend to think those of us who are, are show offs. Put two people in the same out fit and the one who is buff, will be accused of being a show off, etc. Which is not really fair. However, I am used to people being stupid about it.

Just dress accordingly. The nice thing about muscle shirts and some of the things I wear sometimes, is they FIT right ! I would not wear it to work, but out in the sun or somewhere else? Hell ya !! Beats being all wrapped up in something that barely fits big biceps and then we look even more lame. However I am a bit bigger than normal, so for me it is hard to hide.

I admire anyone who works hard on their body. It is NOT easy !!! It also does not mean people are just show offs.

I post photos of my body ALSO because I do not want to be a huge shock or be accused of being a liar either. A lot of people are SO misleading about their body types on here, and I make it clear what I do. The men I have met were impressed but also some were in shock, because they expected ME to be a lie...and I am not. So, it is not for attention, believe me. It is for honesty reasons. I know how mad I get when a guy shows how fit he is, then shows up fat as hell, using old photos....LOL
 vchick1971
Msg: 48
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/6/2011 6:48:54 PM
Maffers: Kudos to you for overcoming a condition with hard work. I am still LMBO at the Zubas....I totally forgot about those until now. I now picture this guy, leaning on a Trans Am with zebra-striped Zubas, and a bad Brady hairdo! Thanks man. ;)
 Frankc3015
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/8/2011 9:40:26 AM
Well said Double standard................
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 50
Shirtless After 30
Posted: 9/8/2011 3:16:08 PM
So........

I guess as*less chaps are out.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Shirtless After 30