Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvio      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 x_file
Msg: 26
what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious onesPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones

When I'm really horny.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:51:02 PM
perigee
thanks for sharing that music/video! says alot, and awww the interlocked pinkies....

kaylee
 Pingshooter
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:06:09 PM
Just talking..nice sunsets, sunrises. Festivals to go to with someone, when the grandchildren do something funny, have something going on at school. Holidays..saying good morning to someone..LOL
 MagikMan59
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:07:52 PM
While traveling. I recently went to Florida to visit my son and his family, and while I loved it, having that special someone would have made it even better.
 Taoistic1
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:28:04 PM
I have to go with the pillow talk early on a weekend morning. Laying in bed holding each other and listening to the birds outside the window. Just being lazy for a little while. And also the cooking together. Hugs while she tries to chop the veggies. In the end it is the little things that make up a life.
 forumjunkie942
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:30:00 PM
Sometimes it's nice to wake up next to someone else.

Sometimes on holidays, it would be nice to have a special someone around.

Sometimes it's nice, when you have a lot to do, to have division of labor, extra hands.
 beenambedie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:56:16 PM
Falling asleep with my arm around her and waking up in the same position.
 Phenomenally43
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:04:38 PM
This evening I attended a local city festival...nothing major but got to hear my favorite band play. Watching the couples dancing made me miss that...closeness, affection and simply being in a man's arms...yeah...that's a big one.
 infennario
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:18:10 PM
So many of the things eveyone's said.

the knowing smiles, brushing hands as you walk by each other,

how he could look at me when something happened and I knew what he was thinking and then he'd make this face to push my button so I had to gulp down laughs. It was usually such a stupid thing, which made it funnier. He was such a trouble maker and loved to pull my chain.

I miss football Saturdays and wrangling over which of our teams would take priority on the tube, and zipping back and forth between games. We even got to like each other's quarterbacks. (Big 10 and Big 12- wow.)

Walking out the door together for work and kissing at the cars.

Someone you rarely have to explain anything to because they know you and you know them.

That absolutely great feeling you get when the person you love is so happy and excited about something good that happened. Being really excited tell your partner when something good happens to you. Getting ice cream cones to celebrate.

Working together in the garden or kitchen or house.

Laughing so hard you cry when you flub up when working together in the garden or kitchen or house.
 majyk1
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:33:29 PM
Someone else taking out the darn trash?
I don't really "miss" any thing...accept the obvious... sex.
 Artful22
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:43:28 PM
I would agree that having your partner with you for social events would be nice, but my ex never did that so I got used to going solo many times.

The moments I look forward to having again someday: every once in a while and out of the blue, when your guy looks over the paper , catches your eye as you walk into the room, or is waiting for you somewhere and he sees you approach, and a smile lights up his face. And vice versa.
 cedar77
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:44:35 PM

When I get a great big pimple that needs popping on my back .

Any potential dates must be wanting to meet me more than ever now . lol

For some reaosn it said too short to post so I will rambbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblllle on ....

JD4Real29
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/27/2011 9:23:58 PM

This evening I attended a local city festival...nothing major but got to hear my favorite band play. Watching the couples dancing made me miss that...closeness, affection and simply being in a man's arms...yeah...that's a big one.

Ditto.

I was also at a city festival this weekend and felt the same.
 voschi
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/27/2011 9:26:43 PM
those nights when i realize i have no social life, no man in my life, and i'm at home doing homework on a weekend instead of in the company of a potential mate...
 voschi
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/27/2011 9:30:41 PM
hey cedar..i'll pop the pimples on your back if you'll pluck the hairs on my neck that i cant see to pluck myself
 jojoaus
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 2:10:20 AM
I am not single just now but my guy travels overseas a fair bit. I miss having someone to grocery shop with!!! I also miss going for a walk with him... most folks my age are walking with husbands/partners and, while I still enjoy my walks, I miss having someone to people-watch with.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/28/2011 2:45:47 AM
I miss having someone being there to fetch a new roll of TP when I miscalculate!

I miss when having someone ask if I want anything when they go to the kitchen...

I miss missing someone!
 waidttma
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:06:15 AM
When I have good news and want to share it with someone who would care as much as I do....I call my mum instead :)
 ilovehowiecarr
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 8:47:05 AM
I just miss being with someone who has the same sense of humor. We both know what the other is thinking and laugh at the same things at the exact same time. That's what I miss the most. That's probably the biggest problem I have on dates. I will find something I see to be really funny, and the guy I'm with just has a DUH look on his face. Really makes me miss my ex.
 steph_0929
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/28/2011 8:56:18 AM
I miss inside jokes and having the same sense of humor. Cuddling up on the couch watching a movie or TV.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 9:02:57 AM
I just discovered (post hurricane) how lousy it is to be in a completely empty house after the power goes out for a day. No one to commiserate or get ideas from, of how to find a way to live without electricity.

So I guess the whole "reason to do stuff" thing is what I miss the most.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/28/2011 11:19:50 AM
Hugs while she tries to chop the veggies. In the end it is the little things that make up a life.

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." Sam Keen.

All those little things, and someones imperfections that they may struggle to overcome and still we see them get out to enjoy life anyway.. That is much of what makes up "love"..

So let's get out and meet those imperfect people just like us.. Allow each other to have a few imperfections since that may actually become what you "love" about each other... S
 AgnstAllOdz
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/28/2011 11:35:12 AM
As some have mentioned..

I like to sit outside on the porch, especially in the eves. I often wish the chair next to me wasn't empty.

There are also many times, with having young kids, that life gets routine and overwhelming. There's just no one to turn to for a good laugh, or an undertanding smile.

Any events with the kids would be more fun with a partner along. Games, school meets and plays.. I feel odd going alone, and I only hope my kids don't feel odd only having me there.
 Peoplepleaser1
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/28/2011 11:43:03 AM
God shares a lot of beautiful things with me, but I would like a girl there to share things with also. Among them: wind flowing through a field on a full moon night, a soft cool breeze on a hot day, a comedy movie, fresh cut grass, children getting a surprise gift, singing together.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 11:51:09 AM
so many wonderful little snippets of what brings joy to people written. a glimpse of the softer side of the forumnites.........

i worried about my question making people feel sad. i don't think that was the result. the responses made me feel more hopeful and made me smile and remember some good stuff.

kaylee
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones