Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvio      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2Nice4ya
Msg: 101
view profile
History
what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious onesPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
It do happen to most people though,,,thats why we have this site
 northwickedwitch
Msg: 102
view profile
History
what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones
Posted: 10/15/2011 11:52:13 PM
Hmmm, I read each and evry post on this thread. Unfortunately, it made me realize what I never had but could/should have. I've said before, I knew my ex wasn't a romantic from the get go, so that was no biggie.
But I read things like,: i miss cooking with someone, the a$$ grab at the kitchen sink, doing dishes together, sitting on the porch sharing wine, having texts randomly sent for a im thinking of you, or drives on sunday, or vacations, or holidays, wedding partners, (he went but kicking and screaming, no dancing etc, and leave immediately after the meal), the kicking back together watching a movie, snuggling while watching.
I think you get the pooint...after 17 years of marriage, i missed out on a marriage of any of these things. So i either can choose to continue not to miss it, or i could choose to allow myself to wish i could find someone that was even a few of those things.

But i do miss his quirky sense of homour, in fact he still makes me laugh, that we did well together. So now i find a guy who seems to be all these things in one, claims to love me (tho we've never met face to face), and im not feeling the spark. I'm walk alone.
 home_osorio
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:02:56 AM
i miss being beside him. cuddling. our legs intertwined together. watching a movie together. watching him smile. riding on trains together with him when he has someplace to go to. meet his granny.
 Taoistic1
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:12:29 AM
Those who wrote the missing of the Ritual Sunday dinners added another good/sad one to miss. Also the Holiday dinners here in the home. Those are things you really can't do as a dater since while dating you have not gotten to the point of creating you own new rituals yet.

And the lady who wrote the grab-assing in the kitchen has another point. Ahh the kisses on her neck while she attempts to chop the veggies!!

This really is a bittersweet thread!
 Glenoran1
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/16/2011 9:58:07 AM
^^^^^ Taoistic1, bitter-sweet it is, but it also highlights whether the person making the comments is remembering through a glass-half-full or -half-empty frame of mind, or just perhaps, they are remembering both (a balanced approach).

When a person studies for a test, 'last in is first remembered', because it's fresher. Same with a relationship. The ending, especially emotionally-charged as it usually is (be it a passing or a break-up), tends to make it the part that is remembered most forcefully. It is good to remind oneself (or be reminded by threads such as this) of the good times that went before, especially if the relationship was a happy one -- all the little things that drew you close and kept you close.

It is a reaffirmation of the promises of happiness that are inherent in a good relationship. Whether those promises are broken later on is a moot point; thing is, they did exist, they were shared by the partners, and love was expressed and received in wonderful ways.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/16/2011 11:21:30 AM
After being widowed, i always felt sad around 5 pm, the time he would come for dinner. Even if he was working, he would stop by, give us all a hugs & kiss, & grab a bite to eat. Early mornings were hard, i always missed the sound of him puttering around the house, & how the house would smell of his shampoo & cologne even after he left.

Weekends were tough also, we used to go to Miami, South Beach, or the Hard Rock in Hollywood on weekends, and enjoy the big city.

Now that i am in a relationship, i do not take any of these things for granted!
Enjoy every little moment!
 singleous
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/16/2011 11:36:32 AM
I miss having that person to come home to. When you've had a bad day, that you can call and just talk about anything but the bad and suddenly it doesn't matter anymore.
 Natgoat
Msg: 108
What are some of the times you most miss a relationship-(not the obvious ones)
Posted: 10/16/2011 5:37:54 PM
Watching a Fabulously Beautiful Sunset...Or a Big, Bright Orange Full Moon rising...!!
......a l o n e.....

s i g h
 sschooly
Msg: 109
What are some of the times you most miss a relationship-(not the obvious ones)
Posted: 10/16/2011 9:58:57 PM
I miss having someone around to just talk to. Even just the quirky, meaningless kind of conversation and knowing it's just that. Friends are good as a substitute though.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:02:02 AM
glenoran

i really appreciate your insight and ability to convey the messages.

your example

"last in is first remembered"

that is so true initially.

thankfully, my favorite, trusted healer, TIME, allows the good memories to resurface.

kaylee
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/17/2011 5:33:57 AM
Smelling her hair when we spoon and watch movies...or that look from across the room...the one that says, yes we're apart but our hearts are still touching!
 HappinessOK
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 7:41:49 AM
Sunday is the worst day of the week for me as a single person..its the day that all my friends are doing their family time. I have noone to hang out with and I jst miss that wonderful feeling of having someone of your own to hang out with to do together things. Cooking for one is no fun either!

Going to a wedding or similar function I miss having a partner.

Recently I returned from a wonderful vacation ..I went on my own..when I came home I felt soo alone and lonely..there was noone to tell what a wonderful vacation I'd had.

Most of the time Im ok with being single....to do as I please, when I please.
 unspoiled
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 3:11:14 PM
Being greeted upon arriving home.
Having someone to think about.
 LuvADKs
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:33:37 PM
I haven't read all the other replies, but here's my 2 cents:

I miss having someone around to do things with on the weekends. During the week my job and my kids take up most of my time. Friday evening is usually "out with friends" night. But Saturday and Sunday evenings, it would really be nice to have someone around.

(But I get over it come Monday morning...)
 Glenoran1
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:39:40 PM
Southmeetswest, thanks for the kind words. Yes, time has helped enormously, and I'm delighted to hear it has for you, too.
 sportsgirl7700
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/18/2011 6:03:21 PM
In addition to what I wrote previously, I miss the following:

- Always having a clean car
- Getting a massage whenever I want one
- Someone to kill spiders
 southmeetswest
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 6:25:41 PM
i could have used a spider killer last night. that thing was huge and hopping up and down. i got it though!
 Glenoran1
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:09:59 PM
I just evict spiders. I don't kill anything I don't have to.
 Maleman999
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:28:30 PM
I used to be the designated spider killer. But now I have a cat that catches and eats spiders, flies and ants, so the bug problem is covered.
 azul14
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:38:00 PM
I miss waking up to the smell of coffee brewing, now I have to make my own.

I miss my car being cleaned and filled up with gas every Sunday.

I miss having a permanent date at the weekend....
 BigBangLaker
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:41:58 PM
I have realized when I matured women cannot give me smoething I dont already have.
That being said the longer I have been away from a ex the less I see the reason for the realtionship. Not bitter just realistic, women really try to turn men into a girl friends lol
 southmeetswest
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:47:37 PM
glen

i don't like to kill anything either. but this thing was not eviction material. larger than a half dollar and was jumping like a tai kwon do expert!

i was afraid to let him get away and out of sight to show up later in the bedroom! would never have been able to sleep til i hunted him down.......
 Cynderella
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:07:59 PM
I miss someone who worships my piggies (toes) lol

I miss being missed...
 cin____dy
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:19:25 PM
Holidays or Sundays. I see couples going out together. Or at a club when everyone has a date and men alone think oh she must be out to pick up a man--NOT! Just because they are out for that does not mean a woman is. . Family events yes, here I AM still ALONE AGAIN hehe. . Trips. It is so hard going on a trip without anyone but I still do it. Or taking a road trip, hard to go to those out of the way places as a woman alone. Or how about football games and other sporting events. Or fishing. a woman can not go to a lake alone with no one around fishing.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:14:38 AM
Yes, Southmeetswest, that's true. I've awakened with spider bites on occasion. Sure does itch! Admittedly, at those times my pacifistic nature tends to give way to more aggressive tendencies. But by then the spider has usually done an efficient disappearing act (grin).
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones