Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Physically abused for the first time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brownie360
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Physically abused for the first timePage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Now get a RESTRAINING ORDER for him not to come to your home, child's school or your place of employment. Also include the places of employment and or residences of family members and friends. You can file this under the domestic violence act and it will cost you nothing. Alert all of your family members and close friends of what's going on. Be clear, careful and aware of what is going on and be on alert of your surroundings and carry MACE or PEPPER SPRAY!
 cin____dy
Msg: 177
Physically abused for the first time
Posted: 10/23/2011 5:29:47 PM
End it! Just because it took him 3 years does not mean he isn't capable of more. The first time someone gets violent with you reguardless of how long you have been together should be the last time.
If he gets violent when drinking that is not unusual, that is when a lot of people's anger and personalities they hide come out.
Once a person crosses the line and becomes violent it gets eaier and easier for them to do it, sure they boo hoo hoo and apologize, but I promise you 99% of the time it will happen again, might be a long time but might not.
 musical_turtle
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/24/2011 11:25:09 AM
Don't try to understand why he did it...
Don't try to 'help him' out with his issues...
Don't look for the pros in the relationship so you can stay together...
The fact is this guy, an adult, could NOT control his alcohol consumption.
He also kicked you in the ribs, NEXT time it could be your head...and you could be in a coma. If he hit you once....he'll do it again. Besides, is this the type of male example you want for your son? That if he argues with a woman and is drunk...it's an excuse that it's okay to hit her?You should leave this relationship A.S.A.P, and find someone else.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2011 4:25:59 PM
I agree with Peppermint, LEAVE! You've gotta lookout for yourself OP. Any partner that doesn't look out for you is not right for you, period.
 ModernTLC
Msg: 180
Posted: 10/24/2011 4:46:35 PM
Once is one time too many and the fear and uncertainty you will live with will eventually get to you. The trust has been shattered so move forward and take some time to heal.

Keep you and your son safe- LEAVE!
 DarkTallnSweet
Msg: 181
Posted: 10/24/2011 7:23:58 PM
Leave asap! Domestic violence starts off with a push or shove accidentally and progresses to something worse. There is NEVER an excuse for violence and he probably remembers but the point is he showed you his real side.

There are many other men out there and would love to be in a relationship with you. However, they will not be violent. Again leave for the sake of your child and yourself.
 pretzelman60
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2011 7:56:32 PM
No chance. They always promise to "reform". If he hit you once, it is likely he will do it again. No one deserves that. Male or female. I mention this because some women are just as guilty. First the "I didn't know what I was doing" excuses. Then more frequent beatings. Then in front of your son. Then the son. Stop it before it escalates. That's it in a nutshell

JMO
 WanderingRain
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2011 8:11:40 PM
Not the first time... and certainly not the last.
Nor are you unique.
there's many others.
We never seem to learn.
Doomed to make the same mistakes over and over.
What is particularly sad is the next guy/s will end up paying for this boyfriend's abuse towards you.
I guarantee it.
 MDHtuesday
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2011 8:21:01 PM
I HAVE to respond to this.

A great guy I was involved with turned psycho one night. I don't have time (or desire) to go into the details. I was crying to my brother about it all and he was as baffled by the behavior as I. Then my brother - the doctor - recalled that my guy had recently started some new medication. Yep. It was the meds. He switched prescriptions and we've never had a repeat. That was several years ago. Just check to be sure before you throw away your relationship.
 madamx7316
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2011 8:42:54 PM
perhaps i got it all wrong here, but coming from someone who has escaped a violent marriage, once it happens it only gets easier each passing time and more frequent. ive heard it all, ill stop drinking, go to church , get help, etc... each time it just got worse... sweetie, you gotta do what you gotta do. i left my ex and he was the absolute love of my life and i didnt think i would live thru it, i coiuldnt breathe... but i had to love myself more. ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers! ( sorry for typing im 1/2 asleep lol) hugs....
 want to travel
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2011 9:30:50 AM
Alcoholics are sick people, it is a treatable disease
and abuse is never ok, ever
 kcladyz
Msg: 187
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:31:57 PM
Well let him try the counceling, if he backs out then dump him. give him may be one try to get better
 GeorgeT13
Msg: 188
Posted: 10/26/2011 6:53:17 PM
My father was a terrible drunk and always claimed to never remember what happened. It's a terrible thing. I've been quite drunk before and never, ever pushed anyone around whatsoever. I don't understand how men can do that stuff. I would never utter a harsh word to my daughter or any woman I was in a relationship with.

If a man does that sort of thing, I would hold off on the relationship and get him some help. If he doesn't take the help or if he continues with his behavior, then leave him or it will never change. It will ruin your life.
 Ultra9
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:03:18 PM
Follow your mind and end that relationship. He just giving you a taste of what to expect once you both move in together. So far he has hid his true self or maybe you have ignored so of the those red flags. (Be safe for you and you child)
 playfulpete
Msg: 190
Posted: 10/27/2011 7:23:03 AM
Leave now,He did it once , He could do it again. Nip it in the butt while you can,no women needs to put up with it,not even once.I have heard women say that they love them or care for them but love should hurt physically.There are men out there who can be a surrogate dad to your son with out getting drunk and hitting you.Being drunk is not an excuse.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 9:59:31 AM
I wouldn't put a lot of value on the drinking. It's an easy out, an excuse for his behavior. Any person who drinks is just as responsible for whatever they do while drunk, as a sober person is. The alcohol is not a behavioral factor, it just lowered his ability to control his reaction.

Your physical safety is the primary concern. However, contrite he may be, if there is no accountability, there will be no change in behavior. At least temporarily, you should not see him, until and unless he has some intervention. I would talk to whoever he goes to, before you start to see him again and get their assurance that he is "safe". Even then, I wouldn't be alone with him for a period of time until he proves to your satisfaction that he truly has changed.
 Rosamaria24
Msg: 192
Posted: 10/27/2011 10:53:48 AM
If he's done it once to you he will do it again. You have to think of yourself and your son. It is the start of a pattern and with these violent men, there is little chance of change in them. It is lucky for you in a way because now you have seen this side of him before you have moved in with him. What would it be like if it happens again when you're living with him? It really isn't worth the chance when you have children, you are your sons protection. He's probably done it before in a past relationship, best thing to do is to finish it, you may be heartbroken, but at least you'll be alive.
 c_deacon
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 10:58:17 AM
I so agree with bucsgirl!!............

People do what they want to do, need to do, and must do, and using any outside influence is nothing more than an excuse. I remember the days when young and the girls would drink and then do all types of things and claim it was the alcohol that did it....lmao

Most do what they want, and it does not matter if drinking or doing most drugs, it is a part of your personality and style............and those of us that are not abusers, will not abuse no matter what other outside influences are there or not.

cd..............
 tigerspawn
Msg: 194
Posted: 10/27/2011 2:36:39 PM
Please listen to me carefully. Dont believe him. My mom dated a man that was wonderful and kind. The family fast fell in love with him. My dad was never around and he filled that spot. At the time He was the best thing that ever happened to me and my family. He became the biggest demon that my mother ever allowed to step through the doors of our home.I was only 4 years old when he came into our lives. At first it was awesome i dont think we had ever been that happy. He would get drunk and anything and everything would set him off. Later he would claim that he didnt remember. He would cry, beg, and plead until he was forgiven. My mother would always forgive him. It just allowed the monster to grow and fell safe. Eventually you become numb to the abuse and accept it as part of the routine. Years later you may even convince yourself ,like my mother, that it never happened. Your child on the other hand wont forget. They will live in constant fear that the monster will get out of its cage. They will lose sleep with worry that it will eventually kill someone. Your child is affected by every choice you make. They are shaped by your decisions. Dont allow this man to damage your child. Sometimes the deepest scars are the ones you cant see. May God give you the strength in whatever you decide to do.
 develdude
Msg: 195
Posted: 10/28/2011 10:52:58 AM
time to go people who assult women dont stop at one
 cleoishere
Msg: 196
Posted: 10/28/2011 5:12:41 PM
Are you crazy? Forget him!
You feel betrayed and numb now, tomorow you will miss him. In a year you'll be married, he WILL do it again, and you're stuck. I have felt and thought what you have...if you need an ear, you can message me.
 misterbrown1
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2011 11:12:24 PM
If, you actually have feelings for him, then wait to see if he can actually quit drinking and seek counselling, if not, there really wont be much hope, he most likely will get drunk again, and repeat what just happened, you and your son don't deserve that kind of treatment
 pirateheaven
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2011 10:55:20 AM
Message 11 nailed it

"The cemetery is full of forgiving partners, so are prisons full of women who had enough."
 lotustemple
Msg: 199
Posted: 10/30/2011 11:34:37 AM
I think he needs to see a doctor. My guess is he had a psychotic episode, and he should never drink again. Could very well be alcohol induced on top of brain damage, even a childhood accident of falling on his head. Ask him about head injuries.

Add lots of intoxicants to brain damage and you can get a very spooky character who may not even remember what happened. Or he has a borderline psychosis brought on with alcohol intoxication without an injury. That one i would definitely walk away from.

Good Luck!
 kfpns2011
Msg: 200
Posted: 10/30/2011 1:20:36 PM
Girl where is your self esteem and self respect? You have a child to protect. GET RID OF HIM NOW! Not only can he hit you when he's drunk, but he can hit you when he is sober as well. It doesn't matter if it was only once. ONCE IS ALL IT TAKES! If you don't get rid of this LOSER your child will grow to resent you.

I was in an abusive relationship myself. I tossed him to the trash! My son is # 1 and yours should be too!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Physically abused for the first time