Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Looks really are everything....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wanda49
Msg: 451
Looks really are everything....Page 19 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

They say beauty is only skin deep. But I guess 99 percent of every woman I've meet on this site and in public doesn't look beyond that. The glares, wierd looks, and long stares make your reason for living fade a little bit more each day. I guess ugly people should just kill themselves because they have no chance whatsoever. They say life is what you make it, so who needs hell when you're already living in it everday...
I thought I was reading something I had written until I realized it was written by a guy. I thought guys were the only sex that was visual. It is very sad you feel the way you do.. but I have felt that way many times myself. Hopefully someone will come along when we least expect it to accept us for the way we are, but we have to try to put the negative feelings about ourselves asside, even for a short time to have that happen. We have to learn to like who we are ourselves in order to get it to happen. I have had to struggle to do that myself for a very long time and still have days when I still have to work on it.

It is very difficult to live in a visual society when no one seems to want anything to do with us because of how we look. I don't consider myself good looking or ugly, so I don't know what guys are actually looking for. Unless you are a super model, no one will give you the time of day in a place like this.. It is VERY SAD!!.
 TrevG
Msg: 452
Looks really are everything....
Posted: 6/16/2007 9:36:24 PM
Mrunique, thank you for the kudos! I appreciate it
 bearheart444
Msg: 453
Posted: 6/16/2007 10:11:43 PM
I would differ on the looks are everything deal, guys ya need to hang in there, try execising you patience and clearing your thoughts from all that depressing stuff, and ya know have of learning how to express your self in communications is learning to listen, really listen, sometimes it not all spoken words, if you are able to hear feelings, you wil find someone, at the least to talk to, i cant garantee more then this, the rest is up to you, and how you deal with it when the ball is finally in your court, now what ya gonna do
 Just2much
Msg: 454
Posted: 6/16/2007 10:15:33 PM
Not everything but important to most people. Money and the willingness to spend it on your date is as important. I don't have the look most women notice or throw money at them, I'm not out to buy anyone even if I could. If just being me isn't good enough, I would want that woman anyway.
 mrunique
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2007 11:45:27 PM

If just being me isn't good enough, I would want that woman anyway.

'wouldn't'
the best motto anyone could live by
 Just2much
Msg: 456
Posted: 6/17/2007 2:31:54 PM
Oops! That should have been, wouldn't want that woman anyway. Thanks for noticing and correting my typo.
 csc6
Msg: 457
Posted: 8/11/2007 9:43:47 AM

Looks don't mean squat. I don't consider myself attractive, however every girl that ive ever been with has been very very, guys turn and look at them everywere they go, type of attractive. How did I get these girls? My attractive personality and disposition always won them over. Personality can go a very long way. The downside to this is the fact that every single one of them turned out to be crazy, and very very ugly on the inside and no amount of good looks can make up for that. I don't care who you are or how much money you make.

In the end it always comes down to whats on the inside and thats what makes or breaks everything. The outside is just a shell. I will gladly take someone who is far below societys standards of attractive that has an awesome personality over someone who has no personality and awesome good looks. When someone has a shining personality but may not look that great at first, you will find overtime that the more you are around them the more attracted you feel. This isn't always the case of course but it is very common.

i am very touched and impressed by what nailbunny wrote. I may be gullible but wow, i feel exactly the same.....

to add my own opinion to that: sexuality is very important too. i can definitely say im attracted to people that have that sexy look or flirty look even if average looking..... that is so much more important to me than a perfect face/body with a 'blank look' ..if that makes sense
 beachchick
Msg: 458
Posted: 8/11/2007 11:08:48 AM
Well, I know this is an old topic, but after reading this guy's profile, something tells me there's a lot more than "looks" that is keeping anyone from being attracted to him:

About Me
Unless you have similar interests than me I wouldn't bother because I would probably bore you to death... I've only met 1 person in my life (a co-worker) who would have been a perfect match but she is already engaged to someone...(sigh)... I'm not a very active or social person since it requires having friends to do those things... I'm not attractive either so trying to win your heart with romance would be pathetic..

WHO would want to go out with this person? I don't care if he looks like Brad Pitt, I'm not going out with the person in that profile! As I was reading it, I was hearing the voice of Eyore, from Winnie the Pooh!
 SatNiteFever
Msg: 459
Posted: 8/11/2007 11:20:39 AM
Try getting a date after your face kissed a windshield @ about 80-90 mph and you had new steel in your arm and hip. I have some ideas for people that cross the center line..........
 ImaMojoMan
Msg: 460
Posted: 8/11/2007 12:33:05 PM
As much as most profiles focus on warm fuzzies, this is a pretty cold and cruel process. Most people do it like shopping for a car: these are the features I want, this is all I'm willing to pay. Remember this while you're car shopping: the bicest cars are the same ones everybody wants, so they have the highest rate of theft.
 rawdude
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 12:39:35 PM
Look at the heart...than the appearance.....
 munchy4
Msg: 462
Posted: 8/11/2007 1:25:50 PM
Im just curious, but why are you people who are saying looks really ARE everything, dont have a photo of yourself on your profile?
I mean, dont you think you would get more replies if you had a photo? Or are you self councious (sp) and afraid of what you look like?
I for one, have been told im attractive, but due to a previous emotionaly abusive relationship, is hard for me to beleive.
But all in all, we are all beautiful on the inside, and and should be happy with ourselves.
I encourage all to not give up, smile, and be happy with their accomplishments they do have.
There truly is someone out there for all of us.
 dotma
Msg: 463
Posted: 8/11/2007 4:13:19 PM
Loveless,

How can a woman even see what you look like with no picture on your profile? I read your profile and to be perfectly honest, I think it really really shows that you do not feel good about yourself. In it you pretty much say -- dont contact me if you dont like the same things I like. I cant speak for anyone else but I think a guy and a girl can definitely have different interests. I can do girl things with my girl friends and he could do guy things with his guy friends. You also say that basically you dont go anywhere and dont have any friends. Now im not saying that being a party animal is attractive but neither is being with somebody who is antisocial and who you think is going to hate everybody.

I am of mixed race also and I faced some of the same things as you. I never felt a part of any group really and was painfully painfully shy during my entire childhood and teen years. I have been looked at, discriminated against, and all that stuff -- so I really do understand some of what you are feeling.

I think, first of all, that you sound severely depressed. That is nothing to be ashamed of, and maybe you should try getting on some antidepressants -- its a medical condition and I dont know you but you sound severely depressed. Maybe you should talk to a counselor about your feelings also. I just think you dont give yourself a chance to be liked and maybe you try to brush people off before they can have a chance to hurt you.
 Oh well
Msg: 464
Posted: 8/11/2007 4:39:50 PM
not nece$$arily $ometime$.......
 goldangel
Msg: 465
Posted: 8/11/2007 9:10:49 PM
No looks are not everything. I am 5" 10 , a nurse , a model and an esthetician. I think I look ok. My boyfriend is bald, has dentures , is overweight and is 12 years older, I love him with all my heart. He treats my daughter and I like gold. So if people would look beyond the wrappings, They may find the love of their life under there. Some people have sent insulting comments to me on here about his looks, but I think they are rude, shallow people. Hope this helps! Angie
 SempreLibera
Msg: 466
Posted: 8/12/2007 8:13:21 AM
Wait, Loveless, don't kill yourself yet!

One person's "ugly" is another person's "beautiful".

I have been head over the hills in love with guys whom others considered "ugly". On the other hand, I've known guys whom other girls chased like crazy because of their looks, and I was looking at those guys, thinking: "What in the world do these girls find in them?"
 laurenlou
Msg: 467
Posted: 8/12/2007 7:19:19 PM
you decide what kind of love story you're going to have and for the record, i think your mind is already made up.
 PickyProfessional
Msg: 468
Posted: 8/23/2007 11:46:03 PM
Looks count a LOT, money counts a LOT, level of education counts a LOT, not having kids counts a LOT. I'm nice looking, very well-educated, have no children (by choice), make a great salary and have all sorts of retirement investments. Why would I settle for anything less in a man? If I were 70 yrs old, I'd feel the same way. If I ever find myself too old to attract the kind of men I'm used to (i.e. my peers and beyond), I'd prefer to do without. I'm not about to lower my standards.

Basically, the men I seek have doctoral degrees, a great income, they're tall, good-looking with full heads of hair, they're sincere, no children (or at least, out of the house and financially independent), and they appreciate a woman who's a notch above the evaerage woman in looks, intelligence, education, personality/decency, and lifestyle.

Yep, tall order, but I've been married to 2 of them, so I know I can attract them and they can attract me. Like begets like.
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 469
Posted: 8/24/2007 2:55:31 AM
Everyone has their own unique look about them and there is bound to be someone attracted to every individual somewhere in this world,

I truly believe tastes are widely varied, my best mate considers his fiancee model material whilst I see her as just average, likewise he though my ex was plain but I considered her georgous.

Some women consider me below average looking, whilst others think im not bad. So once you find a partner who is attracted to you, what the rest think doesn't matter.
 Chivo_diablo
Msg: 470
Posted: 8/24/2007 3:16:01 AM
I don't believe looks are everything. And I'm a guy and as a whole we are way more shallow and looks focused than women. Looks count some but in my experience personality goes alot further than you think. Self confidence is also atractive to women. I see women who are really hot with guys who are not all the time. And it's not money all the time either. I believe that alot of women value whats inside more than whats outside. Some old country song said some girls dont like guys like me...but some girls do. You'll find one who does.
 andygodwin
Msg: 471
Posted: 8/24/2007 4:14:56 PM
Mr.clean...you just hit a nerve with me....first of all you post no pic with your profile...then you tell somebody to make them selfs wealthy to aobtain a mate...where in god's name is your head?I'm gonna conter reacted to your statement....never put money into a relationship...it has no consept...I will agree that money makes life more stressless at times...but never put it first...then you tell them to contact you when they reach that point....ya right...I see right through you mister....no wonder your on this sight!!!
 Chivo_diablo
Msg: 472
Posted: 8/25/2007 12:14:24 PM

Guy above is either clueless or is sucking up.

If your refering to me Alex I may be alot of things but clueless isnt one of them. And I don't suck up to anyone for anything.
Yes some women are like that, just like some guys. I'm old, chubby, broke and I know I'm not the best looking guy on the block but I do OK. It sure as hell ain't my money or looks. I do better in real life than online because wit, personality and self confidence are more in play IRL than on line. I've gone out with a wide variety of women from dancers to a marine biologist. It's not all looks and money or I'd never get a date.
 reijo3
Msg: 473
Posted: 8/25/2007 2:20:15 PM
Hmmm
Nailbunny, I don't know what planet you are living on, but looks aren't just everything, they are the only thing. I think anyone who says they are attracted to the Hallmark card list of a "warm personality" or "what's inside of them" are just providing lip service. It's human nature to be attracted to attractive people; unfortunately, it's the so-called "ugly" people – and, in particular – "ugly" men, who suffer. It's a cruel world out there, and internet dating is a perfect microcosm of that!
 sunnyshane
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2007 2:28:05 PM
I have to agree!!!!!!!!!!Sometimes the truth hurts..........
 supragurl
Msg: 475
Posted: 8/25/2007 2:33:10 PM
meh, men are the same way on here.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Looks really are everything....