Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Looks really are everything....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockit12345
Msg: 501
Looks really are everything....Page 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
thats the only reson i went on this chat .....to cheer ppl up not to get chops 2 leave u to it lol bbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyy should have none better
 mgilmore623
Msg: 502
Looks really are everything....
Posted: 9/9/2007 7:21:19 PM
Women do it, yes... but so do we. C'mon, we all do it. Personally, I am single and successful and I am not changing my life for someone unless she is amazing. Is that shallow? No, because I have 3 kids to think about first. Being picky is something I have learned and developed from dating too many of the "wrong ones". Looks are important, but must be accompanied by a good personality and vice-versa. One more thing, it is cliche...but, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My guy friends and myself always disagree on what women are better looking, we all have different tastes. This seems to hold true with everyone, so don't give up. It'll come. No worries.
 jas_vive
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2007 8:04:06 PM
Women should stop saying that looks are more important to men then they are to women. It is important to everyone regardless wether it is male or female. Furthermore we live in an age of impulses. Women dress up for hours, do their hair, make up, tan for us men and they expect us to do the same. Men on the other hand go to seminars on how to be a pick up artist and learn the art of attracting women. They on the other hand do the same. I have dated beautiful women, not so beautiful women and the not so beautiful ones are the ones that have treated my inner child the gentlest.
Too bad I'm as superficial and stupid like everybody else.
 evagoblin
Msg: 504
Posted: 9/9/2007 9:09:02 PM
They really aren't everything, look at my profile, I don't and won't email pictures, yet despite one guy saying that only fat guys (better someone with a fat body than a fat head like he had) or mama's boys answering, I've had attractive and yes, even rich guys responding.

Without a picture, a guy really has to READ my profile, and it's not easy as it's somewhat long winded, I admit, but the guy who will take the time to read and spending the time to respond without knowing what I look like (and it does take a pretty special guy, because believe I think for some people a fate worse than death, is the possibility of spending a little time with an unattractive person!) and willing to meet me based on my values and little personality that comes out- on my profile well, I haven't had experience meeting any superficial or shallow guys because they are just responding to women (I guess) they find attractive, without bothering to read the whole profile and seeing if there a good fit!!
 duchessofnc
Msg: 505
Posted: 9/13/2007 5:01:45 AM
I don't think looks are everything. Maybe it's because we had the high school teacher who looked like Tom Cruise in Top Gun and all the girls lusted after him and he was the biggest jerk of a teacher I had ever met and thanked God that I wasn't stuck in his classroom with him. In retrospect I must admit that he probably was a jerk on purpose and in private was probably a great guy.

For me what attracts is if you are passionate, full of life, positive, intelligent, and have a great personality. We all get old. Some of us remain "timeless" and age gracefully (prays very hard to be in that category) and some of us aren't going to age so gracefully. If you base your qualities around who the person is and not the way they look it's going to improve your odds of having a match last a lifetime.

I truly believe that the reason the divorce rate is so high these days is because so many are hung up on appearance that they miss the really important things about a person that makes a match. There is a very fine line between lust and love. It can be very easy to confuse the two.
 JustRo
Msg: 506
Posted: 9/13/2007 5:16:29 AM
No. Looks arent everything BUT No matter how UGLY or how GOOD LOOKING the person is LOOKS does factor in. To all who have complained about that on here please get real. I am sure you have seen some people or come across some that you thought to yourself.... OH MY GOD, think about it>>> would you have wanted to date them?

Ro
 Just JJ
Msg: 507
Posted: 9/13/2007 2:45:37 PM
of course looks matter....
 rawdude
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2007 11:53:43 PM
Looks are improtant but not everthing...come on...love is on the inside.....
 ur2di4
Msg: 509
Posted: 9/14/2007 1:47:45 AM
Im so sorry you feel that way, I really think there is a lid for every pot, yours will come, I dont think I am attractive at all, but I can get an attractive guy easy but they dont last, if I go with someone who I feel = to it works better anyway. If someone is not attractive on they outside you should take a better look there could be that one thing about you like the way you crunch your forehead or a dimple or anything like that.
 BDRT
Msg: 510
Posted: 9/14/2007 6:47:09 AM
Looks do matter, but what one person thinks is attractive, the next person does not. My friend and I talk about this all the time. Her and I are both the same size, but what we look for in a man are total opposites.
One guy that I was totally gaga for, she said I don't know what you see in him... he's too skinny... too many "angles" lol.
I get men that tell me I am beautiful, but I have never thought I was. I was always the "ugly" sister, the "fat" friend, etc.
It's all in the eye of the beholder and I truly believe that if you keep looking, eventually you will find each other.
 dpd22
Msg: 511
Posted: 9/14/2007 9:19:20 AM
Looks are a factor, but not the only factor. I would rather date an okay looking woman that I'm compatible with over a great looking woman that I'm not compatible with. The people who state that looks don't matter at all are lying. I doubt anyone would date someone who they think is completely unattractive because he/she is a nice person.
 whatDoyouwannado
Msg: 512
Posted: 9/18/2007 5:20:59 PM
Your roomate is on to something there, I'm living proof.
 misssjj
Msg: 513
Posted: 9/18/2007 5:41:01 PM
I don't agree that looks are everything, i think that looks are a factor and if theres not even a tiny bit of attraction then theres nothing. On the other hand if they have only looks but are useless and/or a jerk and have nothing else but looks then eventually you see past the good looks and the person becomes ugly to you anyways..
 ramoth-007
Msg: 514
Posted: 9/18/2007 7:17:38 PM
Looks aren't everything. I am a big woman and fat is not a 4 letter word for me. some men are nuts over a fat woman some are not. i have gone out with men who aren't a 1o but they are the sweetest men i know. they may or may not have a great deal of money but they work. they have some sort of transportaion and they are fun to be with. only in this society with the inundation with the media do we look at others and say yuck. i have a brain my body is big due to having children i have strech marks and saggy body parts. but my body tells me that i was willing to have my shape change to have my children that i love more than anything. what is between my ears is very attractive. some men will never take the chance on the friendship with a fat woman their lose.

ramoth
 hatebowling
Msg: 515
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:59:57 PM
I have found that the majority of people on here are influenced by looks. Based mostly that I am a great guy and hopefully my profile projects that and that I tend to attract more ladies, and more attractive ladies, in person than the photo that I display which is purposefully not my best! Also, because it is so easy to be picky at home on your computer. So many women describe that they don't want a player or games but are looking for that handsome guy which means he is more likely to be a game player as he has looks and that is what creates confidence in a guy to be a player. They want that one sincere guy and where is he. Well he is probably the guy you did not respond to because he was not cute enough. I don't have to date someone who is very attractive or based on looks for me to want to be with them. I understand that looks fade! I also find that it is so difficult to date on singles website as women, and rightfully so, have to be cautious. I have now found it is easier to go out dancing to meet someone. You get to see each other's reactions and personality immediately; not after a month of emailing to test the waters. Plus, you usually get or give a phone number that night. I have always frowned on the idea of meeting the right person at a club but I must say that I haven't met the right one yet but unfortunately, it will more likely happen at a club then waiting for the overly picky people on the websites!
 hellofagal
Msg: 516
Posted: 10/8/2007 1:09:38 PM
Personally Penicillin Guy,
Are you serious?..."Focus on money and when you have done so,contact me?"""that's a joke right?...meant for dumb blonds right?
I like Red and Greens idea...."If you can't be handsome,you gotta be handy"...nothing about money notice?....but for women,true,true,true......it's YOU guys who are focused on money,not us....you never have enough...not us....and it's that primative feeling of worth eh?...
it's unfortunate bug ugliness is only in the eye of the beholder....until the hormones kick in....then just lift up the skirt...put a bag over the head..right?...don't you guys make jokes about that?...
 sexygirrly
Msg: 517
Posted: 11/27/2007 11:40:25 AM
I'd have to say im with Dayzey here....there has to be an initial physical attraction for me to actually date someone. Let me pose these questions to the men out there who send messages to attractive women and call them shallow when they dont get a reply - Would you send the same message to an "ugly" woman? Would you even stop to read the profile if her main pic didnt trip your trigger? Do you even meet the parameters this person has set as far as what they are looking for?
Personally I prefer younger men who are tall, and this is something I include in my profile. That doesnt stop my inbox from being assaulted by men old enough to be my father and short enough to live in a tree and make cookies. Some men prefer morbidly obese women - I am not large enough. Some men prefer skinny bikini supermodels - I am not small enough. Some men prefer short women - I am tall. That does not mean there is anything wrong with me, or guys old enough to be my father, or elves who live in trees. And of course I value a great personality in addition to good looks, but thats not what makes me look twice in the first place. Everyone has a right to have standards, whether you believe that they are fair and realistic or not.
 BeerShark
Msg: 518
Posted: 11/28/2007 10:06:55 PM
1)- I can't understand why this thread didn't get deleted from the start!
2)- Grow the fk up
3)- There is an old saying,"No matter how good looking a woman is, somewhere there is a man that is fed up with her sht." and I am sure this works the other way, am i right ladies?
4)- How a persom maintains his/her appearance reflects on their confidence and self-esteem. I'm talking hygein and grooming here. Natural physical attributes are only part of the picture.
 cupholder
Msg: 519
Posted: 11/28/2007 11:17:07 PM
Nah, screw it.

It just really aren't worth the trouble to try anymore.
 DaDrewskie
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2007 11:54:00 PM

Nah, screw it.

It just really aren't worth the trouble to try anymore.

Exactly man! Screw the whole thing I say!

I like what Mr.Clean (he disappeared, like my thread about disappearing pof'ers and where they go) had to say on the first page about today's dating situation:

Now that you know how brutal online dating is, Forget about trying to attract mates. Try to make MONEY. Thats right. Wealth EVENS out the playing field my friend!
If you have wealth, show me the money, and I will personally show you how you can get these women or men to line up for you for your money. THEN you can enter their mind and see what more is there.

Where is this dude now? I want him to "personally show [me] how to get women to line up for money"!
 destruction
Msg: 521
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2007 1:03:49 AM
Anyone under the age of 25 is lieing if they say looks aren't everything. Can't comment on over that age, maybe in a few years if this thread is still kicking I can.
 drmmergy
Msg: 522
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2007 1:35:42 AM
And it only took 22 pages of post's to figure that one out.Anyone who say's different is lying..... All hail the green banana!
 blondiej62
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2007 7:46:00 AM
Wow, this thread has been going for 2 years. Has anyone yet determined....Are looks everything? Or just what first attracts us??? hmmmm......wonder if Socrates ever pondered this one?
 **indigo5**
Msg: 524
Posted: 11/29/2007 4:25:08 PM
Not all women are attracted by looks only, I think that you have low self esteem and that you should try to build that up and appreciate yourself and what you have. Not all women are attracted by the obvious, speaking for myself, i dont always go for the good looking chap, for me its more about the connection, how well I get on with someon etc. I understand what you are saying, how can you get to the stage where you have a connection if no one answers you. This is a good point, but again if you work on your own self worth and promote a more positive attitude Im sure you will find a few more people willing to talk to you. What you send out it what you attract. Good luck and dont be too hard on how you look yourself and maybe others will follow.
 yllwgt2001
Msg: 525
Posted: 11/29/2007 4:31:42 PM
Looks are everything, thats the way society is seen. That's why our little girls are dying to be thin and I mean killing themselves to be thin and pretty. I know I have grown up feeling like shit for something a couple of boys said to me when I was a teen. So the answer to the age old question, is yes. I am the first to admit I have to be physically attracted to someone or it wont go anywhere.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Looks really are everything....