Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Walking Out during First Meet      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coastalmermaid
Msg: 76
Walking Out during First MeetPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
With a disclaimer that says your pics are not recent...hmmm...my vote is with those who think you actually look nothing like your pics...or you've misrepresented yourself in some way such as being rude, inability to pick up on social cues, poor hygiene, etc.

I've never actually walked out on anyone and never had anyone tell me I don't look like my pics or walk out on me...however, I"ve wanted to do that many times. If it's happened to you many times it must be something you are doing or saying that makes them all want to run.

I think we've all experienced the frustration of meeting someone who looks nothing like their pics, can't communicate other than from behind a computer screen, or has learned to disguise their psychopathic tendencies from behind the screen. I find that sort of behavior disrespectful in the extreme.

I find meeting in person asap is always best. The online medium makes it way too easy for those so inclined to lie their heads off in which case it just shows their own lack of intelligence to think those chickens won't come home to roost sooner or later.
 scottey63
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Walking Out during First Meet
Posted: 11/25/2011 4:42:22 AM
If someone kept checking her phone during a meeting, I'd ask her if she's on call for work or otherwise exepecting an important call, and if another time would be better. If not, and she kept checking her phone, I'd be sorely tempted to get up and walk out myself, although I probably wouldn't actually do it. I definitely wouldn't ask her for another date.

Forgetting to feed the dog is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Bowser isn't going to starve to death for the hour or two she might be at a meeting. She must not have any friends who could give her the fake emergency bailout call.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/25/2011 10:03:52 AM
That was rude! No that is not normal
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 10:11:20 AM

When there were no cell phones people could not behave this way.

I doubt cell phones have anything to do with people walking out of a place after meeting someone. I'm sure it happened before they were on the market.
 Dr.Z2008
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 1:36:13 PM
Don't worry about it,remember that the trademark of a low status person is avoiding conflict.She probably didn't have a "back up plan"for you and there where no girls around the bar to help her out and give them the look(Most women always have a back up plan to get out off the a first date if is not working). Be indifferent to the outcome and enjoy the moment,have fun......Next time you go out on a first date just ask her when you are ready to order for her to the bartender if she want to have "drink" or she rather have the" money"?
 mdgs
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/25/2011 1:45:17 PM
That was extremely rude. Sorry you experienced that.

But be glad to be rid of her. Not worth your time.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/26/2011 8:00:09 AM
Don't feel bad. I had one lady bail early on me during the date after she was constantly on her damn cell phone. To her credit, she paid her share of the bill before leaving early.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/26/2011 4:47:06 PM
I was making reference to the op's date using the cell phone during the date. And then she gets up and leaves. It was probably all a bull$hit ruse by her, and she used the cell phone as a reason to leave. What would people do in a situation like that when there were no cell phones? If the op's date had not had a cell phone, it would have been a little trickier to pull off what she did.
 TuffGuy666
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/26/2011 4:52:03 PM
OP, she left because she didn't like you. She could have been nicer in the way she handled it, but in the end what difference does it make? Move on. And get a thick skin.
 rec_diver
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/29/2011 10:11:03 AM

BeachBum46038: OP, she left because she didn't like you. She could have been nicer in the way she handled it, but in the end what difference does it make? Move on. And get a thick skin.

The guy makes a good point.

Sometimes it's worth trying to figure out "what went wrong" if you might have done something that.. well next time, you don't want to repeat.

But if there are no answers, and all you are doing is venting about some rude, disinterested person that you met for only a few minutes, why bother?
 Maleman999
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 10:39:56 AM
When you realized she bailed, you should've sent her a text (if she didn't block you yet) saying: "Hey. You didn't pay your half of the bill. Get back to the bar to pay your portion of the tab". lol.
 OyVay...
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/29/2011 11:03:21 AM
You stepped in it big time pal! Not all women on here are like this, nor all men.(sigh) Now we will be treated to the litany of "he was" or "she did's", when while she was rude and wrong, it really makes no difference. The only person you can control is yourself, NOT the actions of others.

Learn from the lessons exhibited. First if a woman is texting or fiddling with her cell phone, say something or end the date right there and then. She is supposed to be there on a date with you, not her cell phone.

No matter what you think or feel, nothing about online dating(meeting really) is real until you see each other. Even then, you don't know who you met, until you've seen them for a while.
 egowitch
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/29/2011 2:53:24 PM
It's apparently how THAT woman operates.

It is NOT how ALL women (or men) operate !
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:48:26 PM
OP - you tried to meet a girl 2 times and you went in for a 3rd time to meet her ?

and you wonder why she was inattentive with you and walked out on you ?

maybe cuz she went to meet the guy who stood her up 3 times...

he's more interesting anyhow...

if a woman balks on meeting you - don't be a weakazz and continue to try to meet her.

she's not interested man...
 snowgoddess
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:55:25 PM
flat out a B I T C H !!! so not worth your time. thaqt is rude and inconsiderate for anyone to do to another. cowards! let them run! please dont take it personally, a clear case of "its not you, its HER!"
a real person would sit out the hour, chat, enjoy being out, then perhaps decline a second date. Embarrasing to sit at the bar? perhaps, not having a piece of crap like that in your life? priceless!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:45:27 PM
Whoa dude what did you say to her at the bar?!?!?!? Lol j/k
 badbrains213
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/30/2011 11:45:11 AM
i am a master of the irish goodbye.
 Hephaestus63
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/30/2011 12:16:32 PM
I had exactly the same once a couple of years ago, barely got to speak no more than a dozen polite words before queuing up to get her coffee, she said she had to go to the ladies, and that was it, Gone!!!! I eventually got a tx an hour later saying sorry, it did knock my confidence for quite a while as I had never had this happened before.

I've had a couple of dates where the other person was defiantly not for me, but I could never have just walked off, but as some of you guys have already said nothing should surprise, the dating game!!!!! defiantly keep an open mind
 Fleuron
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/30/2011 12:35:28 PM

If she had another guy she was working, she still could have lied and said she needed to leave period.

Wow, yeah. SHE lacks class. How tacky.

It couldn’t possibly be that she wasn’t interested in you, or that you did something wrong, or your three year old pics are less than accurate. She bailed on you because she’s working other guys. Yep. That’s it.

Btw, you should acquaint yourself with “cropping”.

Maleman999:
What gets me are the people who have the "I am a prince/princess" complex who flip out if the person they're meeting doesn't turn out to be their perfect fantasy guy/girl they hoped for, and come on POF saying everyone is a liar and a player.

kevination
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/30/2011 12:39:43 PM
I would look at it like a blessing. What if you had spent months dating her and then had that happen?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 1:38:30 PM
^^Are you trying to say walking out of a place when you've been dating a while is a bad thing? It's not like they don't know where to find you.
 cooldog65
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:52:54 PM
@snowgoddess: bikini picture...

Back on topic: Cell phones and dating...not a good mix. Technology, isn't it wonderful?

Don't let this bad experience discourage you. Plenty of nice ladies here!
 sddude
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:03:48 AM
That is how some women operate, it is not unusual. kind of like not answering the phone or not writing back , means you gotta get the message indirectly.

Several women have left me like that some for another unkinwn guy they met on our date, usually I get a phonecall back asking for help,( left on the side of the road by a carzy, a player leaves her alone with the hotel bill or the ex bf is hurting her etc...)
sad stuff but not unusual.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:53:28 AM

You sound like a princess bytch. Guys already have to jump through hoops and go through a fifty step process to actually meet a woman in person. Now you add in that a video interview is required as well. If you are this paranoid about dating, you would be the last person I ever want to meet. I don't do video interviews to have a coffee. Are you going to videotape the entire first meet and then analyze it afterwards? First meets are suppose to be fun-not a formal job interview type of process.

Here's a question for all regarding the misrepresenting picture:
Let's say you passed all of the initial tests and you were getting together for a first meet. You walk through the door and see the person, or you're there first and see the person you are to meet. If the person turned out to be a lot more beautiful and gorgeous than their photos, what you freak out and scream "You're a f__king liar. You misrepresented yourself in your pictures. I'm out of here" and storm out in a huff?

What gets me are the people who have the "I am a prince/princess" complex who flip out if the person they're meeting doesn't turn out to be their perfect fantasy guy/girl they hoped for, and come on POF saying everyone is a liar and a player.

If it makes me a biatch, I dont really care. I have way better things to do than meet liars and posers.

Webcams are free with most purchases of a pc these days, laptops have them built in...and since I adopted this strategy, I have not been tricked into meeting losers who post fake pics. Its all good!!

You are not the type of man Id ever want to meet, so you thinkng anything negative about how I operate means absolutely nothing to me.

If you think being 'real' and being willing to show you are real is jumping through hoops, then I would generalize you as lazy. You probably also think sending free emails on a free website is 'hard work'. LOLOL

Good luck!
 ConnCat
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 1:10:05 PM
Though I agree with people here that someone like that is not worth our time, I would have written a very terse, follow-up note. Some eloquent version of WTF? For my own personal closure.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Walking Out during First Meet