Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CalypsoRach
Msg: 25
view profile
History
I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

I also will act out (sleep walk) when asleep too..

I've acted out in my dreams, I sleep walk, I sleep talk and I dream of sex but not once have I ever been able to engage in a sexual conversation as most the context from friends/family and an ex husband have they yet to get me to have a conversation or behave in a sexual way. Most the time they can't even rationalise what I say or do at these times.

Evidently the conversation was very sexual in context.

How did you manage to have a conversation of sexual content?
 MDHtuesday
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...
Posted: 1/11/2012 10:43:24 AM
How about if you keep your phone on, with the alarm and all, but put it FAR across the room so that you'll have to make some major movement that might wake you up? But since you walk in your sleep, that might not help too much.

My Dad was in the military and sleep walked. One time, the genius tied a rope to his ankle so he couldn't walk to far away. It was a 50' rope and the cliff was 45' feet away. Talk about a rude awakening!

btw - that's my dad in my photo. He's my Hero!
 infinestforum
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:21:12 PM
cartopus

'd like to know this too

So do you have a question? Or are you just sharing a factoid about yourself?

Because you say

called me shortly after I fell asleep....This gent understood what happened and countered with humor, thank goodness when I was getting tired I mentioned I talk in my sleep

So he called you, you got sleepy, told him you talk in your sleep, then fell asleep.

So....when you start feeling sleepy...hang up? End the conversation?
Or tell potential dates not to call past a certain time? Like your normal bedtime?

Seems pretty easy to mitigate.

Also, I don't understand this

I have a child in the military and need my phone on all the time in case of a recall order

So what does that mean?
Your child doesn't have their own phone? Military doesn't pay enough?
You don't have a landline for the house that they can have in their room?
Or there is a chance you start into a sexual chat with the military person that calls you?
Or you promise the person calling you will let your kid know, but you are really dreaming it, and you don't let your kid know?

Your excuses seem like B.S. to me, this seems to simply be an attention seeking thread?

So.. when a child in is in the military.. My ADULT child has been stationed with the USAF in Iraq. If they get the chance to call home.. I need to answer. Cut and dry. When they are state side I am the (grand) child care provider and need to be reached 24/7 if they are called up. Stop being obtuse! (idiot)

Quite frankly, I find it funny this thread re emerged as my life has gone into a situation that changed.. stressful but not bad. Tonight I got up at 7:48 pm thinking it was time to go to work.. at 7:48am. lol I think I had a 20 min nap. lol When I got to work (late) I realized what had happend. lmao..

Iffy
 lauramae18
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:12:28 PM
China. . . Any excuse Ehhh?
I talk, initiate relations, hold conversations, etc in my sleep also.
 onceagain57
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:05:22 AM
yep...I do the same....some snore and some talk....
 bilby886
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:43:45 AM
Hey beautiful ladies! I'm having a pyjama party at my palace - no sex-

( at least none you'll remember )

but seriously I guess you'd have to be careful when visiting the relatives or staying in a hotel? - you could end up working in the kitchen or banging the night porter.

good luck and be careful
 missmaddy
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:52:23 AM
i talk in my sleep as well. mostly about bizarre things but sometimes about sex. ive even called people in my sleep without knowing! the only thing that i can do to stop this from happening is turning my phone off while im sleeping. i wish you luck!
 Kariann71
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:29:29 AM
Apparently I'm always having a good time when I sleep because I've been told I laugh/giggle alot and nothing I say makes any sense. I'm in my Happyland.
 bilby886
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:41:26 AM
thats a sign you've read too many forums!
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:54:35 AM
You tell me that you want me
You tell me that you need me
You tell me that you love me
And I know that I'm right
'Cause I hear it in the night

I hear the secrets that you keep
When you're talking in your sleep
I hear the secrets that you keep
When you're talking in your sleep
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 7:13:07 AM
I have problem with the telephone when I sleep. At the moment sleep tastes like honey and you are trying to go deep in sleep the stupid telephone rings and I woke up and have severe difficulty to fall asleep again. So now I take the phone off the hook before I go to bed.
I have another habit in my sleep I have sex real sex and I wet my clothes. It happens during the days I meet, talk or see a hot woman and I tell myself I wish I can have sex with her. I have sex with her when I go to sleep. I am not complaining about that but I wish I don't wake up and end the sex.
A psychiatrist wrote an article about that and concluded it is the sub-conscience activities.
 darknight48
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/12/2012 8:01:47 AM
savvy cowgirl i got 3 spare bedrooms lol
 SavvyCowgirl
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:52:16 PM
Lol... I'm not sure what room I could be found in. Ha ha
 darknight48
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/13/2012 12:44:32 PM
that be the fun for me looking for you
 NicoleGigi
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:08:18 AM
Hahah awe, its all good and th fact that he likes it is a plus too! We can't help what we do when we sleep. I touch myself while I'm alseep, alotttt.. haha for a very long time and yes, a bit embarassing but it is what it is!
 infinestforum
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/6/2012 5:55:41 PM
and months later
msg 48 darknight48... So what did I say.. really I dont know.. I always assimilate things from the day into a specific incidence. I do have violent and suffer night terrors. I am going to the trauma clinic on Monday for meds. Recently I was assaulted and the aftermath has been ugly. Court days have always resulted on clinic days so a month later I am going. I am predisposed to nightmares and talking / acting out in my sleep and I am worried that it is out of my control. After Monday depending on the doctors advice I will be moving in with a friend. I have to get my sleep pattern on a schedule. It's not a joke. Well at least not to me.

Iffy

btw.. several of my threads have come forward today.. wonder who is checking me out.. They only have to ask!
 infinestforum
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/6/2012 5:57:45 PM
MDH.... Tell your dad he is my hero too! lmao
Iffy
 bhawk01
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:28:25 PM
I have managed to do many things in my sleep, including ringing my mate and telling him his missus is a snake with tits!
I often talk a strong northern irish accent in my sleep, much to the amusement of my new lass who's from northern ireland. I often shout things about my life as an irish farmer???
My ex remembers me sleep walking taking the dog out the house and not coming back home for over an hour! (shes seriously ill so she couldnt follow me, so god knows what happened)
I did go through a bout of punching people full force in my sleep, when i was at work i was talking about my boss about my worries as my partner was ill and i could hurt her.....his reply was "i kick f*ck out of my lass in my sleep....not like she dont deserve it though" lol
The worst thing is when people ring me when im asleep, i have a tendency not be unable to lie and will tell people anything and everything that they want to know!
The weirdest thing out of it all though was for a few weeks my ex would try to have sex with me in her sleep (yes seriously!) on the good point though, everytime i woke her up as she climbed on top of me, she woke up in the mood for it lol
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:55:01 PM
OP and all you sleep talkers I suggest you get a voice activated recorder. Then at least when you are up you can hear what you said while asleep. I have used one in the past, may still have it in the house somewhere

Sleep disorders are not a laughing matter. Best o luck
 free4all59
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:04:36 PM
ahhh yes talking in your sleep can get you in a lot of trouble. I happenned to mention a womans name in my sleep and it took me hours to convince my wife that nothing was going on between me and Isabelle(and honest, nothing was), I still don't think I ever did convince her.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:52:36 PM
Any of you folks taking Ambien? I heard that stuff puts the night stuff on a whole other planet. Don't know if it is true but the rumours out there are...really interesting.
 bhawk01
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 11:16:13 PM
No, but funnily enough all my sleep problems started when i took mirtazapine, ever since then sleeps been one screwed up affair
 00justagirl00
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 5:23:13 PM
I talk in my sleep too I also act out in my sleep as well. Sometimes I'm having a nightmare and I wake up attacking anything around me- kicking and punching the air- or sometimes I'm having a sexual conversation and start talking dirty- usually happens when your dream is really intense. It's awkward as when you wake up mid sentence or strangling someone next you in the bed, but it's not like something you can control. Don't worry about it unless you really hurt someone or you call out somebody elses name. Now THAT's awkward, but it's still not your fault. You're unconscience.
 infinestforum
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/8/2012 3:32:25 AM
Free4all, My personal best was when my husband at the time was leaving for work at 4AM came in and gave me a kiss good bye.. I wrapped my arms around him, gave a big hug and kiss and said, "I love you Steven!" Too bad his name was Rob and I didn't know a Steven. lmao He did ask who Steven was on our walk the next day.

Devilsfan58, I have never taken ambian but suspect they will put me on it this coming Monday which is why I plan to move in with a friend for a while to see how it goes.

bhawk, I am guilty of all of those things and the part I feel so bad for is my little dog... the amount of times she has been kicked (literally) out of bed... I always feel so bad but for the most part she has learned to sleep on the pillow out of harms way.
Iffy
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...