Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If "All the Good Ones Are Taken" .....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 76
If All the Good Ones Are Taken .....Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Too message 74:
I think these people who need a huge pool of petential mates to go through before finding that so called right one, says more about that person than their potential mate. Anyone who could be that hard to please, I don't think is very realistic in general on allot of things.
 Bill45644
Msg: 77
view profile
History
If All the Good Ones Are Taken .....
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:13:48 PM
The good ones are out their,just people look on the outside,not with in..Sure a man like to have barbie by his side,but not to marry,cause they tend to wonder as in Ken type..
Women/men should read the profile and not the pic and see what fit the ones they looking for.
I myself prefer Sandar Bullock,cause she got a sence of humor and personality..
 Artimessmiles
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:17:33 PM
<-----Good one....not taken....

Seriously....I know what you're talking about.
 DragonBits
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:02:30 AM
Life is like a bull market.

When a bull market starts, any stock you buy will give you a good ride, even the scam companies will look good and soar for a short time. Everyone thinks they are a genius and knows how the market works. Near the end of the bull market, good stocks are still there but harder to find.
 spacetimegravity
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:14:19 AM
I'm a good one in my own opinion and I am still here.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/15/2012 2:32:26 PM
Too message 74:
I think these people who need a huge pool of petential mates to go through before finding that so called right one, says more about that person than their potential mate. Anyone who could be that hard to please, I don't think is very realistic in general on allot of things.

Correction: The above message was in reference to message 73.
 ladyseekinggent
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:46:50 PM
Okay, so we've all heard this cliche said over and over again. Does this mean that anyone and everyone in a relationship are better relationship-material than the anyone else who is single?

---------------------------------
I think this statement kind of means.....similarly to people who have worked a job for a few years....and understand the nature of what a normal work day entails...from 9 to 5 ...comparatively, that a person who has had a prior relationship would understand this plane....[does it mean they would be happier? is a whole different chapter]...but more able to go with the flow from dating scene experience and also would be more tolerant because of less surprises.... for them ....than someone who is less experienced...being good is not really [i dont think] the issue.....
How to get the experience is to get out more and observe....mingle....but also be on alert ......
 amornumerouno
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:08:50 PM
I loved reading your outlook on things. Absolutely correct!
 icefishingrl
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:46:33 PM
Love this, you said it best!
 cinsav
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:58:30 PM
.... where does that leave you and me (aka: the single ppl)??

Okay, so we've all heard this cliche said over and over again. Does this mean that anyone and everyone in a relationship are better relationship-material than the anyone else who is single?

I've never been one to use this line and find it especially ironic when it comes from the mouths of other single people who don't realize that when they say this, in a roundabout way they are saying that they are not "the good ones" since they themselves aren't taken.

Your thoughts?

Most of the good one ARE already taken. There are reasons those who are in their 30s and 40s and have been single for many many years.

The good ones are taken because the good ones aren't narcissistic idiots who think they can always do better... they're MARRIED and settled in.

We're all still single because we're damaged goods - each in our own way. Whether we think we're too good for the 50 girls or guys we just turned our backs on for whatever idiotic excuse we used to justify it with.... or we have so much baggage that anyone who's worth being with (who has his/her head on straight) takes one look at us and thinks "fuck this, I don't need this train wreck in my life... and runs for the hills.
 cinsav
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/15/2012 7:02:54 PM

<-----Good one....not taken....

Seriously....I know what you're talking about.

You're not taken because you think you're all that and a bag of chips.

You're looking for 50+ because you're mining for gold. hint hint.

Your two sentence profile screams that you think you're hot enough to attract him without having to put any thought into actually taking 5 minutes to describe who YOU are.

Just saying...

Happy gold digging!
 raedonM
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/15/2012 7:26:18 PM
had someone say this to me once. my response "how many women have you dated." his response was 8. i said "there are 500000 women in this city." not sure if some people believe it will just happen or something magical will take place to make the right person appear in front of them. given the numbers, it would seem more like a knowing what is required, maybe holding back the infatuation a little more, and make the effort to find someone. yes, that even means if you are a female, you may have to initiate instead of expecting to just receive. the statement itself is a pseudo axiom. never was, never will be. :)
 alliethegreat
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:08:29 PM
This.
People drag their raggedy hobo bags from their past into the new relationship. Then they are SHOCKED when the new relationship fails. I am of the opinion that ifyour ex is so horrible...why did you settle for them in the first place? Where were you at in life that you had to settle for them?
 serg35
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:14:00 PM
If that was true, sites like this wouldn't be this popular. Married guys **** and moan about wives cheating on them, kids hating them, and having no control in the house. I'm convinced everyone is mostly lonely and messed up, and just puts up a disguise once in a while to show that they are 'social' and 'happy'
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:23:23 PM
I never use that line. In fact, I have to correct people when I hear them use it, because I consider myself one of the "good ones", and I have never been married.

A_Gent
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:25:24 PM
Msg: 79

Nice hat!

Flatters you!

W.
 PureSentiment
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:19:46 AM
I don't desire someone elses good ones. I don't like bad boys but yet I don't do normal either.

So as the old saying goes... if all the good ones are taken and life hands you a lemons, make them into lemonade!

A little tart, with some sugar, sure is sweet to me!
 WanderingRain
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:15:14 AM
"Good" ones taken? Psheh.

Maybe they are. But who wants just "good" when "better" and "best" are usually still out there.
You know... a lot of truly exceptional people were single or were unfit parents or spouses during their lives... (or they marry the wrong people) You can see that when you read biographies of most great people in history. They achieve so much yet their domestic lives are a shambles.

So the good ones taken are just the regular mediocre crowd... the guy who punches the clock daily and faithfully... dutifully coming home to his wife and kids and will die without doing anything important worth writing in history of human civilization.

Many people who are on the path to greatness are overlooked as always by those whose sights are trained only on living regular boring lives.
My view is so what if all the good ones are taken? If that is all you want in life, then you are not for me.
I aspire not only to be "good" but to be better or best.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:21:44 AM

The good ones are taken because the good ones aren't narcissistic idiots who think they can always do better... they're MARRIED and settled in.

Eithe that; or they are mundane barn animals with no ambition, and who were ready to settle with whoever was around during their last year of high school. (And who have, furthermore, still had no ambition, thus making their plain jane easy vanilla life just fine for them)
 MsBeave
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:46:11 AM
I dislike the idiom "all the good ones are taken" because in theory it implies if you're not in a relationship you're bad. But in practicality is has truth.

I've known men who were ready for a relationship, they were everything most women seek and they were snapped up like a Black Friday special at Walmart.

(I didn't want to make this gender specific but men are my only personal example)
 statemachine500
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:01:48 PM

I've known men who were ready for a relationship, they were everything most women seek and they were snapped up like a Black Friday special at Walmart.

Snapped up?Doesn't sound like any time was spent getting to know the man.Selected for looks,job,assets?A man can be just an Object to some women....
 JoseMadre
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:23:51 PM
Unless a metamorphosis takes place when one is "taken" then the statement is patently illogical.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:30:38 PM
Brilliant point OP! BTW, in case you haven't heard, the world already ended 3 times now, and we're all stiiiill here !What's up with that nonsense now, ha?? I learn somethin new from these forums all the time, so please keep us updated, if you would be so kind (and thanks for the giggles too)
 DomG79
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 2:24:22 AM

Most of the good one ARE already taken. There are reasons those who are in their 30s and 40s and have been single for many many years.

We're all still single because we're damaged goods - each in our own way. Whether we think we're too good for the 50 girls or guys we just turned our backs on for whatever idiotic excuse we used to justify it with.... or we have so much baggage that anyone who's worth being with (who has his/her head on straight) takes one look at us and thinks "**** this, I don't need this train wreck in my life... and runs for the hills.

That makes me feel so much better about my situation.
 Jac_the_Gripper
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:36:34 AM
If someone wants to define me as being only good for the scrap heap, they're not my type.

I don't date prejudiced people.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If "All the Good Ones Are Taken" .....