Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If "All the Good Ones Are Taken" .....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jac_the_Gripper
Msg: 100
If All the Good Ones Are Taken .....Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If someone wants to define me as being only good for the scrap heap, they're not my type.

I don't date prejudiced people.
 MsBeave
Msg: 101
view profile
History
If All the Good Ones Are Taken .....
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:38:19 AM

Snapped up?Doesn't sound like any time was spent getting to know the man.Selected for looks,job,assets?A man can be just an Object to some women....

Especially the ones with biological clocks tick tocking. But to remove the gender bias. People can see other people as object to help them achieve personal success or goals.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 6:45:28 AM
Might also be...
The ones taken are not always good finds.
What explains 50% divorce rate? This means 50% of the time, the partners turn out not to be good for you after all.

It gets worse. let's say that of the 50% who stay together in a marriage, half of them are truly happy and the other half really are just sticking it out because of the kids, or fear, or insecurity, etc... so now you got only a measly 25% who are satisfied with their marriages.

But wait... it gets even worse.
Of that 25%, some are not really THAT satisfied... maybe the partner they thought was "good" is now a slob or not that fantasy partner they dreamed of. It's no basis for a divorce, but hey... they'll do... let's say half of them are really happy and the other half are so-so...
That leaves you with what... 13% who are really happy with their relationships and feel like they really chose well.

So a LOT of the ones taken aren't really that great to begin with... or that "good".
Like the grass being greener, it just seems that way.

At my age, I am now hearing my contemporaries complaining to me --envious of my freedom to roam and just be my own master.

So are the good ones really taken?
That to me, is a farce.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:00:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well lets take it more into the distance, If most of us can actualy see a good person for what he is. Then think about it two people get married a short time later they find that the other person is not realy good. ( just like buying a car and finding its a lemon). so they divorce them.. ( same as you try to get rid of the lemon). So that shows that after a test drive to realy get to know the person. We deem them not worthy. So that says the majorty of divorced people are not good. If you dont belive that just ask there ex who had to live with them and got to know them. Again it shows there are no good people left out there.. Most of us are rejects anyway. Just saying
 statemachine500
Msg: 104
Posted: 2/6/2012 5:33:55 PM

Of that 25%, some are not really THAT satisfied... maybe the partner they thought was "good" is now a slob or not that fantasy partner they dreamed of. It's no basis for a divorce, but hey... they'll do... let's say half of them are really happy and the other half are so-so...
That leaves you with what... 13% who are really happy with their relationships and feel like they really chose well.

So a LOT of the ones taken aren't really that great to begin with... or that "good".
Like the grass being greener, it just seems that way.

At my age, I am now hearing my contemporaries complaining to me --envious of my freedom to roam and just be my own master.

So are the good ones really taken?
That to me, is a farce.

I believe you are quite correct here.By the time the mid forties roll around this dawns on a huge number of men and women.Great post.
 Fandango
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/6/2012 5:38:28 PM
Only ugly people whine about the good ones beign taken and only ugly people whine about how you are a bad person if you have any desire for attraction.
I say we poke them with sticks. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If "All the Good Ones Are Taken" .....