Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Thank you for a lovely night. But I didn't feel any attraction. I am      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Thank you for a lovely night. But I didn't feel any attraction. I am sorry.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Win or lose,there's still booze. Actually sounds like it's time for MORE booze. Yes,I know, for some it's not a good idea,but it definitely will put a better view on the whole scenario. After a couple more sips, you won't even be worrying about tomorrow OP.
 ConnCat
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Thank you for a lovely night. But I didn't feel any attraction. I am sorry.
Posted: 2/11/2012 5:49:55 AM
Safe to say if she didn't like you with your clothes on, there's little chance that will improve over time. Move on!
 BrookfieldGentlemanTom
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/11/2012 5:55:19 AM
SOME women want to be pursued. some don't. and with some it takes a while to hook them. keep your options open with other women but if you have an opportunity to socialize with this woman then do so with the goal of amusing her and getting her to laugh. it's the best way to turn NO into YES.
 What_He_Said
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/11/2012 6:19:40 AM
Sorry to hear that.

However, you ought to seriously consider not following that line of thought. Otherwise you are merely trying to push on a string, and that never works.

For whatever reason, she said no. True, she said it nicely and politely and Kudo's to her for at least saying it to you rather than pulling some type of vanishing act or not returning e-mail/phone message. But no is no and that's all you really need to know.

In short, you got thrown from the horse and landed flat. That happens. To everyone. So take a little time to regroup, dust yourself off, and try your efforts on a gal who is interested you.

Hope things improve.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/11/2012 10:25:29 AM

Safe to say if she didn't like you with your clothes on, there's little chance that will improve over time. Move on!

Or perhaps you can show up outside her home with a figleaf and strike your boldest "Vlad the conquerer" pose.

Maybe that will help

Um: when the police ask you to leave her alone after that; it's truly over though k?

LukeH1984
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/12/2012 6:21:21 AM
OP she isn't giving you the true reason for rejecting you, otherwise she would come out and say it instead of "window dressing" it. You don't want to be infatuated over someone who blatantly lies and then does it by text of all things.
 larissan04
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/19/2012 1:35:32 PM
well, if you want to play games and manipulate then okay, here it goes (rolling up sleeves).

you will have to do some major maneuvers, and in truth they might not work, but hey, it's worth a shot, no? i mean, what's a little humiliation in the name of reclaiming your bruised ego?

pretend to be her friend - be her friend but do not call her or contact her much. if you do talk, always end the conversations and promise to call or email her then do it like a week later. you will have to pretend that you do not like her or find her attractive and you will have to be completely non nonchalant. you will need to send her mixed messages, however, perhaps complimenting her on her new hair cut, or a new outfit, but then end the conversation quickly as if you have something important to suddenly go do.

pretend you have a life - you will need to come across like you are a busy man about town, with lots of busy things going. you will need to pretend that you have passionate interests in many things, which will make her realize that your world does not revolve around her.

pretend that you are into some other woman - i call this one the romantic dodge, because really you are into HER. talk about how smitten you are, and ask for her advice. this will really make it seem like you have easily moved on and no longer have any interest in her. any immature, imbalanced woman will instantly feel the need to try to get you interested in HER again.

find out where she likes to go, and show up with a gorgeous woman on your arm - this one always appeals to the borderline personality disorder types. they instantly think that if a man is with a beautiful woman, then he must be worth being with. also, they will try to get you to notice them, because they are a black whole of needing validation of their female ego and prowess.

the bottom line is this...you can do all the above things and much more, but do you really want someone that you have to manipulate into a relationship? you aren;t really all that into this woman, but feel the need to prove something to yourself and her from a purely ego driven perspective.

if i were you i'd go find someone that is totally into you. i also might add that after the manipulation has run its course you will be right back to square one with her. you can't be someone that you are not for very long, and it will all back fire on you.

move on and be blissfully happy that this woman didn't waste your time.
 tdhoward43
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/19/2012 3:43:11 PM
well seems for a woman its more than just the looks its everything, the entire package, maybe she just wasnt interested in the subject matter or maybe she didnt like your voice or a million other reasons, but one things is for sure if she says thanks but no thanks then leave it at that, you'll find someone if thats what you really want......good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Thank you for a lovely night. But I didn't feel any attraction. I am sorry."