Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The best and worst line I have ever heard...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rec_diver
Msg: 26
The best and worst line I have ever heard...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^ You had a great opening right there.. you could have said "No, not a GAS station silly.." and then explained what you meant.. The misunderstanding would have been really funny and it's a great way to segue into a nice chat.. but instead you walked away?

Don't let that happen again.. and it's never too late to go back to her and explain what you meant.. what do you have to lose?
 Full_of_Grace67
Msg: 27
view profile
History
The best and worst line I have ever heard...
Posted: 12/24/2011 11:46:21 AM
There are definitely some corny ones out there! My personal favorite is: "Do you have some Italian in you? Want some?"

When I was young, stupid and hot, I was at a bar at the beach and I said to a really great looking guy "There is some weird creeper following me around, would you pretend to be my date so he goes away?" He proceeded to put his arm around me and plant a hot, sexy kiss on me...We ended up leaving together! Oh what a night!
 --Zen--
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/24/2011 2:33:31 PM
I walked up, said something like, "Pardon me, I think I know you. Didn't you use to work at Gulf?"

She gave me a strange look, and replied "No, I've never worked at a gas station." I tucked my tail and ran away, obviously she had never worked for Gulf Oil Corporation.

Awe! Petroleum Transfer Engineer looks good on a resume I hear
 kailania
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/24/2011 11:48:48 PM
Once I was a little uncomfortable because my house was not up to pare in the neatness area...and I let the man know how I felt and he replied as he kissed me with:
when I am with you I see nothing but you.

I asked him what book did he get that one out of.
 Mauraya67
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/25/2011 7:15:19 AM
Woke up this beautiful Christmas morning and opened the forum and got myself a laugh reading these. Even though I laughed at the guy and thought the line was WAY over the top, I was willing to see what else he was about. I left mostly because he sat and pouted about it. Oh well.

I see a few girls have used a 'line' or two as well. I don't think I could do it while keeping a straight face!

goldenheart31
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:14:03 PM
I honestly enjoy using lines, though I prefer to pick the corniest ones possible. But I do it to break the ice and get a laugh, if not from them then for myself. My least favorite line of all time is 'If I told you you've got a great body, would you hold it against me?' (Thank you Britney for making a song out of that). I can't understand why anyone would use a line, however clever it may be, and expect it to immediately reward them with sex. Nor do I understand anyone falling for that. But hey, to each their own, right?
 KatWing123
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:26:08 AM
I don't know why...but "Your hair smells fantastic" always makes me melt.
 missjennifer66
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:40:30 AM
I had a guy ask if my father was a thief!! I looked at him and said no, why? He asked well then who stole the stars and put them in your eyes? I LOVE that one! LOL!! Yeah a line, but sweet!
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/3/2012 12:14:47 PM
As a teenager in a bar (you know just who tacky this is going to be), I was once asked 'Do you want to go halves on a **stard ?'

And I've also had :-
'Would you accompany me to work tomorrow ? I'm a quality tester for Durex'.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/3/2012 12:22:29 PM

Let's get sex out of the way right now so we can relieve the tension and won't be distracted while getting to know each other. My car is outside and it's still warm'.

I think that was originally a line from a Woody Allen movie, and it was a "kiss" instead..

Yep, ANNIE HALL:

Alvy Singer: Hey listen, gimme a kiss.
Annie Hall: Really?
Alvy Singer: Yeah, why not, because we're just gonna go home later, right, and then there's gonna be all that tension, we've never kissed before and I'll never know when to make the right move or anything. So we'll kiss now and get it over with, and then we'll go eat. We'll digest our food better

OP, not only is this guy a creep, he’s not original at all and plagiarizing with or w/o knowing it.
 katalytic
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/3/2012 1:50:25 PM
The best I've heard was used by a friend in university about 20 years ago.
She walked up to another student at a bar, and said "Here's a quarter; call your mother and tell her you won't be home for breakfast".
It worked, and no, the friend wasn't me. I don't have that kind of guts, but I was very impressed with her.
 NolitaFairytale
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:34:00 PM
"Can you come over and be my birthday present so I can unwrap you?"
 egowitch
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:56:26 PM
Thank you for sharing !!

I suspect I would have had one great laugh myself .... ya done good !

However - after he said "My car is outside and it's still warm" , I would have said : " well my car is still warm too , and I'm getting in it right now - and leaving !"

whee-e-e-e-e !
 MsMicki
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:07:17 PM
Had a man ask me at the bar on NYE..
"How do you like your eggs....scrambled or fertilized?" while giving me that
little I think I'm clever eyebrow lift...

I don't mind a corny line now and then.....but sheesh that one left me speechless!
 Fifi47
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:33:11 PM
About 20 years ago when I was able to wear contacts not glasses, I was at a bar with some friends one Friday night. We were walking out of the bar and some guy fell down at my feet as he was walking by me and said " You can get anything you want from any man just by looking at him, I have never seen eyes as beautiful in my life" He might have been all of 20 years old and at least slightly tipsy, but it made me feel good.
 funkydunky72
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:31:55 PM
Hey, you dropped something......MY JAW!!!!!
 swamp_dude
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:35:34 AM
Best and Worst line .... "Let's go somewhere more private."

It really all depends on who and when and often no words are necessary.
 WobblyAngelWings4Now
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 12:44:28 PM
I just got one... subject line: I know you!

message: You've been in my dreams every night for years now.

hahahahahahahahahaha
 laminam
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:25:25 PM
I picked my date up our first time meeting, he is 9 years younger than me and I am just getting out of a 13 year relationship and anyway as soon as he got in the car he leaned over and said "let's just get this out of the way" and kissed me. Shocked yes but we connected and have so much fun whenever we are together.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The best and worst line I have ever heard...