Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OptimisticMiss
Msg: 51
Tattoos?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've got a fair sized one (Oooh errr Mrs) but it has never come up (at it again) in a dating context. I don't think I've ever been asked "do you have a tattoo"

I'm ambivalent about them on others most of the time unless the art work is exceptional,, then I find them shmoking
 Adrenaline_Queen
Msg: 52
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/8/2012 2:24:31 PM
I have tattoos.... I do honestly love tattoos on most people, BUT I have seen some people who have tattoos who are just not good in my eyes... In My Honest Oppinion...

I personally love large tattoos, I dont like a small tat here and another small one there, they are all different and dont link up.... If that makes sense...

I will be having more, I have so many ideas.. I just need the funds...

I have celtic tattoos on the bottom of my back, (I was told that was a tramp stamp) more up my back ( does that make me a wh0re score? LOL) and Korean across the top of my back, quite small that one.... But big enough to see...

Also one on my wrist.. Thinking of getting on on my side so some of back and across to my stomach....

I read here that someone sat for 8 hours having a tattoo... YOU go girl.. I have never heard of anyone sitting that long... The longest I sat was 3 hours, then I had to go back and have more added..... Sigh...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love this one, someone got a famous painter on the side of his foot, when asked why he had it done, he grinned and said he was a work of art.. I love that... xxxxxxxxxxx
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 53
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/8/2012 2:43:16 PM
no ssp dad hated tatoos he had 2 lrg ones done in navy and had them treated a few times and covered them always .

I asked my dads close friends they were ages with dad what they felt .
They got totally why i had to and said my dad would have .
you see it was sort of planed but couldnt find right artist , Dad had said dont be daft i gave him the look . I said dad its to remember our lifes together father and daughter .

He was such a fit man i thought he would be around for yrs wereever he is now he nows ive marked our lifes together .
Dads friends said he would get i finished that chapter in my life with carrying the memorys with me on next chapter .
I have a feeling he loves it ...
 tattooVinnie
Msg: 54
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2012 2:22:05 AM
Well i got my little St Christopher on my forearm after a major crash in my artic... He,s meant to keep me safe .... Got a guardian angel on my other arm to watch over me .... But i do have a embarassing novelty tattoo also lol.....
 Smiley70
Msg: 55
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2012 1:24:59 PM
LOVE tatts and people are always surprised that I have them!!!
 brandygirl1963
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2012 4:03:31 PM
I read that 'blurb' differently, i think she was saying that she is not easy or common because she has tatoos so do not think she is only available for sex...??

I personally do not care for tatoos. My ex partner had them when i met him (which was fine, not much can be done about it anyway and i accepted him as he was) but then he went on to have more and more and i made it clear i wasnt too keen on the idea but he didnt care what i thought.

I really do not get people having their childrens names tatooed on themselves... it does not make you a better or more caring person/better parent.

Unfortunately i do think think that men can get away with them to some extent but they really are unattractive on women, would you ever see Kate Middleton or Lady Diane with one?? No, and thats because deep down ladies do not want them.... sorry tatooted girls!!
 Smiley70
Msg: 57
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2012 2:30:09 AM
No need to apologise hun

We are, afterall, entitled to our own opinions and besides tattoos are usually very personal and mean something deep to the wearer ..... well mine are ..... they are not there for anyone else's titillation. I I like bot inked and uninked men
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 58
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2012 2:55:44 AM
Unfortunately i do think think that men can get away with them to some extent but they really are unattractive on women, would you ever see Kate Middleton or Lady Diane with one?? No, and thats because deep down ladies do not want them.... sorry tatooted girls!!

Erm do you honestly beluieve these ladys are allowed to think for themselfs for gods sakes they even have dressers . So im glad i think for myself bugger living there lifes of pretence and snobbery

KATIE TO HER MAGESTY
Im going to get a tatoo
her magesty
that isnt suitable for a member of the royal houshold

No infact there controled little puppets ..

I aint no CVNTS PUPPET EVER freedom
 Rich by name...
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:00:49 AM
Well said Bambi. At the end of the day, I don't think I'd be chasing a Princess Di or Kate Middleton type.

Actually, Kate Middleton... as a one off!!
 chillicat
Msg: 60
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:30:51 AM

LOVE tatts and people are always surprised that I have them!!

do you have any on your bum.?

because im a cat lover i went into a tatt shop last week and asked him to do me a jaguar design.now i have a tattoo of a car on my back.
 Smiley70
Msg: 61
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2012 9:32:22 AM
Funnily enough I was considering one on my bum ......... 'No Entry' is one my friend has LOL

I think I have enough now ..... though I fancy AC/DC being put on there .......just a tiny one .....
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 62
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:18:30 AM

Funnily enough I was considering one on my bum ......... 'No Entry' is one my friend has LOL

I think I have enough now ..... though I fancy AC/DC being put on there .......just a tiny one

Smiley 70 if you go as far to get ACDC on your butt you gotta make it a statment .
 Smiley70
Msg: 63
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/11/2012 10:11:08 AM
Yeah!!! AC on one cheek and then DC on the other???? Dread to think where the lightening strike would be
 Easily_amused
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Tattoos?
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:12:28 PM
Indifferent.

Doesn't make a difference if they have them or don't.
 Munki
Msg: 65
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/23/2012 11:32:35 AM
I love this topic, i love to hear peoples opinions ..

I have a lot of tattoo's and will continue to keep getting them... (but i don't agree they need any significance, only one of mine has any real meaning, the rest i just like!)

People ask what about when your 70 - well, lets face it, i wont be the only tattooed one walking around will i? and i'll be more worried about wetting myself than my ink.

There are tasteful and non-tasteful tattoo's .... but this is personal preference, i have my own preference on the style i like for myself and the style i like to see on others...

There are bad tattoos everywhere, but what makes most tattoos bad is the "artist" who created them.

And again ink on a chick/ink-less chicks again is a matter of personal taste.

There is a guy called Rick Genest (google him) .. he is basically tattooed as a zombie, now normally i don't like facial tattoos but this guy looks amazing (again down to the artist) .. and if he messaged me on here i would be closing my account and running off with little love hearts coming from my head....My point is (i ramble, im sorry!) i like tattooed men, but i would never state i wouldn't date someone without tattoos..

People are beautiful from within - the beauty on the outside is only a small bonus... I think people need to be less shallow
 Loumooos
Msg: 66
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/23/2012 11:39:17 AM
So many threads about this..

While i am here, i have three. One bigger one on my back and two smaller.
Want another...so much /heavy sigh
 try more
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:40:00 PM
Certain Amercian rapper refered to them as "tramp stamps" I dont agree
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 68
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 12:37:41 AM
There is a guy called Rick Genest (google him) .. he is basically tattooed as a zombie, now normally i don't like facial tattoos but this guy looks amazing (again down to the artist) .. and if he messaged me on here i would be closing my account and running off with little love hearts coming from my head....My point is (i ramble, im sorry!) i like tattooed men, but i would never state i wouldn't date someone without tattoos..

People are beautiful from within - the beauty on the outside is only a small bonus... I think people need to be less shallow

That guy my daughter thinks looks cool i personally think he has went way to far .
Im not gona be a hypocrit i dont like it hes made one mess of his face .
I dont like plastic surgery on faces unless there was a reason .
I do not like face tatoos .
my persoonal taste doesnt like mutalation and i see this guy as having mutilated his perfectly lovely face .
Way to much yes i love tatoos but this i see as more a disfigerment .

ITS
HORRIBLE no its not im getting old i dress up as zombies vampires for giggs with my mates but a permanant tatoo way to far .
I no my daughter likes him thinks it cool the younger me wouldnt have liked him either .
Im gothic loads goths shave eyebrows of and then pencil them in to have a certain shape .
I hate that look your brows frame your eyes i leave mine alone .
i like over the top dress yip .
I was as ive said before PUNK
I love being unique but walking about with a zombie tatooed face is taking your uniquness a step to FAR

We all may resemble family i do . but i am the one and only me .
Everyone is unique zombie tatoo yuk stupidity
 Munki
Msg: 69
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 12:47:26 AM
It's personal preference...

I don't like facial tattoos, i dont like neck tattoos as a rule - had someone described him to me i would no say thanks.... but seein him is another story, i just think it works for him..

I dont know if stupidity is a bit harsh - he's making a good living from it ..
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 70
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 1:10:30 AM
munki Oh yes hes making a good living from it but that will eventully stop and hes stuck with that till the day he dies .
Ive tatoos ive a sleeve on left arm i love its my taste suits me my nature .
Ive not had a bad reaction as yet .
But to disfigure your entire face as a zombie is stupid .
Ive 3 lip pearcings i rarely wear now why im getting older they looked great when i was younger in my circle of friends anything goes .
But loads and loads in the rock bar had same peircings i was more unique taking them out .
you cant even tell there there
tiny dab of conceller holes vanish .
He will never be able to concell what hes done to his face .
family funral how the hell do you disguise that .
As a mark of respect i go as plain as i possibly can to funrals .
plenty time in life to be unique and individule .
but sometimes you gotta be able to blend in with a crowd .
I as a rule dont .
but there are times in life YOU HAVE TO BLEND .
As i said i commented as my daughter thinks hes cool i think hes an ejit and will regret it one day as its there for life .
Freedom of expression we should all have but does someone have to go so FAR
i think not id go crazy if any my kids sujested doing this to themselfs but i tell them there beautifull

I for no amount of money in the world would have my face altered ive my mothers eyes my dads nose mums lips i look like my daughter my grandaughter my son has my eyes to go get a big zombie tatoo or any that altered id take away who i was in my opinion .
People no who i am due to my face .
imagine being nown at 70 for being zombie face yuk
 kirkstmoritz2
Msg: 71
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 2:15:32 AM
Tattoos seem like a drug to me, rarely have i heard anyone say they're happy with just one, they always seem to be wanting another one...then another one etc etc.
 midsbloke
Msg: 72
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 5:23:45 AM
Women who have tats are sluttier, it's a fact.
 Munki
Msg: 73
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 5:57:56 AM
Again, as i said bambi, personal taste.. you don't like it, but many do!...

WTF... women with tattoos are sluttier.. its a fact?!?! ...

haha, what have you based this fact from? .. i think you might find that its incorrect...
 IanT1976
Msg: 74
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:28:27 AM
I'm not overly fussed but sometimes they do look uber-hot.

R.E Tat's though, I remember an Alas Smith & Jones sketch (which I can't find on YT).
It went something like this....

Smith is Tattooing Jones back (which is away from cam)
Smith: Well, nearly there. I must say this is an unusual request why did you want this?
Jones: Well, after 20yrs of fishing competitions I've just won my first one, I caught the two biggest fish and got both 1st and 2nd prize. So I thought to myself I'll go and have that pair of pollocks tattooed on my back....
Smith: (look of horror) starts trying to rub the ink off.
 Lulubellabella
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Tattoos?
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:32:50 AM
not keen on the tattoo look ... i like the clean cut image
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Tattoos?