Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What happens when you pass away...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 finbarrsaunders
Msg: 51
What happens when you pass away...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

In 1800, there were, for the first timeabout 1 billion people, on this planet.
There are now, nearly 7 Billion.
Where did those 'extra souls' come from...?

Metaphysics not your strong point? Or math? There are about 100 billion souls going spare for human incarnation at least. Or do you honestly believe that less than 7 billion people have ever existed since the dawn of man?

If you go back through time, we all evolved from single-celled organisms, and bacteria.

Can you provide a link to this. Or is it 'missing'?
 Jo van
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What happens when you pass away...
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:45:32 PM

There are about 100 billion souls going spare for human incarnation at least. Or do you honestly believe that less than 7 billion people have ever existed since the dawn of man?

And how many existed at the "dawn of man"...?
And before that...?

I have no strong points.....
 FoxyMoron74
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:50:20 PM
There are new souls as well.
Not everyone on this Planet is a re-incarnation of someone else. There are new souls and old souls.
Ok, I BELIEVE that when we pass away we go to a hall of rest. Chance for our souls, or personality if thats easier to get your head around, to rest and recuperate after our earthly journey. I believe that a loved one, or even a person from generations ago comes to meet you and takes you over to the other side, guiding you and showing you the way. I believe that place is Heaven.
I believe we then go and meet and greet those who we loved on the earth plane. Our Parents, Grandparents, all family members. We then spend time with them and decide whether we want to move further up the spiritual plane and if we do then we have to come back to learn more lessons, to go through real happiness or real sadness and pain if we havent experience that in one of our lives previously. We continue to do that until we have reached the highest spirit plane and our souls can then be truly at rest.

When i was young my really much loved, beloved in fact, Granddad died. He was my Step-granddad but he really was a complete soul mate of mine. We understood each other perfectly and we completely adored each other. When he died i was devastated and scared, it was my first encounter with death that i was aware of. I couldn't believe that my favourite person in the world had died.
Soon after he died i had the most amazing yet heartbreaking dream I have ever had. I dreamed that i was walking in the most beautiful field, along a real picture perfect lane. The grass was so green and i could smell the freshness of a stream and could hear it bubbling over pebbles. I came upto a bridge and the water under it was so clean and clear that i could taste it. I saw my Granddad over that bridge standing with my Nan. The flowers were so pretty and the colours were just so vivid, the lilacs were really lilac and so on. I went to run over the bridge to my Nanny and Granddad but he put his hand up and said "No you can't come over the bridge yet, its lovely here and im so happy but you can't come yet". I can remember that dream so clearly almost 30 years later, i remember the smells, the colours and even that feeling that the air was so clear that I could taste the water from the stream in the air. I really know in my heart that my Granddad came to me that night to show me that he was happy and at peace and that I shouldn't be sad anymore.
That is what i believe Heaven is all about. Being happy with your loved ones again and them embracing you and waiting for you, to lead you to a bright happy place.

That is what I believe happens. You may say "oh you can't prove it, there is no proof" but you also cannot actually prove that it doesn't exist.
 finbarrsaunders
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:56:30 PM

And how many existed at the "dawn of man"...?
And before that...?

The same number as there were sentient beings on earth. Obviously.
To check, maybe you could lend me your time machine. You know, the one that's shown you we're all evolved from bacteria (or is it GRASS?)
 Jo van
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 2:03:39 PM

The same number as there were sentient beings on earth. Obviously.

That's the point, to begin with, there weren't any.

I think the grass appeared, after the bacteria.....?

marcochampo
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:23:54 PM
plenty of evidence that life evolved from the sea through simple enzymes. able to replicate themselves..

That is what I believe happens. You may say "oh you can't prove it, there is no proof" but you also cannot actually prove that it doesn't exist.

I don't think its a case of disproving your beliefs... most people including myself ,that don't believe in the after life . Have the stand point , that if it gives you comfort ,then you carry on believing in the afterlife ,, Its just a matter of personal choice... but to be asked to prove that it doesn't exist is a bit nonsensical ,as there is no proof of any existence of it to start with.. a bit like me saying that i have just won the lottery, and asking you to disprove it..
 vlad dracul
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:28:37 PM
foxy

there are new souls old souls and unfortunately on here
lots of ar souls as well

beware Trotters Independant Traders of march.

imagine being haunted by the ar soul?

probably take 45 mins just to go woooooooooooooo
its all the christians fault

i think god and the devil would both cheat at cards so they never
got the ar soul in their domain
 Stroll_on
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:46:12 PM
I always pass away when my first two cards are keech.... unless I'm on the big blind, that is.

Dear OP, if you believe in life after death, you already know the answer to your own question, ya big divvy!
 glasgowwidower
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 5:27:06 PM
its simple all the family show up out of the woodwork to take what you left behind,,thats what happens when you pass away
 lukin469
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:13:01 AM
Why worry about it? If there's no life after death, you won't know anything about it. The best thing to do is remember that of all the billions of souls that could have been born, yours got the chance to experience the gift of life. be thankful for that.
 BoredVicki
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/18/2012 10:37:32 AM
As Mark Twain said "I had been dead for billions of years before I was born and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it".
 bhawk01
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:37:17 PM
I believe we simply expire.
It was a greek philosopher that stated "i will not die, the universe will simply cease to exist"

As for the dawn on time malarky, there is undeniable evidence showing we all formed fro the same abiogenesis. We even have a good idea of how it happened. the creation of life and its evolution through to modern man is fairly well understood and in my eyes leaves no room for a "soul" nor any reason to think there would be an afterlife.

Yet, One of my hobbies is hypnosis, i've been doing it for many years and i often find myself doing past life regressions for people. The curious factor in it is that the descriptions of death and what happens after seem fairly similar across a wide variety of people.
Not only that but i have often been impressed at the amount of accurate details that are given about the most mundane lives.
Yet i still find myself a sceptic and to be honest the thought of an afterlife scares the shit out of me too, can you imagine thinking for an ETERNITY!
You'd go insane!
Suppose you needn't worry anyway, given time we will all find out!

An after thought, i have a friend that due to illness has died a couple of times and as a voice of experience, having actually died, he says there is..........nothing
 bambiisnotsingle
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:35:59 AM
Ok, I BELIEVE that when we pass away we go to a hall of rest. Chance for our souls, or personality if thats easier to get your head around, to rest and recuperate after our earthly journey. I believe that a loved one, or even a person from generations ago comes to meet you and takes you over to the other side, guiding you and showing you the way. I believe that place is Heaven.

Thats exactly who sent me back foxy my grumpie old git of a granfather in life i was afraid of him . Iseen him when they were working on me there was a quiet we lady behind him . you see im stuborn no way was i going back to the bloody pain id been in .
but it wasnt my time i was sent back to live .
My dad doubted me till i described his mum every detail . id never seen a pic dad had said i was like her he ment nature not apearance .
I even told him she had a wee mole . she was tiny .
mums dad and dads mum why them the very gentle and the very abrupt a combination both my parents said i would have needed

My exs father as he lay dieing his middle son had said he cant be put with mum the layers full ,
The vase holding the flowers exploded .
As i for one promised him on his death bed .
Im not one to not keep a promise so i got his ashes and i dug a small hole and layed him to rest were he wanted to be with his wife .
no jobs to dirty when you make a promise .
plus i new the people in the neighbouring houses so they just laughed at me with ashes casket and spade .
OK it was full so they wouldnt allow it to be dug up so i dug it myself .
I can be a bit rebelious when i think something stinks

his wife had died of breast cancer she had a horrible death he had never been the same he wanted to be with his wife .
His more posher kids they forget were there from .
wanted to just put them on top less hassle and he would have had his wish till the wind came .
A shovel and a hole was more apropriate

The graveyards is at top of the street were my dad lived so me in weelies holding a shovel was not unusaul for the neighbours to see lol
Walking down the street bogging no one batted an eyelid .
 simong1983
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:54:09 AM
why do you think that "spirit" (btw- please define it) is something seperate from body (i.e. it can exist outside of it, without a carrier)? consciousness is just the way the brain works, it's the result of it's evolution. it dies after we die.
 LangerDan
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/19/2012 5:49:54 AM
This happens..you have a deep undisturbed sleep that you are unaware of, the dead are not dead, they are asleep.........enjoy..
 stevebees15
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/19/2012 6:02:24 AM
How would ouija if she couldn't spell or you couldn't read....all mumbo jumbo, you're born, you live, you die, really simple.
If there is an afterlife it would become so crowded, everyone and every animal that's ever lived in one place at the same time.
People you liked, didn't like, presumably Adolf Hitler, Myra Hindley, Vlad The Impaler would all be in attendance along with all the other truly evil psychopaths in history, scary place!
I think I'll settle for dust.
 SwanSpirit
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:21:31 PM
There is more than we are aware of ... or maybe that's just my personal belief and therefore reality. I believe this life is only a small part of our existence and when we pass on we move on to another form, I don't think this body and this dimension is all there is.
 MetDBlck
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:29:46 PM
Not believing in a soul or perservering self, I guess that pretty much spells out my answer. That is to say nothing, aside from getting some well deserved peace I guess.

There are far more ways to attain immortality than belief in a soul or continuing essence.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What happens when you pass away...