Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > pics and references to children and grandchildren      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pinky127
Msg: 45
pics and references to children and grandchildrenPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

At my age i have no inclination to partake in the nightlife or cruise the bar scene. You i would pass

Gawd,amen to that!

it's about why DO gushing grannies write to anyone who obviously isn't interested and then when you say there is no match they then demand an answer "WHY??"

Op,by selecting "Prefer Not To Say" in the children question is undoubtedly giving unsuspecting women the idea that you're open to the idea of them having children.ie: you're child-friendly.

^^^ That's your answer.

DISCLAIMER *I* dont believe that you're interested in younger women for procreational reasons,LOL!!!!!
 Lionessx
Msg: 46
pics and references to children and grandchildren
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:26:44 AM

Op,by selecting "Prefer Not To Say" in the children question is undoubtedly giving unsuspecting women the idea that you're open to the idea of them having children.ie: you're child-friendly.

Yep and simply saying No will deter those women from messaging you that you refer to as gushing grannies.

Since it is so much of an issue for you, you should have this statement at the beginning than the end of your profile.

no, i'm sorry but i won't be spending saturday night with you playing with your grandchildren.

Debisusanne
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/16/2012 7:59:10 AM

Ladies if your priority is your kids or animals then you should not even be on this site. Not that many guys want to take on the responsibility for someone elses problems. If they do then they are not aware of the legal/financial implications.

gosh darn it.. i gotta leave now..lol.. children are NOT problems

While i DO like the night life.. if my kids are home.. i do not partake. I turn down dates all the time because id rather not ditch my son to go gallivanting with every tom****or harry.

I stopped referring to my kids in profile after a bad thing happened.. My pic was of me and my kids.. and some fool perv asked me what my daughters bra size was!.. I was disgusted.
.. I am starting to rethink my stance..My son is over 6 ft tall now.. not perv material.. I DO want any man I am dating to understand.. that IF there is a relationship.. he will have to be nice to my son.. or take a flipping hike.. (daughter is grown and gone)
 Debisusanne
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:32:14 PM
no man has to "take on" my family.. my kids have a dad.. they have child support..

and certainly my kids will not see some man Play with their mommy.

Yep.. sir.. stick to women without kids.. prolly not too many by your age eh?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2012 11:52:10 PM
I'm always so pleased when people actually post and speak their minds ... by just reading their profiles, a person might be fooled into thinking they're someone they are obviously not ...

post more, please ... all the people on this site may not have read your thoughts and comments ...

the comment that made me laugh the hardest was when one poster stated that if a woman's priority is her children or her pets, she should not be even on this site!

oh ... wasn't there another comment about how, if a woman is a grandmother, she should be looking for a "God-fearing man" ??? that was pretty amusing, too ...

as to the question ... no ... people who love their grandchildren don't turn me off ... and no one's demanded to know why I'm not interested in them ... mainly because I don't generally TELL people that I'm not interested in them ... and, on those rare occasions when someone's sent me a rude message, I've just ignored it.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:25:07 PM

Hmmmm so by dating you YOUR kids go poof and disappear?

lol.. you are a silly man.... My kids.. my family.. my friends.. they never really go away.

BUT.. i have my youngest every other week.. Daughter is grown

When im dating it does not have to involve my kids.. but in a relationship.. "the man of the house"(son) has to approve of said b/f

I think i will put a pic of my son on profile now.. so that i scare your type away!
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:45:00 PM

I think i will put a pic of my son on profile now.. so that i scare your type away!
LOL While I don't support putting photos of children on profiles, I applaud the sentiment. As someone who did not have children, one of the things I was hoping for in finding a life partner was a man with children and grandchildren, which is what happened. His kids don't live near us, but we do have an involvement with them, and they are part of his life and mine now too. At my age, and the OP's age, if you are dating people in your age range, 'children' are going to be adults with their own lives. Grandchildren are in the picture, and I wouldn't want to have a relationship with someone who canceled dates or always put the needs of the grandchildren above the relationship, etc. But, in general, a man having kids and grandkids is a nice thing for me, not a bad thing at all.
 kailania
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/26/2012 7:15:11 PM

i don't know why granmas would be attracted to you in the first place. i would think they would be looking for a "God-fearing man" who is into family like them.

Molly: that quote is on the first page. what I think she meant was that a woman with grandchildren would be wanting any one but a man like the OP.

He like anyone else has the right to block anyone out of his life,..
but he sure comes across as snobby to me....thus the quote above.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/28/2012 4:13:24 PM
I very highly doubt you would be schtumping me.. haha

My son loved my last b/f... it just takes being CIVIL to him.. and not making him feel like he is breaking in on a date...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > pics and references to children and grandchildren