Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > A trip down Memory Lane!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 23
A trip down Memory Lane!!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
LOL, I actually forgot about ALF, too funny, the furry little cat eating Alien
okay that was definitely a 80's moment.

Was WKRP in Cincinnati a 80's or a 70's show?
 NuMeNow
Msg: 24
view profile
History
A trip down Memory Lane!!!
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:50:04 PM
^^^WKRP ran from 1978 - 1982...so both 70's and 80's

Wow...yes I remember skin tight jeans and lying on the bed to do them up...my sister would actually us a coat hanger to pull up the zipper.

Loved those rollerskating days...still have my skates and take them for a spin now and then. Also, I've introduced my children to it. As my daughter points out hanging out in the roller rink to me is what facebook is to her!!!!

Still own a Black and White, M.J. style leather jacket that the kids at school thought was really cool, when I loaned it to them for a Thriller number.

Still have a couple of olive green kitchen appliances that are still in great working condition.

Anyone out here willing to admit to owning MC Hammer Pants????
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:53:06 PM
Rollerskating to the Gap Band, Zapp, One Way,
Parliaments " one nation under a groove"

Ive never owned a MC Hammer Pants lol, or a Micheal Jackson red leather jacket with one glove
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:59:47 PM
I remember buying my 8 year old a red Micheal Jackson leather jacket.

He thought he was the coolest kid on the block!
 NuMeNow
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:23:02 PM

Rollerskating to the Gap Band, Zapp, One Way,
Parliaments " one nation under a groove"

...Now I have the urge to watch “Roll Bounce” and blast those ‘Old School’ Funk songs on my ipod (aka my very mini ghetto blaster!!)...add "Give up on the Funk" and I`m there.

When I'm done I'm thinking a couple of episodes of the Brady Bunch, Bewitched and the Partridge Family will round out my evening.
 carolann0308
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:24:19 AM
Black Members Only jackets
Wearing a sparkly headband like Olivia Newton John in the 'Physical' video
Staying in with my freinds on a Saturday night because the 'Thriller' video was being broadcast for the 1st time
Run DMC and Aerosmith playing together.
 dreamfire
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:38:43 AM
<------------confessed roller rink rat!!!!! Every Friday and Saturday night!!! Miss those days........

I had Pong and Atari. Those video games actually made you want to get off the couch and go outside and do something.

I cheated the Rubik's cube. Used to pull out the corner piece to release the other blocks and put it back together solved.....lol

OH NO!!! Mr. Bill!!!!! SNL, I think has just never been the same. Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd, the wild and crazy guys......Chevy Chase hosted "Weekend Update"

Tennax, anyone?

I owned parachute pants......remember those??

Still have a lot of my old vinyl. Still say 'record store.'
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 12:22:46 PM
I forgot completely to include roller rinks on my list. My first kiss was in a dark corner of the roller rink. And it reminds me of the single degree of separation I had with a future famous icon:

Bill Watterson, the cartoonist who drew Calvin and Hobbes, was in my class in High School. I'll never forget him circling the roller rink with a pillow roped to his butt. Safety first!

And no, Bill was NOT my kiss partner!
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/26/2012 1:00:06 PM
ok, I remember being a virgin

Holy Moley
 grizzelda
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 1:15:53 PM
How about Pepsi shoes or the great "earth shoe"?

Maybe this is a Canadian thing, but does anyone remember the Kodiak puffy winter boots, the ones that you had the tongue hanging out to show the red lining??? We were too poor, so we had the ones from the Bi-way, North stars. LOL!

Or maybe the "jesus" leather sandals that you had to soak in water for a couple days to soften up in order to wear them?

Apparently I have shoe issues.....

For the ladies...Jordache jeans and "Sun In" for the hair, I dont know any one that worked right on, just a bunch of girls with orange streaks in their hair in grade 9...

It was skin tight jeans with cowboy boots, with a spiral perm circa 1980......luckily my hair is naturally curly so it was the only thing that I had that was "in style"....
 Lionessx
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/26/2012 5:21:14 PM
I remember watching the show Dallas that came on Friday nights. Remember having a bet on who shot J.R.

Dynasty, The Colbys, Knots Landing and Falcon Crest. All those night time dramas. That was the 80's.
 NuMeNow
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 6:18:45 PM
Maybe this is a Canadian thing, but does anyone remember the Kodiak puffy winter boots, the ones that you had the tongue hanging out to show the red lining???

...Wow, I do remember these. I remember them as 'Cougar Boots' though.
Read an article not too long ago in the Globe and Mail that these boots are making a comeback...at a suggested retail price of around $200...where's the BiWay when you need it???
 dreamfire
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2012 9:10:03 AM
@blondedevil- You're my hero!!!! I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday!!!
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/28/2012 9:09:53 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^666
do u remember "losing it"????

well just remember what it was like b4 that...
 adora71
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/29/2012 12:05:11 AM
Lots and lots and lots of aeresol hairspray.
Molly Ringwald movies.
Micro Mini-skirts and leggings.
Neon colors.
Wham.
Expo 86 (I grew up in Vancouver and it was a pretty big deal)
Rap music
Breakdancing

Good times!
 0ldhag
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:49:28 AM
LA lights! Nancy Drew (I don't think thats 80s though), Alf, carebares, scrunchies, and those push down sock thingys (forget the name), and lots of clothes that look like I painted in them! I even had a bike with that stupid splatter paint..

Oh and those slap braclet things, I so loved those!

ET phone home, '82 - my birthday :)

And yup, I must add Roller Rink, but christian style! lol

My nintendo (I bought for $45, still remember that), but the best game in the world was "Mortal Combat" - loved it!
 dreamfire
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 8:33:27 AM
^^^^^^^^^ I think the 'roll down sock thingys' were called leg warmers. Popularized by Jennifer Beals in 'Flashdance.'

I can't believe no one has mentioned mood rings!!.....lol

Magic 8-balls?

I confess, when I wasn't at the roller rink, "The Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island" was my Saturday night.......
 adora71
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/29/2012 12:32:14 PM
I loved the love boat and fantasy island. I was just a kid, so it meant staying up late. My mom would buy a bag of chips and sometimes even a bottle of pop! The decadence! Gopher, the captain and we can't forget that crazy guest star Charo.
She was to the seventies what Pamela Anderson was to the nineties.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/29/2012 12:46:51 PM
I came of age in the 90's, was born right at the start of the 80's.

From a child of the 80's perspective:

Being dressed in neon spandex by my parents.

My Mom teasing my hair about a foot above my head into a huge poof & into a banana clip for school pictures.

Bedtime was when Dynasty came on.

I had to beg my family to switch from Beta to VHS

Lite-Brite, Glow Worms, Garbage Pail Kids

Watching She-ra & the Smurfs on "Channel U"
 JustDukky
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 1:20:27 PM
You know you're 60's old school when…

You're still mad about the censorship suffered by and abrupt cancelling of The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.

You fondly remember making & using your first hookah pipe.

You realized that western civilization ended in the 60's with the Kennedy & King assassinations and was now going downhill fast with the hippie/antiwar movement being the last gasps of a free society.

You learned that the "Brave New World" began in 1970 and has since transitioned into the "Nineteen Eighty-Four" society we are currently faced with.
 BrookfieldGentlemanTom
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/29/2012 2:01:57 PM
ohhh the concerts--- ICEMAN you mentioned ----Parliament/Funkadelics!!! how about Give Up the Funk and Doctor Funkenstein!! the Mothership Connection Baby!!!
George Clinton what a crazy guy! his POSSE dressed in diapers, gladiators, ghosts and anything else you can think of. what fun!

Eric Clapton and Cream, Creedence, Doobie Bros, Grand Funk, Deep Purple, Zepplin, Kiss and all that generation's rockers.

who would have guessed all that would be wiped out by..... RAP?
 BrookfieldGentlemanTom
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/29/2012 9:40:07 PM

Those were the days..I am so lucky to have lived the last days of the greatest generation in this country

it's my belief that in 200 or 300 years they will be teaching about the decline and fall of the united states and how TOO MUCH greed, selfishness (and yes) FREEDOM pitted one group against another, one race against another, one class against another and one person against another.

we have been PRIVILEGED to have lived from about 1945 to about 2007 and have seen and lived the very best premium part of what this planet considers the greatest nation in the history of the world. we were lucky that we got the very best part of the pie.

we are also RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN DEMISE.

WE ARE AT 16 TRILLION IN DEBT. it is a mathematical certainty that we cannot and can never recover from that debt given the will of the electorate as it stands right now.
 CharminC
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 11:20:57 AM
the monkees, brady bunch and happy days
three's company
the incredible hulk
Dolly Parton's Butterfly, Sonny and Cher, Welcome back Kotter,All in the Family and Good Times (claps hands "Dyno-mite!!!)
The KISS movie
'Grease'
American Bandstand and Friday Night Videos (I can still hear that theme tune..
The birth of mtv then muchmusic
pop that came in glass bottles, not plastic
Stardust roller rink, speed skate
riding without a seatbelt in mom's 69 ford fairlane

poncho jacket ,orange corduroys and mary janes with marcia brady hair
and... coke bottle sized glasses
oh yea me *facepalms*

flash forward 5 or so years
white granny boots with skintight acid jeans, half top/ jacket with shoulder pads and a perm from hell
once again..
oh yea me *double facepalms*

clock radio to ghettoblaster to walkman to cd to ipod

We are in the future. Just not as shiny,aluminum foiled, as the past thought we'd be
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/31/2012 3:11:16 PM

I remember the 70s and 80s.

umm, you mean when most people had the fear that all-out nuclear war between USSR & USA was reasonably imminent ..? or at least a conventional "hot" war..

people tend t gloss over the 'bad' and 'focus on the 'good' and say the past was all rosy...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > A trip down Memory Lane!!!