Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Confidence      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AlmostNormal666
Msg: 51
ConfidencePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I can't use public transport, it terrifies me

Public transport used to terrify me until i moved up to yorkshire , now when i have to use it i rarely get bothered by it , but when i lived in Edgware and had to travel on public transport i was terrified .
 Jo van
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:26:22 PM
I think it's fine to be confident, if that confidence is based on a realistic appraisal and knowledge of your own capabilities, and not at all delusional. .
I'm confident about the things I know I can do, I lack confidence to do the things, which I know I can't.

Arrogance can also accompany justifiable confidence, or it can be based on completely delusional opinions of your own abilities.
It's more about how a person presents themselves.
Capable people can be just as arrogant as incapable people, who are still massively confident, but that confidence isn't matched by their ability.

Confidence is a good thing, IMO if it's based on reality, and knowledge.
Arrogance is unnecessary, regardless of ability IMO.

It was all much clearer, before I started trying to explain it.....
 *rem*
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:49:51 PM
There is a difference between being sure of yourself and telling other people how good your are.

Although I don't really have a problem with people being arrogant, if it's justified and/or they've got the skills to back up their words.

Arrogance is far better than false modesty though.

I was in two minds but now i'm sure. You don't have a clue.

vvvvv
Of course not. Having the attention span of fruit wouldn't help in forming an opinion.

Edit to your edit: Maybe its my attention span but... what did i object to on this thread? On other threads there are plenty of people who understand the words i type. The fact you don't, well... thats you.
 Lusipher
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 4:57:31 PM
@msg 53

You are correct.... There are many times, when I do not have a clue what the bejeezus you're going on about.

As for suggesting I'm clueless... I think I'll be fine, ignoring your opinion on something you know next to nothing about.

Edit: I know it's unlikely to happen, but maybe (for once) you'll actually explain your stance and give a logical reason for why you object to something

For the record, I stand by everything I said in the post you quoted. Especially the closing line.

^^^^^^^^^^^

It's true.... My attention span is almost non-existent when something bores/is of no interest to me. If that's not the case though, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
 Pandora0237
Msg: 55
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:11:36 PM
I think its sad when you see people who have real ability, but because they lack confidence don t push themselves forward and show the talents they have. People like that I d like to hand them a little bottle of confidence, its pretty priceless as far as I m concerned.

Arrogance stems from an underlying insecurity about your ability and talent, which is why people tend to put others down. I tend to ultimately feel sorry for people who behave in this way, as I see why they do it, although not keen to spend too much time with people like that, not sure my self confidence could cope !!!

I think I have a sort of deep inner self confidence, but I can be knocked quite easily by criticism, and whilst I think its fair to consider if its justified, I do have to sometimes give myself a talking to about not letting it knock me too much,. . I could at times most definitely do with my own little bottle of self belief....
 Scotslady64
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Want to earn extra cash with AVON?
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:23:24 PM
Confidence is attractive but arrogance is really off putting.. they are a world apart!
 theconcept
Msg: 57
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:51:39 PM
Arrogance is confidence without modesty.

Confidence has nothing to do with a persons talent though... Take music, a singer may have all the confidence in the world (see xfactor) but the confidence wont give them a good voice. Only the nerve to attempt something they have no talent for. Confidence is self belief, not a measure of talent.

If a true talented musician lacks the confidence to reach a wider audience, its unfortunate, but doesn't change the fact they have a true talent.

Confidence can be interchanged with audacity.
 *rem*
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/20/2012 7:21:50 PM

Arrogance stems from an underlying insecurity about your ability and talent, which is why people tend to put others down.

Sounds like many women on pof forums. Get your baps out on your profile and increase your pulling power exponentially.. or get your nob out privately and you're a perv. Double standards, arrogance, insecurity and hypocricy all rolled into one.
 helen1981
Msg: 59
Confidence
Posted: 4/21/2012 8:37:22 AM
Confidence is I'm intelligent, beautiful and good at what I do
Arrogance is I'm more intelligent, more beautiful and better than everyone else
 SwanSpirit
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Confidence
Posted: 4/21/2012 9:59:31 AM
Haha Helen :-)

Or
Confidence is I can be wrong without it being the end of the world.
Arrogance is I am always right and I will argue the point until you give up.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Confidence