Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'd really prefer not to date someone older than me. I find it's difficult for me to relate even to most women my own age, and aside from that, I find it much less common for me to be attracted to women older than the age I happen to be at currently. That said, I have found a few women on this site and elsewhere who are older than me, but who are very attractive, and whom I would be interested in dating, but with whom I wouldn't see much potential for a long-term relationship (nor do I really want a serious long-term relationship with someone older than me, right now anyway...I might feel different in 10 or 15 years).
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 27
Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:32:43 AM
Yes OP age matters - the woman must be young enough in mind and body to be compatible and old enough to be compatible. I find most women I meet or correspond with on this site are within a +/- 14 yr window of my age so apparently it does matter to the women who message me initially as well.

Having said that I have met women in thier 60's who are more youthfull than some women in thier 50's and women in thier 40's who appear older than some women in thier 50's.
 Doc_Sage
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 9:30:51 AM
It's not about the number so much and more about if the two are compatible. One could be 10 years younger but is much more experienced, if that is the right word. Both needs to be in the same place mentally speaking, again that is not the right word.

The variance in years would be much smaller when we are younger and expending as we advance in years.

Doc Sage
 CK099
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/6/2012 10:24:24 AM
Age only matters depending on what you're looking for and...generally in a long-term relationship women are looking for mature men. What age do you consider mature? Age is generally perceived as how you represent yourself. Women who generally hang out and act like a younger age group, seem to date men around that age as well.

I don't think any man just looking for a fling would really consider age all that much, physical attraction is what it is. Significantly less than a woman would.
 BC-Blue
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/6/2012 10:11:15 PM
Nope all of my ex's are older then me and I have maintained a friendship with them all one ex was 15 years older then me
 scottmcfish
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/10/2012 9:39:10 PM
For me it does. Maybe because I'm fairly young, so an age difference of 5 years is relatively a lot of life experience, but I've always found distinct "platonic" vibe between myself and older women (for me at 27, as young as 30 is what I mean by "older"). Maybe it's because I'm so young of mind, but I just often feel like women older then myself aren't playful and light spirited enough for me to find charming. Although I respect life experience, wisdom and stability, I don't find these things attractive.

A few years younger then myself though and I seem to love at the drop of a dime. That being said, the 22-26 age range seems to be a vary popular "type" for men to be attracted to.
 mirror2
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:31:56 AM
I agree.Age is something that has no control over love.Love comes easier for the young maybe.Since being widowed its hard to know if this is the site I should really be on.I have not had any contacts and I do not feel old or look old but older men always seem to think they are young and they want young blood they still think they can make it happen.I will keep fishing and I hope others look at me for who I am as a good person and I do care for myself.
 yawannano
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:58:30 PM
OMG...Yes, I am 50 years old and I do and have dated younger men but I really would like to have a long term relationship at some point. I have messaged men my age and a few years older with no response back, I think they are looking for women in their 30's or 40's. My ex-husband is on here, he is 42 and said that he wouldn`t even look at any profiles of women over 40....something to be said why he is my Ex...LOL
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2012 1:27:18 PM
Yes and no. Lol!

I think ultimately age doesn't matter if two people are a match emotionally, intellectually and physically. I think there is a tendency in all of us to view ourselves a maybe a bit more youthful then we are. So we want to be with someone who will make us feel that way.

Personally, I tend to stick within 4 to 5 years of my own age. I have dated as young as 35 and one lady who was 58 (but she looked and lived way younger then that). Ultimately, as I said, it comes down to compatibility. I'm still at the point in my life where I think I am a fairly physically attractive guy and being with a woman I find physically attractive is part of my equation. So that often rules out women much older then myself (no offence to older ladies but that's the reality of life and aging). But on the flip side women younger then 38 or so are often at a slightly different stage in their lives and also often want to have children of their own. I'm not fathering any more so why bother chasing after women that want that?
 adora71
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:37:53 PM
^^^^^^^
I couldn't agree more!
I think around the same age and lifestage is best, but there is always room for movement and a few exceptions to the rule.

I have had a few men well into their fifties, whose children are grown and who are enjoying a semi-retired lifestyle, ask me out. I guess I question their motives. I just figure they are looking at the packaging without thinking about the parcel. I am entering one of the busiest decades of my life and would like to be with someone who can relate to my situation.
 AndyRichmond72
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/16/2012 9:48:25 AM
Sexy is all in the attitude. If you feel sexy, you will be.
 kac1003
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 6:58:44 AM
Age does not matter; My wife was 10 years younger than me and we were married 15 years...what matters is whether or not you are both willing to make your relationship work.

What I find interesting is the posts where people say they won't date people of a certain age, and it's always for a physical reason...yes, maybe as we get older (men and women both) we have more lines in the face, more grey hair, less hair period (guys only), a larger belly; but I believe age is in the mind...I personally know a couple of women, 1 under my age bracket, 1 over it, who are good friends, and they also happen to be drop dead gorgeous, but we became friends because we have similar situations in life.

Never let age be a barrier...you might be missing out on something really good!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Men, please tell me what you think? Does age matter?