Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What has war since WW2 done for humanity?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seymore.fish
Msg: 26
What has war since WW2 done for humanity?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
so interesting

How about the allies that have been forged form the end of the war .Human rights ,Geneva convention,U.N and the stop of Nazism the ability to practice. What religion you choose woman that don't have to cover their face and equal rights maybe.If WE and the U.S are the worlds police to enforce democracy(for all its faults) I can live with that.Maybe two bit countries will catch us up.

And if you don't learn from history your only going to make the same mistakes
 vlad dracul
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What has war since WW2 done for humanity?
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:57:07 AM
yule

my excuse?

you actually think im ashamed of my country? lol

how wrong you are.

it happened a long time ago, get over it

the invaders(europeans) oh dear so prior to the uk slapping johnny foreigner
about no one else had ever left their shores and landed somewhere and slapped
the locals?

you for real?

i'll leave the guilt trips to the saddo hand wringers.
aw so you shermans could have been speaking german? but your not,
so get over that as well

here maybe thats why the soldiers in the other thread had what looked like
the lightning flash runes used by the waffen ss? maybe they were mourning english winning the battle of the languages and were showing solidarity with the uk haters?

gott in himmel
 chillicat
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:15:36 AM

Is that your excuse for the atrocities committed by the UK? Don't you think its kind of hard to put a fight when the invaders (europeans) have guns armor and fire-arms while the natives have rocks and spears

same as what you people done to the native american indians..? you slaughtered 1000s of them..women and children too..took there scalps and land using your advance fire power against bow and arrows and tomahawks..etc and to think if you guys would of helped us in ww2 when we asked..there would of been millions of lives saved from the nazi war machine..not many older british folk have ever forgot or forgiven you for standing by and watching the genocide going on in europe in the 30s and 40s..naughty..naughty..
 frankster_p
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:19:25 AM
^ Thought your part of the UK wanted to get away from the Poms and be an independant country?
Now you want to remain part of the UK?

But good to see whats hapening to Rangers aint it?

Cheers
F.P.

Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:28:05 AM
"same as what you people done to the native american indians..? you slaughtered 1000s of them..women and children too..took there scalps and land using your advance fire power against bow and arrows and tomahawks..etc and to think if you guys would of helped us in ww2 when we asked..there would of been millions of lives saved from the nazi war machine..not many older british folk have ever forgot or forgiven you for standing by and watching the genocide going on in europe in the 30s and 40s..naughty..naughty."

^^^The UK considered attacking us just before WWI started and they wondering why we hesitated in WWII? Why did the UK and other European nations sit by and allowed the Nazi party to get so powerful? Something could of been done long before the Germans invaded Poland. Also very interesting that the British had a patent on the machine guns the Germans used in WWI. Very nice of the British to sale their jet engine technology to the USSR which allowed them to build the Mig 15. Considering our national language nearly became German, you are lucky that we bothered feeling sorry enough to help bail you out.

Regardless, most folks I know including myself think very well and highly of the British and the all the other nations of Europe, including our neighbors to the North and South of us, and to the East and West of us, so sometimes we are puzzled at the ill comments made towards our country the USA. Guess we will be seeing you again when someone in Europe starts the next big one.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:35:49 AM
c'mon now frankster

ive never said i wanted the uk broken up, and
i think if they had a vote now we still would not vote for independence.

oh whats happening with rangers is fantastic. cant stand the fvckers
or their alter ego's celtic

well your lot had an empire, we have had an empire now its the shermans
turn to have one. and empires are not built by sitting having tea with the
natives.

empires are built by taking and getting the more cowardly hand wringing
natives to do the dirty work

ive got nowt against america. the americans ive met have been sound as
a pound. doesnt mean i have to like the politics of america though
but enjoy your empire while it lasts
 chillicat
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:37:40 AM
Regardless, most folks I know including myself think very well and highly of the British and the all the other nations of Europe, so sometimes we are puzzled at the ill comments made towards our country the USA

we are also quite puzzled by the derogatory comments made by some americans to towards the uk..just open your eyes and read through this thread for proof..and all the times we have helped you out as well..feck.. im real glad now the uk has joined the european union..the more we distance ourselves away from the usa..the better..
 SteveNaive
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:39:18 AM

Regardless, most folks I know including myself think very well and highly of the British and the all the other nations of Europe, including our neighbors to the North and South of us, and to the East and West of us, so sometimes we are puzzled at the ill comments made towards our country the USA.

The majority over here have the same feelings it's just a minority on both sides that haven't the courage to do anything but wrong rights and depress the opressed from the safe comfort of there electronic soap boxes
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:59:14 AM
"we are also quite puzzled by the derogatory comments made by some americans to towards the uk..just open your eyes and read through this thread for proof..and all the times we have helped you out as well..feck.. im real glad now the uk has joined the european union..the more we distance ourselves away from the usa..the better.."

^^^We are well aware of this and are quite appreciative, and will be grateful for any help given in the future. Well don't distance yourselves too far away. Everyone I have met from the UK have been wonderful.

"the majority over here have the same feelings it's just a minority on both sides that haven't the courage to do anything but wrong rights and depress the opressed from the safe comfort of there electronic soap boxes"

^^^We have that too.
 want to travel
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:23:31 AM
Really! the topic is about the USA, and not the UK
what did the US gain from all her wars since WW2
the corporations, record profits
the people, debt!!!
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/15/2012 11:44:58 AM
Lordy, what a great thread!!
Too bad it started off on a retarded premise : A wild and zany English comic MIGHT have said this: ,,,, and then everyone went off. Basically a troll post, but a good one.
OP, why pick WWII as a point of discussion? Why not the Ice age, or any other point in time?
Haven't wars been fought since the beginning, by all groups, for whatever reason? Access to the sea, resources of value, religious differences, family arguments, food shortages. land boundaries, has anything changed?
R
 Paul K
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 3:06:09 PM
Hey want........

Are you of the opinion that the USA initiated "all her wars since WW2"?

Seeing how you don't live in the USA, why is it that you are losing sleep over what you perceive to be such a wayword and retched country?

Paul K
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/15/2012 3:16:51 PM

Seeing how you don't live in the USA, why is it that you are losing sleep over what you perceive to be such a wayword and retched country?

I can not speak for the poster, but IMO:

When you see a country like the US and what they have done to other countries that did nothing to them and then you look in your backyard and you see lots of clean water, lots of oil and then you think, well if they want it bad enough, they just might make some shit up to come get it.

Not saying that I think it would happen, but just saying given history it is not totally beyond the realm of possibilities.
 Paul K
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 3:43:06 PM
Hey Aris....... and want..............

The title of the thread is a question about WAR...... "What has war since WW2 done for humanity?"............. not about the USA. The question posited asks about WAR, not the USA, but there will always be those who will take any chance at all, no matter how oblique to the subject to spit on the USA. That is understood, and taken accordingly.

Granted there are those that see the USA as the scourge of all things, and the the USA has done nothing on the positive side of the scales ever, so those that feel that way will see the USA under only one light, so your opinions are taken with a grain, or a whole box full, of salt.

Paul K
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/15/2012 3:54:49 PM

The title of the thread is a question about WAR...... "What has war since WW2 done for humanity?"............. not about the USA. The question posited asks about WAR, not the USA, but there will always be those who will take any chance at all, no matter how oblique to the subject to spit on the USA. That is understood, and taken accordingly.

Then why did you ask this?

So are you lecturing yourself on what to post, because from what I see you are the one that asked the question?

Granted there are those that see the USA as the scourge of all things, and the the USA has done nothing on the positive side of the scales ever, so those that feel that way will see the USA under only one light, so your opinions are taken with a grain, or a whole box full, of salt.

There are also those that think the US has not done any wrong and a the saints of the world.
 Paul K
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:04:17 PM
Hey Aris......

You posted the following:
"Then why did you ask this?

So are you lecturing yourself on what to post, because from what I see you are the one that asked the question?"

Even though it is very simple, I will tell you......... I posted that in response to another poster.......... not all posts are directed to you.

All countries have done things wrong, even the USA, so who exactly are you referring to?

Paul K
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:41:05 PM
@ Vlad

do you actually think im ashamed of my country? lol

probably not; as I'm sure you are quite proud of what your overlords have done in the oppression & subjugation of primitive pples

it happened a long time ago, get over it

Oh silly me! Then I guess that makes it all okay and dandy, That must explain why you didn't have to pay not 1 measly pence in restitution & reparations.

the invaders(europeans) oh dear so prior to the uk slapping johnny foreigner about no one else had ever left their shores and landed somewhere and slapped the locals?

Yes, but not with the playing field titled so heavily in your favor; if you wanted to be fair about it, then you should have given the "locals' the same amount of guns that you had going in! Would have made it more 'sporting' don't you think!

aw so you shermans could have been speaking german? but your not,
so get over that as well

just curious, but what language was spoken in your land before the English conquered & subjugated it? Im sure it wasn't the King's English! At least we could VOTE on which language to use! Did you?

here maybe thats why the soldiers in the other thread had what looked like the lightning flash runes used by the waffen ss? maybe they were mourning english winning the battle of the languages and were showing solidarity with the uk haters?

Yep, you call it right (again) mate!

ive never said i wanted the uk broken up, and
i think if they had a vote now we still would not vote for independence.

Spoken like a true descendant of Brave heart, eh! Im just imaging what he would have done with someone like you had you been standing within range of his sword!
@ Chillicat

same as what you people done to the native american indians..? you slaughtered 1000s of them..women and children too..took there scalps and land using your advance fire power against bow and arrows and tomahawks..

we have acknowledged this, and (unlike you) we are NOT proud of it.

etc and to think if you guys would of helped us in ww2 when we asked..there would of been millions of lives saved from the nazi war machine

At the end of WW-1; both the british, french leadership "asked" the USA to STAY AWAY and not get involved in European affairs, and that they knew best on how to handle and resolve their matters. As a result; Woodrow Wilson's peace settlement (the 14 points) were discarded in favor of a more harsh & rigidly oppressive accord imposed on Germany; such that it set the stage for the rise of fascism & Nazism; not only that, but when these dictators came to power you did NOTHING to stop them. So now ask yourself again who could have truly saved millions of lives.

not many older british folk have ever forgot or forgiven you for standing by and watching the genocide going on in europe in the 30s and 40s..naughty..naughty

really, did they also "forget" the many cargo ships that set sail from N. America bring you much needed supplies from 1940 and on? Without which your side would have died of starvation! did they also forget of the 1000's of US sailors and brave merchant marines who gave their lives in the cold Atlantic from U-boat torpedes? All in the effort to try to help you survive the MESS you created!
 jimmiex
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2012 9:37:10 PM
world war two pulled america out of the depression and the cold war prevented it from reoccurring after the millions of soldiers returned and the massive domestic military production was no longer needed. our affluence is based on a militarism.
like baseball war has been very good for americans. but all good things end.
 chillicat
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/16/2012 1:14:58 AM

really, did they also "forget" the many cargo ships that set sail from N. America bring you much needed supplies from 1940 and on? Without which your side would have died of starvation! did they also forget of the 1000's of US sailors and brave merchant marines who gave their lives in the cold Atlantic from U-boat torpedes? All in the effort to try to help you survive the MESS you created!

you charged us alot of money for your help in the war..billions of pounds..yous never done it out of the goodness of your hearts..you americans would be lost without us brits at your side..you are a disaster on your own..just look what happend in vietnam dude..and somalia..same thing would of happend in the gulf most likely if us brits werent there to help and guide you..lol be grateful for our friendship dude.you will need us again somtime in the future..
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:26:52 AM

Lordy, what a great thread!!
Too bad it started off on a retarded premise : A wild and zany English comic MIGHT have said this: ,,,, and then everyone went off. Basically a troll post, but a good one.
OP, why pick WWII as a point of discussion? Why not the Ice age, or any other point in time?
Haven't wars been fought since the beginning, by all groups, for whatever reason? Access to the sea, resources of value, religious differences, family arguments, food shortages. land boundaries, has anything changed?

Hats off to RichenLosAngeles !!! The one calm voice in this thread of shrill name-calling and finger pointing. One point I would like to make is the one I tell my grandchildren: You don't make yourself better by saying others have done worse.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:22:19 AM
@Chillicat

you charged us alot of money for your help in the war

You should gladly re-pay it because it was worth every pence for you; And how much do you think the lives of the sailors who died at sea are worth? No matter how much you think you had to pay; you got a bargain. When it was over, you got to keep your country and your language and you didn't have to salute a picture of the Fuhrer. Not bad at all; considering the huge mess your side started.

you americans would be lost without us brits at your side..you are a disaster on your own..just look what happend in vietnam dude..and somalia..same thing would of happend in the gulf most likely if us brits werent there to help and guide you

Boy well, that sure puts our mind at peace; knowing that you'll be there to guide us through. Next time we need to beat up on some poor 3rd world country we'll be sure to consult you; since you have 100's of years of experience doing it.

be grateful for our friendship dude.you will need us again somtime in the future..

Sure thing mate! thank you for saving us from Nazism, and Communism; we could not have done without you! We will be forever in debt to you!
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:24:47 AM
Settle down kiddies, don't make me come up there!!!
 matchlight
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:41:44 PM

Haven't wars been fought since the beginning, by all groups, for whatever reason?

Are you really saying that when the Han spread out across what's now China a few thousand years ago, they violated the native peoples who were living there? With all due respect, I find that hard to believe. I prefer to think that they asked the locals nicely if they could have some of their land, or at least offered them women, liquor, etc. in exchange.

And the same with all people of color around the world. When *they* invaded someplace, I'm sure they did it in a polite, civilized way. But not the white man. From what I've heard, it was only when the whites started spreading out that all the violence began--just as if it were in our blood. No wonder the rest of the world hates us so much. Why, why can't we all just get along?
 statemachine500
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:27:11 PM
We could all get along if Americans accepted the fact that you must pay people for their oil,and land,and not continually plot to steal it.At the moment the Americans and Israel are trying to decide if it's worth possibly plunging the world into another world war trying to invade Iran.
 Paul K
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:50:42 PM
Hey state.........

PLEASE show me how the USA does not pay for oil........... and how we steal it...........

Last I heard there was this thing called OPEC that pretty much sets the price of oil.

Oh, and, the USA is NOT an oil purchaser, the OIL COMPANIES are.

You are delusional at best. I wonder where you got the "information" that the USA steals oil. Actually, after listening to folks like you, sometimes I think that we should just say fu@k it, and turn your delusion into reality. What the hell, you and others with similar delusions feel we steal the oil, so lets steal it.

Paul K
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What has war since WW2 done for humanity?